Yeah...I think highly skilled people are often masters dispite their drug use, not because of it.

I still agree that certain substances can help put you in the "right" frame of mind, but in the end they're a crutch, or at best, simply one tool, though a tool with the possibilities of a lot of pitfalls.

Edited by i am
  • Like 1

Why do I need a rumor about a druggie "master" who might have "inner peace" to justify my own behavior?

Truth is self evident.

Why can't you be the master who occanssionally having fun with drugs?

You don't. I'm merely saying that there's some people here that think that "enlightenment" or self-mastery or whatever you want to call it cannot be reached if you take drugs.

And occasionally having fun with drugs? Again, I say where do we draw the line? What about addiction (as this rumour is what is in question) or even dependency? Can a man smoke 40 cigarettes or 5 joints a day and still obtain inner peace/enlightenment? Or even ibuprofens to kill a headache if he still needs to maintain a 50-60 hour a week job because he enjoys it despite the odd health issue it causes?

Edited by Rara

I'm merely saying that there's some people here that think that "enlightenment" or self-mastery or whatever you want to call it cannot be reached if you take drugs.

There are people here who think you can't get enlightened without a "lineage". There are people here who think you can't get enlightened with ejaculation. There are people here who think you can't get enlightened without meditation.

Everyone has some stupid pet peeves, me included. Don't pay attention to it. Or regard it as accentric instead of pig-headed.

And occasionally having fun with drugs? Again, I say where do we draw the line? What about addiction (as this rumour is what is in question) or even dependency

Again, truth is self evident.

If you're true to yourself, you'll figure it out.

Edited by hydrogen
  • Like 1

uhh, you said "why do I need a rumor to justify my own behavior"

and they said "you don't"

i think if you read their post a little more carefully you would realize that you two are agreeing....

Thanks. lolo.

I'm so proud of my reading skills now. NOT. :(

• Like 2

I should add to what I said before, that there are some higher level chi gongs and things like that which I think it likely rather unwise to attempt while under the influence of marijuana or entheogens if you don't want to a.) go crazy, or b.) have chi equivalents of "brain freeze" (what you get from eating ice cream too fast) and potential downsides to that

edit for b parenthesis = B)

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Interesting read. I'm most definitely on the Medicine Path.

Mama Aya being my biggest ally. I have been able to purge a lot of unnecessary gunk thanks to her help.

Marijuana is also very insightful, and in fact my very first ally. I think a common effect many people have is of increased creativity and it is the same for me. My experiences have also included some revealing glimpses into my own unconscious behavior.

I love plant medicine. I am deeply grateful that I have them as my allies.

It is interesting to hear other people's opinions on these things. My ex was apprehensive about my dedication to my medicine path.

So, we did it together. I talked to her about set and setting. We had a fabulous, enriching experience. A fairy tale - truth is lovelier than fiction!

Bars and nightclubs would be the worst places to do mushrooms. You'll just feel all that icky energy without inhibition. Ouch! :(

I'm almost always by myself, listening to music.

I think most people do use these things to escape. And, this is not a judgment I make. I say this because people have actually asked me if I use them as an escape route. First of all, I don't even know if that is possible (my feelings and senses are always amplified). Secondly, it'd be such a waste of good medicine.

I toke up or take some mushrooms or any medicine to delve deeper! I run the other way. I mean, I have an opportunity to know more of myself through whatever that is bothering me or troubling me. This is a part of me that wants to speak to me. It wouldn't make sense to me personally to escape/ignore/numb it down. Which is why I don't drink alcohol.

Funny, how 'i am' was mentioning his friend circle and how he is compelled to drink some when hanging out. It reminded me of my experience last week, I was with some friends and they were drinking, toking up and some were ready to take some mushrooms also before going to a Burning Man dance party. I was happy to eat avocado and blueberries. When they asked me, I simply said I'm on my dieta for my upcoming ceremony :)

Someone else asked if we are aware during the journey. My experience is that I most certainly am. I can switch it on and off and I thought everybody could (and they can, of course), but apparently it is not so common. For example, I navigate on public transport while on mushrooms and then reach my destination and surrender deeper into the experience. I also take notes and file them away for later reflection because there is so much good stuff happening :D

At the end really, it is all about deepening my relationship with myself and thus with everyone and everything else. I recently recognized that toking up daily was actually getting in the way of me being deeply in touch with myself and the present moment. So, I have shelved Mary for a while. I also realize that I have been disrespecting her, so now I just hold her in my hands and renew our relationship day by day.

It is a special relationship one cultivates with plant medicine. Respect is certainly a cornerstone in this.

I have been truly blessed with medicine and am immensely thankful for this.

I used to be far more zealous in my advocacy of medicine for the people :P

I have since realized that this is not for everyone, just like celibacy is not for everyone or Tantric Maithuna is not for everyone.

Trust your own heart, you know best what is for you.

My medicine is truly wonderful for me.

Sri

p.s. I reached a similar numinous space as I do with my medicine while shaking. So, I'm very excited with this new shaking medicine I have found! :wub:

• Like 3

I had shoulder blades frozen on my shoulder. It was a big solid mass (mess). The bone, tendon and muscle were bundled together. One can hit my shoulder with a hammer in certain spot, I wouldn't suffer damage or felt the pain.

For about half year, I dedicated most my energy into fixing my shoulders. It was extremely painful. Sometimes, I just wanted to cut my shoulder off.

The weed was the only thing to release the pain.

Disclaimer: I enjoy weed for recreational purpose as well sometimes.

Mary is great. I got to a point where I was overdoing it. She asked me to back off. I did. I'll get back when she calls me back. It's a courtship *sigh*

I look at the landscape of art and I'm reminded of the value of chemically or herbally altered perception.

Seems apparent that the use of perception altering substances/practices has made a massive positive and negative impact on human culture. Just about like every other tool that exists.

How much incredible (and lousy) music, theater, paintings, poetry, dance, film, photography have come into existence due to chemical/herbal altering of perception?

Edited by silent thunder

I believe talented artists will make great art under altered perception. It is because these medicines put you in that creative space.

My dance and my poetry flow more freely when I'm altered than some of my sober (?) times.

Actually, thinking about this now, I consider the creative state itself to be an altered state. So actually, I'm never sober when creative and I believe most artists might agree with me :D

Edited by SriChi
  • Like 1

I did it once.... yeaaars ago ... But it was a pretty 'hard core' practice of martial arts (which I don't want to name here).

Turned up to training and went at it like an enraged dervish, at the end; free sparring. My turn, cleaned up the first one so teacher puts up another opponent, same result, another ... and another ... everyone ... then his deadly little brother (who continually got everyone with his 'invisible - devastating' side-kick) .. saw the kick coming (for once) stepped back far enough and came down with a double back fist on his ankle bone - that finished him.

Teacher goes f. this and steps in ... cleaned him up ... ... he goes f. this again and grabs the nunchuks :D , which are fortunately plastic ... goes to clout me on the crown chakra ... I step back and make a wild defensive move with my hand and just happen to hit the end of the stick he is holding as it comes down, which decreases the other stick's arc/swing and it comes around and hits him under the jaw. :)

After training teacher and the bro come up to me ".. amazing .. wtf ... etc ... there is a tournament next week, you are going to represent our style ..."

Me; " Errrmmm ... there is something I had better tell you ... I took a pure Swiss LSD black dot before training."

Teacher (aghast) "OH! ... well ... um .... look, you better not do that again okay."

[ I am not advocating drug use and training though as there are a whole range of things against it ... I suppose at any moment (even in the tournament) my sparing partner could have turned into a Shoggoth :D ... and that might NOT have gone down well 'for the style' .

Next week at training, at the end, free sparing, I stepped up to the line and got creamed ... then they all wanted a chance to get even :blink: .

Edited by Nungali

Had a very similar experience many years ago during a college fencing class, Nungali. ;)

Had a very similar experience many years ago during a college fencing class, Nungali. ;)

But where you SURE you were actually in a fencing class? :D

A friend of mine had a Datura with his GF back then . In the morning , in the middle of his shower she slipped in with him and , according to him, they had the BEST SEX EVER! He rang her at work later and she said "What on earth are you talking about, I went home last night."

And then there are those forms in which drugs are the practice.... Drunken Master is not just a movie...

Worked with a guy that was bareknuckle boxing champ of an outback town, (used to fight in the cattle yards with the punters sitting on auction seats) ... he was a master of drunken boxing ... (the double secret ... its not that he is pretending to be drunker than he is that's the trick, the trick is , he IS that drunk and can still do it! )

• Like 1

If you wish to see Chi and connect to it, drink a dollop of ayahuasca until your vision is swathed with tracers.

Now do your Chi Gong form and focus carefully on the air/space between your hands. It will start transmitting across the gap and from here onwards you will be able to feel it when sober, and if you get deep enough into practice it will be completely unlocked.

Best way is to do windshield wipers, swinging arms. Essentially do your standard practice and be totally stable on your feet. Now do swinging arms and let your hands follow each other to hold the ball between them. Or feel the air bubble between your hands as if grasping the ball. The ball is completely real and you are to see its presence visually: it is already here.

Another way is to have your hands level with the shoulders, make a T shape. Now swing left and right while standing in the same spot. Swing to the left, touch left shoulder with right hand, swing to the right, right hand to left shoulder. Keep the T shape, your arms are windshield wipers. You will feel the movement when you do it, it is completely intuitive. You will feel the momentum of each hand touching each shoulder being connected by a string to the free hand. This is Qi in motion, it is thought-energy-momentum.

It is crucial that you drink enough to see the tracers totally enveloping you. You can try for less but it is easy to get distracted on less, perhaps. Instead drink until you feel completely overwhelmed and power through that by gentleness.

You will probably be shaking heavily. This is good. The shaking is stagnant chi that has been released and now you have tremors. Move around and collect that shaky vibration into a stillness resonance. Then you will be able to harness the qi.

It is a good idea perhaps to have a high level of Jing before you start this. When I did it I was into a few weeks of Brahmacharya, this was crucial. Otherwise you will not get the focus you need to really delve into the realm.

Relax into relaxation, this is the key. Relax again into relaxation from your relaxation. Again and again, deeper the silence. Going deeper, you enter Samadhi. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy, ayahuasca brewy

Congratulations friends, now you have this knowledge you can stop trying to look up Mo Pai and invent your own Nei Kung.

Edited by fluidity