Aaron

Religion is the poison of Spirituality

Every answer you receive is a lie. The only truth that exists is the truth you find within yourself. Seeking answers from others without question, is like taking the apple from the friendly old lady who comes to meet you, she might look friendly, but she might also be a witch. It doesn't matter how many times someone tells you to keep the door shut and not talk to strangers, if you open the door just once, then the damage is done.

Religion is the poison of spirituality. It is simply legalizing and formalizing something that should not be. Everyone has the potential to find the wisdom they seek within themselves, after all the great prophets were able to do this, yet we have grown up to believe that just because someone is friendly and we are hungry, that we need to accept the food offered us, the more delicious it is, the more apt we are to take a bite, but once we've taken that bite we've allowed the poison inside.

The only antidote to this is giving up what we've been told are facts and searching for the facts within ourselves. We must question what we've been told, if we don't then we may very well miss out on the truth, for the sake of a pleasant lie. Must you believe what others believe?

Aaron

The funny thing is all religion comes from Spirituality/Mysticism........Jesus, Muhammad, The Buddha, Lao Tzu....etc

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 2

I think John Chang puts it best when he said that "religion is like a walking stick. When you are young, you need

help from your parents to walk. When you are old, you need a cane. When you are a healthy adult, you have no need for a cane; if you try to run, it will only hinder you."

• Like 2

I don't care for organized religion, but people do seem to have a need for formal framework to come together to recognize events like weddings and funerals. The churches here run food pantries, collect for disaster relief and build wells in third world countries.

Organization is not all bad.

• Like 3

I've heard it said that:-

Religions are created by those who don't get it.

The ones who do get it are too busy having fun to be bothered with the hassle of starting a religion.

(Or words to that effect)

• Like 1

Every answer you receive is a lie. The only truth that exists is the truth you find within yourself. Seeking answers from others without question, is like taking the apple from the friendly old lady who comes to meet you, she might look friendly, but she might also be a witch. It doesn't matter how many times someone tells you to keep the door shut and not talk to strangers, if you open the door just once, then the damage is done.

Everybody needs a master, a teacher. I disagree

Religion is the poison of spirituality. It is simply legalizing and formalizing something that should not be. Everyone has the potential to find the wisdom they seek within themselves, after all the great prophets were able to do this, yet we have grown up to believe that just because someone is friendly and we are hungry, that we need to accept the food offered us, the more delicious it is, the more apt we are to take a bite, but once we've taken that bite we've allowed the poison inside.

In fact, true religion is the only way to go to God Almighty. We are living in such a world that legalizing and formalizing is necessary. Prophets are very high spirits that has been already been able to one with God Almighty, that is the reason they have been incarnated to this world to show people the reality. There is no poison in a food cooked by a real Prophet. The problem is, there is this Satan ready to put this poison in this food. In the history, Satan has been successful too many times. That is the reason, a contemporary person without the true guidance, thinks that religions are poisonous in fact they are not.

The only antidote to this is giving up what we've been told are facts and searching for the facts within ourselves. We must question what we've been told, if we don't then we may very well miss out on the truth, for the sake of a pleasant lie. Must you believe what others believe?

You can find these truths only in your heart. Yet, surprisingly, you will find out that from your heart, you go and find God Almighty. This is what Sufism and real core of Islam means.

• Like 1

lol my religion advises to avoid extreme points of view like the one in the OP

otherwise i might be inclined to delude myself into thinking i was a great sage and could figure out the truth all on my own

• Like 4

Aaron

This is so hypocritical.

Especially, coming from the person who posted about an experience (the "I AM" phase) that is commonly described in the worlds religions.

You are not special Aaron. I know quite a few people who have used psychotropic drugs in order to have experiences that were beyond the notions of the brain/body and any conceptual framework (describing, it as "being the expression of the universe" or "being one with god," yada, yada.)

• Like 1

Two opposing sentiments. Legality and formality of the truth of one's heart? :wacko:

No sir,

It depends on which stage you are, there are four stages:

1. Sharia (sacred laws)

2. Tariqa (sacred path)

3. Haqiqa (divine reality)

4. Marifa (gnosis or certain knowledge of God)

According to Prophetic tradition (hadith):

. Sharia consists of the words of the Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace,

. Tariqa consists of the actions of the Prophet,

. Haqiqa consists of the state of the Prophet, and

. Marfia consists of the secrets of the Prophet.

These four ways are very closely linked together and cannot be separated one from the other.

The Kalima (the sacred mantra of Islamic faith, La ilaha illallah) has four meanings according to these four ways.

According to Sharia the meaning is:

"There is nothing in the world that can be worshipped with certainty except Allah."

According to Tariqa the meaning is:

"There is none that can do a thing except Allah."

According to Haqiqa the meaning is:

"There is none who is sought after except Allah."

According to Marifa the meaning is:

"There is nothing existent except Allah."

From sufistic point of view: Sharia is the divine and sacred law of Islam. It makes one distinguish between right and wrong, between forbidden and permissible actions. Tariqa is the beautification of the Sharia' whereby whatever one has understood in Sharia' is made firm in one's heart under strict spiritual discipline. In this stage one has to have complete trust in God and also have lots of patience in whatever condition God keeps him in. This is the stage where one's soul is cleansed to receive God's divine attributes.

Haqiqa is the zenith of Spiritual Perfection. In this stage the attributes of God, the Most Perfect begins to manifest itself in one's self. Marifa is the goal to recognise our creator (God), or to become God-conscious in every state and action. In this state, there is no "time-space". Here only purity exists and only the pure can come close to God. In this state the seeker does not forget that he (or she) is still a servant and no matter how high he may progress spiritually he still remains the created and God the Creator. This state cannot be expressed through our very limited human faculties.

• Like 2

Identification with being the "created" and or part of creation is part of evolution and has its place but it is not enough,

. Marfia consists of the secrets of the Prophet.

Hmm.. i had always had the suspicion that the Marfia had some links with the muslim world.

:ph34r:

Using the fake to assist the real. Using the external rituals to channel the energy.

Using others to assist self. Seeing others to better understand one own's energy.

If you do not respect external, I do not believe you can respect the internal reality. Why? External and internal is the same. Both are expressions of a truth.

• Like 2

Hmm.. i had always had the suspicion that the Marfia had some links with the muslim world.

:ph34r:

Nah, they're all Catholics in Sicily

Hmm... lots of "You're wrong" or "you have experienced this so obviously you're a hypocrite", which honestly made absolutely no sense at all, but then again I didn't expect a lot of people to make sense. The very people who refuse to think for themselves, have their religious beliefs spoon fed to them, are the same ones who are so adamant about how wrong I am.

Not surprising most people failed to get the point.

Think about it, religions are the poison of spirituality. What does that mean? I pointed the way, can't anyone make the leap?

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

Hmm... lots of "You're wrong" or "you have experienced this so obviously you're a hypocrite", which honestly made absolutely no sense at all, but then again I didn't expect a lot of people to make sense. The very people who refuse to think for themselves, have their religious beliefs spoon fed to them, are the same ones who are so adamant about how wrong I am.

Not surprising most people failed to get the point.

Think about it, religions are the poison of spirituality. What does that mean? I pointed the way, can't anyone make the leap?

Aaron

Dude, get over yourself.

• Like 2

the irony regarding the Rumi reference is that Rumi would probably agree with me regarding what I've said. in fact Rumi was a great supporter of looking within for the answers and not allowing others to define the world for you, but coming up with the definition on your own,as was Lao Tzu and many other great mystics and prophets. we have just gotten lazy and we would rather have the answers given to us than having to look for them for ourselves.

we need to be like little children who seeing the door closed wonder what's within and rather than have somebody tell us what is beyond that door, we open it for ourselves and see what's there with our own eyes. yes it might be scary, but that's half the fun.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron