raimonio

The Kali Yuga ending

Hi,

I just read a very interesting article about the Yugas which claimed that the Kali Yuga would be ending in the year 2025 (other point was made for 2012, we'll see about that very soon). It also states that at the end of each Yuga there is always a catastrophic incident which basicly wipes the whole planet clean and then we have to begin civilizations from scratch.

http://www.viewzone.com/kali.html

What do you think?

I can tell you my opinion which is actually answering your question or I can tell you my opinion which isnt. Ill follow my heart.

I feel while it might be tempting to engage in fantasy, dwelling on these negative predictions could possibly become a self fulfilling prophecy, if the world dies the world dies and that is that.

But yeah peace man

I think kali yuga was literally in the dark ages, and we're actually in a good period of history. Look at human achievement in the past 100 or so years...it's like a second age of enlightenment. I don't believe the ages always end with a catastrophic disaster...there's a lot of nonsense discussed in spiritual circles.

• Like 2

A couple of decades ago cars were made to last almost indefinitely... fathers who owned cars would pass it on to the children, and thence to grandchildren, and so it is for many other things. Today things are being created and made to decay or breakdown at such speeds. This some call 'achievements'... i call it humanity's own creation to consume itself back to zero, like a snake biting its own tail, en masse. Why en masse? Because the whole info technological whizz has trumped in creating a global mindset that now only takes seconds for the whole of humanity to avail of information that could generate emotional energies on such an unprecedented scale that just contemplating the eventualities actually sometimes makes me shudder..

The way I see it, it is only the beginning.

Humans are about to become cyborgs. In a few years the artifical womb (https://en.wikipedia...tificial_uterus) will be a reality. Medicine will be able to create/replace (edited to add: thanks to stem cells technology) almost all organs of the body like a car is being repaired and our already-washed-out brains will be wired to the global network via microchips so mass-control will be total.

The self-destruction of the human potential is on the march.

So, all in all, I hope that some catastrophic incident will indeed put a stop to this crap.

Edited by bubbles

You can look at where humanity is at from many different perspectives, but I think it makes sense that humanity in general goes through the same process of growth through the chakras as all us humans do. In previous generations the majority of people were rural dwelling people who worshipped nature and shamanic spirits, so essentially they were more centred in the lower chakras. Then there emerged relatively in the same time period all the teachings of the prophets and Buddha which were more heart based so humanity was on course to progression to a higher level of balance. It was said that on the day Christ was crucified that the rumour was spread that the great God of nature Pan had been killed, which signifies that the old Pagan gods had been replaced and people rapidly began to move to urban centres and the worship of nature was replaced with religion.

It could be that the upheaval of the previous centuries is a result of the process of change of humanity to higher centres which is finally beginning to settle down into a more steady heart centred era, or it could be that humanity is about to go through the process of progressing to even higher centres and higher vibration now, as people are giving up on organised religion and developing more of a personal spirituality from a mix of teachings.

Assuming 'transhumanism' is actually a 'human' endeavour.

The Gnostics have a myth about the story of Earth that to me closely tracks with the current trajectory.

I'm not happy about the Kurzweil and Rockerfeller people's agenda re technology. I see it as an arrogant theft of human possibility and spirit.

But try explaining that to people who have no notion of their own possibilities and look to authority for everything.

• Like 1

To accept that Kali Yuga was ending at some future date you'd need to take on board the idea that it actually began at some stage.

I reckon stuff just happens.

• Like 3

But try explaining that to people who have no notion of their own possibilities and look to authority for everything.

That's precisely the reason why I don't buy the New Age stuff re global awakening etc.

Science and technology are running by themselves (actually by the unconscious collective mind). To stop them would require a forced global collapse of the system.

The average Joe/Jane is in a robot-like (mechanical) state as Gurdjieff stated it, What we are witnessing is just an actualisation and a deepening of that state through technological and scientifical means.

Our spirits have already collapsed and been smashed into our laptops and smartphones. I have seen in the two last decades how it has transformed people behavior (especially the young ones) so everything is now possible.

• Like 1

That's precisely the reason why I don't buy the New Age stuff re global awakening etc.

Science and technology are running by themselves (actually by the unconscious collective mind). To stop them would require a forced global collapse of the system.

The average Joe/Jane is in a robot-like (mechanical) state as Gurdjieff stated it, What we are witnessing is just an actualisation and a deepening of that state through technological and scientifical means.

Our spirits have already collapsed and been smashed into our laptops and smartphones. I have seen in the two last decades how it has transformed people behavior (especially the young ones) so everything is now possible.

The latest David Cronenberg film 'Cosmopolis' is more or less about this, how the world is being digitalised, roboticised and obsessed with money and the effect that has on our relationships and psyche.The actors talk almost robotic at times and it is not just because Robert Pattinson is the main character. Art reflects the times as they say.

• Like 1

Art reflects the times as they say.

Yes exactly, and some of art works are able to forecast the future

A couple of decades ago cars were made to last almost indefinitely... fathers who owned cars would pass it on to the children, and thence to grandchildren, and so it is for many other things. Today things are being created and made to decay or breakdown at such speeds. This some call 'achievements'... i call it humanity's own creation to consume itself back to zero, like a snake biting its own tail, en masse. Why en masse? Because the whole info technological whizz has trumped in creating a global mindset that now only takes seconds for the whole of humanity to avail of information that could generate emotional energies on such an unprecedented scale that just contemplating the eventualities actually sometimes makes me shudder..

I guess there are two sides to every coin...

the_glass_can_be_half_full_beer_poster-rb70f3071db4a4949a877483697cf79eb_q9j_210.jpg

edit: Also, it's good to keep in mind that you are currently feeling this way. You are not unaware of the problems that exist. You are capable of reflection. Do you know how many people feel the same way as you? This is quite normal...and it is not indicative of a dark age. IMO.

Edited by turtle shell

Kali yuga is a 25,000 year cycle that begun in 3112 bce. Not happening in 2012 or 2025

Yes there are many aspects to our current state. On the other hand we have so much information going about that it might be enevitable that at some point it generated a huge pressure that exploded and made a change. I believe that pressure is the thing that has been described in this thread for example. People feeling that there is something wrong with the system, I think this thought and feeling is widely spread. Even every day common people have this feeling now days. It is bound to result in a reaction at some point. We simply have too much information about the things we are doing wrong and the information is spread freely. I for one am really hopeful. The climate change.. Occupy wallstreet movement..

Dwai did you read the article? What do you think about the arguments?

I guess there are two sides to every coin...

the_glass_can_be_half_full_beer_poster-rb70f3071db4a4949a877483697cf79eb_q9j_210.jpg

edit: Also, it's good to keep in mind that you are currently feeling this way. You are not unaware of the problems that exist. You are capable of reflection. Do you know how many people feel the same way as you? This is quite normal...and it is not indicative of a dark age. IMO.

'Dark age' is just a term.

'Kali yuga' is also a term, one indicative of the speeding up of the creation and destruction and re-creation of existence.

If one ponders on the speed in which things are changing and evolving now, then it can be seen quite starkly that we are indeed in this age. Not dark, not light, not good, not bad... just that changes now happen at a super-fast rate, contrasted against previous phases of time.

Why i shudder sometimes is not because i am being negatively inclined, but simply dizzied by the speed of change.

Dwai is right.

The Vedas are very clear about it, and have every millimetre of the authority on the subject, as the concept of the Yugas, belongs entirely to the Vedas, as far as I know.

But that doesn't stop hippy channelers from trying to hijack the concept, and then claim that they are the ones who really know what is going on with the Yugas {trying to steal authority}, and that it is ending in 2012, in their imaginary golden age. They are afraid of anything that doesn't feel positive.

We are no where near a golden age. Most of the western worlds primary concern is what is in fashion and which sports hero's or celebrities are up to what, while the rest of the world is starving, or economically enslaved so we can get fat, and while we burn through the earth's precious resources at break neck speed.

We have lorded the Intellect as the supreme function of human beings, and pronounced 'thinking' as our highest capacity.

Golden age my ass. It is most definitely the age of decadent demons. {sorry to sound like sunlover but I am not as unforgiving of demons, lol }

Despite all this, I think it is a great time for spiritual advancement, due to the availability of schools and information, for the people who can pull their heads out of our cultures ass...

Blessings to all.

Edited by Seth Ananda
  • Like 1

Most surely we are in a dark age...

The current enslavement of humanity is much more subtle then previous... "the greatest prison is the illusion of freedom" ... others don't have that illusion.

Matrix

I am trying to find out why... tracing back history.

From my understanding so far it appears to be a foreign (alien / demonic) force that has been manipulating/ controlling / enslaving for at least 2000 years... I think its origins are in Babylon / Nimrod and these reptilian beings / half fish, half human shape shifters?

Maybe even further back than that... world mythologies with Man V Dragons?

I think we are at war and are not aware... well something is at war with humanity and we are unaware for the most.

Just follow the money / follow the destruction of knowledge.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Most of the western worlds primary concern is what is in fashion and which sports hero's or celebrities are up to what, while the rest of the world is starving, or economically enslaved so we can get fat, and while we burn through the earth's precious resources at break neck speed.

I really don't think this is true. It's just commonly said regarding the West, so it's assumed to be true. Do you know how many Westerners could give a crap about fashion/sport heroes/celebrities...do you know how many try to be green, to be healthy, to give money to good causes?

MOST.

An example...the Kony video this past year. Do you know how many views it got in just the first 6 days after it was posted? 100 million (that is approximately 1/3rd of the total American population!). That many people with internet and youtube access (mostly Westerners I'm sure) care about something that's not fashion, sports, celebrity bullshit...that care about something in a totally foreign part of the world that doesn't even effect them directly. Hardly even indirectly. Just out of pure empathy. They felt they could make a positive impact.

Again...notice that you and many others are saying things like this. You're reflecting on what's good and bad about our world and speaking your mind. That capability is a sign that we aren't living in a dark age. Knowing what's wrong is the most important aspect of changing what's wrong...and the traditional descriptions of kali yuga that I've read, say that people won't even be able to distinguish right from wrong at all.

If we are in kali yuga, according to wikipedia, we're in the first 10k years of it...which is not the actual bad time. After another 5k years or so, then it will finally be dark. If the myths of the yugas were true.

edit: maybe I shouldn't have said "most"...but many. You're not in a minority when you're shaking your head at the state of the world.

Edited by turtle shell
  • Like 1

Most surely we are in a dark age...

The current enslavement of humanity is much more subtle then previous... "the greatest prison is the illusion of freedom" ... others don't have that illusion.

Matrix

I am trying to find out why... tracing back history.

From my understanding so far it appears to be a foreign (alien / demonic) force that has been manipulating/ controlling / enslaving for at least 2000 years... I think its origins are in Babylon / Nimrod and these reptilian beings / half fish, half human shape shifters?

Maybe even further back than that... world mythologies with Man V Dragons?

I think we are at war and are not aware... well something is at war with humanity and we are unaware for the most.

Just follow the money / follow the destruction of knowledge.

No, white wolf running on air, you are the dragons.

really, we all are.

:)

No, white wolf running on air, you are the dragons.

really, we all are.

:)

Well I think there are two forces that are confused I havn't been able to tell/ define them very well... one being the 'reptile' the other being the serpent energy or kundalini? ( I know reptile + serpent snake ...thing..hence my distinction at present isn't all that great)

Hence when "Saint" Patrick (Catholic Church) cast the serpents out of Ireland this is metaphor for killing the serpent energy or enlightened beings. (I think)

Something fishy is going on however,

nimrod.jpg

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air