templetao

Ascension thru inner power

Thanks templetao.

The virtues are the same as in the Christian teachings, {which are really Platonic teachings minus the politics, and plus Christ}

They need to be cultivated to get to Heaven as an Immortal, because they help the Hun want to stay close to the Po, which normally divides after death, causing reincarnation.

This after death division is present in every cultures old alchemical teachings, as the thing they try to avoid. The Hun doesnt like being near heavy feeling within the Po. This is why the Egyptians said that if the heart weighed more than a feather, then One's Ka {po} gets eaten and sent to the underworld, while the Ba {hun} flies away into another life...

So What about the virtues?

Well they feel really really good.

Goodness itself feels good.

The more of these we have, the more the Spirit/hun/Ba likes being with the Soul/Po/Ka, and stops it just flying off once it is freed from the body...

• Like 4

Yes i agree,

But theres some stuff a left out and on some things i did clarify on so let me explain a little bit better.

In the beginning there was just void yin and yang was not differentiated yet. Yang culminates and separates from the void. This creates the yin now this has an echo effect and separates the void from yin yang. Meaning that wuji is such a higer level of energy that yin and yang cant even be close to it so it displaces itself. This created the realms from higher to lower. Now when this happened a force came out from the wuji to balance yin and yang and to bring it back to itself this is what we now call the tao. The Tao is the force that subtle network that connects us back to the void. So this can be called virtue for truth is that which connects us to the divine.

So virtue is that which connects us to truth.

So in inner power.

There is jing which is transmuted chi that is outwardly expressed.

Jing in time transmutes to Shen

Now this awakened shen can awaken the the original power at the dantian.

This original Virtue opens the door to the Tao and from that point you can bring in higher level energy into yourself.

This is the levels of power and alchemy.

It took me along time to discover this and to know that double meanings of these terms.

Virtue is a real something that can be projected.

So the spiritual truth is that the only power that is recognized on heaven and earth is virtue.

So when one is going from jing shen to virtue and beyond... There abliltiy to fa jing will increase.

This is the ascension thru inner power.

When you connect to the your power to the tao there is much longer path to go. Thru the tao all of existence is. meaning this that there are levels of virtue beyond the level of energy you tap into at first.

I mean this alchemy can happen during life and after.

If you make it to the virtue level in life your awareness can follow it back to the tao thru the realms.

Or you can do it in life and just ascend by making a higher and higher connection to the tao.

The Tao TE ching is a very deep book.

Edited by templetao
  • Like 3

Hi Templetao,

Thank you again for sharing in your posts. Have you found "connecting/union" with immortals helpful with ascension thru inner power?

:)

I know something of this but nothing as a definite plan of action that you can take to help you.

I can tell you this that if you are about cultivating virtue then you may receive help.

When on the virtue path you really dont need a blessing from a master. For the blessing is to only supply or make up for the virtue that you havent developed yet. Virtue has spiritual qualities.

Purity of mind spirit and chi will help get you there.

You see virtue is beyond yin yang duality and it is beyond time. So when you go on the tao path you are on the path of immortality or indestructible virtue.

These themes of cultivating virtue, releasing your power onto the source of all power, merging with the flow of all, connecting to the source, theres a piece of the divine in us and so on is in just about spiritual traditions all over the world. For it is the truth the way -that which connects you to the divine.

The nature of the tao is that which connects you back to the source. The same as truth. For the tao is the force that balanced yin and yang and call it back to the source. So this is how the tao flows back to the source only extending itself for this reason.

All of nature is a lesson to teach you that life is important. For life is virtue.

Let me explain this a bit better. When a creature is created in the womb virtue is the energy that spins and starts to collect the other energies to create you in the womb. So lets move forward - This creature is born and is alive and has yin and yang chi. It lives its life then dies. Well death is separation so that which came from the earth will go back to the earth its chi will go into another life form and its virtue will go back to the tao. So all of this energy returns to the source it was only virtue that kept it together. If this creature can attach its awareness to its virtue then it will return to the source with the virtue. So it is like i said the movement of the tao is to the source and it only extends itself to do so.

• Like 1

Hi Templetao,

Thank you again for sharing in your posts. Have you found "connecting/union" with immortals helpful with ascension thru inner power?

i am interested in this as well.

In my readings on Taoism, i have read that some traditions considered Invocation or Theurgy like practices as one of the major aspects of the Taoist path, due to the influence of higher energy that these beings bring, not to mention the experiences that they might facilitate...

Unfortunatly I have not been able to find anything of Interest describing these practices from a Taoist point of view...

If you know of anything please let me know... :)

• Like 1

I have not found anything from a Taoist perspective either, which is surprising to me. It is incredibly valuable in most primordial (light) paths (like Dzogchen, gnostic Christian, etc...) and can make a huge difference in access to various "higher" energies.

Could it be that some Taoist traditions do something similar in channeling as a medium?

• Like 1

Google around 'Tangki', watch out for the Youtube clips though, one or two not for the faint hearted, self included.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Hi Seth,

I am certainly no expert on Taoism but I should say that identification of oneself with a divine being, force, intelligence or energy is a universal practice. I really cannot see how the theory behind invocations/theurgy would differ in Taoism--look at deity yoga practice in Vajrayana for instance. I agree, it would be interesting to get specifics on this. Really it comes down to the hermetic maxim:

"You can even become a god if you want for it is possible. Therefore, want and understand and believe and love: then you have become it!"

• Like 1

Google around 'Tangki', watch out for the Youtube clips though, one or two not for the faint hearted, self included.

Looks somewhat similar to some voodoo practics, but definitely not the same as what Seth & I were talking about. What we were discussing is sometimes called "Divinity/Guru yoga. At it's highest level, it is a union/merging with a divine being. In Tibetian Buddhism, it is practiced as part of the "completion stage".

Hi Seth,

I am certainly no expert on Taoism but I should say that identification of oneself with a divine being, force, intelligence or energy is a universal practice. I really cannot see how the theory behind invocations/theurgy would differ in Taoism--look at deity yoga practice in Vajrayana for instance. I agree, it would be interesting to get specifics on this. Really it comes down to the hermetic maxim:

"You can even become a god if you want for it is possible. Therefore, want and understand and believe and love: then you have become it!"

It's possibly a regional phenomenon but certainly in Singapore the Tangki mediums when entranced put themselves through all

manner of rather unsavoury physical privations wherein skewers feature prominently. Chickens, poor things; may also play a prominent if somewhat short and very reluctant part in some Tangki rituals.

There was something similar carried over into the Xtian tradition in the Phillipines with chaps being nailed to crosses and such but I think that's been banned.

HTH

Our Brazilian Spiritist cousins (largest Spiritist grouping in the world) can put the P into physical mediumship also.

• Like 1

I have not found anything from a Taoist perspective either, which is surprising to me. It is incredibly valuable in most primordial (light) paths (like Dzogchen, gnostic Christian, etc...) and can make a huge difference in access to various "higher" energies.

Could it be that some Taoist traditions do something similar in channeling as a medium?

My bad, apologies, thought you were interested in Taoist facets of mediumship and channeling.

Well its always interesting to see how threads go.

about the invoking of entities i really dont know much about it. But this is what i do know. The Tao encompasses yin and yang and in this there are 4 gate keepers to heaven one for the north, east, west, and south.

On this i dont know much more than this.

My interest in internal power came thru martial arts. Meaning that if someone showed up to my home and wanted to fight id ask myself could i defeat them? My training lead me to internal development because i couldnt beat someone had jing.

Now once getting the jing the question comes of how do i keep increasing my internal power? then this leads to ascension.

and after a few years you learn the truth of it and i did then you just keep training to improve.

Now this knowledge took me years to get of searching and paying out alot of money. To know not just to guess or to wonder but to know.

So now if i want to generate internal power aka manifest jing i dont do condensing breathing or other similar methods to create it (that is of the lower method). I just focus on my ldt and it sends the buzz thru out my whole body.

With correct training anyone can progress.

• Like 3

My bad, apologies, thought you were interested in Taoist facets of mediumship and channeling.

No, my apologies. I was and I thank you for pointing it out.

It's possibly a regional phenomenon but certainly in Singapore the Tangki mediums when entranced put themselves through all

manner of rather unsavoury physical privations wherein skewers feature prominently. Chickens, poor things; may also play a prominent if somewhat short and very reluctant part in some Tangki rituals.

There was something similar carried over into the Xtian tradition in the Phillipines with chaps being nailed to crosses and such but I think that's been banned.

HTH

Our Brazilian Spiritist cousins (largest Spiritist grouping in the world) can put the P into physical mediumship also.

I think maybe it is a local phenomenon along the lines of the MoPai is to Surabaya and maybe then Tangki caters to and draws support from particular sub groups and those not necessarily the graduate class professionals maybe rather more working class people although I believe some business people are drawn to Tangki as a form of insurance and hope for good fortune.

Tangki is a patois word and means literally a tank as in a tank you fill up with gas or water.

You see the word on the side of some gas tankers as the company logo.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Okay im resurrecting this thread just these posts seem really important and valuable... what about condensing breathing makes it a lower method? is this because one sucks in yang chi and not heaven chi?

And in mopai it is at level 30 one conceives of the immortal fetus... from what what i know that involves awakening the shen light. So maybe they do actually use the dao's virtue after they fuse the yin and yang!

This is interesting i was about to make a thread called internal thunder magic and its descent into internal martial arts.

I was looking thru my posts and i realized that i never really posts my sources so ill give one and quote from it.

Then maybe others will see what i see.

The first is from the "Basic conditions of Taoist Thunder Magic" by Florian C. Reiter

This is from pg22.

"It all Came from a point of agaition of the one spark, which was the time of the absolute beginning of the greatest ultimate (taichi)."

Jascha,

Condensing breathing is one specific med. In the temple style you are to spend signifigent time doing a med called charge up. This med strengthens your kidney chi while at the same filling you and charging you with heaven chi. When you do condesning breathing without doing charge up your going to rob your body of yin chi and if condensing breathing is not done right your going to pollute your chi. Condensing breathing is really a circulation between you and the sun and moon chi its actually not the easiest thing to achieve. Charge up also attunes you to the pulse of the tao condensing breathing if attained will enable you to radiate with yang chi from the sun and breath with it and radiate with yin chi from the moon and breath with it.

On to your second question the merging of yin and yang that energy is the orignal energy. It is the orignal power of heaven and it is very pure. In most of the internal thunder sects they use the power of heaven to awaken the inner thunder and restore the original heaven chi in the body that came before the water essence of jing.

This from page22

"When the one spark had not yet agitated, my own body and the breaths of heaven and earth mutually were the inside and outside. The one is yang and the one is pure.

At the beginning, the one yang is most enduring and sound. there is nothing mixed up with it. The one yang is thrusted into the center. When the human being comes into life for the first time, the one yang had first agitated. When the father and mother wed there essences, then it is that heaven and the one give birth to water, and so it is that [the element] fire is born within water."

From pg23

"When admist great tranquillity specific sensation arises, the one spark comes forth."

On the immortal fetus. i dont have much personal experience with it but i will tell you what i personally know.

The heavenly immortals who have realized the power of heaven inside themselves and outside them selves. use heaven chi and restore the one internally that gives rise to the spark. This is the method that i prefer.

This is all an attempt to store chi in the real dantian and develop the dan.

If you dont use the meaven method and use a more mechanical method like the mo pai.

Its more like this

When you breath down to the lower dantian that heat that is created is from the friction of the chi moving around outside of the dan. When the chi is compressed and the cords are cut. Then it will move around the body. Until it is merged fwith the yin ys the diagram below shows.

Picfromthemanual_zpsb599e427.png

Edited by templetao

In internal thunder magic they refer to the cords as worms that report to the 5 thunder general that which is reported to them is all of your doings.

In the thunder magic texts that ive read they also speak of the breath congealing in the ldt.

You see Zhang San Feng learned from these guys http://www.cts65.com/

Zhang San Feng was born on longhushan check it http://www.northstarmartialarts.com/blog1/2007/9/28/zhang-sanfeng.html

In the manuals that ive read it depicts that after the original energy is resotred then is some time the immortal fetus is created as well.

Unerstanding where Zhang San Feng came from and understanding internal thunder magic which is all neidan i was able to realize that all of the alchemy of the ima is watered down internal thunder magic meaning this.

Before taichi existed as pai. it existed as an alchemic method. To internally restore that power of heavn in the body and reunite that from when it came to ascend into the heaven realm.

Taichiquan is the fist of that or the fist of supreme ultimate.

Edited by templetao

Now the mechanical methods use isometrics to condense the chi in the ldt. The methods that use heaven chi the heaven chi will condense on its own.

When the dan awakens or is developed it feels like a pill in your ldt.

It is my theory that the mechanical methods condense chi in the ldt to create this pill to house the dan. Because the heaven methods let the inner thunder occur on its own. The mechanical methods use internal isometrics to achieve this.

This dan is the elixer and the field that feeds it is the tian.

It is my contention that this elixer feeds and sustains the immortal fetus.

But this is just my opinion.

Templetao thank you for laying it out very clearly for us all. Shifu lin in his book http://www.amazon.com/Tao-Jiao-Lei-Relationship-ebook/dp/B0097UKG9O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1362867837&sr=8-3&keywords=shifu+lin has a similar proposition that internal alchemy is indeed thunder magic.

"In the beginning, there was a time when human beings walked with more refinement and knowledge, because of the imparting of this knowledge. We know very little about this time, but we read from the Zhuangzi that it was a time far more ancient than his, when the True Human Beings, breathed through their feet, and could sit submerged under water in meditation. It was a time that even the ancients from our perspective were in awe of, as they looked back and tried to regrasp the Tao. In that time, Lei Fa and Nei Kung cultivation were one and the same, because cultivation was a process that – as we cannot conceive socially – was natural to the human condition. Today, in lineages of Lei Fa, whether the famous Mo Pai lineage, or any other – many years and decades must be spent in preparation for Lei Fa. One can selectively engage in Lei Fa practices for the writing of proper training. This is how lineages such as Mo Pai emerged, even if these lineages lost the knowledge of their origins amongst modern day practitioners."

So i guess the gist of what your saying is there are two ways to access this heaven energy, original energy of One chi that came before yin and yang. One approach is to build up yin and yang energy reservoirs and fuse it to create the spark of the One chi. The other which you prefer is to just access this One chi from the start.
I find it interesting that Liao in Tai chi classics book speaks little of One chi and instead urges students to cultivate they chi by breathing into the dantien which will increase its abundance and can then be condensed using the condensing breathing. (which according to your writings is the more mechanical method of breathing from your nose to dantien which cultivates the yang chi and not the heaven chi)
So how does one charge up with heaven chi? I can 'open' by baihui somewhat and allow cosmic energy to flow like a shower down my body, but im not sure im doing it write since i may just be feeling my own yang chi that ive already built up.
Im now also understanding the importance of flowing the energy and purifying it. Flowing i can do(either with some spontaneous movements, some 18 lohan patterns or just directing the energy to flow along small universe and other paths while in lotus to take a break from just sucking into the dantien with reverse breathing)
But purifying it I have no idea!
And Liao seems to have 100s of DVDs now!... i have no idea which one to get for aim of purifying and charging up with heaven chi.
I think i was reading in some Wang liping blog that the main idea of its fundamental sitting practice is to cultivate the Yuan or one chi with its gazing back to infancy , which i noticed differentiated from cultivating the yang and yin chi in the mo pai practice.
  • Like 2

Well its always interesting to see how threads go.

about the invoking of entities i really dont know much about it. But this is what i do know. The Tao encompasses yin and yang and in this there are 4 gate keepers to heaven one for the north, east, west, and south.

On this i dont know much more than this.

My interest in internal power came thru martial arts. Meaning that if someone showed up to my home and wanted to fight id ask myself could i defeat them? My training lead me to internal development because i couldnt beat someone had jing.

Now once getting the jing the question comes of how do i keep increasing my internal power? then this leads to ascension.

and after a few years you learn the truth of it and i did then you just keep training to improve.

Now this knowledge took me years to get of searching and paying out alot of money. To know not just to guess or to wonder but to know.

So now if i want to generate internal power aka manifest jing i dont do condensing breathing or other similar methods to create it (that is of the lower method). I just focus on my ldt and it sends the buzz thru out my whole body.

With correct training anyone can progress.

Thank you - very helpful

Jascha,

I cant speak for Sifu Lin but I know how i came across my findings and overall end conclusion maybe and most likely they are a little bit different.

It is only some internal thunder magic (there is external thunder magic as well and everything in between) that applies to what we all consider neikung.

So i guess the gist of what your saying is there are two ways to access this heaven energy, original energy of One chi that came before yin and yang. One approach is to build up yin and yang energy reservoirs and fuse it to create the spark of the One chi. The other which you prefer is to just access this One chi from the start.

No there are many ways there were originally 7 taoist thunder magic sects

1. Sanskrit Primordial Breath Thunder Magic
Sect: This system was used by the Qing Wei
sects, and claims the legendary female Daoist
Master Wei Huacun as its founder. Master Wei
Huacun is also considered to be the original founder of the Mao Shan sect. It is included
the following three Daoist schools

founder of the Mao Shan sect. It is included
the following three Daoist schools:
• The Dong Zhen Hun Tun Thunder Magic
Sect (Mao Shan). This system was developed
and practiced in the South of China.
• The Qing Wei Thunder Magic sect (Hua
Shan and Fujian). This system was developed
and practiced in western China during the
early Song Dynasty period (420 - 478 AD.).
• The Ling Bao Thunder Magic sect (Gezao
Shan). This system was developed in the
South of China.

2. The Qing Xu Thunder Magic Sect: This system
was used by the Tai-Yi sect.

3. The Huo Shi Thunder Magic Sect: The Fire
Master Thunder Magic system is attributed
to Daoist master Wang Zi Hua. It flourished
during the mid-Tang Dynasty (618-907 A.D.)
and was believed to have originated on the
Southern peak of Heng Shan and on Mount
Tian Tai in South-East China.

4. The Shen Xiao Thunder Magic Sect: This system
was attributed to Daoist master Wang
Wen Qing (born in 1093), and it was used by
the Shen Xiao order, headed by Daoist master
Lin Lingsi.

5. The Qing Ming Thunder Magic Sect: This
system was developed in China during the
Southern Song Dynasty period (1127 - 1279
A.D.).

6. The Yu Fu Thunder Magic Sect: This system
was developed and used by the Zheng Yi
Celestial Master sect in Longhu Shan.

7. The Bei Ji Thunder Magic Sect: This system
was developed and used by the Quen Zhen
Pole Star sect in Wudang Shan.

Plus a bunch of modern and smaller sects all of which with different but similar ways of training.In

my pursuit of this it was a lot of easier to find external magic meds and a bit harder to find the internal thunder magic meds and what they consisted of.

I find it interesting that Liao in Tai chi classics book speaks little of One chi and instead urges students to cultivate they chi by breathing into the dantien which will increase its abundance and can then be condensed using the condensing breathing. (which according to your writings is the more mechanical method of breathing from your nose to dantien which cultivates the yang chi and not the heaven chi)

Temple style is very different from when you read it in the book then from dvd then from an instructor there is a lot of knowledge in the temple style that is not on dvd.

In the temple style and in taichi alone there is the martial path and the spiritual path. These paths do have some differences in the training.

So how does one charge up with heaven chi? I can 'open' by baihui somewhat and allow cosmic energy to flow like a shower down my body, but im not sure im doing it write since i may just be feeling my own yang chi that ive already built up.

The charge up I was referring to is a specific meditation.

Im now also understanding the importance of flowing the energy and purifying it. Flowing i can do(either with some spontaneous movements, some 18 lohan patterns or just directing the energy to flow along small universe and other paths while in lotus to take a break from just sucking into the dantien with reverse breathing)
But purifying it I have no idea!
And Liao seems to have 100s of DVDs now!... i have no idea which one to get for aim of purifying and charging up with heaven chi.
I think i was reading in some Wang liping blog that the main idea of its fundamental sitting practice is to cultivate the Yuan or one chi with its gazing back to infancy , which i noticed differentiated from cultivating the yang and yin chi in the mo pai practice.

The energy mind and spirit must be pure to restore the one heaven chi in the body. How this is done just depends on the method you train in.

Restoring the original energy in the ldt is the same attainment no matter what lineage you train in. Taoists go backwards to the source when cultivating. So restoring your jing entering stillness running the mco is all in attempt to restore the power of heaven in the ldt it was this pure heaven essence that first came into the body.

Internal Thunder Magic is also used for healing and exorcisms.

• Like 2