templetao

Ascension thru inner power

You have a great understanding of love and its flavors ...

And yet, I'm sure that you can agree as well that even the expectation of non-dual love is an ideal that can lead to hypocrisy. It's purely human nature and inescapable even in buddhist societies, as to have butterflies, one must always start with caterpillars, and many caterpillars, rather than do the work to get those wings, will feel an inferiority complex and hence, will feel like they have to pretend they are what they are not. Hope that made sense ...

This is a very interesting thread. I enjoy it as it gets the creative juices flowing. I must interject however and say that I disagree with the views on Christian Love. The Love that Jesus Christ teaches is an unconditional love. True love should be without condition. If it were any other way He would not have commanded us to love eachother as He loves us. This next part os controversial but remember that at that time, He knew the trials ahead of Him and that His life would be put up for an offering so its better put as this "Love eachother as i have loved you, so much that i will die for all of you". I should love you as much as I love my wife, daughter and unborn child but alas, I'm not quite there yet.

VMarco,

I'm looking forward to our future conversations. I'm in the process of studying/contemplating the Holy Bible and as I break it down and absorb it, I will certainly approach you for more interesting and challenging conversations. :)

Yes,...future conversations. Let me know more about how you harmonize the feeling that Jesus taught unconditional love,...or that the god of the bible could possibly have a grasp of unconditional love,...with the actual facts.

Most Christians believe the God they invoke while spreading their faith, is love. However, in the whole of their Holy Book, the Bible, it only suggests the idea that their God is love at the very end, in the late 2nd Century apology 1John. In fact, when viewing the full length and breadth of the Bible, their Patriarch is clearly a murderous, pro-slavery, vacillant, petty, racist, conditional God. And amazingly, a God who is so insecure, that it demands to be worshiped, obeyed and prayed to.

Regardless of the above, let's look at the New Testament. Christian love is often considered the highest love, but as I said, that too is merely a conditional love. The Great Love Chapter of Christendom, Corinthians 13; says, "love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things", 1 Cor 13:7. However, look at it,....that isn't Unconditional Love, but the submission, devotion, expectation and suffering to the conditions of their religions brewed beliefs.

Unconditional love has nothing to do with the conditions of bearing, believing, hoping, or enduring. OK, the mass murderer, Saul/Paul of Tarsus actually said that,...who according to eminent theologians, such as Robert Eisenman, the Essenes called this self-ordained apostle of the Gentiles “the Spouter of Lies.” So, let's look specifically at Jesus.

JESUS' FAMILY VALUES? --"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14:26). "I am come to set man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household" (Matt. 10:35-36). When one of his disciples requested time off for his father's funeral, Jesus rebuked him by saying "Let the dead bury their dead" (Matt. 8:22). Jesus never used the word "family" and he never married or fathered children. To his own mother, he said, "Woman, what have I to do with thee?" (John 2:4).

WHAT WERE HIS VIEWS ON EQUALITY AND SOCIAL JUSTICE?--Jesus encouraged the beating of slaves: "And that servantt(read: slave), which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will shall be beaten with many stripes" (Luke 12:47). He never denounced servitude, but quite the contrary, incorporated the master-slave relationship into many of his parables. He did nothing to alleviate poverty. Rather than sell some expensive ointment to help the poor, Jesus wasted it on himself, saying, "Ye have the poor with you always" (Mark 14:3-7). No women were chosen as disciples (or apostles-Ed.) or invited to the Last Supper.

WHAT MORAL ADVICE DID JESUS GIVE? --"There be eunuchs (Webster defines a eunuch as 'a castrated man in charge of an Oriental harem or...any man or boy lacking normal function of the testes, as through castration or disease'--Ed.), which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." (Matt. 19:12). Some believers, including church father Origen, took this verse literally and castrated themselves. Even metaphorically, this advice is in poor taste.

The "Golden Rule" was said many times by earlier religious leaders. [Confucius said, "Do not unto others that you would not have them do unto you"]. "Turn the other cheek" encourages victims to invite further violence. "Love they neighbor" applied only to fellow believers. (Neither the Jews nor Jesus showed much love to foreign religions). A few of the Beatitudes ("Blessed are the peacemakers") are acceptable, but they are all conditioned on future rewards, not based on respect for human life or values. (As I have said so often, you should do the right because it is the right thing to do, not because you expect rewards or kickbacks someday-Ed.)

On the whole, Jesus said little that was worthwhile. He introduced nothing new to ethics (except hell). He instituted no social programs. Being "omniscient," he could have shared some useful science or medicine, but he appeared ignorant of such things (as if his character were merely the invention of writers stuck in the first century).

WAS JESUS PEACEABLE AND COMPASSIONATE? --The birth of Jesus was heralded with "Peace on Earth," yet Jesus said, "Think not that I am come to send peace: I came not to send peace but a sword" (Matt. 10:34), "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one" (Luke 22:36), "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me" (Luke 19:27). In a parable, but spoken of favorably. the burning of unbelievers during the Inquisition was based on the words of Jesus: "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth..., and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

Jesus looked at his disciples "with anger" (Mark 3:5) and attacked merchants with a whip (John 2:15). He showed his respect for life by drowning innocent animals (Matt. 8:32) and refused to heal a sick child until pressured by the mother (Matt. 15:22-28).

The most revealing aspect of his character was his promotion of eternal torment. "The Son of man (Jesus himself) shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth" (Matt. 13:41-42). "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched" (Mark 9:43). Is this nice? Is it exemplary to make your point with threats of violence? Is hell a kind and loving idea?

Would an unconditional loving person condemn someone to eternal hell just because they offended him?

Remember this as you "study" the Bible,...only in recent centuries have we begun to discern the holy books of our theo-belief systems critically, rather than deliberating on them solely for display and devotion. Devotional reading is not Bible study. Bible study is engaging in the activity of asking the same questions that we normally ask of other books. We commonly inquire: Who wrote this? When was it written? Why was it written? Where was it written? For what purpose was it written? Many of us ask ourselves these questions every time we pick up a secular book. However, such questioning, especially in an environment of hope, fear, and faith-driven moderatism or conservatism, is generally viewed as a threat.

Edited by Vmarco

Yes,...future conversations. Let me know more about how you harmonize the feeling that Jesus taught unconditional love,...or that the god of the bible could possibly have a grasp of unconditional love,...with the actual facts.

Most Christians believe the God they invoke while spreading their faith, is love. However, in the whole of their Holy Book, the Bible, it only suggests the idea that their God is love at the very end, in the late 2nd Century apology 1John. In fact, when viewing the full length and breadth of the Bible, their Patriarch is clearly a murderous, pro-slavery, vacillant, petty, racist, conditional God. And amazingly, a God who is so insecure, that it demands to be worshiped, obeyed and prayed to.

Regardless of the above, let's look at the New Testament. Christian love is often considered the highest love, but as I said, that too is merely a conditional love. The Great Love Chapter of Christendom, Corinthians 13; says, "love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things", 1 Cor 13:7. However, look at it,....that isn't Unconditional Love, but the submission, devotion, expectation and suffering to the conditions of their religions brewed beliefs.

Unconditional love has nothing to do with the conditions of bearing, believing, hoping, or enduring. OK, the mass murderer, Saul/Paul of Tarsus actually said that,...who according to eminent theologians, such as Robert Eisenman, the Essenes called this self-ordained apostle of the Gentiles “the Spouter of Lies.” So, let's look specifically at Jesus.

JESUS' FAMILY VALUES? --"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14:26). "I am come to set man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household" (Matt. 10:35-36). When one of his disciples requested time off for his father's funeral, Jesus rebuked him by saying "Let the dead bury their dead" (Matt. 8:22). Jesus never used the word "family" and he never married or fathered children. To his own mother, he said, "Woman, what have I to do with thee?" (John 2:4).

WHAT WERE HIS VIEWS ON EQUALITY AND SOCIAL JUSTICE?--Jesus encouraged the beating of slaves: "And that servantt(read: slave), which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will shall be beaten with many stripes" (Luke 12:47). He never denounced servitude, but quite the contrary, incorporated the master-slave relationship into many of his parables. He did nothing to alleviate poverty. Rather than sell some expensive ointment to help the poor, Jesus wasted it on himself, saying, "Ye have the poor with you always" (Mark 14:3-7). No women were chosen as disciples (or apostles-Ed.) or invited to the Last Supper.

WHAT MORAL ADVICE DID JESUS GIVE? --"There be eunuchs (Webster defines a eunuch as 'a castrated man in charge of an Oriental harem or...any man or boy lacking normal function of the testes, as through castration or disease'--Ed.), which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." (Matt. 19:12). Some believers, including church father Origen, took this verse literally and castrated themselves. Even metaphorically, this advice is in poor taste.

The "Golden Rule" was said many times by earlier religious leaders. [Confucius said, "Do not unto others that you would not have them do unto you"]. "Turn the other cheek" encourages victims to invite further violence. "Love they neighbor" applied only to fellow believers. (Neither the Jews nor Jesus showed much love to foreign religions). A few of the Beatitudes ("Blessed are the peacemakers") are acceptable, but they are all conditioned on future rewards, not based on respect for human life or values. (As I have said so often, you should do the right because it is the right thing to do, not because you expect rewards or kickbacks someday-Ed.)

On the whole, Jesus said little that was worthwhile. He introduced nothing new to ethics (except hell). He instituted no social programs. Being "omniscient," he could have shared some useful science or medicine, but he appeared ignorant of such things (as if his character were merely the invention of writers stuck in the first century).

WAS JESUS PEACEABLE AND COMPASSIONATE? --The birth of Jesus was heralded with "Peace on Earth," yet Jesus said, "Think not that I am come to send peace: I came not to send peace but a sword" (Matt. 10:34), "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one" (Luke 22:36), "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me" (Luke 19:27). In a parable, but spoken of favorably. the burning of unbelievers during the Inquisition was based on the words of Jesus: "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth..., and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

Jesus looked at his disciples "with anger" (Mark 3:5) and attacked merchants with a whip (John 2:15). He showed his respect for life by drowning innocent animals (Matt. 8:32) and refused to heal a sick child until pressured by the mother (Matt. 15:22-28).

The most revealing aspect of his character was his promotion of eternal torment. "The Son of man (Jesus himself) shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth" (Matt. 13:41-42). "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched" (Mark 9:43). Is this nice? Is it exemplary to make your point with threats of violence? Is hell a kind and loving idea?

Would an unconditional loving person condemn someone to eternal hell just because they offended him?

Remember this as you "study" the Bible,...only in recent centuries have we begun to discern the holy books of our theo-belief systems critically, rather than deliberating on them solely for display and devotion. Devotional reading is not Bible study. Bible study is engaging in the activity of asking the same questions that we normally ask of other books. We commonly inquire: Who wrote this? When was it written? Why was it written? Where was it written? For what purpose was it written? Many of us ask ourselves these questions every time we pick up a secular book. However, such questioning, especially in an environment of hope, fear, and faith-driven moderatism or conservatism, is generally viewed as a threat.

Thats interesting....

I find that most people do things on impulse alone without ever questioning why am i doing this?

But thats another issue.

Listen only heaven has the true power.

Mankind only has the power of destruction. Example "If you dont do what i want ill destroy you!"

Heaven has that power to.

Heaven also has the power of life.

Example "If you dont adhere to me or attune to me you will self destruct."

The way of heaven is the way of virtue. Humans who want to walk the virtueous path of heaven will have the power of life.

Heaven's power of destruction is when you chose to destroy yourself. An you walked further and further away from virtue.

The commandment of heaven is the commandment of life just like the sky controls the earth.

Following the way of heaven is the path.

As I said, I look forward to future conversations :)

On 10/03/2013 at 2:08 AM, templetao said:

This is interesting i was about to make a thread called internal thunder magic and its descent into internal martial arts.

I was looking thru my posts and i realized that i never really posts my sources so ill give one and quote from it.

Then maybe others will see what i see.

The first is from the "Basic conditions of Taoist Thunder Magic" by Florian C. Reiter

This is from pg22.

"It all Came from a point of agaition of the one spark, which was the time of the absolute beginning of the greatest ultimate (taichi)."

Jascha,

Condensing breathing is one specific med. In the temple style you are to spend signifigent time doing a med called charge up. This med strengthens your kidney chi while at the same filling you and charging you with heaven chi. When you do condesning breathing without doing charge up your going to rob your body of yin chi and if condensing breathing is not done right your going to pollute your chi. Condensing breathing is really a circulation between you and the sun and moon chi its actually not the easiest thing to achieve. Charge up also attunes you to the pulse of the tao condensing breathing if attained will enable you to radiate with yang chi from the sun and breath with it and radiate with yin chi from the moon and breath with it.

On to your second question the merging of yin and yang that energy is the orignal energy. It is the orignal power of heaven and it is very pure. In most of the internal thunder sects they use the power of heaven to awaken the inner thunder and restore the original heaven chi in the body that came before the water essence of jing.

This from page22

"When the one spark had not yet agitated, my own body and the breaths of heaven and earth mutually were the inside and outside. The one is yang and the one is pure.

At the beginning, the one yang is most enduring and sound. there is nothing mixed up with it. The one yang is thrusted into the center. When the human being comes into life for the first time, the one yang had first agitated. When the father and mother wed there essences, then it is that heaven and the one give birth to water, and so it is that [the element] fire is born within water."

From pg23

"When admist great tranquillity specific sensation arises, the one spark comes forth."

On the immortal fetus. i dont have much personal experience with it but i will tell you what i personally know.

The heavenly immortals who have realized the power of heaven inside themselves and outside them selves. use heaven chi and restore the one internally that gives rise to the spark. This is the method that i prefer.

This is all an attempt to store chi in the real dantian and develop the dan.

If you dont use the meaven method and use a more mechanical method like the mo pai.

Its more like this

When you breath down to the lower dantian that heat that is created is from the friction of the chi moving around outside of the dan. When the chi is compressed and the cords are cut. Then it will move around the body. Until it is merged fwith the yin ys the diagram below shows.

Picfromthemanual_zpsb599e427.png

Bump.

Dao Vult Esse.

X

• Like 1

This is a very good thread. I'd even suggest it should be pinned in the "System and teachers" daoist section.