Protector

Christianity is not against Homosexuality or anything like that

The topic still wont die down and I didn't get my say in the thread that got closed

I can already see this thread going into the pit and so I open it here :rolleyes:

Let's start with the Lot story

Basically: Two evil cities on the verge of destruction. Lot is the only good person left in Sodom. Two angels come over to his house to see if things can still be changed. After angels met Lot, every man in the city(and in some versions say men from the other city, too) came over to have sex with the angels. Lot begged them not to and offered his daughters instead but they wanted the angels still.

The whole thing can be read here http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+19&version=CJB

The story became the prime example of... the thing

Another one is the quote from http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+18&version=CJB

It's also specific

Another chapter that says the same thing http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+20&version=CJB

It's a more detailed version of the previous one but it's what to tell to foreigners and such

NOW THEN let's get to business

In Jewish cannon the Torah is holly and is definitely considered the word of God

Torah is the first five books in the bible and I used only chapters from that

Everything else was definitely written by people as guide notes to help understand the Torah

Even though there's more stuff going on in the other books

Even though Torah is old, some part might have been changed to make it more understandable later on, but the language and the manner of speaking is still the same

Long ago they didn't have the same vocabulary as we have today and couldn't shorten things up. In Lev 18 there is a huge part about incest, but it would be easier to say incest but they still didn't, the word didn't exist.

And the word like homosexuality didn't exist either, what they used was: "You are not to go to bed with a man as with a woman"

It's probably a throwback to the story about Lot and Sodom in which every man wanted to have sex with the angels.

In that story there is one weird contradiction. It's not noticeable because it's an old story that sound myth-like and everything is possible in there.

But it's weird because there is a city and every man wanted to have sex with these angels. Even now homosexuals are a minority of sorts and there are no cities of only homosexuals, yet in that case everyone wanted to go after the angels. Were they looking that good? I don't know :lol:

Without the word existing for so long, they could have been talking about some other crime, which involves only men. Women were not mentioned in either story or the Lev talk.

I think during these times, people would hide their sexuality to seem normal to everyone else and so homosexuality as a thing wasn't a very known.

So, if they were not talking about homosexuality, then what is the crime?

In the story of Lot and Sodom, it has never been mentioned what the crime was, but I might have an idea.

I think is a weird effect that happens in many prisons. Sodom was a horrible place filled with crime and so it could compare to prison environment.

Warning strong language:

Sexual assaults like that happen even between straight males to show superiority.

I don't know the exact word but if you own a dog, you know why it would start humping you :rolleyes:

I think it's against any forms of gay sex between straight people. There are other forms of it that were even practiced in ancient Rome. It's kinda gross so I don't want to talk about it but you can find it easily.

Usually, everything is clearly explained why it's wrong, even in the bible. Some things are meant to be obvious and so things like trimming your beard are left without explanation. It was not permitted to trim your beard for various reasons at the time and so if you did, you would have a bad feeling inside from being the only one who is different.

Sort of guild from doing something you shouldn't, it would be harmful to your spiritual growth even with something that seems small now. But there is nothing like that from two people who love each other. Some old laws are followed so closely that it looked dumb even to Jesus.

You know about energy blockages and how they can cause sickness

So many blockages are made by people themselves, this guilt becomes worse and worse and sometimes it becomes a sin. It was a sabbath day then, the man could not carry the mat or do anything because of the law. What a relief it was when Jesus told him it was OK. After so many years he was tied down by laws and himself, Jesus healed him and let him go.

It would be a horrible sin to let homophobia spread and the lesson to be forgotten.

ROCK N ROLL

Real Christianity is certainly not about judging other people's lives (do not judge, lest you be judged), or punishing them in any way about it. "Mercy triumphs over judgment". To judge accuse punish deceive etc, is the opposite path, anti-Christianity. Actual Christianity urges you to put yourself in another's shoes...to stand up for the widow, and the child who need your help. To give to your enemy. It says "blessed are the meek". It urges you to keep your faith to yourself, rather than broadcast it and use it as a way of being supreme over "sinners". Jesus hung out with "sinners" rather than the pious ones. You reap what you sow, and you're supposed to "resist not evil", or in other words to do your own thing and not call everything around you evil and try to obstruct the will of others...you're supposed to consider and treat your neighbor to an equal level that you consider and treat yourself.

How many people are willing to give another person just as much if not more than they give themselves? When you donate to charity, sensible people are cautious to keep enough so they can get by and have things they want. Can the same be said about the people getting their charity, that they have more than enough and can have things they want? Probably not.

So...the path is pretty damn awesome if implemented.

edit: Oh yeah...

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

- 1 John 4:18

Edited by turtle shell
  • Like 4

I would guess that Jesus "hung out with sinners rather than the pious ones" .... because the pious are already pious.

the sinners are the ones in need of salvation

He would have been preaching to the choir as they say?

Blessed are the meek is a miss translation

Should be, apparently... Blessed are the Wise.

... resist not evil...give to your enemies... sounds all kinds of masochistic / sadistic

now consider that this book was written by your enemies? ^^ ahaha hmmmm

There is a difference between judgement and discernment too

such as the discernment that penis + waste = no

And there are a numerous medical reason as to why

Though I don't believe such thing are very necessary, common sense really?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Studying some of Neville Goddard works and reading The Power of your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy - is a good way to get a better read on what Jesus was really trying to say. "Christ" is your imagination.

Studying some of Neville Goddard works and reading The Power of your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy - is a good way to get a better read on what Jesus was really trying to say. "Christ" is your imagination.

hmmm true, interesting

The pious ones were falsely pious, and the sinners were at least honest. At least that's my take on it. But Jesus does say something similar to what you did, when asked for an explanation. I think it was just to get the pious people to STFU. :)

Isn't that what religion is?

3“Blessed are the poor in spirit,

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are those who mourn,

for they will be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek,

for they will inherit the earth.

6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,

for they will be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful,

for they will be shown mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart,

for they will see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers,

for they will be called sons of God.

10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,

The meaning is pretty obvious...the have nots are in a better position, because they will have. What goes up, must come down. What is down will be raised. So I think you're simply wrong in that meek was supposed to be translated as wise.

It doesn't mean be a doormat. It means that the spiritual path is about cultivating the right state of mind, as well as action. To fight against evil, tends to make people very negative.

DO NOT THINK ABOUT A PINK ELEPHANT.

Too late, right? You thought of it. So when trying to confront evil, you are feeding evil thoughts.

As Nietzsche said, "Don't do battle with monsters, or you will become a monster." Same idea. What are you cultivating? The only person you can truly change is yourself...and still, in fact, that is the hardest thing to do for many reasons. But one person changed (it must be you. And by you, I mean myself) is a world of difference.

The actions of others have no bearing on your spiritual character, only your own actions and thoughts determine who you are.

It's my view, that according to the Christian path, the only evil that concerns us is our own. But even in regard to our own, if we try to eliminate it, will we succeed? Or simply create a mess of emotions, and a rollercoaster ride of guilt when it doesn't work...feeding evil unintentionally? Maybe the concept "resist not evil" means to just focus on growing the good, primarily.

If it weakens you, then perhaps it was. Who are you, though, that spirituality is your enemy? Who is being weakened, when the spiritual path is applied?

Cop out. Where is this in the Bible?

For yourself, fine. But who are you to speak for God, and to make the lives of people that differ from you unbearable, when it states clearly in the Bible numerous times to be merciful and not to judge?

It may also say don't lie with a man as you do a woman...once. But that is personal instruction for you. It says no where to go around criticizing people who do it.

You may want to discontinue the anti-gay thing. I am reporting your post because you felt the need to continue this nonsense, when the old thread was locked and pitted for a very good reason. Making groups of people feel insulted at this forum is a no go...and as I have shown, if you consider yourself a Christian and you do it, you're not doing it right.

Sorry I guess I should make myself clear, I was Roman Catholic until I left school 6 years ago. Since then I have looked at many philosophies. I subscribe to no one thing.

I can't remember where the Blessed are the Wise thing came from... some study I was doing some time ago... perhaps it was a critic of the blessed are the meek.

Blessed are the Wise makes more sense to me rather that being

Blessed are the meek, poor in Spirit, mourning? is this the kingdom of hell?

I agree with 6 - 9 however

10... as a number of things doesn't work very well

Because most people see themselves as a victim... such as yourself

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,

I could say that I am being persecuted because of righteousness... maybe you could too?

To say all piety is false... really?

I think the distinction has been made... between pious and sinner. As you too alluded.

I find it funny that you preach tolerance / acceptance and then report me haha

and no less JUDGE me... lol

Strange... very strange

You seem to have missed Sins post regarding such practices as disgusting...

There are other forms of it that were even practiced in ancient Rome. It's kinda gross so I don't want to talk about it but you can find it easily. - - - sorry the term... kinda gross was used.

I agree. Waste is not to be fucked with / I really hate having to make the obvious even more obvious.

Extremely unhygienic + the cause of many infectious diseases... you know stuff like 50x greater rate of aids..etc

you really should get informed and look into the medical side of things. It is not just about "love"... I think it more lust than anything.

Many men throughout the ages have LOVED each other in the platonic brother, father, friend sense... men have died and sacrificed their own lives for the love of their brothers in all sense of the word (brotherhood)

Maybe I was born with this non acceptance of homosexuality as proper conduct, including the encouragement of such practices... why wont you accept me for who I am?

In the last thread it was mentioned that "homophobs" should be poisoned? or something... the double standards are very humorous.

Homophobic also being used as in insult. That word is being used out of context continually too... the nonsensical go to card to insult and silence people with differing opinions.

Check yourself.

I am not going to report you for insulting me because I am a adult.

PS: this thread is different... as you can see I have respected Lukes desires for his the penis is the something of the heart thread?

I did read through it - I let it be... I am allowing you see.

That is his space.

PPS

Let us not forget the sexuality is only one aspect of a person

Although some seem to want to completely define themselves by their sexuality

1 dimensional beings

There is much more to person than that... well some anyone

Some seem only to be driven by a constant need to self gratify

I find it funny that you preach tolerance / acceptance and then report me haha

and no less JUDGE me... lol

That's why I edited my post completely. I'm not perfect by far and am still learning how to implement the path. I came off as much too preachy for my own liking. But what I said regarding everything is very accurate...you'd do well to study the Bible a lot more, rather than thinking you already know it. You didn't know the "blessed are the meek" paragraph, even? That is Christianity 101.

Maybe you know I don't have a choice... I was born with this adverse reaction to such things including the encouragement of such practices... why wont you accept me for who I am?

Well, I do accept you...and I'm not just saying that.

At least personally, a Buddhist idea influenced me in regard to this. Always seek the better choice, not necessarily what's purely right or wrong. In my view, it's better to get rid of homophobia (which is a harmful condition of the mind) than it is to get rid of gay people (which are human beings).

I refuse to take the discussion with you further than this, and am reporting your most recent post as well, since it's once again against forum rules.

Some articles regarding environmental influences.

The effect of ionising radiation on testosterone binding globulin characteristics: correction of the protein' parameters by lipid polyene complexes of fungus Laetiporus sulfureus.

Popoff EH, Kapich AN.

Source

Institute of Radiobiology, Belarus National Academy of Sciences, Gomel, Belarus. [email protected]

Abstract

PURPOSE:

The aims of this work were: (i) To compare the effects of ionising radiation (IR) on testosterone binding globulin (TeBG) characteristics (serum concentration, cooperativity of androgen binding and affinity for hormone) in divergent mammalian species; (ii) to couple radiation effects with probable TeBG-parameter changes; and (iii) to investigate the prevention of these changes by fungal preparations (in particular - by lipid polyene complexes of Laetiporus sulphureus).

MATERIALS AND METHODS:

Characteristics of TeBG were investigated in microaliquots of rat and human serum samples using [(3)H]-5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone ([(3)H]-DHT) radioligand assays after in vivo exposures to IR (external gamma-sources, incorporation of (131)I-, (137)Cs-radionuclides) at experimental and post-Chernobyl radioecological conditions (doses 0.25-2.2 Gy).

RESULTS:

Species-specific changes of TeBG parameters were found depending on the type of IR, dose and time after irradiation. Specifically children living in radionuclide contaminated regions (near Chernobyl) were found to have a decrease of positive cooperativity for the TeBG-androgen binding, a drop of TeBG levels, and a decline in hormone affinity. Screening of natural substances (from phanerogams and fungi) detected that lipid polyene complexes of the basidiomycete L. sulphureus allowed recovery of the standard features of TeBG.

CONCLUSIONS:

IR induced a depletion of TeBG from blood simultaneously with species-specific changes of TeBG, which depend on the type of radiation, the dose of radiation (from 0.25 up to 2.2 Gy), and the time after radiation. The Hill coefficient of TeBG (indicating the degree of molecular cooperativity when hormone binding) appeared to be the most radiosensitive marker of the glycoprotein activity because of it is inversely to radiation dose. There are pharmacological possibilities to restore IR-induced "declines" of TeBG's affinity and cooperativity for androgen ligand binding.

PMID:

[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20201652

Can environmental or occupational hazards alter the sex ratio at birth? A systematic review

Metrecia L. Terrell1, Kathleen P. Hartnett1 and Michele Marcus1,2*

1Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA; 2Departments of Epidemiology and Environment Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA

Abstract

More than 100 studies have examined whether environmental or occupational exposures of parents affect the sex ratio of their offspring at birth. For this review, we searched Medline and Web of Science using the terms ‘sex ratio at birth’ and ‘sex ratio and exposure’ for all dates, and reviewed bibliographies of relevant studies to find additional articles. This review focuses on exposures that have been the subject of at least four studies including polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), dioxins, pesticides, lead and other metals, radiation, boron, and g-forces. For paternal exposures, only dioxins and PCBs were consistently associated with sex ratios higher or lower than the expected 1.06. Dioxins were associated with a decreased proportion of male births, whereas PCBs were associated with an increased proportion of male births. There was limited evidence for a decrease in the proportion of male births after paternal exposure to DBCP, lead, methylmercury, non-ionizing radiation, ionizing radiation treatment for childhood cancer, boron, or g-forces. Few studies have found higher or lower sex ratios associated with maternal exposures. Studies in humans and animals have found a reduction in the number of male births associated with lower male fertility, but the mechanism by which environmental hazards might change the sex ratio has not yet been established.

Keywords: sex ratio; environmental; occupational; PCBs; dioxins; metals; pesticides; radiation; boron; g-forces

http://www.eht-journal.net/index.php/eh ... /7109/8193

"Another common cause of intersex in girls is a hormonal imbalance, where a genetic defect causes the adrenal gland of the fetus to produce very high levels of testosterone and other male hormones. This is called congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH). Professor Melissa Hinesw2"

http://www.scienceinschool.org/2012/issue23/intersex

That's why I edited my post completely. I'm not perfect by far and am still learning how to implement the path. I came off as much too preachy for my own liking. But what I said regarding everything is very accurate...you'd do well to study the Bible a lot more, rather than thinking you already know it. You didn't know the "blessed are the meek" paragraph, even? That is Christianity 101.

Well, I do accept you...and I'm not just saying that.

At least personally, a Buddhist idea influenced me in regard to this. Always seek the better choice, not necessarily what's purely right or wrong. In my view, it's better to get rid of homophobia (which is a harmful condition of the mind) than it is to get rid of gay people (which are human beings).

I refuse to take the discussion with you further than this, and am reporting your most recent post as well, since it's once again against forum rules.

Do what you will :)

Ah... you misunderstand me... perhaps I need to be more clear?

Though one doesnt usually start a post like...

I do not want to "get rid of gay people"

That is funny

I have family members who are so inclined + have worked with gay people

I don't really refer to them as "gay people"

I do not define myself by my sexuality nor do I other people.

When conversation has some how got to that topic they know my views.

I accept them as people (absurd to have to even say such).... just this one behavior more so between men I do not agree with... I listed about 5+ websites in the last thread giving a number of reasons why.

Lesbians I have no issue with really.

I think the behavior between men is extremely poor hygiene.

I think we should better understand these desires and why they exist.

Knowing some, I also know of some medical history.

One is have trouble with a number of organs due to a chemical imbalance in the body.

Rather than dismiss their suffering and behavior which can become quite extreme... and say oh just accept just accept... without having any understanding of the further implications is dangerously ignorant

I suggest you open you eyes and really do some research into this topic if you wish to be such an avid supporter... maybe you are doing more harm than good.

I really didn't want to put much energy into this topic... generally because it is fruitless.

Maybe one person will see.

I think we are moving too fast and not considering things in a number of fields

saying yes to everything without any research or considering possible consequences

Actually, about the gross part, this is what I've been talking about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty_in_ancient_Greece

I think everyone can agree that this is pretty gross

So I've been thinking about Leviticus yesterday. God and Moses basically gave laws to the lawless world. The scenario was basically: "Hey, don't do this. Everyone is going to hate you for it but I'm on your side, remember Egypt?"

And that basically what happened, the more these laws are implemented the more hated Christians get. Why would God make the life harder like that? Then I remembered a story about God and the Devil.

There was a man who loved God, and the Devil said that that is only because God gave him all the nice stuff, and so God said that he will take that all away and he will still will love him. Remember that one?

So much harsh judgement, then I remembered that the judgement and non-judgement was one of the first thing that was taught in the bible. The fruit story with Adam and Eve, after that they knew duality and that is what hurting us. Everyone just assumed that God would take care of everyone but the laws, while still being the same, changed.

It's like a big elimination challenge, everyone who follows the dogma and can't think for themselves will be eliminated. I don't remember the exact quote, but in the new testament there is a quote that directly contradicts the "don't say lord's name in vain" rule. Basically it said, that only the spirit and the intention behind it count, so God doesn't care what you say, or more like, can hear only what you don't say.

Remember, Beware your thoughts, for they will become your words

Beware your words, for they will become your actions

Beware your actions, for they will become your habits

Beware your habits, for they will seal your fate

Had to use a Taoist saying at the end :D

• Like 1

Remember, Beware your thoughts, for they will become your words

Beware your words, for they will become your actions

Beware your actions, for they will become your habits

Beware your habits, for they will seal your fate

Had to use a Taoist saying at the end :D

And you done good.

• Like 1

WWROA you said "Homophobic also being used as in insult. That word is being used out of context continually too... the nonsensical go to card to insult and silence people with differing opinions", maybe I've been guilty of that and I apologize.

I simply think being gay means a man looks at another man, the way I look at woman, ie appreciatively and somewhat sexually. What it tells me about there moral character is nothing. Yet, they're vilified terribly in many societies (certainly ours) leading to heckling, hazing, defamation, even murder. In the face of such discrimination worries about hygiene ring hollow.

I think when it comes to it you're a very 'live and let live' kinda guy and it takes guts to go against the often very liberal grain of the bums, especially on such a charged subject.

Yours

M.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

The discussion of hygiene doesn't apply solely to men. What about anal sex with women, which is a very straight thing to do? Are men's butts more contaminated than women's? Haha...I'd probably say the opposite is true, from my experience. :blink:

What about vaginal infections and STDs from women (who tend to have more than men according to the CDC)? What about men who love each other, having other forms of sex such as oral, and never doing anal? That is just as hygienic as oral sex with women, right? So according to the hygiene angle, there would be NOTHING wrong with that.

Also, those two studies wolf posted, appeared to me to have nothing whatsoever to do with homosexuals and hygiene.

A discussion of sexual hygiene really doesn't belong in a topic about "Christianity is not against homosexuality"...

Edited by turtle shell

The discussion of hygiene doesn't apply solely to men. What about anal sex with women, which is a very straight thing to do? Are men's butts more contaminated than women's? Haha...I'd probably say the opposite is true, from my experience. :blink:

What about vaginal infections and STDs from women (who tend to have more than men according to the CDC)? What about men who love each other, having other forms of sex such as oral, and never doing anal? That is just as hygienic as oral sex with women, right? So according to the hygiene angle, there would be NOTHING wrong with that.

Also, those two studies wolf posted, appeared to me to have nothing whatsoever to do with homosexuals and hygiene.

A discussion of sexual hygiene really doesn't belong in a topic about "Christianity is not against homosexuality"...

Those articles I posted were regarding some medical problems caused by a chemical imbalance.

As I said I do know one person in particular who has tried a number of things to correct this as it is effecting a number of organs. They are now trying TCM

So all I am saying is perhaps we need a better understanding in some cases.

I also disagree with men having anal sex with women

It is kind of a reflection of a general poor mentality... that nothing is ever good enough, always wanting more - never being satisfied . Which is one aspect of the spiritual path, to over come these afflictions?

Again it seems very much about lust /// this word love is being thrown around too easily I think.

Sex should be an expression of love

I suppose the highest would be moving from physical union to spiritual union?

Instead of a Woman being treated as a Woman (Goddess) they are being treated as a sex toy

• Like 1

In terms of discrimination today? in western countries I don't believe this to be true.

They are extremely well represented in the media, perhaps even being over represented in some cases.

In Aus every year they have a massive parade which many go to celebrate.

In Aus some schools are now going to be teaching homosexuality as a lifestyle choice to young children during sexual education classes.

This too has been allowed to pass

Though I believe it should be the responsibility of the parents and not the government to educate children.

Some even saying that it may be advantageous to be gay in some instances.

As per the link Sin shared... this was true in the past too I guess... practiced mostly by the "elite"

the average working class / middle class would not have had the time I don't believe... working + raising families

nor the wealth to fund elaborately decorated pottery and other things

Eg Plato wrote about it... could not get much more elitist then he / and due to his influence / power etc his writings make it appear these things to have been common.

So if all the Greeks were gay and practiced pedophilia that means it is ok? was the thinking I have been presented with in the past.

Anyhow

Well, one thing for sure. If there were more gay people there wouldn't be such a population explosion going on right now.

Be gay!!! Make love but not babies!!!

• Like 2