Humble

Spring Forest Qigong

I have tried three of the "Level 1" exercises(what I could find on Youtube anywho) of SFQ and was pretty impressed by the power generated. SO I find myself with questions;

Does anyone have any info on what practices you dont want to mix with SFQ?

Any DVDs or books anyone can recommend/sell/loan?

Thanks in advance.

It is free.

Free beats paying out your hard earned money.

QiGong is QiGong.

I appreciate that this forum carries advertising.

You think the members here value Spring Forest due to it being advertised on the forum, is that your point?

Better 'as for free'.

I make no comment as to individual advertisers wares and have no idea what other members value in these areas.

HTH

Edited by GrandmasterP

From my very limited understanding its about building up the chi through exercises like microcosmic orbit etc and then going on to do full lotus..this prompted me to reply because lately (well today im spending all my hour of stillness movement in semi lotus) and im sure in a couple of weeks it will be full due to lots of qigong practice, im noticing quite a substantial difference in the postures.. From my understanding chunyi lin is a good teacher and drew hempel has made some great posts I found interesting here, personally I study with michael lomax at the moment but hey when I start making money it would be nice to learn lots of things...

peace

Also free doesnt always imply better, I understand its great to give people free stuff but often when people pay there more invested and they actually get deeper teachings.

Better 'as for free'.

I make no comment as to individual advertisers wares.

HTH

Thankyou, and no it doesnt H, really, because I see, so far, no evidence that you have any knowledge at all about any of the systems that advertise on this site. I'm wondering what you know about Spring Firest Qigong and what you know about the Qigong at the link you keep posting and I'm wondering also what Qigong/

meditation/ alchemy you practice.

You see, I read your opinion, but in order for it to have any impact or value, I need to know considerably more about what makes you so authorative, and, forgive me for possible oversights, as yet I havent gleaned this information from your posts.

• Like 2

We teach Baduanjin 8 strands of silk brocade standing form.

That is as good, but no better than any other QiGong form cultivated diligently.

They all 'do' the same things at various levels, the first level; and the one we major in being general improvement in health and increased mobility.

That form amongst all the major others is free to all via the link I continue to post.

As one progresses, should one choose to do so; other advantages may become apparent but you'd need to be with a qualified teacher, physically in the same room as you whilst you learn; in order to properly engage with those Cat.

Transmission does not transmit via DVD or the printed word, neither medium being able to give prompts or feedback on present performance.

I have PMd my qualifications to teach to you.

Really HTH

Edited by GrandmasterP

Better 'as for free'.

I make no comment as to individual advertisers wares and have no idea what other members value in these areas.

HTH

You would easily find out what members value, by reading the board and waiting for others with first hand experience to contribute to discussions. Most of the people here have experienced several if not many and various systems and are able to share genuinely valuable knowledge from first hand experience. Many, I'd say most, here, are interested and experienced in alchemy and transformative processes.

Would you explain what could make you decide that the qigong at the link your provided is equal to Spring Forest Qigong? Have you tried SFQ?

As I said Cat I make no comment on individual advertisers, to do so would be unprofessional and possibly contrary to forum rules as you are a moderator; I am sure that you are in no wise coercing such a response.

May be different where you are but here in recession bitten Blighty if someone has a free resource to share..........

As I said Cat I make no comment on individual advertisers, to do so would be unprofessional and possibly contrary to forum rules as you are a moderator; I am sure that you are in no wise coercing such a response.

May be different where you are but here in recession bitten Blighty if someone has a free resource to share..........

Commenting is fine. . We are here to share information and experience. Advertising or not.. tbh I am kind of amazed and weirded out by you imagining that you cant discuss systems that advertise here. This is a DISCUSSION board , for alchemy, taoism etc, so relevant systems make themselves known here sometimes and members try them out and share experiences, if they so choose.

information and experience sharing = what we are here for

unsubstantiated uninformed opinions = not useful

advertisers here = potential sources of good systems

The question of charging for teachings has been discussed here so many times, people's thoughts vary on it.

On what basis do you feel that your link offers 'like for like' to the OP, if 'free substitute' is your thought, and saving money for OP is your propulsion here.

What makes you think that parsimony is the deciding factor for the OP , here?

How could I possibly know that Cat?

The OP is free to choose and has access to a free resource s/he may have been unaware of prior to posting.

Hence a wider choice.

All good surely?

Save your money bro...

All here, better; and for free.

Your assertion 'better' is solely based on financial considerations and yet you dont make this clear, that in no way is this an informed comment re. content.

all roads lead to the same end

not so, and some end in cul de sacs, others are unnavigatable, others are toll roads, others wish to personalise their route, some are unambitious travellers, others wish to travel the world in 80 days.

If not, lets just all keep quiet, and all do the same thing.

• Like 2

I cant agree.

not all roads lead to the same place. Some roads don't even go on the mountain, but amble by the seaside...

not all Qigong systems are equal.

Equal itself is dependent on what someone wants it for.

If one wants a martial qigong, then iron robe is far better suited than shibashi.

If one wants general health maintenance then a form that has that purpose is far better than a form that does not cater to that at all...

and having practiced both spring forrest, and the 8 peices, I can say that for me spring forrest was a far more powerful form, but that judgement is based on what I prefer...

• Like 6

Iron Shirt rules, well impressive to see serious players of that form going about their business. Chris Lomas from my old home town is a main man here in UK.

Horses for courses really and what works for one might not suit another.

Mountain paths go up the mountain but the seaside is a brilliant place to cultivate too.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

I cant agree.

not all roads lead to the same place. Some roads don't even go on the mountain, but amble by the seaside...

not all Qigong systems are equal.

Absolutely agree.

Some forms don't do much at all and are merely calisthenics, not that calisthenics are bad, they just don't do much for an energy body. We do a calisthenic form of "qigong" as a physical warm up before we do energetic forms of qigong. It is very helpful for the physical body therefore good. Personally, I wouldn't call them qigong but someone did.

• Like 3

Vast majority of TaiChi and QiGong played here in the UK is first level, what you'd call calisthenics.

It's what keeps teachers in funds.

Very few students indeed as a proportion of the many who attend a weekly class for keep fit or health reasons choose take it any further.

For those who are led to do so there's a network available.

TaiChi Union of Great Britain is our main organization.

http://www.taichiunion.com/

Edited by GrandmasterP

The level one course only cost $40 bucks on the SFQ website. Learning Strategies sells the same thing with some extra info - for a lot more. But the $40 course is all you need. To build up a lot of chi and to heal any illness - all you need is Level one. Chunyi Lin mentions this a lot. A psychologist named Patrick Dougherty says the same thing. He has been practicing for 17 years - and has so much chi - that when people walk by him they can feel warm heat coming off him.

You can even open the third eye from level one. Over the summer I was practicing a lot of level one and had some strange reactions - so I emailed the SFQ website with a bunch of questions. One of Chunyi Lin's Qigong Masters emailed me back. One thing that was said in the reply was that my third eye is open - but to what degree - the person couldn't say. The person also said that the third eye can open from level one practice. I don't think my third eye is open that much though - because when it is open all the way - you supposedly see bright colors everywhere. I think mine is just like 10% open....I have a long way to go.

So, in conclusion - I would say just try and save up the $40 for the Level one.

• Like 2

To be quite honest, that site you linked GMP is pretty chaotic. Granted there's a TON of information on it, but it's very convoluted. A beginner would be completely lost and wouldn't know where to really start.

~ chi 2012: The problem with SFQ isn't the $40 level one course; it's the endless stream of content you end up having to pay for if you wish to progress. I don't consider level 1 a complete training course. It's a good base no doubt, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. So the $40 turns into $400 real quick.

It's like Mantak Chia; that guy will drive you right into the poor house.

Edited by Celestial
  • Like 2