konchog uma

Hello again!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. My retreat was awesome, i made progress.

Lots of meditation.. about 8-10 hours a day. Lots of laughter and tears, lots of clarity

I met Dr Eva Wong too... we talked a little about yang chi/kundalini. She was there teaching Wudangshan five animals long form qigong to a bunch of students during the last week of the retreat.

Its good to be back. I could go on and on about dharma this and meditation that but all im going to tell you is that i spent a month with a bunch of sexy ladies and without my girlfriend, and i channelled my sexual energy up into my body and around and round every day so i didnt go crazy... so when i came home today my girlfriend pounced on me and we got right down to business, and my body was so used to channeling it that i had 4 internal orgasms! So theres an awesome lesson in there somewhere.

bless you all

• Like 4

hmm yes, good to know, let me write that down in my notebook since you think that's so important for us to know

and just to clarify, was it four pounced in a row or what? :D

Missing for a whole month, and all you can talk about upon return, after a spiritual retreat, is sex...

:D

w e l c o m e b a c k !

thanks everyone! So nice to feel the warmth here... :wub:

sinfest, im glad you understand the massive import of what i was trying to convey up there. For clarity's sake, it was one pounce.

CT, all tongue in cheek :)

lerner, details about the retreat, or the sex? lol

gatito, yes many awesome people. many young people, from all over america, made some awesome friends

since i have already provided TMI about the sex, i will stick to the retreat... it was wake up bell at 6:30, sit from 7 til 8, oryoki breakfast, sit from 9 to 12:30, often with a dharma talk thrown in, oryoki lunch, chores and/or break til 3:30, qigong and sit til 5, tea and snacks, sit from 5:30 to 6:30, oryoki dinner, sit from 7:30 til 9:30, lights out at 10:30... for 14 days, then a day off, during which i climbed Mt Willard in New Hampshire at Crawford Notch, and did some other hiking and ate some great thai food, then 14 more days of regimen. We had an Alexander Technique teacher there to do body work and posture alignment for two weeks, and the acharya who was leading the retreat was also a student of Eva Wong's and we learned some wudangshan forms of qigong.. one from a 17th gen lineage with a huge long name which i forget, and yi quan which is just 3rd gen and has a lot of zhan zhuang like wuji posture and holding the ball and stuff. The meditation was shamatha for the first week, then she introduced a vipassana technique and we could work with that.. there was also a more formless technique introduced which was like open eyed mahamudra or dzogchen. Just sitting there: no breath, no mind, no nothing. The meditation was in the shambhala buddhist tradition of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche and his son Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche... the center where it was held, Karme Choling, was founded by Trungpa in 1970 and was the first Tibetan buddhist meditation center in the US. Its where CTR was cremated in 1987, which we watched a video of one night, there were some pretty awesome signs in the sky.. a double rainbow and some things that looked like the aurora borealis.. amazing footage. I'm not a huge fan of CTR but i have come to accept him as a mahasiddha and the founder of the shambhala lineage in america.. He and suzuki roshi basically spearheaded dharma in america, which is no small feat whatsoever. I like Sakyong Mipham a lot better personally, but thats just me. He is the recognized reincarnation of Mipham the scholar and is considered to be a nirmanakaya deity emanation of Manjushri.. i did not know that before this retreat.

The land and property are so amazing... very healing. I was thinking about the place the second or third night i was there and all of a sudden in my mind i saw a flower of life (the 19 circles) flanked by two seeds of life, and they lit up like candles and from the center of every circle a spark of healing energy flew out! Something told me that that was the energy of Karme Choling as it was represented to my vision eye... it started working its magic the moment i arrived... i let go of so much heart stuff and had so many moments of ordinary magic. Everyone had very vivid dreams and premonitions and foreknowledges. My necklace broke about halfway through, and about 30 min before it did i saw it break in my mind. I should have taken it off and checked it out but i collected all the beads and i'll restring it. Anyway, thats some deets for you Michael and everyone else.. not a whole lot more to report... I don't like to talk about my meditation progress or experiences as a rule, but i made progress and had experiences! It was amazing

:)

• Like 5

thanks cat! and everyone, its so nice to have a group like taobums

i quit drinking caffeine on the first day of the retreat, and have been drinking herbal tea ever since. I feel so much better without all the up and down all day... holy wow. At first i had a headache from withdrawal and then i was drowsy for 3 days, but when that passed, i could wake up and be awake, without needing a cuppa! amazing! i could barely have conceived of it, i have drank caffeine so religiously for so long (for years i worked as a coffee and tea buyer)

SO much progress in so little time. This retreat was like compressing a half years worth of practice (at 1.5hrs per day every day) into 28 days...

I am sad now cause the magic is starting to fade, and while i was up there, i could really let go and have a totally open heart and let my emotions fly in the wind... now back in the city i can't be that open it hurts too much. Sad to subconsciously close off but thats what im doing :( Funny what the mind and heart filter for our own good

• Like 1