chenplayer

Mo Pai obsession?

Creation's post was a good one, there are a few more stories out there. Somewhere is my favorite about what happened when several of his students tried to lift him up when he told them he was unable to get out of bed - hilarious. I don't have a link to it. Been a long time since I heard it; I could possibly paraphrase it if you can't find it.

That one was in the interview chenplayer linked to in post 6.

This rounds out all the sources of stories of Master Hu I can recall seeing:

http://hunyuaninstit...uandhunyuan.pdf

I was surprised that the book "Qigong Fever" did not mention Master Hu, given his reputation as the Father of Modern Qigong. It did mention Master Wang and his four other teachers though.

Edited by Creation

Don't know if this is a good place to post this but since I have you all here..lol. I just started doing standing meditation and literally in like the first few moments I have this uncontrollable shaking in both my legs. My right and left leg alternate as if it was running in place but not really, left, right,left, right in a very fast pace. It started to get a little intense at some points. Is this a good thing? Is my Stance off? Any info would be appreciated. Sorry if I should have started a new topic but i did not want to clutter the general discussion page. Thank you for your time and input, all is appreciated.

It will happen at first while you're getting started, it will come back when you try to add a lot of time later on

Go lower

This rounds out all the sources of stories of Master Hu I can recall seeing:

http://hunyuaninstit...uandhunyuan.pdf

Let's see, found another one:

http://aymta.org/hom...nal/zqlpt3.html

Also, apparently Master Hu's daughters, Hu Yuexian and Hu Lijuan, are teaching around the world, utilizing the jingdonggong system.

Centro studi per la salute Hu Yao Zhen,

Translation of an Interview

The Qi boosts body movements as the wind moves the leaves of the trees. So when practicing, you just have to relax and follow that inner drive.
Edited by Creation

Let's see, found another one:

http://aymta.org/hom...nal/zqlpt3.html

Also, apparently Master Hu's daughters, Hu Yuexian and Hu Lijuan, are teaching around the world, utilizing the jingdonggong system.

Centro studi per la salute Hu Yao Zhen,

Translation of an Interview

"At that time the false accusations were the order of the day, and if you did something that was good, was distorted until it looked bad." Seems like not much has changed.

He doesn't post here much anymore but mjjbecker probably knows a bit about Hu's daughters. I think one of them and Master Wang published a small book together.

• Like 1

Are the people who train for super powers really doing anything different than somebody who goes to the gym and tries to build himself up? Or the guy who is feeling down - and decides to take martial arts? It seems to me - these are all good things that gives people confidence, discipline, and structure.

• Like 1

Are the people who train for super powers really doing anything different than somebody who goes to the gym and tries to build himself up? Or the guy who is feeling down - and decides to take martial arts? It seems to me - these are all good things that gives people confidence, discipline, and structure.

Well said! :D

Another perspective here for a change for us obsessed ones:

Conversation with Annamalai Swami

Q.: What is the easiest way to be free of the 'little self'?

Annamalai Swami: Stop identifying with it. If you can convince yourself, 'This little self is not really me,' it will disappear.

Q.: But how to do that?

AS.: The little self is something that only appears to be real. If you understand that it has no real existence it will disappear, leaving behind it the experience of the real and only Self. Understand that it has no real existence and it will stop troubling you.

Consciousness is universal. There is no limitation or 'little self' in it. It is only when we identify with and limit ourselves to the body and the mind that this false sense of self is born. If, through enquiry, you go to the source of the 'little self', you find that it dissolves into nothingness.

Q.: But I am very accustomed to feel 'I am this 'little self' '. I cannot break this habit merely by thinking 'I am not this 'little self''.

AS.: This 'little self' will only give way to the real Self if you meditate constantly. You cannot wish it away with a few stray thoughts. Try to remember the analogy of the rope which looks like a snake in twilight. If you see the rope as snake the real nature of the rope is hidden from you. If you only see the rope the snake is not there. Not only that - you know that there never was a snake there. (Then) the question of how to kill the snake disappears... If you can understand that this 'little self' never at any time had any existence outside your imagination, you will not be concerned about ways and means of getting rid of it.

Q.: It is all very clear but I feel I need some help. I am not sure that i can generate this conviction by myself.

AS.: The desire for assistance is part of your problem. Don't make the mistake of imagining that there is a goal to be reached or attained. If you think like this you will start looking for methods to practice and people to help you. This just perpetuates the problem you are trying to end. Instead, cultivate the strong awareness, 'I am the Self. I am That. I am Brahman. I am everything.'.. The best way to (stop believing the wrong ideas about yourself) is to replace them with ideas which more accurately reflect the real state of affairs. ...

The Self is always attained, it is always realized; it is not something that you have to seek, reach or discover. Your vasanas and all the wrong ideas you have about yourself are blocking and hiding the experience of the real Self. If you don't identify with these wrong ideas, your Self-nature will not be hidden from you.

• Like 1

The best appeal that the Mo Pai has is that the spiritual world is real, and attainable through a systematic practice; that we all have the potential for amazing things inside of us that we are simply ignorant and unaware of; that we can become something a bit more than just human if we devote ourselves to it.

The negative side is that if you are not Chinese, you are screwed because only Chinese people deserve this, because somehow metaphysical potential and "worth" is also based on racial purity.

Edited by Practitioner
  • Like 1

The best appeal that the Mo Pai has is that the spiritual world is real, and attainable through a systematic practice; that we all have the potential for amazing things inside of us that we are simply ignorant and unaware of; that we can become something a bit more than just human if we devote ourselves to it.

The negative side is that if you are not Chinese, you are screwed because only Chinese people deserve this, because somehow metaphysical potential and "worth" is also based on racial purity.

Yeah I agree, that's the best we can get from Mo Pai at this stage, unfortunately. But it's still worth something.

People love things that are secret and hidden, deep down the vast majority of us want to be special, nothing to sneer at really.

But Mo Pai isn't the path to get there, for us Westerners at least.

It's definitely a waste to be obsessed with it, but if there's a Mo Pai thread I might just click on it...

curious. what is this something?

Basically what Practitioner said, inspire people to put in that extra effort and find the real deal.

The video of John Chang can certainly pique someones interest and open the whole world of cultivation - that's worth a lot in my opinion.

When I hear/read people limiting meditation to de-stressing at best and deluding yourself in fairy land at worst it's quite sad, can cause the uninformed person to dismiss it all when they haven't even dived in themselves.

From what I understand Hunyuan requires you to develop your dantien first? I imagine so since it came from Hu Yao Zhen, and his crowning practice is stillness movement nei gong, which busts ass at developing the lower dantien.

One of the pieces I took back from the last seminar with lomax is that with a developed dantien, you can create your own qigong spontaneously, drawing in yin and yang qi. For me it occurs to me to do movements, so I do, and the energy gets thick.

Ironically yin qi being hot, and yang qi being cold.

All that said though, Flying phoenix qigong is an amazing system that develops and heals in a way I've never seen in anything else. I practiced it for about a year, and had amazing experiences.

Gave it up for stillness movement though.

John

• Like 3

Hey Chenplayer, dont mind all the mumbo jumbo around mo-pai or neikung. Keep practising your Chen every day. Everything is there. Everything. The combat, the healing, the spiritual: the applications becomming 1 principle, the subtle internal works and alchemy, the meditation and the neikung (check Chen Xin's manual of chentaiji). The further you go the more you notice you allready have it within you because of Chenjiagou taiji. Chen is the root of tai-chi. Yust practice every single day .. or more.

• Like 1

Thank you so much minkus! I will make sure to keep up with my practice!!!!!!!!!I will also check out Chen Xin's manual, is it on amazon? Again thank you for everything!

Just on a curious side note and hopefully not de-railing this topic, I was wondering if Ya Mu has any stories concerning Hu Yaozhen, since that was his masters, master. I am very interested in Hu Yaozhen's life but there is very little info about him on the web. Also since I have been practicing GOT I i would like to know more about the lineage of what I am practicing. Thank You for all your time.

Best wishes to all

http://thetaobums.com/topic/19484-some-info-on-hu-yaozhen/page__hl__zhen

Thank you so much minkus! I will make sure to keep up with my practice!!!!!!!!!I will also check out Chen Xin's manual, is it on amazon? Again thank you for everything!

You can read it here online, i bought mine at INBI world: http://www.scribd.com/doc/22501334/Illustrated-Canon-of-Chen-Family-Taijiquan-by-CHEN-XIN

If you yust begin training it's not that useful, its more about the smallframe version while most people learn the large frame. Still alot of the neikung and essence of Chen is explained !

If you yust started out this is a great book: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1113810

And also check the blog http://chentaijiquanworld.blogspot.be