Tankjoo88

Is this Mo Pai Level 1 ?

Well, anyways good luck. I just hope that you would attain what you wish and not try to steal the teachings of another school through Jim, especially when Jim is giving you false information. That is what it is, stealing, "to take away by force or unjust means; to take surreptitiously or without permission" (Webster definition of stealing).

Wah Wah Wah

Edited by violinist

Enlightened (in a non-dualistic sense) beings still die, and their yang spirit still scatters to the wind, and their yin spirit is subject to the same process all other yin spirits are subject to.

If a human being reached yang spirit, then yin spirit is gone. Yang shen - holistic, and does not "scatters to the wind". Edited by Golden Path
  • Like 1

This reminds me of certain people in the US that tried to patent yoga asanas. Forgetting that those methods are free, come from nature and no one has the right to own them. And why do we learn them? To be able to fight for justice and more freedom, not to add more injustice by being possessive and territorial. If you got to a level where you can teach others, you don't need money from students, you can use your skills to easily make a living thru other ways while taking a few disciples under your wing so your way of mixing the ingredients stays alive. So I propose that if you don't have anything technical to add to this thread, to stay out of it so it doesn't get banned like the other one ... unless this is your goal of course, to prevent any sort of real discussion on actual techniques from taking place.

• Like 1

I am not mad that "lvl 1" meditation method is out, even though it contains many mistakes and Jim's own additional instructions. More power to you, I guess. The only reason I am commenting is to warn people from thinking that it is the real lvl1 meditation method, and is safe to try it without a real teacher guiding you. So it is truly up to you, as you are responsible for your own well-being.

As to the claim that the video of John Chang explaining the difference between lvl 1 and the standing exercise, I am more confident that it is not lvl 3 method, as a true student of Mopai, especially a 3rd lvl student, would know the difference without being told. Furthermore, lvl3 method is so different from those of lvl 1 and the standing exercise. It's like trying to explain to a first grader on the lessons you will learn in college.

Well, anyways good luck. I just hope that you would attain what you wish and not try to steal the teachings of another school through Jim, especially when Jim is giving you false information. That is what it is, stealing, "to take away by force or unjust means; to take surreptitiously or without permission" (Webster definition of stealing).

Dear friend,

it's obvious that you are upset about the expose, I'd be too. These "incomplete" methods produced the desired results, correct (by your standards) or not.

Be well and keep the "true" MoPai real!

Edited by yiannis

This first post may be unreliable, but Jim Isn't. I would recommend talking to him directly.

This is the test for Level 2.

Not everyone that has videos with level 2 or 3 post them on you tube.

Also there is no proove that he passed level 2 in this video.It's just a routine check of hundred of them that was taking place every year...

As someone else wrote,it would be moral to sell it as " Jim's view on Mo Pai" than Mo Pai.

• Like 1

This is the test for Level 2.

Not everyone that has videos with level 2 or 3 post them on you tube.

Also there is no proove that he passed level 2 in this video.It's just a routine check of hundred of them that was taking place every year...

As someone else wrote,it would be moral to sell it as " Jim's view on Mo Pai" than Mo Pai.

looool, They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now :)

looool, They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now :)

I am not quite sure that I understood the metaphor ,but years ago before the age of Facebook and You Tube,thinks were simpler.

I am not blaming the tool,but the usage of it.

This video,supposedly was from a student of Jim that uploaded it.

If Jim had respect for his former Si Fu ,he had to demand to delete it.

But this video is there for a purpose.....

It is pity that J.C was always speaking respectfully for Jim ,but Jim didn't respect him..

Anyway ,it would be easier to write down that I am going to meditate,but I will finish my day with a Scotch.

Cheers Brothers

Anyway ,it would be easier to write down that I am going to meditate,but I will finish my day with a Scotch.

But you ARE! :D

Enjoy that liquor til you need it no more brother Chen.

:-(

All respect to Mr McMillan, I read his book recently, thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it without reservation to anyone interested in his take on the MoPai as he knew it, where and when he was involved with some of them.

What struck me though was that as someone coming to the MoPai from an explicitly Xtian mindset Mr. McMillan was possibly less receptive to some aspects of the MoPai in relation to the spiritualistic than maybe someone who was comfortable with those concepts would be. I don't know that for sure never having met Mr. McMillan in person but he is pretty explict in condemning spirits as 'demons' in his book.

Edited by GrandmasterP

I love how people come into threads and discredit Jim's knowledge (method), yet don't offer any explanation as to how they arrived at this conclusion. In a day and age where almost everyone has a camera phone, webcam, or some type of device to take a picture and post it on the internet (you do realize you're posting on the internet right? which means you have access to technology) - everyone discredits everyone else but provides NO PROOF as to what they themselves know, or can perform.

There's nothing wrong with discrediting someone as long as you have proof to back up your claims. If not, you're most likely another fraud who's out to steer others down the path of your own product line.

Edited by Celestial
  • Like 3

Daemon means spirit in ancient greek.

Not in Koine ( how do you do e acute accent on an iPad?) New Testament Greek though and Mr McMillan is explicitly negative in his use of the term demon as per something other than Christian, his demons are of the Xtian 'devil' as opposed to any part of the Xtian God. It is a major theme of his throughout the relevant passages as opposed to Kosta Danaos book The Magus of Java wherein Mr. Danaos takes a more ecumenical view of John Chang's work with his spirit guides. Both books are useful in that they view the same person through two very different subjective lenses.

What interests me the most is the taoist formula for immortality. In Mo Pai, John mentions that you have to be at least Level 30 to achieve this. Since Mo Pai is a dead lineage with no real active students/teachers, and hardly any accurate information on how to progress through the 72 levels (everyone on this forum pretending to know is a FRAUD), what path would you (GrandmasterP or anyone else) recommend?

Living is pretty useful, plus the food's usually good.

After that, dying. Not so much fun, but inevitable.

It all sorta pans out in the end.

Just cultivate, every day and suck every drop of juice from life that comes your way.

If not enough juice flows your way, move to a juicier place.

HTH

No charge for the consultation.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

i'm not interested in talking mean about Jim, but if he was doing Nei Kung right, he would not have seen his health degenerate, and he would not have stopped progressing years ago.

Again, anyone who has taken Nei Jia Kung Fu for even a relatively short amount of time can see problems with his alignment in the pictures in question. As well, anyone who knows Mo Pai as taught in Indonesia will notice a handful of subtle things not mentioned in the description posted above.

If you get good results from Jim, that's cool. Frankly, i know of a lot of people who have hit major plateaus with training with Jim, some of them encountered insurmountable health obstacles and qi blockages.

There are a number of people teaching Mo Pai, not just Shifu Lin and Jim. i'm actually not sure if Jim has continued teaching since his health went down hill... a number of his students send me questions on Facebook and say they don't hear back from him often. i know of two other teachers who are just lower key than Shifu and Jim. Shifu, as well, taught a LOT of people in the US for YEARS before going quasi-public, while still maintaining relative anonymity.

Anyone interested in contacting him, whether they are new potential students or students of Jim's who have failed to continue progressing and hit a plateau, you can write to me for contact information.

Peace.

Last paragraph in Mr McMillan's recent and most excellent Kindle book (everyone should buy and read it).....

"It is my desire to find master's ( sic) throughout China and the rest of the world in order to do the will of God and/or create good karma for those that never looked at the development from the perspective I've presented. I am supplying my email address in order to try and facilitate my goal

[email protected]

If you can help please contact me"

i'm not interested in talking mean about Jim, but if he was doing Nei Kung right, he would not have seen his health degenerate, and he would not have stopped progressing years ago.

Again, anyone who has taken Nei Jia Kung Fu for even a relatively short amount of time can see problems with his alignment in the pictures in question. As well, anyone who knows Mo Pai as taught in Indonesia will notice a handful of subtle things not mentioned in the description posted above.

If you get good results from Jim, that's cool. Frankly, i know of a lot of people who have hit major plateaus with training with Jim, some of them encountered insurmountable health obstacles and qi blockages.

There are a number of people teaching Mo Pai, not just Shifu Lin and Jim. i'm actually not sure if Jim has continued teaching since his health went down hill... a number of his students send me questions on Facebook and say they don't hear back from him often. i know of two other teachers who are just lower key than Shifu and Jim. Shifu, as well, taught a LOT of people in the US for YEARS before going quasi-public, while still maintaining relative anonymity.

Anyone interested in contacting him, whether they are new potential students or students of Jim's who have failed to continue progressing and hit a plateau, you can write to me for contact information.

Peace.

Naziri,

I am still curious how you met Lin, and why you think he is the real deal. A question you've ignored repeatedly.

• Like 2

Living is pretty useful, plus the food's usually good.

After that, dying. Not so much fun, but inevitable.

It all sorta pans out in the end.

Just cultivate, every day and suck every drop of juice from life that comes your way.

If not enough juice flows your way, move to a juicier place.

HTH

No charge for the consultation.

:)

I once saw a Reiki Practitioner who did work on me and afterwards said I draw in A LOT of energy. I am guessing this is a good thing?

Can't hurt.

How do you get on with drawing Yin Qi in?

I am fortunate to have a small yet private backyard with grass, and trees everywhere. So, I stand (Zhan Zhuang) in several positions for no more than 20 minutes. Or I sit, and meditate.

Edit: When I first started years ago (since then I've half-assed my training up until recently) I was plagued - like most people - with the chattering monkey mind. Now I can meditate in complete darkness without any thoughts. If thoughts do arrise, I simply observe them without emotion or judgement.

I've also had some OBE's in the past, and just recently started having them at will again. A great book on OBE's is one called Astral Dynamics, by Robert Bruce. Take it or leave it, I have no connection with the author, but it opened my eyes to the process with an in-depth approach to having an OBE.

http://www.amazon.co...astral dynamics

That's the book I have. It's 559 pages. And it covers everything you'll ever need to know about Astral Projection.

Edited by Celestial

They do say 20 minutes is about right for ZZ, any less no good, any longer too much.

I'm old order QiGong and it's all Yang til you get beyond the superficial, after that when you can draw on the Yin then it gets to be fun.

Takes a long time and I'm still very much finding my way round it.