To abandon "society" "civilization"

To live naturally

Everything has a price

What is left?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Ah sweet sweet Utopia.

Motherland to us all.

:-)

I quite like mountains, only to look at mind you. Wouldn't fancy climbing up one.

Have been up a couple on cable cars out in Austria, that was nice. lovely views from the top..

• Like 1

To roam freely ... inexhaustible flying legs are needed.

To abandon "society" "civilization" ...we must cut our roots: since we are born in society's womb, civilization is our mother. Who dares to abandon his mother?

To live naturally... we have to learn how to do it, from people who can do it. Who are them?

Everything has a price... and no tax receipt.

What is left?

• Like 1

The survivalists seem to have the market cornered in getting away from it all in the west.

Out in India one came across older people who had walked away from life to embrace the mendicant holy person path.

Down in Vrindaban I came across another group of reluctant holy-mendicants. Youngish and not so young widows thrown out of doors by their late husband's families and left to fend for themselves. There are hundreds of them down there.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Right you are :)

I was thinking if I have to "work to survive" I may as well do it in style haha / be cool to find a few adventurous others and go walkabout

Though I kind of have this image in likeness to the village in the movie "The Last Samurai"

Or other idealistic village settings before the industrial revolution I suppose.

ahaha

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

Idyllic village life is never so idyllic once you live amongst it and begin to see the ripples beneath the superficially calm surface.

Have a Google around 'Utopian Communities'.

We moved here to the 'Heart of Rural England' (it says that on the roadsigns) six years ago from the grim and gritty northern industrial wastelands.

It is truly 'picture postcard' beautiful and yet if anything there are slightly more social problems per capita than where we came from.

Up north they tend to go out on Friday and Saturday nights, get royally pissed, have a fight and then go home.

Round here many sit in lovely homes in splendid isolation, drinking themselves into a stupor and weeping. Every feckin' night some of the 'poor' beggars. The knock on effect of the downsides of affluent rural isolation carries through into their kids whose anger is palpable.

• Like 2

The villages in the mountains seem strange to me. Rural flatlands the people are spread out and have land, even in villages people have yards and space. But in mountains people live all clumped up in the holler. I grew up near Appalachia so some came from poor people and miners, but have noticed people clumped up even in more affluent communities in the Rockies. I would not want to live in mountain village, want to live on the mountain.

Edited by zanshin

Topography shapes attitude sometimes.

Villagers up in the hills look down with suspicion and disdain on the 'lowlanders' whilst the 'highlanders' are dismissed as thieving untrustworthy cattle rustlers by the lowlanders.

Well in Scotland anyway.

Just remember:

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

Chop wood, carry water; attain enlighenment; chop water carry wood.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this