grady

Shaolin Yijinjing Gengmenpai qigong seminar with Dr. Jiang Feng in China, Spring 2013.

Hello,

Well where do I start!? I flew over to China at the end of Feb this year having watched the videos on youtube of Jiang Shifu and seeing Grady's advertisement for the seminar online. I've practiced Chinese martial arts on and off since my early teens (more offs than ons!) having done most of my training in Taiji forms. I've also done a tiny bit of breathing and meditation during that time but as I've gotten older my interest and personal understanding in energy has become a big influence on my way of life and thinking.

Many people thought I was a nutter going to central China to meet someone I'd met on a forum online to pay a few thousand dollars to start learning something I'd seen in a video on youtube. Who knows if they are for real? What might happen to me?

Well, an inspiring, life-affirming, thought-changing, true friend-making, health changing, "electric-like" (tongue.png) experience is what I brought home with me. I got what I went for and a hell of a lot more.

The displays of "Fa Gong" were incredible. I can't add much more to what has already been said but it's not everyday you see/ feel this kind of power. The experiences I did not expect were the empowerment and a demonstration given by Jiang Shifu. These left me speechless to say the least.

Another huge highlight of this trip was the medicine. Watching the diagnosis and the treatment of so many patients was unreal. The medicine I took seemed to have an incredible effect on my body. If you ever attend these seminars, I cannot stress how important it is that you take the medicine recommended if you need it. Expensive? Maybe, depending on your view. Personally I think nothing on this trip was expensive relative to what it is.

It was such an honour to attend the opening of the hospital. I felt that I was witnessing the start of something truly special in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Along with my friends representing America and Canadacool.png.

Jiang Shifu has got to be one of the most inspiring, incredible people in the world. Immense power driven by nothing but compassion. What a dream for him and this family to realize. I thank him for his kindness, his patience, and humility. A truly awe-inspiring master. I wish him all the best in the running of the hospital and hope to meet him and the family in the Yellow Mountains again soon.

Of course, none of this was possible without the wonderful Grady. Reliable, straight forward, kind. Grady is an excellent teacher. The "risk" I took in going over to China is nothing compared to the sacrifice he has made to pursue this knowledge in a land so far from his home. In my opinion, you will not get this knowledge anywhere else in the English language, in a western format, for such a reasonable amount of money. You just won't. Thank you Grady for everything you have done and are continuing to do.

I didn't think I would make such good friends during the trip and have so much banter. Grady and the boys have known each other for years but took me in and treated me like a younger brother. From Mangoes to medicine. I will never forget ten of the most amazing days of my life. And I hope to return again soon.

I hope this helps with some insight into the China seminars.

Much Love x

• Like 2

The displays of "Fa Gong" were incredible. I can't add much more to what has already been said but it's not everyday you see/ feel this kind of power. The experiences I did not expect were the empowerment and a demonstration given by Jiang Shifu. These left me speechless to say the least.

Another huge highlight of this trip was the medicine. Watching the diagnosis and the treatment of so many patients was unreal. The medicine I took seemed to have an incredible effect on my body. If you ever attend these seminars, I cannot stress how important it is that you take the medicine recommended if you need it. Expensive? Maybe, depending on your view. Personally I think nothing on this trip was expensive relative to what it is.

Could you elaborate on these? :o

This brings up a very good topic, namely that ethics surrounding the development and display of various "special abilities", and their proper value in the context of a given tradition whose ultimate goal is either "immortality" or "enlightenment".

It's certainly true that the vast majority of people who don't display their "powers" don't do so because they don't have them, plain and simple.

These are very often the people who protest the most vociferously that such abilities do not exist at all, or perhaps more insidiously claim that the powers represent a deviation off the "main path" as opposed to a natural result of accurate & successful practice.

These people are of course required to either very inconveniently ignore the multitude of written accounts of such powers displayed by the founders of said tradition, be it Milarepa or Siddartha himself for the Buddhists, folks like Zhang Sanfeng and Zhang Daoling and Lu Dongbin for the Taoists, Jesus along with his disciples and all the saints for the Christians, etc, or at the very least to claim that these accounts represent hagiography and not history.

I fully admit to being attracted to a path which purports to provide a series of objective manifestations by which one can evaluate one's progress. Indeed it always struck me as more than a bit odd this idea that one could become truly "enlightened" or even "immortal", without undergoing a series of fundamental changes in one's body-mind, changes which consisted of a great deal more than alterations to one's own subjective perception.

My own master has asked me on more than one occasion why Western seekers after these things are so often, for lack of a better word, so gullible. It's as if otherwise reasonable people completely abandon their skepticism when confronted with an asian wrapped in robes claiming vast power that in his enlightened wisdom he chooses, conveniently, not to use. It boggles the mind.

In the very practical Chinese mind of my teacher, and frankly in my skeptical Western mind as well, a "master" who can not provide at least the most basic *objective* evidence of his mastery is no master at all.

Thanks Grady. I find this a fresh perspective.

It's one thing to constructively display the skills that the work bestows, its yet another to abuse/flaunt them.

Congratulations on your recent attainment, it sounds like you have found a great system and teacher to work with.

May the force be with you always. :)

I cannot in all honesty adequately predict how long it will take any individual to achieve this level. With proper empowerment, a healthy body-mind, and diligent, *correct* practice, this level can be achieved in a few years time. That's how long it took me.

"Yin-yang-gong" and "electric chi"...

Is Master Jiang Feng a Taoist Immortal like Master John Chang?

How about you?

In Mo Pai, after Fusion, you can take all your yang chi with you after death, therefore you can preserve your conscious personality, escape rebirth and so you can be considered a Taoist Immortal.

So with Master Jiang's system you can achieve this level "in a few years"?

Edited by Dorian Black

"Yin-yang-gong" and "electric chi"...

Is Master Jiang Feng a Taoist Immortal like Master John Chang?

How about you?

In Mo Pai, after Fusion, you can take all your yang chi with you after death, therefore you can preserve your conscious personality, escape rebirth and so you can be considered a Taoist Immortal.

So with Master Jiang's system you can achieve this level "in a few years"?

The Mopai way is not the only way to do things.

Yes, it is possible with the aid of someone with the capability and, perhaps more importantly, *willingness*, to help your open & close certain points, etc. to emit the electric-like ZhenQi ("true qi") without having completed the process of what Mopai calls "yin-yang gong" (this is not what we call it). I know because I have done it, more than once. It's what I somewhat humorously like to call the "training wheels stage".

As for whether Jiang is an "immortal" in the sense you describe: my understanding of the theory of our family's neigong is that on this point we are essentially in agreement with that which is commonly understood in the West in regards to Mopai training, i.e. that once you have the level of dantian development and control over the gates of the body that you can emit the ZhenQi on your own, with no help at all, then yes, you can "take your yang qi with you" and are freed from the cycle. In Chinese Chan buddhism this is the equivalent to achieving the status of a 罗汉 LuoHan ("arhat"). Now if you asked him if he was a 仙 Xian "immortal" he would say no, because he defines that word differently that you are doing now.

As for whether I am in immortal in the above or any other sense: no, I don't believe so, not yet. :)

As for how long it takes to achieve certain things: the student of Shifu's who achieved the fastest, who started the training *after* puberty, is one of my Chinese older brother students who achieved in four year's time. That being said, he had an above-average foundation before he began proper neigong training (having spent several years as a celibate Chan monk, etc.).

Edited by grady
  • Like 1