Hey guys,

I have advanced so much in the past year in my personal evolution, I don't even know where to begin. I'm pretty much living the life I've always dreamed of.

I did leave behind all cultivation practices in favor of training MMA, but I recently started doing chakra meditations again, and I'm a little bit overwhelmed with how powerful working and activating these energy centers is, and I want to either stop completely or proceed ultra cautiously, because otherwise I fear some negative repercussions.

What has basically happened since I started working on my chakras, is I am (overly) acute and aware of the goings-on of the universe and people, ESPECIALLY in social interactions. I can tune-in to what others are feeling, but more often than not, I tend to active and amplify my own chakras, and see immediate feedback from the person I am with.

A good example of this is with attractive women. I can just focus my heart and sacral chakra and I can get them aroused very quickly. The results are instant. I could pretty much do a double-blind placebo experiment and prove this. As soon as I focus on my sacral and she is in the vicinity, I will notice some sort of reaction. I *know* this could be confirmation bias, but it's too blatantly obvious, and I don't want to mess around with this kind of stuff at all.

Another one would be my third eye, when I focus on it, I am *too* aware of everything, and I don't really like it. I want to know these things without my mind scrambling about them.

Right now I think the best thing for me to do would be return to a simple qigong routine, or just regular deep breathing meditation, but I am also curious about how to continue developing my chakras without overwhelming myself.

I hope this post made some sense, if not I will be happy to expand on this.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

Nope, just good luck with the QiGong.

It's always a useful 'fall back' cultivation.

It's all I do these days as I am old but there's more than enough in there for anyone. Been doing eight strands of silk brocade for many years and maybe one day I'll get the hang of it.

:-)

Edited by GrandmasterP

You'll get the hang of it brother! Keep on truckin'. :)

Nope, just good luck with the QiGong.

It's always a useful 'fall back' cultivation.

It's all I do these days as I am old but there's more than enough in there for anyone. Been doing eight strands of silk brocade for many years and maybe one day I'll get the hang of it.

:-)

First, I agree with the idea of varying your routine as a means of dialing back the current extreme experience. Variation and periodization are good tools. Gives you a basic breaks n' gas system, hopefully a little steering. ;)

.., but I am also curious about how to continue developing my chakras without overwhelming myself.

Sounds like you haven't learned to resolve into stillness within the deep-centers of the chakras... the still place in the center of each where there is no feeling. Some people really activate the feeling part without finding the stillness part. Does that sound close?

Hey guys,

I have advanced so much in the past year in my personal evolution, I don't even know where to begin. I'm pretty much living the life I've always dreamed of.

I did leave behind all cultivation practices in favor of training MMA, but I recently started doing chakra meditations again, and I'm a little bit overwhelmed with how powerful working and activating these energy centers is, and I want to either stop completely or proceed ultra cautiously, because otherwise I fear some negative repercussions.

What has basically happened since I started working on my chakras, is I am (overly) acute and aware of the goings-on of the universe and people, ESPECIALLY in social interactions. I can tune-in to what others are feeling, but more often than not, I tend to active and amplify my own chakras, and see immediate feedback from the person I am with.

A good example of this is with attractive women. I can just focus my heart and sacral chakra and I can get them aroused very quickly. The results are instant. I could pretty much do a double-blind placebo experiment and prove this. As soon as I focus on my sacral and she is in the vicinity, I will notice some sort of reaction. I *know* this could be confirmation bias, but it's too blatantly obvious, and I don't want to mess around with this kind of stuff at all.

Another one would be my third eye, when I focus on it, I am *too* aware of everything, and I don't really like it. I want to know these things without my mind scrambling about them.

Right now I think the best thing for me to do would be return to a simple qigong routine, or just regular deep breathing meditation, but I am also curious about how to continue developing my chakras without overwhelming myself.

I hope this post made some sense, if not I will be happy to expand on this.

Thanks everyone!

I know what you mean. I think it's too much yang but not enough grounding or yin (depending if you're looking at it from the angle of the 3 pure ones or the just yin & yang). You gotta not get lost in the point or chakra. You are putting too much energy into it and getting pretty full on results but you need to stay grounded at the same time. You need to feel your whole body, hear the sounds around you and see and smell everything all at the same time as you are putting energy into a chakra. This way you can get the correct level of the desired feeling without having too much of it. Plus you have control over the power of several chakras at the same time. It's about how much focus you put where, and realizing the point where you are controlling all this from.

The fact that you say doing MMA (which is physical & grounding) has helped you, indicates what i say to be the case even more. IMO :)

Edited by z00se

Anyone have any advice at all? Should I just stay centered in the heart like I've been doing? It's like I've discovered a "turbo" button, but keeping it on is confusing and very demanding energetically... I don't know what to do! :/

Okay so this really jives with what I concluded intuitively, that I should focus on a more "grounding" method. What you guys just said is totally spot on.

Do you have any recommendations for this? I'm totally cool with a bare to the bone basic exercise that will help with keeping my feet planted firmly on the ground.

FWIW, I haven't gone to my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class for a couple of weeks due to time constraints (and also stopped all training for the past week to rest), and it is precisely during this period that I have felt overwhelmed with what I described in my original post. I'm starting again first thing tomorrow!

sometimes, what I like to do for grounding during sitting when my mind is greatly afflicted or agitated is visualize my body as possessing all of the elements of fresh earth, having a fragrant odor and feeling pleasurably soft and malleable like a great field ready for working. The mind is seen as slowly descending into the ground underneath the feet, and one's own legs are made to feel that descent. You go down as far as you like, having the mind drink in nutrients from deep within the earth as a flower would, taking in the moisture and becoming settled in stillness. Having achieved balance, this mind slowly returns up to the navel, and calmly disappears into the sea of energies you have collected, which then saturate the whole body with restful feelings.

This is beautiful! Thank you so much! :)

Would Bruce Frantsiz' water method be another good option?

sometimes, what I like to do for grounding during sitting when my mind is greatly afflicted or agitated is visualize my body as possessing all of the elements of fresh earth, having a fragrant odor and feeling pleasurably soft and malleable like a great field ready for working. The mind is seen as slowly descending into the ground underneath the feet, and one's own legs are made to feel that descent. You go down as far as you like, having the mind drink in nutrients from deep within the earth as a flower would, taking in the moisture and becoming settled in stillness. Having achieved balance, this mind slowly returns up to the navel, and calmly disappears into the sea of energies you have collected, which then saturate the whole body with restful feelings.

Would the Spring Forest Qigong standing active exercises (In Level 1) be appropriate to do as well?

Or should I stick with a basic Zhan Zhaung?

Sorry for all the questions, guys. I love y'all! :)

It's that thing about tweaking things. Yes, is powerful. Yes, helps to understand yourself and others. I guess I'm just not as into the 'powering up' as I was. It's like when you have a yoga teacher saying 'Accept things the way they are' really loudly during meditation.

Does the 'yi-chi-blood' thing still apply? All I'd suggest is don't leave a meditation without some kind of closing down, just so things don't 'unconsciously' stay in places they shouldn't.

---2bit advice---

My particular understanding is that by meditating on the LDT you will slowly transmute the energies of your body (Jing, Chi, Shen) and slowly but surely clear out the blockages in your body and "Open" all of your "Centres". Ofcourse this takes years to do.....best of luck.

-My 2 cents, Peace

But what about being heart-centered? That's where I tend to spend most of my time. Is the heart center a sufficiently grounded area? I work as a massage therapist, and I get the best results with clients when I use loving heart energy.

What I found works well is keeping my front body very "open". I can literally feel the positive energy radiating out, but what happens then is I start focusing on individual chakras and starting to "experiment" if you will, with the different energy centers. (Note: I *never* do this while working with a client!)

Anywho, I just did 15min of Zhan Zhaung and just that made a tremendous difference.

I'm having trouble picking out which grounding exercises/meditations will work best for me since I don't have much free time (at least not as much as I used to!)

I am not sure if that question was directed at me....however i will answer it. In my own practice i find that the KISS program is what works best for me. Meaning "Keep It Simple Stupid". Thus in my personal cultivation i tend to stick to my Neigong and practice that single thing very intensively and as a result have seen great results. I have other practices that i dabble in (Tai Chi, Kabbalah, Tarot) but they are complimentary practices and not something i dedicate hours of my time towards....note this is my personal preference.

Meditation on the LDT has been very grounding and stabilizing for me. However, you should find what works for you and find a balance in your practices. It seems from your post that you practice MMA very intensively.......chi gung or meditation is known as a good compliment to martial practices. IMO and IME if your martial practice does not eventually become spiritual then you're level of skill will always remain limited to the physical.

Also if you are a massage therapist i think it is definitely important to practice some kind of Chi-Gung or energetics given that people in your profession can pick up a lot of energetic junk off of their patients and become sick because of it.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

In regards to your question of whether the heart center is grounding....i don't know....has it been grounding for you? You said your spend all your time in that area? What have been your experiences?

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Good post OldGreen. Far too many flit from one cultivation to another.

Best to dig just the one well rather than have the farm dotted with dozens of half dug wells and no water.

On the 'heart-centered' question. My current take is 'it depends'. One thing to go into your heart center with no expectations about what will be found there. Quite another to go into your center with the expectation or burden that certain 'things' should be found there, should reside there.

For me there's a clear distinction between forced and non-forced practice. Shooting green light into a heart chakra vs seeing it for example. I figure that putting a heart chakra burden on a healer is an especially bad idea and likely leads to some kind of burnout.

-2cts opinion---

Our healers just shake their hands a few times, as if flicking water off them ; after each customer.

Seems to do the trick and they see lots of people every week.

But what about being heart-centered? .. sufficiently grounded area?

Often different traditions (or social groups) tend to emphasize a chakra, or a sequence of openings, or sets of them interplaying with a certain proportions - a "chord" if you will.

imo&e, I like balanced development. :) They all work together; it's unhealthy, imo, to isolate one in practice for too long. It's like lifting weights with just one arm, or having healthy lungs but ignoring your liver... it just doesn't work that way.

I find the mani mantra is a good method to explore the chakras.

I know it's wayyy too early to tell, but after experimenting for 2 days, I am still finding that I feel so much better after doing chakra meditations than after doing qigong (at least after doing SFQ).

With the qigong I am left feeling pretty good, physically, but very sluggish mentally, and a bit tired.

After the chakra meditations (especially kundalini yoga), I feel refreshed, happy, alert and motivated.

Perhaps simply adding some daily Zhang Zhuang to the meditations could be enough? I will report back my findings..