illyria

Greetings from Pennsylvania

I'm not really sure how to introduce myself =) I've never been religious, but have always felt spiritual. Agnostic, I guess. In college I took a Tai Chi class and enjoyed it very much, though graduating and moving and life took over for a while. The Tao te Ching has been the only thing I've really felt like I resonated with. I have a beaten up pocket edition (Stephen Mitchell) that I've carried around with me in my bag for years.

I kinda fell out of things and got sucked into corporate america and have only recently been trying to deepen my spiritual path. I'm not sure what I am looking for. Healing. Truth.

A friend of mine who is into Tai Chi and has been praticing for years now has sort of helped wake up some of my deeper senses. My sense of smell is stronger, my skin is more sensitive. I have inner work on Letting Go. He actually introduced me to the Microcosmic Orbit and encouraged me to try it (I think I've seen you all mention it around here before..). He told me to basically sit and relax, touch my tongue to the roof of my mouth and tighten pelvic floor muscles (like kegels), and be open to energy circling up my back and down my front. It is... very strong and strange to me.

When I first tried it, it felt like someone had rubbed IcyHot all over my back. A huge wave of hot/cold went up my back, also upper arms, and circled around my sides meeting at the navel (like a belly hug from the back). It made me feel so hot and feverish, it kind of freaked me out. I even tried it in different spots in my room (thinking the air vent was on me) and in varying stages of undress (maybe I was just hot) and it still continued. Since then it's mostly the same, only not quite as overpowering, and more just Hot than IcyHot. But it doesn't orbit, it doesn't go down my front -- I just feel it go up my back and stop around my head. It's actually kind of uncomfortable for me (getting so warm, feeling a little lightheaded and buzzy) so I haven't been attempting it at all lately. But, I am still curious.

I've been doing some reading on the forums here the past couple of days and there's just so much.. it's a little overwhelming. I feel like I need to continue on this path but I have no idea what to do.

• Like 1

hello from Pittsburgh!

keep practicing what you know already, and look for opportunities to learn new things from qualified teachers! that is the path in a nutshell lol... best wishes to you and welcome to taobums