Yoda

Michael Winn on sungazing.

I emailed Michael to get his response to the solarhealing.com practice. His response is in two emails:

>

> I teach sun gazing practices, but usually wait until people have developed

> more grounding pathways in their body. Then it becomes much safer and

> productive. Solar chi is very raw, hard to digest. His method is very

> external, standing on bare ground to ground. But it can work.

>

> His knowledge of what the sun is spiritually is virtually non existant. So

> you get into an altered state, but don't have much ability to relate that to

> other states. Again, there are many paths, and this can work for some.

>

> I am skeptical of nine months being the end of the practice. More likely it

> is just the beginning, but is there somewhere to go?

>

> This is not to discourage you from sun gazing. It is a wonderful practice.

> It can be even more wonderful and useful if properly digested, and this

> involves exchanging solar essence with earth essence. If your body shifts

> vibration and has no resistance, the eyes can handle the longer periods

> safely. Adding primordial [chikung] is certainly a big help in digesting the

> experience.

>

> Let me know what happens after nine months....

>

> May the Five Inner Tones of the Dao Sing in our Heart,

>

> Michael Winn

[second email:]

Ok to post.

You might also consider the three "body-mandala" movements of Deep Healing

Chi Kung, the sister form to Primordial. They are designed for sun-earth

exchange, and can be done with sun-gazing in the upper position and center

of earth gazing in the lower position. This instruction is not on the video,

but is one of the practices in greater and greatest kan & li.

michael

[end of second email]

Very cool advice and feedback. I'll need to check out Deep Healing Chikung. I agree that 9 months does seem like a short timetable.

-Yoda

• Like 1

"You need to also get INSIDE the sun to be able to digest it.
external gazing only has limited physical benefits." - Michael Winn

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

That quote hurts my eyes... just like sungazing...

My quotes have the same problem as the sun, they contain too much chi for you, sorry bout that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kar3n said:

Please stop posting like that. You can edit the text formt so it is easier to read.

I haven't used this new format before, I wasn't aware of that, I rarely post.

• Thanks 1

hang on .... people are now advocating staring into the sun as a 'spiritual practice'   ?   :huh:

and  " If your body shifts  vibration and has no resistance, the eyes can handle the longer periods  safely. " 

WTF ?     ... and if you try it and the body does not  " shift its vibration "  or  has  some 'resistance'   ?  

tenor.gif?itemid=9943075

Well , this is just what we need !  We have people popping in asking for help about the effects of this or that practice,  having 'spinal fusion through ' chi electrocution' suffering depression or feeling useless and purposeless, etc etc  and we call that 'spiritual  '  and maybe 'being in the moment ' will help them ?

Maybe its just me, or the weather today , but all of a sudden (and more and more lately)  I am feeling  .....  what the fuck !  I am outa here !

I'm gonna go and live in a hollow tree  ... bye bye

HermitArt.jpg

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Nungali said:

hang on .... people are now advocating staring into the sun as a 'spiritual practice'   ?   :huh:

and  " If your body shifts  vibration and has no resistance, the eyes can handle the longer periods  safely. " 

WTF ?     ... and if you try it and the body does not  " shift its vibration "  or  has  some 'resistance'   ?  

tenor.gif?itemid=9943075

Well , this is just what we need !  We have people popping in asking for help about the effects of this or that practice,  having 'spinal fusion through ' chi electrocution' suffering depression or feeling useless and purposeless, etc etc  and we call that 'spiritual  '  and maybe 'being in the moment ' will help them ?

Maybe its just me, or the weather today , but all of a sudden (and more and more lately)  I am feeling  .....  what the fuck !  I am outa here !

HermitArt.jpg

I feel like that is an actual artists rendering of you... tell me I’m wrong 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Right? We may be seeing at least part of why TDB broke away from Winn and HT back then to begin with.  Also not surprised solarhealing.com is not operating anymore. I'm not knocking it though, but this is a prime example for reasoning that idea of why is the "really advanced stuff" traditionally kept so under wraps. It doesn't need to be resented as secrecy for secrets' sake; it's a safety concern! 

14 hours ago, Immortal said:

You need to also get INSIDE the sun to be able to digest it.

All rationality aside, this is epic. I had heard long ago about adepts that would astral travel to the sun's core to meditate. Getting inside a hollow tree instead sounds a lot more accessible for the time being.

53 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

I feel like that is an actual artists rendering of you... 

At first I thought you were talking about the animated one! ;-D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

I feel like that is an actual artists rendering of you... tell me I’m wrong 

Yes it is , and the artist included himself in the picture, he is the one with   the staff and a  robe on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nintendao said:

Right? We may be seeing at least part of why TDB broke away from Winn and HT back then to begin with.  Also not surprised solarhealing.com is not operating anymore. I'm not knocking it though, but this is a prime example for reasoning that idea of why is the "really advanced stuff" traditionally kept so under wraps. It doesn't need to be resented as secrecy for secrets' sake; it's a safety concern! 

All rationality aside, this is epic. I had heard long ago about adepts that would astral travel to the sun's core to meditate. Getting inside a hollow tree instead sounds a lot more accessible for the time being.

At first I thought you were talking about the animated one! ;-D

Mhe, I am sus on em anyway  .       'Sides , I  too am 'an adept '       ..... :)    

I loved this, thanks :   I had heard long ago about adepts that would astral travel to the sun's core to meditate.

I'm gonna get that one  on  a t shirt !        :)  

Lets forget sun gazing  and stories that we heard   ' long   ago '    <snicker>   and get into some REAL solar meditations. Hmmmm ?

Anyone up for THAT ? Anyone actually done any ?

I'll start

I used to do  EVERY DAY  solar adorations / meditations/ ritual  at the 4 stations of the Sun (dawn, noon, sunset, midnight  )  for 9 months  !   ( I did the practice fior years and years , just under 9months was the longest I went without missing a day . )

Its a multipart ritual using visualization  'assumption of God Forms ( 'body mudra' ) - in this case the 'Gods' of those sun positions - , mantra/chanting  in English and 'ancient'  Egyptian, 'energy work' ,  and silent meditation and contemplation .  ... four times a day .... every day ! 

That'll get yer solar  up  !  

Aside ; L. Ron Hubbard stole our solar ritual (and others)  and stuck it into Scientology, at the top end , and charged huge amounts of $$$$$ for it after changing it into his warped and deranged  'Sunshine programme' 

see below :

Spoiler

first ... got  3 grand ? 

Spoiler

actually :

...  oh crap, I was going to put a web address here to the programme as some people had posted it online as an expose of Scientology , but now, cant find it on the net , they must have removed it .

Time to post it up again !   < scurries off >

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So Michael80 , I guess this means you have   NO experience in solar meditations / yoga   ?

Was that  ^    just an advert ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nungali said:

So Michael80 , I guess this means you have   NO experience in solar meditations / yoga   ?

Was that  ^    just an advert ?

?????

just want to post a source that there are lineages doing that outside of daoism. A friend of mine is doing it and he can do in the midday sun and his eyes are perfect (there is a technique to do it right or the eyes will get burned).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A friend of your ...  okay

BUT  ... again , as I asked earlier

" Lets forget sun gazing  and stories that we heard   ' long   ago '     and get into some REAL solar meditations. Hmmmm ?

Anyone up for THAT ? Anyone actually done any ?  " 

On 22/09/2018 at 6:56 AM, Nintendao said:

Unfortunately i'm more of a Lunatic

Yes !   Thats what 'happened' to me ;  very Lunar     Sun 0 deg. Cancer , natally tropical, or sidereally a  1 degree Moon in Cancer.

I was going very good with that, all by myself. Then I took on some 'objective instruction' ; I was given the above solar meditations to work on as I was considered 'out of balance' ... I was  ' Me ? !  Out of balance ? ' , but I started them anyway .

Wow !   What a difference  THAT made !     ( and  it became apparent, I was out of balance ' ) 

Edited by Nungali

12 hours ago, MIchael80 said:

you could contact him.....he speaks very good english......he teaches that stuff! A lot of the people report very good results.

http://www.gottmensch.de/wir/kontakt/

best

I am not interested in contacting him.

I am just asking if anyone here actually has   experience    in any solar meditations that they undertook  ( aside from , stories, friends, myths, made up stuff, etc    .... that is;   real practical experience instead of 'gas bagging' .   )

19 hours ago, Nungali said:

I am not interested in contacting him.

I am just asking if anyone here actually has   experience    in any solar meditations that they undertook  ( aside from , stories, friends, myths, made up stuff, etc    .... that is;   real practical experience instead of 'gas bagging' .   )

I would contact Michael Winn if I were you, he's very well trained in Taoist internal alchemy as well as solar meditation. 

2 hours ago, Immortal said:

I would contact Michael Winn if I were you, he's very well trained in Taoist internal alchemy as well as solar meditation. 

Well, you are not me  ....   Mr  Immortal .  

All I  can assume  then is that  no one   here     has done any solar meditations  ... its all   just talk and 'opinion' .

I used to do some of the less extreme exercises.  Where you don't look directly into the sun, but while its low you move your eyes around it slowly.  Doing chi gung and zhan zhuang infront of the sun, ie late afternoon, looking at the sun w/ eyes closed, feeling the various luminescence moving in from the bones outward.  Its very energizing, maybe too much.  Westerners tend to be too yang to begin with.   I found it over heating.  Plus full on sungazing can cause permanent eye damage. 

I still enjoy when the sun is beneath the cloud cover, looking like a neon moon and I can focus on it.  Feel it coming to me.  Not to different then some exercises with the full moon.  Wudang inspired stuff. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chi Nei Tsang instructor Gilles Marin has an entire CD dedicated to the practice of sunning.  All of his sunning practices are done with the eyes closed, absorbing the healing warmth and the light without risking one`s eyesight.  I find that they relax me in a particular and difficult to describe way that nothing else does.

• Like 1

I love that !   In winter .

In summer, its much too intense   .....  like a  solar x-ray machine ..... so I keep  out of it as much as  possible.

health-beauty-global_warming-x_ray-skele

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1