konchog uma

outlets for kundalini energy

As was mentioned in another thread its hard, in my opinion, to find an outlet for kundalini energy. That is to say that especially in the beginning, its pretty high voltage and hard to channel constructively for many people. I think thats the point of yoga and meditation surrounding K, to open up the body and the channels so it doesn't run away with the practitioner, because it definitely has a mind of its own.

I put this post in the General forum because kundalini isn't limited to vedic thought or vedanta, and a lot of the uses people put it to are more universal, like healing and energy work, or just applying ones enhanced intuition to whatever practice they are engaged in. Its also applicable to magical work, Crowley wrote pretty extensively on the importance of awakening the K and its significance as a magical source of power, not sure which book tho.

A lot of people who have near death experiences come back with awakened kundalini, and find it hard to integrate into their daily lives.. but they find themselves in 5 or 10 years in a position to use their gift for healing... there was a great Coast to Coast AM with George Noory last year about just that, if any of you are subscribers and can dig in the archives.. (it wasn't about K per se but about NDE). Even a lot of people who awaken their energies via shaktipat or some more stabilized way of working with it have some trouble with "the sizzle" as my ninja teacher calls it.. its just powerful. So thats a little of what i was talking about which i was asked to clarify in that other thread.

Has anyone else found their own energies hard to make sense of or flush with their daily lives? I hope some more experienced bums can say something helpful if they are moved to... we have the benefit of some really awesome practitioners here who have a lot of K experience

so thanks, and there you go -K- :)

• Like 1

sure K!

i talked to Eva Wong about kundalini earlier this month Grandmaster P, she was completely familiar with it, and knew it as 'yang chi' and said it can be ignited by qigong.

in my understanding kundalini is a kind of 'qi'.. its its own kind tho, its not normal qi. If i knew more about tcm and the names for kinds of qi i could be more helpful but i am shaky on that. For a good read, check out William Bodri's Little Book of Hercules.

hi rainbowvein :)

i am actually at a point in my life where my energies have started to settle down and really stabilize, and i am looking for just that project. Because i am disabled due to a nasty incident with a fast car, i have been looking into assistance for schooling. I actually sat through 5 hours of neurology tests today because they want to know if i will need any help in the classroom as a result of the head trauma. I passed most of the tests with flying colors btw! and the state payed for it all, whew! Anyway my personal passion at present is buddhism, and i am considering doing my undergrad at community college and then looking at UC Berkeley or maybe Harvard or Chicago school of divinity to do a doctorate program in buddhist studies. Talk about following my bliss! i have no idea what i want to do with that degree whatsoever! hahaha my interest test results said that i am a 79% match to be happy as a librarian. It didn't mention buddhism lol. But that is all how i feel today, and maybe in a week i will feel different. maybe when i get to school i will feel differently, or be exposed to something really cool that i end up liking as a career path. Who can say.

hahah funny to put it in terms of what i am most passionate about, since passions are discouraged in dharmic thought lol

hi rainbowvein :)

i am actually at a point in my life where my energies have started to settle down and really stabilize, and i am looking for just that project. Because i am disabled due to a nasty incident with a fast car, i have been looking into assistance for schooling. I actually sat through 5 hours of neurology tests today because they want to know if i will need any help in the classroom as a result of the head trauma. I passed most of the tests with flying colors btw! and the state payed for it all, whew! Anyway my personal passion at present is buddhism, and i am considering doing my undergrad at community college and then looking at UC Berkeley or maybe Harvard or Chicago school of divinity to do a doctorate program in buddhist studies. Talk about following my bliss! i have no idea what i want to do with that degree whatsoever! hahaha my interest test results said that i am a 79% match to be happy as a librarian. It didn't mention buddhism lol. But that is all how i feel today, and maybe in a week i will feel different. maybe when i get to school i will feel differently, or be exposed to something really cool that i end up liking as a career path. Who can say.

hahah funny to put it in terms of what i am most passionate about, since passions are discouraged in dharmic thought lol

Librarian is a sweet job especially in a university.

Chicago for Divinity... Harvard for networking

Hawaii for Buddhism and a nice tan. Have a word with Tenure Track Prof. Jay Sakashita at Hawaii (ex Stirling Uni UK) he's the lad for Buddhist studies if you want to learn.

Edited by GrandmasterP

studying Buddhism in an academic setting? interesting. to study for your own mind's knowledge? or, will you want to teach, or author a book?

a similar word to passionate that i might have used - meaningful?

yes i think to deepen my own understanding. Maybe teach, maybe author.. like i said, no idea where that would take me, totally surfing the bliss wave on that one... :)

• Like 1

I would say my kundalini awakaned about a year and a half ago because I would start shaking all the time, and find a need to delve in spiritual stuff.

I have no real answer to this question.

But do what you enjoy, what makes you feel excitement seems a good thing to me, this can seem new agey to some, but it is the same as follow your heart or go wth the flow. That could be building small houses, inventing things, musical instruments, setting up businesses, writing books etc etc

I personally have not awakened kundalini. However, in the realm of learning to handle and integrate higher levels of energy i do have some experience because of my retention and Neigong practices. It can be very challenging...physically, emotionally and psychologically........there is definitely a need to have some mode of expression.

Currently i am looking into learning how to draw and paint from one of my friends. Looking forward to it. :)

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 3

Old Green messaged me and asked if I would comment. I have been out and about, here and there, and don't come this way very much any more. I am pretty busy IRL. :)

Of course this is all my opinion, based on real life experience, and working with hundreds of people since the mid 90s or so about kundalini. Most of this is empirical and proven to work in life and in my life. That means this sometimes will contradict written tradition.

My basic premise about kundalini is it is normal. The body likes it and wants it to develop fully. It is not necessary to awaken but it is a great enhancement in life, like moving from a minivan to a starship on your path. The world is pretty comfortable with and has a lot to say about how to move through life in a minivan but not so much in a starship. You can just imagine all the differences, difficulties, and new awarenesses pouring in if some day you went from piloting a minivan and now you are the inexperienced rookie captain of your own starship.

Minivan manuals are relatively easy to find and use. We usually pick those up from our families, our culture, and our spiritual tradition. We know in time which manual handed to us was really, poorly written and which manual we are grateful to have. Then a goodly portion of us get the manuals somewhere in the middle range of instructions.

We find the same thing about starships but not too many of us find any manual in our families, culture, or spiritual traditions. It's there for some of the more fortunate but we rarely hear about those individuals because their life unfolds normally in a kundalini context. A lot of us end up writing our own manuals based on our own experiences and reading other manuals that have been written. Unfortunately, like a lot of things about life, you don't know you have been handed bad info until you have results that you don't desire or maybe even damage you.

I often say people need to have intuition and training to choose a good teacher. Unfortunately, it is the good teacher who will train you to have the discerning intuition and those are hard to find. So must of us just blunder along until we learn enough or find the right people to show us who the good teachers are.

To make this briefer, I go back to that Kundalini is normal and I want to stress the normalcy of the process. It is because it is unusual and people screw up is that it gets such a bad rap. If you go back to when you were going through puberty and how unbelievably alien that experience is for most people, the intensity of feelings and bodily changes, that is a reflection of what kundalini process is like. Doesn't make it abnormal, just another expression of who we are as we grow. I can see all human growth and development that we learn in psychology classes reflected in the Kundalini process. It is just at another more intense level but we were all kundalini babies and we all eventually become kundalini elders. The way the path unfolds is between you and Kundalini.

I don't know if asking what is a good outlet is actually helpful. Any outlet is good. It doesn't really matter what you choose. Your personal, individual makeup will help drive that. "what do I want to be when I grow up?" is just as germane a question and exploration to a kundalite as it is to the minivan driver. What matters is are you at peace with yourself and the world? There are no judgments and there are no attachments to what you choose. Are you influenced by what you think other people will think or your morals or? It really does not matter what other people think of your choices. What makes you happy?

Choose an outlet that makes you happy. Choose an outlet that you think best serves you and the world you live in. The outlets are as numerous as there are people. Consider the world may be best served if you just go to school or work in retail. Shine where you are at. :D

In my personal world, when I am choosing something that is good for me then the Kundalini bubbles over with more bliss. So check within on your choices and see what happens to the quality of the energy as it moves through you.

Blessings, :wub:

Shaktimama

As was mentioned in another thread its hard, in my opinion, to find an outlet for kundalini energy. That is to say that especially in the beginning, its pretty high voltage and hard to channel constructively for many people. I think thats the point of yoga and meditation surrounding K, to open up the body and the channels so it doesn't run away with the practitioner, because it definitely has a mind of its own.

I put this post in the General forum because kundalini isn't limited to vedic thought or vedanta, and a lot of the uses people put it to are more universal, like healing and energy work, or just applying ones enhanced intuition to whatever practice they are engaged in. Its also applicable to magical work, Crowley wrote pretty extensively on the importance of awakening the K and its significance as a magical source of power, not sure which book tho.

A lot of people who have near death experiences come back with awakened kundalini, and find it hard to integrate into their daily lives.. but they find themselves in 5 or 10 years in a position to use their gift for healing... there was a great Coast to Coast AM with George Noory last year about just that, if any of you are subscribers and can dig in the archives.. (it wasn't about K per se but about NDE). Even a lot of people who awaken their energies via shaktipat or some more stabilized way of working with it have some trouble with "the sizzle" as my ninja teacher calls it.. its just powerful. So thats a little of what i was talking about which i was asked to clarify in that other thread.

Has anyone else found their own energies hard to make sense of or flush with their daily lives? I hope some more experienced bums can say something helpful if they are moved to... we have the benefit of some really awesome practitioners here who have a lot of K experience

so thanks, and there you go -K- :)

• Like 3

We asked...

Is Kundalini Qi?

They said....

http://www.eecs.berk...lini-faq.html#5

Kurt originally wrote that FAQ in the late 90s and the last revision he made I think is in 2002. We know more now. Kundalini is definately energy as is qi. Kundalini is not just qi. Kundalini has intelligence, some even say it is Supreme Intelligence, Qi can be moved by the mind. Kundalini not much mind moveable. It is more of a negotiation. Resistance is futile. :) Depends on which cultural lens we are looking through is how some people define K.

Edited by ShaktiMama
  • Like 1

Yes, kundalini is viewed by some as yang qi. Snowmonkey was recently writing about his view to me on this and on Bodri, whose view is somewhat one dimensional and according to his teacher, in error. Maybe he will share that view here.

And yes, qigong will ignite Kundalini. KAP utilizes a lot qigong moves and principles. Also there is yoga and Bonpo Tantricism and other goodies we teach.

sure K!

i talked to Eva Wong about kundalini earlier this month Grandmaster P, she was completely familiar with it, and knew it as 'yang chi' and said it can be ignited by qigong.

in my understanding kundalini is a kind of 'qi'.. its its own kind tho, its not normal qi. If i knew more about tcm and the names for kinds of qi i could be more helpful but i am shaky on that. For a good read, check out William Bodri's Little Book of Hercules.

Edited by ShaktiMama
  • Like 1