Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Electronic Notebook

I first heard Bill Gates talk about this like 3 or 4 years ago and my life has been on hold since. It's going to be one of those things like the car, or airplanes, or cell phones. One of those things that you can't imagine how you lived your life to this point without. And now it's getting to the point where I am getting pissed I can't buy one yet. An electronic notebook. A little bigger than a cell phone with an electronic pen where you can write all your notes for the day and save them rather than have to write it down or save it ona computer screen.

Any of you computer masters know when this technology will be available to the consumer?

Link

BTW this link isn't at all what Bill Gates was talking about. I mean a portable ENB that you can take wherever you go and write whatever you want and save it.

Mainly I think it is something that can help alot with business ideas and keeping things organized .Do you ever get a great idea when your out and just forget about it later on? Never happen again!

edit-something sort of like this but not really .this thing is big and ugly and has a limited memory from what I can tell. I mean somehting small, you could probably fit in your pocket, but also has alot of memory. Like you could have thousands of pages of notes and have them all saved in different files just like a computer. Is this type of thing out ?

Ime thinking somehting kind of like this but a little bigger and for writing not reading books.

I would get that Sony pdf reading book but it's too big. For notes, why don't you use a tiny notebook instead? Old school, baby!

I would get that Sony pdf reading book but it's too big. For notes, why don't you use a tiny notebook instead? Old school, baby!

This e notebook thing will come out eventually and that will be awesome. Bill Gates probably has one but trying to figure out how to make it cost effective. I think I saw him use it and he said it was going to be the next big thing. For business it would be invaluable and have all kinds of uses beyond pencil and paper. For example, keeping track of accounts or customers and creating journals for different ideas you can work on when your out.

Of course you can do that on a computer but just having that freedom and versatilty to write when your out and go back to notes from weeks ago and add an idea or comment. It's just necissary.

Its a little bigger then what you're looking for, but tablets have been around for a few years. They're laptop sized but have screens you can swivel and write on. They are popular with contractors and appraisors. Sony has come out with a micro laptop that pretty interesting.

I have an old 1 hertz sony laptop, it was fairly cheap and wonderfully small. Its getting pretty slow. Seems like its minutes to boot up, and very all around very slow.

I'm thinking of upgrading. Torn between a Mac, $1299 or PC a bit less. I really like my new Mac desktop. Prices should be dropping like stones since new operating systems are coming out.

Michael

Sign in to follow this