Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Light and Sound Machines?

The Synchro-Energizer Folks used to give free demos at my gallery openings in NYC. Their system was a combined sound and light experience that was worn on the head like a flyer's helmet. Very comfortible. The experience was VERY soothing. A controler/operator was needed, he came with the gear in a suit-case sized control panel and the head-gear...

What I remember most is that time just fly by durring the session. 45 minutes seemed like 10 or fifteen and I came away with a deep sense of being well rested! Many people signed up for extended sessions at the office after being exposed to the experience at my gallery. I never found the time -but always wanted to...

They are pretty cool. From simple biurnal (sp?) cds to the goggles where you can check out mandalas, they are very fun. I'd say the most important thing for the spiritual aspirant is to practice some sort of stillness meditation daily. This sort of technology can make the meditation experience *much* easier to access and a much easier habit to keep up.

Some say that after a few months, you've learned all you can and others say that you can keep going with them indefinitely. I think both sides of the debate have their virtues. For instance, I don't experience mandalas anymore, but when I used goggles, the mandalas were common. I'm not sure if there's a real benefit to seeing them or not but I bet there would be some sort of brain growth that one would get with them.

I was most active with the technology from 88-92 but I've checked in recently with them and it seems to be the same thing still.

I feel pretty inclined to purchase one. If not only for my own explorations, for my family members who lack meditation practice - this seems like a good bridge.

Combine this baby with Chi Nei Tsang and Tan Tien breathing? Inner alchemy? Could be a winning combo!sirius_woman.jpg

Edited by GrandTrinity

Their ok. Like anything learn from them and move on. Bi naural frequencies have known effects of synronizing left/right hemispheres, etc.

A full sensory deprivation chamber would be nice too.

... or meditating in a cave.

Spectrum

Consider that the bi-naural beats are replicating certain sounds that do take place naturally under specific circumstances, giving warrent to exploring those sounds under meditative circumstances, for instance some of Mozarts violin compositions produce bi-naural beats. One might wonder what the voice of a babbling brook speaks about. The nature of sound can offer many insights into the unseen.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Sign in to follow this