grady

Shaolin Yijinjing Gengmenpai qigong seminar with Dr. Jiang Feng in China, Spring 2013.

Dr. Jiang has permitted me to begin to organize a subsequent seminar here in mainland China for those interested in formal empowerment and instruction in our qigong method as early as March, 2013.

If you are not familiar with Shifu you might find it instructive to peruse the following discussion here on Taobums: http://thetaobums.co...-november-2012/

I would prefer to arrange things as early as possible within the month of March, particularly given how late Chinese New Year will fall this year and also given that tourist season in this part of the country goes into full swing by April 1st, but we do have some flexibility.

I invite those sincerely interested either in this seminar in particular or our Yijinjing art in general to PM me directly, and I will point you in the direction of our private forum where we are in the process of discussing the details (dates, tuition, etc.).

Once again I should be able to open this up free of charge to those who are interested in coming solely for diagnosis and potential treatment by Shifu, either for pre-existing medical conditions or simply for those looking to take their health & vitality to the next level.

This time the seminar location will likely be in the immediate vicinity of Shifu's new 100+ bed hospital (focusing on pre-Cultural Revolution traditional Chinese medicine, to be distinguished from modern TCM) which is currently under construction in the Yellow Mountain district.

Best to all,

Grady

Edited by leandro

Yeah I heard that a certain someone got a pretty big attainment recently. browse.php?u=%2BnjcJxwL9rIp4m8xaPn27%2FLGNSUyFjGpiFYwQJGVHfN%2BACXH6Addh3%2BotmNw6ELyAdvUo3LnJ93ORw%3D%3D&b=5

Hi Guys, What seminar do you mean, I thought the Seminar was not until March ? Can you please explain about the big attainment and what this special someone achieved.More to the point. Somebody here mentioned Jim Mcmillan of the Mopai Lineage was very very sick. Do you think Dr Jiang could heal Jim free of charge. It would do wonders for his publicity by healing a high level student of John Changs.Regards,

Hi Guys, What seminar do you mean, I thought the Seminar was not until March ? Can you please explain about the big attainment and what this special someone achieved.More to the point. Somebody here mentioned Jim Mcmillan of the Mopai Lineage was very very sick. Do you think Dr Jiang could heal Jim free of charge. It would do wonders for his publicity by healing a high level student of John Changs.Regards,

The man is building a hospital. Not to say he shouldn't heal Jim but he doesn't need any publicity.

• Like 1

He is referring to the seminar which was just completed. The upcoming seminar will likely be in March, but is not confirmed

yet.

The attainment referred to is the most basic manifestation of what we call the ZhenQi 真气 "true/real qi", the "electric-like qi" if you prefer, which thanks to my Shifu's compassion I recently demonstrated on some Western guests for the first time.

As for Mr. McMillan I am not privy to what sort of health problems he may be having.

I continue to bring people to Shifu for diagnosis free of charge, and these days I'm not that hard to get in touch with.

• Like 1

He is referring to the seminar which was just completed. The upcoming seminar will likely be in March, but is not confirmed

yet.

The attainment referred to is the most basic manifestation of what we call the ZhenQi 真气 "true/real qi", the "electric-like qi" if you prefer, which thanks to my Shifu's compassion I recently demonstrated on some Western guests for the first time.

As for Mr. McMillan I am not privy to what sort of health problems he may be having.

I continue to bring people to Shifu for diagnosis free of charge, and these days I'm not that hard to get in touch with.

You did that within 2 yrs right?? Awesome! That's the level 4mo pai equivalent?

Edited by h.uriahr

Honestly I'm a bit disgusted by why everyone has to compare every single thing around here to mopai, or how people try to market themselves and their practices to look like it. It's okay if people are not John Chang or have "electric chi" or can set shit on fire. I would respect people and their lineages more if they just tell things as they are, and also for people to understand that different practices give different results, sensations, and experiences.

Not everyone is going to get the same thing everywhere, nor is it expected, but when people insist on comparing themselves to one thing as the "grand standard", and possibly even marketing themselves as such, then you are going to lose out big time on both the intricacies and the subtleties of any particular practice, and in case of a group, obviously it cares more about marketing itself than actually being for what it is itself. I think people can agree with me when I say that this has been seen time and time again in the TaoBums in different forms..

Of course, no accusations are being made against any particular person or group of people here. But I think that those who have eyes that can see will be able to see these things when and where they happen.

• Like 3

yet.

Congratulations I wish you the best and i hope you continue to progress.

Im sure you've read about his lineage. You know that he has the "zhenqi" attainment. This attainment is a big deal in this lineage. He started training in 2010 if not mistaken. If this is the case then he has made it in 2 yrs. The only other "comparison" I have to go by, level wise, is the mo pai. If this is all true then this lineage may be something worth looking at....

Honestly I'm a bit disgusted by why everyone has to compare every single thing around here to mopai, or how people try to market themselves and their practices to look like it. It's okay if people are not John Chang or have "electric chi" or can set shit on fire. I would respect people and their lineages more if they just tell things as they are, and also for people to understand that different practices give different results, sensations, and experiences.

Not everyone is going to get the same thing everywhere, nor is it expected, but when people insist on comparing themselves to one thing as the "grand standard", and possibly even marketing themselves as such, then you are going to lose out big time on both the intricacies and the subtleties of any particular practice, and in case of a group, obviously it cares more about marketing itself than actually being for what it is itself. I think people can agree with me when I say that this has been seen time and time again in the TaoBums in different forms..

Of course, no accusations are being made against any particular person or group of people here. But I think that those who have eyes that can see will be able to see these things when and where they happen.

If the master cannot or will not demonstrate his power, Then see you later, im outta there. I have no time for Lineages that only talk

• Like 1

If the master cannot or will not demonstrate his power, Then see you later, im outta there. I have no time for Lineages that only talk

Palpatine-Force-Lightning.jpg

This is my master demonstrating his power. Our lineage is old and goes back many generations. Will you join us?

• Like 1

browse.php?u=NvY2QiHaQBjhvzrEmRcYyR4sVlv9IN5y7o9tRVhnPp4vq9FbDhIrYxKm8odehPEw5ZVQIBiq%2BBtsZKJjPOTFx5kp%2BEti&b=5

This is my master demonstrating his power. Our lineage is old and goes back many generations. Will you join us?

There no need to be childish about it. Im just telling you how i work

Is this Master Jiang Fengs Yijinjing system the same as described in Yang Jwing-Mings book only deeper?

Edited by Shagrath

This brings up a very good topic, namely that ethics surrounding the development and display of various "special abilities", and their proper value in the context of a given tradition whose ultimate goal is either "immortality" or "enlightenment".

It's certainly true that the vast majority of people who don't display their "powers" don't do so because they don't have them, plain and simple.

These are very often the people who protest the most vociferously that such abilities do not exist at all, or perhaps more insidiously claim that the powers represent a deviation off the "main path" as opposed to a natural result of accurate & successful practice.

These people are of course required to either very inconveniently ignore the multitude of written accounts of such powers displayed by the founders of said tradition, be it Milarepa or Siddartha himself for the Buddhists, folks like Zhang Sanfeng and Zhang Daoling and Lu Dongbin for the Taoists, Jesus along with his disciples and all the saints for the Christians, etc, or at the very least to claim that these accounts represent hagiography and not history.

I fully admit to being attracted to a path which purports to provide a series of objective manifestations by which one can evaluate one's progress. Indeed it always struck me as more than a bit odd this idea that one could become truly "enlightened" or even "immortal", without undergoing a series of fundamental changes in one's body-mind, changes which consisted of a great deal more than alterations to one's own subjective perception.

My own master has asked me on more than one occasion why Western seekers after these things are so often, for lack of a better word, so gullible. It's as if otherwise reasonable people completely abandon their skepticism when confronted with an asian wrapped in robes claiming vast power that in his enlightened wisdom he chooses, conveniently, not to use. It boggles the mind.

In the very practical Chinese mind of my teacher, and frankly in my skeptical Western mind as well, a "master" who can not provide at least the most basic *objective* evidence of his mastery is no master at all.

Edited by leandro
  • Like 1

Is this Master Jiang Fengs Yijinjing system the same as described in Yang Jwing-Mings book only deeper?

I perused Yang's book quite a few years ago, and based on my admittedly sketchy memory of its content I would say that no, what we do is very, very different.

Edited by leandro
  • Like 1

Dates for the spring seminar are confirmed, February 24th - March 3rd, 2013.

I am particularly delighted to announce that these dates overlap with grand opening of Shifu's new hospital in Yellow Mountain, and he has invited us to attend the ceremony as his personal guests, which is quite an honor.

Shifu has also permitted me to shave the seminar length down to 8 days from 10, no less, in an effort to assist those of us with tighter scedules.

Consequently the tuition for those interested in being formally initiated and beginning training in our Gengmenpai method has been reduced to reflect the slightly abbreviated seminar format.

Of course those who are interested in coming for diagnosis and potentially for treatment are invited completely free of charge.

Once again I am limiting this seminar to 10 people.

If you are interested in attending please PM me directly for instructions on how to access our private forum where we will be discussing the details.

Best to all in their search,

Grady

Edited by leandro

I really didn't know what I wanted to touch on when I wrote about my time this past November with Shifu and Grady. I thought "Maybe I should go in-depth about how the locals from the area were in awe of seeing a real-life black person, not to mention, with dreads!!!". I also thought "Maybe I should talk about how 'Chinese customer service' is an oxymoron coming from the customer service we are accustom to in the states." There are many different stories I could tell about my mini adventure in the far east but seeing as though this forum was created to discuss "Shaolin Yijinjing Gengmenpai" I figured "Hell I won't bore the readers with all the craziness I dealt with and get right to the 'meat and potatoes'".

As Grady has stated on this forum, before you can begin practicing/training your health must first be evaluated. You see, if your not in pristine or at least close to pristine condition you will not be able to progress as quickly as one should when you begin practicing/training. So that is where I shall begin with my experience

smiley.png

When Grady brought me to Shifu for my evaluation, it was quite simple....straight to the point. The meridians were checked and then a diagnosis was given. After that, the "electric like qi" was administered to help remove some blockages that were found. *Side note* I know there are some people (really only one person and some skeptics who side with him) who have said that Dr. Feng uses some type of hidden machinery to produce this very tangible energy. Im here to tell you this is just not the case. I know this because not only did I experience some of the brother students Qi, but I also experienced Grady's! Thats significant because I had been with Grady the entire time...saw him barefoot and all, and even he was able to produce this energy. It wasn't quite as strong as some of the brother students, but its still quite and achievement since everybody else there had been practicing for many moons longer than he. Grady's description was an accurate one, it feels like grabbing an electric fence

shocked.gif

. It wasn't painful as one may imagine being electrocuted may feel, but it was just as intense as I would imagine a powerful electric current surging through my body would be! Anyway, after the qi was passed into me it became apparent that I had a blockage. They then did some blood cupping to show me the stagnant energy in a more tangible way. After that I was prescribed some of Shifu's "special medicine", which like some have said can be quite expensive, and I was made to eat it and return at a later time to see what changes had occurred with my health. Long story short, I came back at the time specified and....ALL WAS WELL

cool.pnggrin.png

!! Then we began practicing

smiley.png

Of course I can't go into detail about what we do to cultivate this energy, but I can tell you that its not for the weak-willed! It is physically, not to mention mentally, strenuous work. Your probably not going to want to have to do this kind of work everyday. But as Grady has shared with me, its the consistency of the practice that makes the whole thing come together. Im motivated to keep moving forward because I've witnessed what a few years of practice can do..i.e. Grady blasting me with Qi lol. So experiencing that motivates me to utilize what I have been taught on the daily basis until I too can produce this tangible, electric-like-Qi.

Shifu and the brother students were very down to earth people. I did not get a sense of them feeling as if they were superior in anyway! Grady is an excellent, excellent, (did I say excellent?), EXCELLENT teacher. I can't thank him enough for how detailed he was when he gave me the whole deal. He was very patient and kind and I truly appreciated it.

I was there for 10 days and we practiced two times a day for about 6-7 days. To those of you who go in February know that he is pushing you because it is necessary! I still hear his words when i practice today lol.

Celibacy....well.....it sucks lol. But its necessary! My advice, get your girl friend to see the John Chang video and possibly some Dragon Ball Z or something and then say "Babe, If we stop having sex for a little while (its not a little while

cry.gif

...) then I can do stuff like that too! Our sex life will even be better!!" Thats what I did..it softened the blow a little.

Thats about it....I had a long flight back to North Carolina and I was happy to come back to the states! Any questions just post and I'll be glad to answer what I can. Much love, peace!

• Like 4

Thanks for your report.

It seems like you think everything is legit? There were some people who posted here in the past who said they got a bad vibe from some of the people around Jiang.

How long did they tell you that you needed to be celibate? How many hours do you have to practice each day?

How long did they tell you it would take to be able to achieve the yin-yang gong / do the electric qi thing?

Have you done any kind of Chinese qigong before? if so was what you learned similar or very different?

thanks,

PROCLUS

I really didn't know what I wanted to touch on when I wrote about my time this past November with Shifu and Grady. I thought "Maybe I should go in-depth about how the locals from the area were in awe of seeing a real-life black person, not to mention, with dreads!!!". I also thought "Maybe I should talk about how 'Chinese customer service' is an oxymoron coming from the customer service we are accustom to in the states." There are many different stories I could tell about my mini adventure in the far east but seeing as though this forum was created to discuss "Shaolin Yijinjing Gengmenpai" I figured "Hell I won't bore the readers with all the craziness I dealt with and get right to the 'meat and potatoes'".

As Grady has stated on this forum, before you can begin practicing/training your health must first be evaluated. You see, if your not in pristine or at least close to pristine condition you will not be able to progress as quickly as one should when you begin practicing/training. So that is where I shall begin with my experience

smiley.png

When Grady brought me to Shifu for my evaluation, it was quite simple....straight to the point. The meridians were checked and then a diagnosis was given. After that, the "electric like qi" was administered to help remove some blockages that were found. *Side note* I know there are some people (really only one person and some skeptics who side with him) who have said that Dr. Feng uses some type of hidden machinery to produce this very tangible energy. Im here to tell you this is just not the case. I know this because not only did I experience some of the brother students Qi, but I also experienced Grady's! Thats significant because I had been with Grady the entire time...saw him barefoot and all, and even he was able to produce this energy. It wasn't quite as strong as some of the brother students, but its still quite and achievement since everybody else there had been practicing for many moons longer than he. Grady's description was an accurate one, it feels like grabbing an electric fence

shocked.gif

. It wasn't painful as one may imagine being electrocuted may feel, but it was just as intense as I would imagine a powerful electric current surging through my body would be! Anyway, after the qi was passed into me it became apparent that I had a blockage. They then did some blood cupping to show me the stagnant energy in a more tangible way. After that I was prescribed some of Shifu's "special medicine", which like some have said can be quite expensive, and I was made to eat it and return at a later time to see what changes had occurred with my health. Long story short, I came back at the time specified and....ALL WAS WELL

cool.pnggrin.png

!! Then we began practicing

smiley.png

Of course I can't go into detail about what we do to cultivate this energy, but I can tell you that its not for the weak-willed! It is physically, not to mention mentally, strenuous work. Your probably not going to want to have to do this kind of work everyday. But as Grady has shared with me, its the consistency of the practice that makes the whole thing come together. Im motivated to keep moving forward because I've witnessed what a few years of practice can do..i.e. Grady blasting me with Qi lol. So experiencing that motivates me to utilize what I have been taught on the daily basis until I too can produce this tangible, electric-like-Qi.

Shifu and the brother students were very down to earth people. I did not get a sense of them feeling as if they were superior in anyway! Grady is an excellent, excellent, (did I say excellent?), EXCELLENT teacher. I can't thank him enough for how detailed he was when he gave me the whole deal. He was very patient and kind and I truly appreciated it.

I was there for 10 days and we practiced two times a day for about 6-7 days. To those of you who go in February know that he is pushing you because it is necessary! I still hear his words when i practice today lol.

Celibacy....well.....it sucks lol. But its necessary! My advice, get your girl friend to see the John Chang video and possibly some Dragon Ball Z or something and then say "Babe, If we stop having sex for a little while (its not a little while

cry.gif

...) then I can do stuff like that too! Our sex life will even be better!!" Thats what I did..it softened the blow a little.

Thats about it....I had a long flight back to North Carolina and I was happy to come back to the states! Any questions just post and I'll be glad to answer what I can. Much love, peace!

Tigo doesn't seem to be around, so I'm going to step in and respond to this. :)

How long did they tell you that you needed to be celibate?

The 百日筑基 BaiRiZhuJi "100 days to build the foundation" applies, but it's really more about quality of celibacy than quantity.

Also I ask for a period of celibacy before the seminar.

How many hours do you have to practice each day?

During the seminar we had two lecture sessions per day and two practice sessions per day, with the practice sessions themselves lasting from 1-2 hours.

After the seminar you need to practice every day to make adequate progress. Twice a day is better.

How long did they tell you it would take to be able to achieve the yin-yang gong / do the electric qi thing?

I cannot in all honesty adequately predict how long it will take any individual to achieve this level. With proper empowerment, a healthy body-mind, and diligent, *correct* practice, this level can be achieved in a few years time. That's how long it took me.

Have you done any kind of Chinese qigong before? if so was what you learned similar or very different?

I can't answer this on behalf of Tigo, but I can speak for myself: I've been involved in Chinese martial arts & Chinese qigong since I was a teenager, and Dr. Jiang's method was very different than anything I had learned previously, and despite being couched in the same general traditional Chinese terminology as other Chinese cultivation systems to which I had been exposed, the meaning of the same terminology within the context of his system has sometimes proved to be quite different.

Edited by leandro
  • Like 1

I'm pleased to announce that Shifu's new website is up and running.

apricotforesthospital.com

It's still pretty basic, but in the future I'll be translating several of Shifu's articles on different topics (medicine, Buddhism, qigong, martial arts, etc.) and making them available here.

Information about future seminars and clinics will also be available here.

Because in the past unscrupulous people have created websites, facebook pages, youtube accounts & email accounts using Shifu's name and likeness in order to defraud people, I feel it important to emphasize that this website is currently the *only* official website both for the hospital and for Dr. Jiang personally.

Best,

Grady

• Like 3

After a bittersweet parting the day before yesterday, our Spring 2013 seminar has finally drawn to a close.

Every one of these seminars is different, and while the fall seminar offered slightly more in the way of personal one-on-one contact with Shifu, this particular seminar offered far more in terms of the opportunity to witness qigong phenomena not just from Shifu, but from several of the uncles and brother students as well.

Perhaps most noteworthy was the demonstration of the emission of the electric-like zhenqi 真气 ("true qi") by a handful of Shifu's long-time Romanian students (following the opening of important acupoints by one of the uncle or brother students), most of whom have been traveling to China three or four times a year to receive corrections and LianGongDan 练功丹, the so-called "practice pills", since 2006. I consider it the most important as it shows that we Westerners truly are capable of making real progress in this art.

Uncle Jiang (same surname as Shifu but not a blood relation) undertook the initiation/empowerment of over 30 students performed in a single session, powering through the procedure while barely taking the time to towel himself off, a tremendous display.

Shifu amongst other things demonstrated the "injection" of qi into the bottles of water bought by two of our seminar attendees, essentially the same procedure he uses to "activate" certain herbal medicines, and which turns the water exceptionally sweet.

Many of Shifu's old patients showed up to support the opening of the hospital, including a lympatic cancer patient in full remission, a young victim of a traumatic stroke who has recovered from fully 95% of his paralysis with over 50% decreases in the size of his brain lesions since beginning Shifu's treatments, and a family of four Western medical professionals trained in Europe & the United States (a surgeon, an internist, a pharmacist, and a nurse) all of whom place their health under Shifu's care.

Personally I could not have been prouder of our three seminar participants from abroad, two of whom I first met on my own first trip to China to meet Shifu, and all of whom pursued this sometimes challenging practice with genuine intensity and determination, including not complaining when I woke them up at midnight to come outside and train under the stars in the cold mountain air.wink.png

Future seminars like these will be at Shifu's discretion - the hospital will take up large portions of his time, and I am not yet qualified to teach people without his supervision. As things progress I will keep everyone informed, but right now it looks distinctly like there will not be another seminar like for another six months or so, perhaps as early as the second half of August.

Best,
-Grady

• Like 2