Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

The biggest threat to your freedom of speech that you probably never heard of!

Watch this video, it's just a few minutes long, but it's something we all need to learn about. For those too lazy to watch, or just aren't able, here's the skinny. The International Telecommunications Union will meet in December to decide whether or not to increase their control over the internet. If they succeed then every site on the web will be required to pay them to be hosted. Also they are lobbying for more control over the monitoring of traffic on the internet. Your e-mail, personal messages, the sites you visit, can and will be tracked. The countries lobbying the hardest for the passing of this initiative are the ones that already are cracking down on freedom of speech, Russia, China, and Iran.

We owe it to ourselves and our children to be aware and to tell our government that we wont stand for it... with that said, here's the video.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 2

Wonderful. Just what we need, more Big Brother.

Then again...not really surprising either. A logical next step for those terrified children in power.

• Like 1

ah it won't last long anyway... people are working around the clock globally setting up free p2p internet

Can't find a link damn...sorry // it is out there somewhere though - was maybe 6 months ago that I was reading the article

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

ah it won't last long anyway... people are working around the clock globally setting up free p2p internet

Can't find a link damn...sorry // it is out there somewhere though - was maybe 6 months ago that I was reading the article

Back in the days before internet, when Apple was king, there were numerous bulletin boards in operation in many places around the world. It can be done again if government gets too invasive.

• Like 2

We'll find a way to get around it.

The internet genie is well and truly out of the bottle.

There's no such thing as a system that cannot be subverted somehow.

Who are these deluded people anyway that they believe they somehow have the power to legislate against freedom of speech and expression of others?

And aint those 'others' usually those saying the things that the power holders don't want said?

Government in the UK has talked about authorising an increase in your Poll Tax (currently based on the market value of your dwelling), if your Home has a nice view !!!

Or if you've improved your home with an extension or a swimming pool, etc.

We're taxed on our Salaries, our purchases, the fuel in our cars, our savings, etc etc.

Even after death they tax our estates, so that they can grab money from our next of kin !!!

Next move will be to tax us all on breathing !!!

Privacy wise, there are cctv cameras everywhere monitoring every vehicles movements as well as most pedestrians. They tap / mionitor all of our phone calls (Mobiles & Land Lines) and e mails then claim they do all this to protect our FREEDOM !!!

Is that Bovine excrament I smell ????

• Like 1

There's more and more of this kind of thing going on specially in US and UK.

• Like 1

If there isn't a way to get around this, I will devote my life and career as a computer scientist to establishing one.

• Like 2

Politicians!

Bunch of bastards, all of 'em, no exceptions.

Just had a Great Idea for a new TV show hosted by two short northern types... "

I'm A Politician, Get Me Out Of Here !".

Every potential Politician has to go into the Jungle Bootcamp, w

e can watch them all of the time 24/7 and judge who (if anyone) would make a good Politician.

LOL

= = = = = = = = = = = =

I'm beginning to agree with Jeremy Clarkson's opinion, that anybody who actually wants to become a Politician is automatically banned from ever doing the job !!!

Edited by Basher

I'm with Mark Twain who when asked how he could assert that he could always tell when a politician was lying replied....

"Because his lips are moving".

Yep. Control equals power and power equals money.

Wisdom=Good Decisions=Freedom=Power=Influence=response-ability

Money is a tool and it is best used by the response-able.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

It will never survive the onslaught of liberty-loving teenagers and young adults with access to the internet and Reddit. Google has already announced the implications of this to the world. Now that it is out in the open it's only a matter of time before this thing gets blown off. Anyone remember the backlash from SOPA?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-20429625

Edited by Practitioner

Sign in to follow this