Lemon_Squeezy

Eye pain +acting frantic+ sore back =what exactly?

Hi,

I am experiencing the above symptoms, surprisingly, after I had reaced a level of strong energy, confidence and feeling "settled" due to chi kung training, and very little ruffled my feathers or got me anxious. I feel despondent now, since after a few weeks it all seems to have unravelled. I also feel so agitated and impatient to get back that level! I'm guessing this is normal, but my mind is so frantic it doesnt seeme to let me relax at times, and after chi kung now I just feel the nheed to sleep instead of "hell yeah I am so relaxed and swimming in chi".

I read recently that as you progress in your chi kung training, {chi} can bring up old blockages/pains as it clears the very root cause of yourr symptoms, so I'd love to believe that. So like Sherlock Holmes i want to solve this mystery :

Clues:

-above symuptoms, eyes are essuddenlyecially brusied {hurts just to type this}

-live in Australia so it is spring here atm {energy in the liver and a little in the kidney as the liver "roots" "pull" on it}

-prevoius frequent comptuer use

-tired easily

-sore legs/sometimes sore hips

-a little weight loss

-tendency for my mind to go off on tangetns

-finally, chinsee dr diagnosis a few months ago as, "low jing/weakened kidneys"

Some conclusions:

-Cause and effect mreans something must have happened recdntly for these sym to appear...it wouldn't just strike suddenly

-Weak kidneys + spring + excessive comp use = heat on liver and even heart, since if the liver is weak it will not support the heart by the mother- child rule. Weak heart could excplain frantic mind, especially without kindey water to keep it under control.

-I feel my spleen is strong, sinhce I work hard, don't worry too mucyh, and enjoy my food...so a therapy using spleen/lungs even? {Since lungs control the liver}

-No more sexual activity, until this is sorted *sigh*

Therapies:

-Eye massage from Stephan Chang's book of Self-Healing

-"Counting leaves"

-Get some Glasses for future computer use

-Therefore...eat more liver nourishing foods, lemons {hjooray!}, dark green leafy veg, carrot,... and clear heat somehow?

Thats all I can think of for now but I'm sure theres more, hoefully that don't take too much time in the day. Thanks for reading.

{apologies for any typos, eyes are too sore }

Maybe do kidney massage/hands on kidney area, with breathing gently (lungs), as a main qigong method for a while.

Eye tension, frantic thoughts...to me that indicates the monkey mind going wild. If you look at something calmly for 5 minutes each day, studying its every detail, not focusing on anything else, that should help calm you down immensely.

Edited by turtle shell

Weight loss is normal with QiGong. Why more people don't use it for that I can't understand. Beats weight watchers or any other diet regime hands down for losing unwanted weight does QiGong.

Your other symptoms are such that I'd say, see your doctor for a check up just to be on the safe side.

There are very few negative physical side effects from cultivating QiGong. Some with underpinning psychological or psychosomatic factors might be better not to cultivate. We always ask about those , it's on our class enrolment form; and recommend anyone with such to secure medical approval prior to joining class. If they then choose not to do so we are still covered by our insurance.

This just occurred to me this morning, so I can't really vouch for it yet...but if you have liver/gallbladder problems - it may also be very important to be asleep by 11 PM latest (of course, by 9 or earlier even better).

organclock.jpg

TCM-organmeridianclock1.gif

Meridian-Clock.gif

During sleep, Chi is drawn inward to restore the body. This phase is completed between 1 and 3 am when the liver cleanses the blood and performs a myriad of functions that set the stage for the Chi to move outward again.
So, if you are not asleep by this time, you are not allowing your body to naturally heal itself using its own qi.

Just relax. Concentrate on One-Point (Dan Tian). Breathe in from the nose very slowly and breathe out from mouth with a barely audible sound of "haaa". Deep long breaths from abdomen. Do not press your tongue to upper palate etc. Your blood circulation and qi circulation will be restored. 10 - 20 minutes every day. Better in a standing position but not necessary. Focus on One-Point.

I agree with Gerard's advices.

Yin deficiency:

2. Sitting / standing and walking meditation - on ground / earth / grass barefooted under a tree or hugging a tree.

Thanks so much all for your information, I feel incredibly positive about what can happen. I will choose to try each of these things suggested, starting with things that feel the best for me and my situationh. So I wll start with recep and gerard your suggestions.

Also, turutle shell your summary made sense about the monkey mind, thanks. monkey is also the chinese year I was born {unlucky}.

No-one commented on the diet suggestions but I suspect thats a g ood thing.

Questions:

I must admit being skinny already its hard to dive in for a 10-day fast, I someone talikng from experience, can I regain the weight lost?

I find it difficutl to take a deep AND long breath from the abdomen without wanting to force it. What is the best method of abdomen breathing, occassionally trying for deeper breaths or, maintaining gentleness and "it will come"?

Edited by Lemon_Squeezy

Thanks so much all for your information, I feel incredibly positive about what can happen. I will choose to try each of these things suggested, starting with things that feel the best for me and my situationh. So I wll start with recep and gerard your suggestions.

Also, turutle shell your summary made sense about the monkey mind, thanks. monkey is also the chinese year I was born {unlucky}.

No-one commented on the diet suggestions but I suspect thats a g ood thing.

Questions:

I must admit being skinny already its hard to dive in for a 10-day fast, I someone talikng from experience, can I regain the weight lost?

I find it difficutl to take a deep AND long breath from the abdomen without wanting to force it. What is the best method of abdomen breathing, occassionally trying for deeper breaths or, maintaining gentleness and "it will come"?

Dear Lemon Squeezy,

There is a concept called as " to Unify Body and Mind" developed by deceased Aikido Master Koichi Tohei. This is nothing to do with Aikido, do not misunderstand. (Although can be applied to Aikido too) In order to unify body and mind, there are four principles. You may apply one of them at a time to unify your body and mind. This is a very very important concept. After you unify your body and mind, you may do Ki Breath and even Ki Meditation 10-15 minutes per day. It is too lengthy to explain here, so I strongly recommend to purchase following books and read them in the given order as below:

They are very easy to read and apply, and user friendly books. You may purchase used books if you find the new ones expensive.

a- "Ki in Daily Life" (http://www.amazon.co...i in daily life)

b- "KI: A Practical Guide for Westerners" (http://www.amazon.co...53571071&sr=1-1)

c- "KI --A Road That Anyone Can Walk" (http://www.amazon.co...53571071&sr=1-2)

From your posts, I see that your body and mind are thousands of kilometers (miles) away. First, learn to unify your body and mind and do it during the day. Then, do Ki Breath. You will be surprised about the positive results about your health and your life in general. In fact, it is so easy.