Yoda

Michael Winn on sungazing.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:08 PM, Nungali said:

Well, you are not me  ....   Mr  Immortal .  

All I  can assume  then is that  no one   here     has done any solar meditations  ... its all   just talk and 'opinion' .

You were asking if someone had experience with solar meditation, what's the point of asking this question when you don't actually want to speak with someone who has experience?  Why limit your knowledge base to only this forum.  

Edited by Immortal

Ohhhh ... come on now !

Because, if you actually read what I wrote, I want to SPEAK TO  people about their actual experience, not be referenced to somewhere where I can READ ABOUT  it .

As if I   " limit my knowledge base to only this forum. "   :rolleyes:

How do you think I learnt and did the Solar meditations I spoke of previously ?

Dude? The reason I want to talk to people here about this, is because when I am on here talking to people, I am on here talking to people and not somewhere else .

Also I asked to talk  ( that is here, on this forum) with anyone that had personal experience .

I see that some posted about their personal working  experience ...  others seem to want to talk about 'stories they heard', or  'send people to'  others.  Whatever, have fun with that approach amongst yourselves .     I was asking about direct working actual experience.

That is the point . 

On 10/1/2018 at 5:24 PM, Nungali said:

Ohhhh ... come on now !

Because, if you actually read what I wrote, I want to SPEAK TO  people about their actual experience, not be referenced to somewhere where I can READ ABOUT  it .

As if I   " limit my knowledge base to only this forum. "   :rolleyes:

How do you think I learnt and did the Solar meditations I spoke of previously ?

Dude? The reason I want to talk to people here about this, is because when I am on here talking to people, I am on here talking to people and not somewhere else .

Also I asked to talk  ( that is here, on this forum) with anyone that had personal experience .

I see that some posted about their personal working  experience ...  others seem to want to talk about 'stories they heard', or  'send people to'  others.  Whatever, have fun with that approach amongst yourselves .     I was asking about direct working actual experience.

That is the point . 

I never pointed you in the direction towards any reading material on solar meditation.  What I recommended is you CONTACT michael winn, and ask him about his experiences.  I'm sure he'll be more than willing to talk with you about it.

And I said no thanks . Jeeze !   Was my last post that hard to understand ?  ;

" Also I asked to talk  ( that is here, on this forum) with anyone that had personal experience . "

On 10/5/2018 at 4:53 PM, Nungali said:

And I said no thanks . Jeeze !   Was my last post that hard to understand ?  ;

" Also I asked to talk  ( that is here, on this forum) with anyone that had personal experience . "

That's more than fine.  But to be clear, I never offered any reading materials at all.  What I recommended is that you talk with someone highly trained in this art, rather than asking people on this forum who obviously don't have any experience with this.  I didn't understand why you would want to limit where you get information from, but then I realized you're kinda new here.

Best wishes to you and your loves ones.

5 hours ago, Immortal said:

That's more than fine.  But to be clear, I never offered any reading materials at all.  What I recommended is that you talk with someone highly trained in this art, rather than asking people on this forum who obviously don't have any experience with this.  I didn't understand why you would want to limit where you get information from, but then I realized you're kinda new here.

:D   

Okay then  .... Mr    127 posts   .

I get the feeling, like drugs, its the kind of thing people experiment with but then move on from.  I.e you get energy but like (hard) drugs the high chance of burn out or over dose makes long term use questionable. 

The original Kung Fu series with David Carradine had an early episode that copied Bruce Lee's movie where he faced different masters as he climbed a tower.  Caine similarly faced masters and the last one was seated on the beach eyes open, staring at the sun.. a mystic master, the toughest that Caine would have to face.  The series mythologized a bit but also had solid researchers behind it.  Wish I could find the youtube for it.

Again, I'm not encouraging the practice, as I say its on the dangerous side.  Eye sight is too valuable to play around with and I've heard about beginners and advanced people getting hurt. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Or those with experience just aren't interested in talking...

.. and  those without it are    ;) 

42 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I get the feeling, like drugs, its the kind of thing people experiment with but then move on from. 

yes, I did it as a kid .

42 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I.e you get energy but like (hard) drugs the high chance of burn out or over dose makes long term use questionable. 

The original Kung Fu series with David Carradine had an early episode that copied Bruce Lee's movie where he faced different masters as he climbed a tower.  Caine similarly faced masters and the last one was seated on the beach eyes open, staring at the sun.. a mystic master, the toughest that Caine would have to face.  The series mythologized a bit but also had solid researchers behind it.  Wish I could find the youtube for it.

Again, I'm not encouraging the practice, as I say its on the dangerous side.  Eye sight is too valuable to play around with and I've heard about beginners and advanced people getting hurt. 

Indeed !  My first point. 

There is an advert on tv here at the moment .. asking people how much money they would exchange their eyes for ..... think about it peeps

What would you do with millions of dollars and no sight ?  

Funny thing about sun gazing. It is a normal experience. The not so funny part is when someone forces the thought that it is the end all technique of profound mystery because that is terribly wrong and harmful to others.

If someone is an idiot and stares at the full sun they will go blind if not for moment than forever damaging their eyesight.

How do we steal from nature vs how does nature steal from us. Best to be the robber in this scenario.

sun-gazing.jpg

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Nungali said:

What would you do with millions of dollars and no sight ?  

If my family needed money enough, if it was a life or death situation. 

I'd lose the sight and use the money to save my family. 

I enjoy seeing but I got other senses and they only have one life. 

Sadly its a kind of calculus much of humanity makes.  Millions (Billions?) are in boring dead end jobs to provide for there family.  And sadly millions are in jobs that slowly kill them to provide better lives for there children.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, silent thunder said:

When i was blind... all of my girlfriends were 10's.

One of my best friends says he`s so undesirable that even "an escapee from the Braille Institute" wouldn`t want him.  

I don`t have much experience with actual sungazing, but the closed eye practice from Chi Nei Tsang is great.  Very mellowing.

https://www.chineitsangnow.com/sunning.html

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last year I bought the uber dark glasses and drove 345 miles South to view a total eclipse.  I'd never seen one.  Huge traffic, people were driving like nuts to reach a stretch of ground zero.  As I drove the GPS kept adding time to the ETA.  It'll take 5 1/2 hours, then 6, then 7.. until I was only going 15 miles an hour and decided to take side roads and cornfields.

But I made it.  Was it worth the drive?  Sure, the total eclipse of the sun, that's where the fun is. 

• Like 2

On 10/7/2018 at 4:47 PM, Nungali said:

:D   

Okay then  .... Mr    127 posts   .

I been a member of this forum since 2005.  As they say in this tradition we call Taoism, he who knows does not speak, he who speaks does not know, so forgive me for not speaking Mr.10,000 posts.

Edited by Immortal