Thunder_Gooch

Just noticed we got an occult subforum, any chance we could get a neigong/qigong subforum?

Neigong / Qigong Subforum  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a subforum purely for discussion of neigong and qigong?

• Yes!
    • No!

I think it would be a nice place to sweep all the mo pai argument threads to.

Few of them talk about qigong or neigong, they just argue about rumour and second hand information

• Like 3

Wouldn't you rather arguments about a school of neigong be in a neigong subforum vs in the general or taoist discussion forums?

This way the majority of people who don't care about the practice don't have to be bothered by it.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

I'm not that bothered if I see such threads here I don't have to read them. I'd prefer qigong and neigong subforum to actually talk about real practice which people do though, I would have thought Mo Pai threads would be considered clutter in such a place as only 1% of it is genuine talk about pracice in the real world.

I don't know. It might be nice to have long term discussions based solely on a single schools. Ones that don't get washed down stream. On the other hand I don't like screen clutter and we're moving in that direction on the Bums, too many sub forums and saved topics on top. Its esthetics, but keeping a clean look where information is easy to find without having to search from forum to forum is important.

• Like 3

Well for me the only aspect I care about here is discussion of neigong/qigong and related arts.

Pretty much everything else is just philosophical discussion which isn't my thing so much.

It also seems like neigong discussion annoys the philosophers as well as it isn't their thing.

So usually it winds up creating friction between the groups.

• Like 2

I'm all for this, the general section gets too crapped up with inanity. I think for arguments or what not, that's what the basement & pit are for. I'd like to see a subforum that is exclusively regarding practice, technique, and no trolling, pissing contests, etc - which includes the mo pie threads where people clamor about level 30 vs 863 :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I apologize, I'm voting against it...I think Taoist and General discussion forums are adequate. You want qigong to be listed along with neigong? People will be talking 8 brocades alongside mo pai. Makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

This was discussed last year among the mod team and the general conclusion was that the Taoist forum WAS supposed to be the Neigong/Qigong forum therefore a separate forum was redundant and not necessary and would turn the Taoist forum into an almost silent wasteland.

There was also the worry expressed about too many subforums popping up doing the same to the General forum - ie. sucking the life out of any major activity there as well.

I don't know....

time changes all things so who knows what may happen next?

I can ask the other Mods to take a look and revisit the decision. And as always TTBs still have the freedom to make their case via PM directly to Sean himself. It's just that Sean is busy these days so the Mods never really can tell when he'll pop in or not (that's why I was surprised a Hermetic forum popped up so fast.).

Also...as always... please remember only Sean has the power to actually create such a subforum. No Mods have this level of access.

• Like 2

How about a Practice section vs the Discussion section? I don't mind the general discussion area but if I want practice (actual elements of how-to) I have to dig around too much. I would be into having a split like this within each 'school' (as in 'Taoist', 'Bhuddist', 'Hermetic' etc) Of course there will be crossovers and similarities in techniques :-)

• Like 1

I apologize, I'm voting against it...I think Taoist and General discussion forums are adequate. You want qigong to be listed along with neigong? People will be talking 8 brocades alongside mo pai. Makes no sense to me.

how many arguments debates have sprung up over the subtle differences in what some call chi kung or qigong or neigong?

the subforum expansion thing could be a good idea but do the majority of these subforums maintain momentum?

imo the personal practice logs are ideal for these sorta things.

you dont see me asking for a baguazhang subforum and please do not include it in one

i feel we're slicing this forum too thin already

next thing you know, we're gonna have exclusive subforums for

spring forest

mopai

sm

you name it

:D

Edited by 宁

How about a Practice section vs the Discussion section? I don't mind the general discussion area but if I want practice (actual elements of how-to) I have to dig around too much. I would be into having a split like this within each 'school' (as in 'Taoist', 'Bhuddist', 'Hermetic' etc) Of course there will be crossovers and similarities in techniques :-)

This. Simple, effective, straightforward, wont leave us with two main sections leaving half the users not sure which would be more appropriate for their new thread.
  • Like 1

General Discussion Section,

rename Taoist discussion to General Practice Section,

Personal Practice Section,

Contributed Articles,

Off Topic.

:)