Sign in to follow this  
Lozen

very negative clubbells experience

So if you break the knob off and work out until your grip fails (not advised)then the clubbell could fly out of your hand and be dangerous.

Not excactly a suprising conclusion.

IMO the design could be better for the price though.

Once in a gym an incline bench I was using broke when I had heavy dumbells so be careful around those benches Lozen. B) even though it wasnt a Sonnon bench.

Interesting timing... one of the kids around here has squirrelled away the knob of my club somewhere.

I agree, it could be a better design and it's a good idea to work out away from other people if you are really swinging them.

I have a club from Piedmont Design Associates. They hand-make these by welding steel together. Nothing falls apart with them. You can load olympic plates on them, and believe me the plates won't move! The only weakness is the lack of knurling on the grip, but I am sure they will add them if you want.

Either way, the most obvious danger is that the club flys out of your hand. Chalk may help, but I think clubbell training forces you to be VERY focused. Personally, I like club swinging, but have no room to swing. :(

Pretty soon I will take up Thai boxing with a friend, but I want to finish healing my internal organs which were getting into trouble from too much abuse of my body. They are almost fixed. Hooray! Anyway, the Thai gym is kettlebell crazy so I will start with them.

Really? why?

So I can enter the UFC in a few years and then Joe Rogan will talk about how cute I am in my Thai shorts.

I LOVE YOU JOE ROGAN!!! :P

No, seriously--I have taken a vow of celibacy until October and so I decided to keep myself busy with Thai boxing and I am going to take up playing drums again. Check this out:

Simple song, but I love it!

The cool thing is that my hips are opening up so I can play doubles with my left foot now, so my double bass is smoking. I used to be limited with my left foot but not anymore! I have also been tapping out rhythms leading with my left hand Simon Phillips style for a looooong time and this has opened up my creativity (uses right side of brain).

IMO the design could be better for the price though.

Once in a gym an incline bench I was using broke when I had heavy dumbells so be careful around those benches Lozen. B) even though it wasnt a Sonnon bench.

I bet he was behind it somehow. ;)

Sign in to follow this