konchog uma

File Share - Daoist Internal Alchemy by Michael Winn (non-copyrighted)

Hi bums, I would like to share this file, which I happened across in my wanderings through soulseek users files. It is not copyrighted or a matter of protected rights in any way, and seems to be an essay written by Michael Winn about Daoist Internal Alchemy. I hope that you enjoy it and that it brings benefit to your practices!

The following is a quote from the beginning of the file.

Daoist Internal Alchemy:

A Deep Language for Communicating

with Nature's Intelligence

By Michael Winn

Table of Contents

Alchemy Formulas, Qi Field & Language Theory

Personal Account - Learning the Language of Alchemy

Is Chinese Language Essential to Learning Alchemy?

Computer Language vs. Alchemical Language

Daoist Cosmology as Nature's Deep Grammar

How the Alchemist Shapes the Qi Field

Cauldron: Portal for Communicating with Original Qi

Nei Dan Formulas as Stages of Cultivating Original Qi

Alchemists, Shamans, Mediums & the Empty Mind

Inner Tones of Heaven & I Ching as Language

What Language Do Immortals Speak?

Alchemy, Reincarnation, & the Spirit-Matter Dialog

Benefits of Studying Alchemy as a Deep Language

Appendix A: Seven Alchemy Formulas for Attaining Immortality

Edited by anamatva
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing, I've always found Michael Winn to be a very knowledgeable writer and very good teacher. Now to upload it to my kindle app.

Guest allan

Hi bums, I would like to share this file, which I happened across in my wanderings through soulseek users files. It is not copyrighted or a matter of protected rights in any way, and seems to be an essay written by Michael Winn about Daoist Internal Alchemy. I hope that you enjoy it and that it brings benefit to your practices!

The following is a quote from the beginning of the file.

This is a nicely written and researched article.

Ten, twenty years from now, those already practising the formulae may realize they can never make it, since they are only practising one half of the duality, if at all. Emptiness is part of the cultivation of Tao, also on the proviso that a neidan formula is indeed correct.

Not knowing the important signposts of Tao depicts the real levels neidan practitioners are at – still at the huge bottleneck level one (of three) – and not as exaggerated. That is why those who know Tao do not speak, partly for fear of leaking secrets where others can easily plagiarize or claimed to have reached.

• Like 1

This is a nicely written and researched article.

Ten, twenty years from now, those already practising the formulae may realize they can never make it, since they are only practising one half of the duality, if at all. Emptiness is part of the cultivation of Tao, also on the proviso that a neidan formula is indeed correct.

Not knowing the important signposts of Tao depicts the real levels neidan practitioners are at – still at the huge bottleneck level one (of three) – and not as exaggerated. That is why those who know Tao do not speak, partly for fear of leaking secrets where others can easily plagiarize or claimed to have reached.

Allan.. could you explain how emptiness is excluded from what you see written by M Winn?

Guest allan

Allan.. could you explain how emptiness is excluded from what you see written by M Winn?

I did not say he excluded emptiness. Emptiness is (only) part of the cultivation of Tao, I had said, since there are more – which I did not name. Even then there are different types and levels of emptiness – therefore it depends on the neidan formula.

But how would I know unless practitioners write about their type or level of emptiness in the forum or in their articles? Then perhaps I would comment, if any.

54 minutes ago, ALA said:

This link seems to be empty

Then it's the real deal! ;)

• Haha 3

On 7/12/2018 at 12:29 AM, ALA said:

Hi Mig,

I have found a new one here http://www.serenitystreetnews.com/HERSTORY CRAMNOTES/5dterra NOTES AUDIO VIDEO/ebooks/144000/Alchemy_Michael_Winn_Daoist_Internal_Alche.pdf 36 pages. I hope that it is the same one as in the link above.

Sorry about the long URL. I did not have the time to look it up how to shorten it but it works ! :)

Thank you and that works. BTW I read a few lines and this one struck me:

"My thesis is that a deep language ability is stored in the qi field, and that One Cloud's

nei dan formulas are a good example of how it is possible to train oneself to directly

perceive and communicate with Nature's intelligence in a mostly non-verbal and non-

ordinary language."

It sounds deep structure a la Chomsky and it sounds to me plain generalization on language or better language in general. I agree with some linguists that language is an accident and the way we verbalize it is because of the pressure of air in our environment. But I think this is another topic of discussion.

I used to be a fan of Winn. I liked how he described and structured things. 

Having met him, his longer term students and other Healing Dao teachers, I came to realise that unfortunately it’s an empty system and will not lead to any real gong.

Unfortunately it’s pretty much useless right from the beginning. The system relies heavily on imagination right from the start to the very highest levels. Authentic systems almost never use visualisation or imagination. It goes against the fundamental mechanisms of how these things work. So I’m sorry to say that practicing this system is a waste of time. And unlike even the basic yoga class you find in your local gym, it won’t even make you fit and flexible.

• Like 1