Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Plans for the Next Year

A fully realized man when given a wish, asks for a glass of water if thirsty or might say 'no thanks i'm fine'.

I am not that man.

Next year I'd like to have 2 or 3 short stories published and have longer stories being considered ie the billy shakespeare series.

I'd like to be 20 pounds lighter and have an office of solitude available.

Thats it for now, I'll come up with more later. What about you?

Also how much is work, how much is manifesting? What does karma and states of enlightenment have to do with what we get? and ask for?

Michael

A fully realized man when given a wish, asks for a glass of water if thirsty or might say 'no thanks i'm fine'.

I am not that man.

Next year I'd like to have 2 or 3 short stories published and have longer stories being considered ie the billy shakespeare series.

I'd like to be 20 pounds lighter and have an office of solitude available.

Thats it for now, I'll come up with more later. What about you?

Also how much is work, how much is manifesting? What does karma and states of enlightenment have to do with what we get? and ask for?

Michael

Good luck with that! :)

'tis going to be the year of the Red Pig, beginning Feb 4th -- 18th, with Fire, Water, Wood energies in a beautiful if precarious balance, auspicious (via a precarious chance) for those whose lucky phases are any of these, which is rare, because Water and Fire seldom benefit the same year, but here it comes! It is going to be the first year of the new larger, 20-year cycle, that of Water permeating all of its background, after an equally long stretch of the Metal backdrop which it is a miracle I survived. Water, I've been waiting for you all my life.

With Fire having no chance to blaze out of control because Water will be taking care of it, exotic Wood that doesn't mind Water that this year will be HOT has a chance to thrive.

Earth and Metal people, be careful... you were lucky this far, and now it's our turn. The compass will turn, and turn again...

2006 was less energy work and more meditation and it turned out well, so 2007 will be the same.

TaoMeow, you give me hope. Water!

Next year? I intend to keep on course, keep learning, cultivating, clearing, moving energy...

Oh it's a good good life. I pinch myself almost daily nowadays. Made it through the horrid stuff of my younger life. I realize now, I live my life in a really great country, meaning I can be and do almost anything I want. No starvation, no awful women hatred stuff--girl babies killed, women burned. Life is good. Our lives our good.

Great thanks to all those wondrous beings out there helping us. And wishing great auspicious happenings to people who are suffering now.

My list of goals and resolutions is too long for this thread, but the big one is to get a teaching contract. The rest is window dressing. :)

Superficial plans include continued incorporation of eating with the seasons from locally grown stocks. Shifting my evening meals to more grain based, dried fruit and tea combination. Can I slip in a little cheese?

Practice hatha yoga and qi gong every other day with plenty of time devoted to hikes in the forest or fields.

The deeper goal is to meet another follower of Tao and form a friendship. Connection with people of the same belief seems important. I enjoy forums such as this, but I would like to find other people to practice with in person. I am alone in my practice. Ming Dao mentioned this might happen.

Other goals include giving monthly to others in need. I started by returning a request from an animal shelter for monetary help. And, I checked off willingness to volunteer clerical or cat care. My intention is to follow thru and offer my energy to other beings in need.

Personally, I intend to blend more and more with the world as it is. To cultivate awareness of the universe. To actually feel the stardust settle on my skin.

:)

Hrmmm...2007.

I have realised I am a leader, not a follower - so I will explore that in 2007 and not hide it away for fear of incurring the judgment of other people (or my own judgment for thinking it might be a wee bit w@nky to consider myself a leader and someone who may not be comfortable to follow the norms in society...)

Cheers to the New Year

Hrmmm...2007.

I have realised I am a leader, not a follower - so I will explore that in 2007 and not hide it away for fear of incurring the judgment of other people (or my own judgment for thinking it might be a wee bit w@nky to consider myself a leader and someone who may not be comfortable to follow the norms in society...)

Cheers to the New Year

Hrmmm - scratch that (a little bit) - haha and the year hasn't even started.

I will learn how to let a particular man in my life Take the Lead...if he ever wants to try again :)

Leidee

Good luck with that! :)

'tis going to be the year of the Red Pig, beginning Feb 4th --

Aren't we now in the year of the Fire Dog (Red Dog). Doesn't that mean that next we will be in the Yellow Boar or Earth Boar? I thought the element changed each year?

Craig

I would like to spend more time doing tai chi and QiGong with a future aim of teaching. I would love to teach full time.

I achieved quite a lot this year. I started my own business that is now taking off. This has given me lots of new skills and experiences. Business doesnt have to be for the sole purpose of accumulating wealth. My hobby turned into a business and this passion reflects the way I run it.

I started the business due to lack of employment opportunities and I have found this very empowering.

I also started volunteering this year mentoring an asylum seeker. This helps them integrate and learn about us westerners. Its also a great learning experience for me. I believe that to grow as a person we need to be taken out of our comfort zones. If more people were willing to do this I think there would be less predjudice in the world.

This has been one of the more enjoyable years ive had in a long time.

I look forward to the coming year. I hope to see some projects that I have had on the burner for a while completed and a positive progression in my life.

Oh, I nearly forgot! I would like to read more gems on taobums for me to contemplate.

Being a newbie, my plan is to continue on the basics. Right now my morning ritual is comprised of a set of a half dozen or so yoga postures, PC muscle toning based on vajroli, a root block, sitting meditation and reading a chapter of the Tao Te Ching. So far from the info gathered from the bums here, I've re-aligned my yoga postures after checking out the link to the Yin Yoga site a month or so back. I'm really happy with the flow of the postures. I'm just coming up to 100 days of meditating. Most of my info and imput on meditating has come from sources other than taobums (tribe.net mostly). Settling into a sitting posture. The addition of a mantra or sound has started to manifest itself in my thoughts. So far the OM sound has surfaced during my meditation. This really changed my breathing pattern and showed me that there are still deeper places in me to be discovered. I don't read much here about the Tao Te Ching, but I find the words resonating with me more each day. In the evenings or whenever the mood is right, I solo cultivate and am becoming familiar with the MCO. From all the accounts on here I haven't experienced a full fledged chi orgasm, but am feeling the energy moving around. In the meantime the journey is the destination, and all of the associated pleasureable sensations are delicious :D I just ordered Yudelove's book in hopes of getting deeper into the MCO, healing sounds and the inner smile. Do want to thank all of the tao bums; going through the archived posts and lurking have been very helpful. Any ideas or comments on my practice are welcome.

Aren't we now in the year of the Fire Dog (Red Dog). Doesn't that mean that next we will be in the Yellow Boar or Earth Boar? I thought the element changed each year?

Craig

Chinese calendar used the Celestial Stem--Earthly Branch system. There are 10 Stems and 12 Branches. Stems are named by the Yin-Yang and Wuxing, or Five Phases (Metal, Water, Wood, Fire and Earth). The Stem sequence order is: Yang Wood, Yin Wood, Yang Fire, Yin Fire, Yang Earth, Yin Earth, Yang Metal, Yin Metal, Yang Water and Yin Water. Branches use the animal names. Stem and Branch are used together to form a cycle of 60 which begins with Yang Wood Rat and ends with Yin Water Pig. From 1924 to 1983 is a complete 60-year cycle. Year 2007 is Yin Fire Pig, also called Red Pig year. Since it's yin, it's not a "boar," more like a sow. <_< Water and Wood, in this case, are not of the Celestial Stem but of the Earthly Branch, an attribute of Pig. So it's a Fire Pig with Water and Wood in it -- picture an earthly wood-water creature roasting on celestial fire, that's the qi of the year. It can get complicated, but never irrational, the purpose of the system is to track down assorted types/phases of qi present in the environment at any given point -- hour, day, month, year, 20-year cycle, 60 year cycle, 120,000 year cycle... and so on. I am crazy about Chinese astrology, it means everything it says it means and then some...

Tour, practice and video in the areas of the UK associated with the crop circle phenomenon, including practicing in fresh circles.

First of all, since I'm still new to this, I'll try to learn more about everything that has to do with Taoism.

I would like to get off some pounds :rolleyes:

And keep on working on my Bak Fu Pai ;)

Sign in to follow this