Sign in to follow this  
deci belle

Tale of two heavens

This came up recently in a thread started by someone wondering about prior and later heaven.

These terms refer to the diverging point of return as well as the point of bifurcation of the two things in the aftermath of creation.

It could also refer to the psychological and nonspychological realms— it really doesn't matter.

Actually (and this is really why I have decided to address this issue) because of Chi Dragon's literalist treatment of the characters, he came to the the perplexing (his) conclusion that there shouldn't have to be a differentiation between earlier and latter heavens.

In my initial response to that thread, I stated that there really is no difference between the two heavens in reality right now. But since I don't have to work with the symbols, characters, words, images or meanings myself— I might as well be from another planet when I use plain english to state the obvious (to me).

So even though the literalist's words themselves point to the truth of the meaning inherent in the selfless intent of the real, it is inconceivable that there are two heavens. That would be due to the fact that IT IS INCONCEIVABLE.

Plain as day the open secret blazes through your skull lifetime after lifetime and you don't see it even when you mouth the words with your own lips.

If you know but cannot act on it— this is the same as not knowing. In Chi Dragon's case, this is something that happens even if a preeminent intellect (no one I know) can grasp the inconceivable as an intellectual concept with clarity in order to understand it. In Chi's case, he can't understand it. Only a buddha can understand not-understanding.

But the fact is, as a matter of quantum physics, there is no understanding inconceivability without changing it unless one's experience includes nonoriginated nonbeing— in other words, unless you are the same as the transcendental enlightened quality itself. Though nothing is gained by complete thoroughgoing enlightenment, in its wake, the evolutionary efflorescence of freed potential becomes a game-changer. That's why I refer to it as the End Game.

It's not a matter of figuring it out— it's a matter of seeing it as it is. There is no amount of mental gymnastics that will enable arrival and entry into the inconceivable. The Changeless is itself the Causeless, and to make matters even more juicy, there is that which lies beyond the tao.

My schtick avec Le Chi predates our involvements with this forum. I have always encouraged his contributions to the Translation Section, but outside that distinct application of his talents …I'm not so encouraging~ simply because of his white-knuckled penchant for clinging to the word.

Heaven has long been a code-word for the psychological. But heaven is also the creative. The bum who started the thread about the difference between the two heavens also mentioned the process of training the later-heaven, which he stated was a yin process. This is correct. Alchemy is none other than the process of neutralizing the power of conscious psychological awareness with the power of nonpsychological awareness; then getting rid of that too in order to enter the tao in reality. Clinging to either one is delusion and has no advantage in spite of any imagined distinction.

The Classic On Yin Convergence states, "People know the spirit as psychological, they do not know why the nonpsychological is spiritual." The Classic On Yin Convergence is probably the most ancient taoist document in extant. It opens with the line "Observe the way of Heaven, practice the action of Heaven. That is all."

I say "See Heaven in yourself, practice it in ordinary affairs".

Those with the will to enlightenment should search widely, penetrate deeply and question earnestly, seeking those imbued with the knowledge of Heaven.

ed note:add "— in other words, unless you are the same as the transcendental enlightened quality itself.", in the ninth paragraph; add penultimate word… haha!

Edited by deci belle

ooooooh! 3,269 posts in 400 days!! What virilitie et stamina~ muss has zat mans!!❤❤❤

Get a fuckin life.

ed note… add "Get a fuckin life."

Edited by deci belle

Sign in to follow this