dwai

Temple-style taiji

Those bums who pratice master waysun liao's temple style taiji please stand up (if you dont mind).

I'm curious as to how many here have learnt from either master liao himself or one of his senior students?

Yes spread the truth for many think that temple style is just about condensing breathing and jing when its a really deep and powerful system of tao cultivation.

Edited by templetao

When I first started studying taijiquan, I read The Essence of Tai Chi. I really liked his common sense approach to explaining some of the concepts. Other than that I have no experience with Master Liao's system.

Yes spread the truth for many think that temple style is just about condensing breathing and jing when its a really deep and powerful system of tao cultivation.

Yes templetao, it is a very effective system of tao cultivation. I find a lot of myth and rumors (fud) extant about master liao and his system on the web (perpetrated also due to the effects of one so-called student of his who purportedly teaches the "real deal").

I was hoping to exchange some views with fellow temple-stylists and build on some common concepts and ideas of the system and what is taught by various masters of master liao's system.

I know cifferent teachers hve different approaches. My teacher focuses on meditation and cultivation, though martial aspect is also taught, but depending on his students' predilections to a certain extent. Another teacher i know of focuses on both martial and cultivation...

As i get deeper into this system from outdoor to indoor, i find great depth which at times is at odds with a lot of other tai chi infomration out there (eg reading the tai chi magazine's latest issue on frme sizes in yang tai chi).

The way i was taught is thT frame size changes from middle to large to small and internal cultivation stengthens from middle to large to small frames as well....

I don't really want to go into details on an open topic but I can give you a general idea.

Martial application demo

Fa jing demo

Mother meditation

Flowing with chi

Lion Opens Mouth

I was also shown some very old footage of Liao doing jing demos

In addition I have Master Liao's long form instruction series plus some other DVDs

Real Method of Condensing and the 8 directions

Bowing and how to support the 8 directions

Advanced Charge Up and Drain Meditation

Temple Bows and how to charge up and look inside

I also have a few of his seminars in Florida plus a few other DVDs and books as well.

I actually started off with Gary Clymans material but started looking around and found my teacher in Florida.

• Like 1

I would also add that my teacher does a lot of push hands and martial application if someone is really interested but his main focus is spiritual advancement.

I remember when Hoffman told me that a taichi master is a vessel for the supreme ultimate. It was like everytime i spoke to him he told me something that made my jaw drop.

I remember when Hoffman told me that a taichi master is a vessel for the supreme ultimate. It was like everytime i spoke to him he told me something that made my jaw drop.

I assume he is this Sifu ? http://www.houseoftaichi.com/sifu-hoffmann/

Seems like you have a great teacher here, he has studied much of his life with Master Waysun Liao

I wonder if there are any teachers of Master Waysun Liao's style based in England?

Yes that is Him. He is a master like no other. In the terms of internal power he is a universe above me for I am no where close to him. he has been training in the true ascension path since before i was born.

Everything you have read that i have posted on this forum this man is beyond it.

Let me put it like this if i trained for a year straight in internal alchemy trying to increasing my internal power and trained 5hrs a day. After that year id still be no where close to him.

He is the type of master that you leave home to go find out about.

Ron Hoffman = High level Tao Master.

He has students all over the world. And alot of his students are taichi masters from other systems. - it's like that.