Aaron

Religion is the poison of Spirituality

I just wonder how much living a person would have done if they were able to do that though.

i reckon that these are the ones who truly live. joyously and fiercely, even

Im surprised and a bit confused at what you mean by that Zero, can you elaborate in everyday terms?

Edited by sinansencer

I think it would be wise for those who have followed this thread to remember a few things...

First, religion defines, more than anything else, who we perceive ourselves to be as a person. Even if we are not raised with a strict religious background, we more often than not, perceive ourselves to be a part of the religion of our birth. Most Americans for instance will identify themselves as christian, even if they might not have stepped inside a church in a decade.

Second, religion defines, more than anything else, who we mistrust and dislike. The discussions regarding Christians and Muslims is a good example. Most Muslims perceive westerners as decadent and immoral, even though they have never visited a Western country, just as most Westerners mistrust Muslims, viewing most as being anti-west, wanting to overthrow everyone.

Third, how does this benefit religions and how does it poison spirituality? Well that one I wont answer, I think it's best if you come to that answer on your own.

Aaron

I think it would be wise for those who have followed this thread to remember a few things...

First, religion defines, more than anything else, who we perceive ourselves to be as a person. Even if we are not raised with a strict religious background, we more often than not, perceive ourselves to be a part of the religion of our birth. Most Americans for instance will identify themselves as christian, even if they might not have stepped inside a church in a decade.

Second, religion defines, more than anything else, who we mistrust and dislike. The discussions regarding Christians and Muslims is a good example. Most Muslims perceive westerners as decadent and immoral, even though they have never visited a Western country, just as most Westerners mistrust Muslims, viewing most as being anti-west, wanting to overthrow everyone.

Third, how does this benefit religions and how does it poison spirituality? Well that one I wont answer, I think it's best if you come to that answer on your own.

Aaron

True, but I'd put it as- bad religion informs prejudices. The good stuff is actually pretty pro brotherhood and oneness of man. Thats reflected by the teachings of saints and wise men in all traditions. And poisoned by bastards who used religion as a cover for greed and hatred, but thats been done as often in the name of nationalism as religion. During the last century I'd wager its nationalism that spreads greater poison, and more often then not religious people trying to salve the wounds. Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Aaron,

Individuals define themselves based on their actions, thoughts , beliefs, ... yea most simply copy what others tell them to think, believe, do... and individuals do like to blame 'others' for their own choices...

Individuals define themselves based on their actions, thoughts , beliefs, ... yea most simply copy what others tell them to think, believe, do... and individuals do like to blame 'others' for their own choices...

et you are the unofficial ghost of the taobums. I'm quoting you because I know later this message like so many of your others will vanish into the electric ether.

et you are the unofficial ghost of the taobums. I'm quoting you because I know later this message like so many of your others will vanish into the electric ether.

Hope that what I have write helps you... recently I realized that some individual in the taobums was taking stuff I posted... into a secret place that I did not have access too... I told that particular individual that they did not have my consent to copy/use the information that I put here... and they refused to honor 'my request'. Its a bit like me choosing to have an open house party and realizing a particular individual is taking stuff and me telling them that they are stilling and to leave... while they cynically continue to take stuff put there for the benefit of others... there comes a time when I rather burn down what I put there for others than have said individual take it... You probably noticed a change in my contributions as well... I am basically terminating certain conversations... I considered I had to remove my contributions and followed-through, basically edited each and every one of my posts that I still had access to... the individual involved likely knows how what they did has affected other here ... and probably enjoys and gloats over the events...

If individuals choose to become frustrated or choose to be enriched by the statements I made thats their business... each is held accountable for what they do... and not do... what concerned me was someone violating my expressed consent regarding the works I created and unlawfully taking it when they where specifically told not to.... and I am sure you know who this was...

Someone keeping track of the information I posted does not concern me at all... in the end everything is recorded and available to everyone... yea even you innermost feelings and thoughts are there for all to see... I know that the control one has over what one creates is quite limited... and that many individuals and organizations will take and appropriate whatever they can get their tentacles on... thought that does not give them the right to use it... or do it... some may ignore that and do whatever they please for the time being... I feel quite sorry for so many individuals deluded and enslaved within a domain of careless existence ... I would tell them to be careful with what they cultivate in their actions, words, thoughts, beliefs... conscious that they will likely gloat and mock this as they condemn themselves to a deceitful existence where they are unable to enjoy nor understand the true divine realities ... If individuals choose to become frustrated or choose to be enriched by the statements I made thats their business...

If you want to hold the belief that I frustrated you rather than you chose to frustrate yourself thats your business... Thanks for ceding control of how you feel to me, but frankly its your business...'You have largely enjoyed the position of not being held accountable here...' for what you choose to do... even though you are being held accountable for every action, thought, word you choose to create... Yea I know that also applies to me... the difference resides in the intentions each has and what each seeks to cultivate...

Who is frustrated?

Who ceded you anything?

What is your point here?

What are you even talking about?

:huh:

The people who you claimed become frustrated with me...

You did, and you didn't even realized it.

I find little point in explaining my point to you ...

Hope that what I have write helps you...

It has and leaving no trace can be a very taoist practice :). I just pointed it out to yank your chain and because I like to read your opinions.
  • Like 1

You have access to every word I have ever said here. Quote or it never happened. :lol:

That I quote you to prove it ( or not ) hardly changes the fact it happened ... that you recognize the truth or deny it hardly changes the truth... as I said I find little point in explaining my points to you ...

It has and leaving no trace can be a very taoist practice :). I just pointed it out to yank your chain and because I like to read your opinions.

I appreciate that... BTW I had a chuckle with something that just happened... I decided to look up the meaning of 'yank', yea I knew what it meant just wanted to take a closer look at what the dictionary had... so I am reading "yank : pull with a jerk..." and got to wonder ... what would be the appropriate word for a nice being pulling something... certainly not a 'yank'... anyways I just pointed this out because of the humorous implications ... hope you enjoyed the comment...

What is this thread about again?

Well its about the poisons of spirituality and religion... though right now its focused on a farewell parting... may you be well now and always...

Well its about the poisons of spirituality and religion... though right now its focused on a farewell parting... may you be well now and always...

Well cheerio chaps! I missed most of this discussion but I read some slagging off of Olde England ... so we burned down your capitol ... hmm talk about bearing a grudge.

Well cheerio chaps! I missed most of this discussion but I read some slagging off of Olde England ... so we burned down your capitol ... hmm talk about bearing a grudge.

no grudge, in fact i am wondering if some of us over here wouldnt mind an encore performance, considering the current state of stagnation and pig headedness

no grudge, in fact i am wondering if some of us over here wouldnt mind an encore performance, considering the current state of stagnation and pig headedness

I'll have a word with her majesty for you.

• Like 1

Would you ask her to send more tea whist she's at it?

What so you can throw it into the river ... ?!?

... hmm talk about ...

...it whichever way you want... though realize that what you choose to say may very well be your concoction... and bear little relation to the actual reality... Some think that I am very attached to what I think... evidently I would let it go in a blink of an eye for the right reason... it seems others would rather keep their eyes close rather than let go of what they think...

As stated by

no grudge, in fact i am wondering ...

... and will keep on wondering...
  • Like 1

What sort of mess would this (could not run a beer tasting session in a brewery) current set of clowns pretending to run England make of a place the size of the USA if we had not lost it?

One shudders to think.

... and will keep on wondering..

and pondering and wandering :D

but never squandering

Just an excuse for a party I think :)

the party must go on

just like this thread must go on

Edited by zerostao