Audiohealing

How to unblock stuck energy channels in the chest and throat area?

Hey guys,

I've been having some rather stubborn energy blockages in my chest and lower throat region for a very long time now.

Doing the MCO, these two areas are always the most difficult ones to get through and don't seem to be progressing much in terms of energy expansion. Feels like I have a piece of chicken bone stuck in the left side of my chest.

Are there any meditations, exercises, chants, etc. that can aid in unblocking the energy channels in the chest area? Anything at all that could remotely help me would be enormously appreciated.

Thanks !

Hey guys,

I've been having some rather stubborn energy blockages in my chest and lower throat region for a very long time now.

Doing the MCO, these two areas are always the most difficult ones to get through and don't seem to be progressing much in terms of energy expansion. Feels like I have a piece of chicken bone stuck in the left side of my chest.

Are there any meditations, exercises, chants, etc. that can aid in unblocking the energy channels in the chest area? Anything at all that could remotely help me would be enormously appreciated.

Thanks !

Doing the MCO but still having major blockages, you obviously shouldn't be doing that as much without removing the blockage at first. You can't put the horse before the carriage; in the same light you should focus on removing the blockages before actually trying to move energy around in any quantity (obviously it is not doing very good for you).

Without a doubt I will recommend Hakuin's butter meditation. the one-stop-shop for awesome blockage dissolving and removal.

See my response in this thread for more:

http://thetaobums.co...-ancestral-chi/

Edited by Practitioner
  • Like 1

I have always had some sturdy blockages in my heart center...however after practicing my neigong daily for the last 2 years i am starting to dissolve the last tidbits of blockages in that area. You may find value in getting the assistance of a professional healer....however as far as i am aware....these things take time to dissolve and there are no shortcuts. Keep practicing.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Blockages in the heart and chest are often tied to unresolved emotional issues. Often things like feeling unloved or anger over past issues need to be let go. Energy practices alone only get you so far.

:)

• Like 2

Always worth getting any chest pains or persistent discomfort in that area checked out by your doctor just to be on the safe side.

As a complementary to whatever s/he advises but never an alternative then a healer won't hurt, unless it's acupuncture and that maybe the way forward but only after qualified medical check up first.

Any cultivation teacher would and should give you the same advice where chest discomfort is reported.

is that your experience? :huh: because i will second OldGreen's post above.

doing it on my own, with a high quality neigong practice, has opened up some really blocked parts of my throat, chest, jaw, heart areas. you could do it faster with some medical qigong sessions. you can read an account of a guy's mco being opened by regular qi projections in the book "mysteries of the life force."

herbs can open you up too. prolly a lot of other things too. often times simply being really present in the body will do wonders.

In my experience, being present in the body is always a good practice. Depending on the layer of the body-mind you are working on, obstructions are often unconscious fears and issues that are stored in the energy body. Release (let go of) the issue and energy flows freely. The "ego" is a collection of energy obstructions (issues/fears) to the flow. Let them go and you are one with Tao.

When I meditate on emptiness, lately there has been a big pain and block in my neck at the base of the skull. Like something is drilling.

I have done a search and the only relief I have found so far is stretching and doing the neck lock, where you pull your head back and push your jaw down to open up everything.

is that your experience? :huh: because i will second OldGreen's post above.

doing it on my own, with a high quality neigong practice, has opened up some really blocked parts of my throat, chest, jaw, heart areas. you could do it faster with some medical qigong sessions. you can read an account of a guy's mco being opened by regular qi projections in the book "mysteries of the life force."

herbs can open you up too. prolly a lot of other things too. often times simply being really present in the body will do wonders.

It is my experience that if you haven't made friends with the emotions in the stuck area you are working with energetics won't shift it no matter how powerful it is. It can help you get in contact with what's there so i guess a lot of it is to do with the attitude you do your energetics with.

I imagine throat blockages are quite common, most of us have to swallow a lot of crap and bite our tongue and are taught not to speak our truth through a lot of our lives.

• Like 3

If your doing the Spring Forest Qigong MCO - I would continue with it - untill the blockage leaves.....I've gotten rid of some nasty blockages in my heart and stomach with this.....When the pain gets worse - that is a good sign - the blockage is being worked on - though it can be a little scary. I would just lay down on a bed and do the SFQ MCO for many hours......Also if you have the money I would recomend a distance healing from Chunyi Lin.....He will look inside your body and tell you what is going on.

Relax more often to open the throat.

I found it interesting to learn...Theravadan Buddhists have said that the throat has an invisible rope tied around it that tightens or loosens due to two demons holding onto each end. Those demons are named: sense of self, and attachment to the five senses.

The stronger your self awareness...the stronger you feel attachment or aversion from one thing or another...the more blocked the throat is. So when we "bite our tongue" for instance, at a job that sucks with a boss that we hate...the throat will definitely feel very constricted at that time.

But when you're relaxing on your own (no social bullshit to deal with, and thus, no self awareness), watching movies that you love, having your favorite drink and food...ahhh. Then the throat is open.

I have been told that the Tantric point of view is that "your pleasure is your liberation". This is not to be confused with pleasure experienced in the moment being your attachment. If you're attached to something, you're not experiencing pleasure...but pain, due to not having it in the moment.

So yeah...relax, enjoy yourself. That's an idea for a mental and lifestyle solution to a blocked throat.

• Like 3

I've found that kundalini energy gets stuck in the chakra that needs attention. Stuck in the throat means there's something you need to say that you're not saying. Figure out what it is, then find the most loving and kind way to say it to the person that needs to hear it. Usually it means we lack courage to say it - as in, they'll be mad, they won't like me any more, it's not what they want to hear and I'm afraid to change the dynamic. This is all part of the inner work necessary for full self-realization.

Same goes for the heart chakra. Figure out what it is, when it's there - then take the steps necessary to align the situation; it will always involve getting over a fear of rejection of some sort.

• Like 4

Hey guys, I think I finally found the *exact* cause of my blockage. It makes so much sense now!

In Mantak Chia's "awakening the healing energy" book, he warns not to focus too much on the heart center for too long, as the energy might re-absorb in the pericardium (fibrous tissue surrounding the heart) and get stuck there, and that is exaaaactly what happened.

Unfortunately, he makes no mention of what to do in such a case, and that is what I am still looking to find a solution for. The best I can do is sort of drag the stuck energy around a bit (its very very heavy), but then it just bounces back and attaches to the heart, and blocks the correct passage of the front channel and redirects it all to the pericardium. It's a vicious cycle that just gets worse and worse.

Any ideas

edit: found some more info about the pericardium meridian here: http://lieske.com/channels/5e-pericardium.htm

I feel I am really getting closer and closer to the root of the issue.

edit2: in the same book near the end, Master Chia advises to focus on the Ming Men center or perhaps the Hsuang-Chi center until the energy redescends safely. Boom. Gonna give this a try and report back...

Edited by Audiohealing

I know this now! This is a bad habit I picked up from doing the SFQ "Small Universe" meditation, which is a rushed, watered-down, cookie-cutter MCO meditation.

first idea: don't drag the energy around. i did that once, early on, and was in quite some pain in another part of my body. once you are more open, you can direct energy with confidence.

for some reason, i sense that dragging isn't a good idea.

{as OldGreen says: just my 2¢.}

I know this now! This is a bad habit I picked up from doing the SFQ "Small Universe" meditation, which is a rushed, watered-down, cookie-cutter MCO meditation.

This is the only MCO meditation I do. Now you have me worried. Can you explain this a bit more?

• Like 1

I don't think I worded it fairly. A lot (most, actually) people get very good results with the Small Universe meditation.

However, in my particular case, it caused some problems because Master Lin goes into very little detail about the hows and whys, (compared for instance, with Master Chia's MCO, where there is a LOT of explanation and preparation before completing a full cycle of the orbit, etc.)

It turns out I was doing it incorrectly for months and months, since I had little other points of reference, and now I am slowly undoing some bad habits I learned from it.

This does not mean it's bad. It's just a very simplified (IMO, oversimplified) version of the MCO and doesn't account for all the possible problems one could run into while doing it.

This is the only MCO meditation I do. Now you have me worried. Can you explain this a bit more?

Edited by Audiohealing

Hey guys, I think I finally found the *exact* cause of my blockage. It makes so much sense now!

In Mantak Chia's "awakening the healing energy" book, he warns not to focus too much on the heart center for too long, as the energy might re-absorb in the pericardium (fibrous tissue surrounding the heart) and get stuck there, and that is exaaaactly what happened.

Unfortunately, he makes no mention of what to do in such a case, and that is what I am still looking to find a solution for. The best I can do is sort of drag the stuck energy around a bit (its very very heavy), but then it just bounces back and attaches to the heart, and blocks the correct passage of the front channel and redirects it all to the pericardium. It's a vicious cycle that just gets worse and worse.

Any ideas

edit: found some more info about the pericardium meridian here: http://lieske.com/ch...pericardium.htm

I feel I am really getting closer and closer to the root of the issue.

edit2: in the same book near the end, Master Chia advises to focus on the Ming Men center or perhaps the Hsuang-Chi center until the energy redescends safely. Boom. Gonna give this a try and report back...

I have practiced Healing Tao for a long time and i know what you are talking about. Here are some things you can do.

1. Do these stretches for your neck. A) Left & right and around in a circle B) Then like you are shaking your head saying No.C) Then squeeze your shoulders up, then put them down and stretch your neck out.

2. Use fingers or knuckle to massage your throat chest, especially where the chi is getting suck. You can beat your chest link king kong too.

3. If chi is getting stuck in your head or heart. Do venting, lead the chi out to below your feet by concentrating there. Do healing sounds. This will work very well. Especially the heart sound.

4. I find if i overeat i get chi stangnation so don't overeat, stop when you are full.

Most important thing is to relax more. Worry less about the chi and more that your body is relaxed. When you are relaxed the chi will flow in by it's self. If you do healing sounds this will help you relax. You can also do more inner smile. These two are really good i think. MCO does it's self when you do inner smile and healing sounds well. Sometimes i just do a few healing sounds and MCO starts running very fast without me even starting it.

Kinda true, supress emotions usually make this blockages that you feel. Letting go and dealing with this things can make things better. Expressing what you feel and medidating can help you.

Agreed. Energy does not really get stuck in the heart or tissue. Energy gets "stuck" or caught up in issues/obstructions. As clarity grows, energy flows freely...

(p.s. we are also the energy itself...)

• Like 3

Hi , rather than start another thread on this topic I thought I would post here .

I am having a very similar problem to the starter of this Thread . I am experiencing a sensation like a golf ball in my throat that I am starting to suspect is blocked energy/chi/kundalini of some kind  . It is most prominent when I wake in the morning . I spontaneously seem to be breathing deeply into and around  it during the day . The energy sometimes gets up past this heavy constriction in my throat into my head where it creates an impulse to crack the bones of the skull ,often  loudly enough so that people near me can hear it happening .Often after a session of this skull cracking I will experience very pleasant liquid like sensations dripping around inside my head , like warm honey dripping . But these sensations are short lived . The next phase usually is that I will start to burp and yawn and a vomiting reflex often occurs but without any of the nausea or sick sensations that usually come with throwing up . Sometimes when I am alone with this throat pain there is an emotional component and crying or deep sobbing involved during which the throat and the third eye area of the forehead seem to throb . I am no expert but I am wondering if this all has to do with some over revving of the microcosmic orbit or some other energy pathways .  I am reluctant to get medical help here as I feel that this is an energy issue , out of the realms of most doctors experience . Any thoughts or insights are greatly appreciated .

J.

• Like 1

A technique I picked up from another practitoner which has become of deep value to my practice is the Sedona method. Many cultivators are familiar with this method and there are many ways of using it. But in particular I've found it very useful to shake loose blockages in my internal framework that relate to ones sexuality.....which in the context of this thread, is quite important. I've found the following technique quite useful:

"Feeling into the body and ask the body where the blockages and there root systems are that relate to "Sexual energy"? Then ask the body if it's willing to heal them. Then release yourself from them with Sedona."

It's quite a powerful and effective method. Pace yourself, as it can be quite a detox and your body may not be ready to go through a whole root at once (bit size it if neccesary). You may get tired depending on how much internal work you've done. Also it's useful to do this detoxing outside vs indoors as I've found it goes much smoother when your connected to a larger circuit. Naturally this technique is not limited to sex, you can surf around your entire system and dissolve through many roots of blockages.

Hope this is useful. Many blessings and many thanks to the practtioners whom have made these methods available. :)

This trick can be applied to all kinds of blockages throughout the microcosm. Just fiddle around with the wording and then release the blocks once you find them. 

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 1

Holy shit guys, the blockage is actually in my THROAT! ohmy.png

Nothing extraordinary. It comes from the Lung network (and probably originated by the Heart but many other causes are also to be taken into account).

Please read this info.

I'd advice you to see a TCM practitioner in your area for a detailed treatment.

Good luck!

• Like 1