DreamBliss

Can anyone tell me about the eighth chakra?

There was a time, months ago, when I meditated on the landscapes of my chakra, and at some point I was joined by what others refer to as a spirit animal, Ayhunna, a red-tailed fox. As near as I could understand it his energy was used up about the 3rd or 4th chakra and I didn't have the heart to continue.

During our precursory explorations, before we began work on the base chakra, I visited my eighth chakra. It was somehow more real than the others. Ayhunna was dirty. It was wet and raining, a gray day, and we were on some sort of medieval battlefield. I watched a man take a huge sword to another man and then come towards me. Ayhunna and I fled.

But through everything that has happened, with Ayhunna's return and my return to my spiritual practice, I would like to know about this chakra that, so far in all my reading, is given only an indirect, cursory mention if at all.

Appreciate the help -

- DreamBliss

The eighth chakra (in the normal 7 chakra system) is the "integration" chakra. Some ancient texts describe it that after the crown is fully open, everything flows back into the heart. It is also sometimes described as the opening of the second "chamber" in the heart. The second "chamber" or bindu is directly connected to a chakra that can be felt above the crown. The eighth is really the merger (or integration) of the seven chakras of the body. Naropa (Tibetan Budhism) also describes it as a very advanced stage of "Tummo" and the beginning of the "completion stage". It is the beginning of oneness with everything.

:)

• Like 2

Woah! OK then, now I just have to figure out why mine is a "more real" midieval battlefield...

Thanks man!

The eighth is a universal (or shared) chakra for everyone. The medieval battlefield was probably the way your mind percieved/translated the group human energies. The energies at the 8th are at a level vastly beyond the "body energies" of the seven, so the the symbolism of the warrior probably was "telling you" that now was not the time. But, if you "knew" it was the eighth, you have a pretty good friend in that fox guiding you on your search.

The six yogas. There are many good descriptions, but I think something like "The Bliss of Inner Fire: Heart Practice of the Six Yogas of Naropa" (Courtin; Yeshe, Lama Thubten,..) is pretty good.

In the practice of Tummo, it is described as the winds coming back to reside in the heart. It is same as having "control" over Kundalini.

How long is this completion stage?

Is it the cultivation of celestial body, caus then im thinkin about seven years.

Hi MooNiNite,

I guess it depends on your definition of a celestial body. In most traditions I am familiar with, a celestial body is percieved as a form of "light body", which allows one to sort of pop around consciousness/existence. In the completion stage, one is breaking it down further into the components of light (rainbow) and then integrating into consciousness and then primordial awareness.

Depending on the approach, it is said to take anywhere from one lifetime to 3000.

Very interesting. The celestial body I am familiar with takes typically 7 years to form after enlightenment..or eighth chakra awareness. At first, It appears like a baby in the lower stomach or dan tian. When it is fully developed the practitioner can bring dead ones to heaven. It is the final achievement in daoism (according to my knowledge).

Thanks iv always wondered about the rainbow body..kind of a mystery body

Also, very interesting on the baby formation. Are there Taoist references that also describe the 8th chakra? I had always seen it as more a yoga term. Some traditions also sometimes call it the "inner heart".

Also, very interesting on the baby formation. Are there Taoist references that also describe the 8th chakra? I had always seen it as more a yoga term. Some traditions also sometimes call it the "inner heart".

I havent. Thats a good question.

Edited by MooNiNite

How/why would you think that someone who uses chakra awareness as a tool, would automatically be "attached" to chackras, and how would that differ from being aware of a dan tien?

I havent. Thats a good question. Iv heard that there are taoist chakra charts. There are certainly many tibetian charts. For taoist it mainly goes against their meditation practice to become attatched to chakras. There are alot of minor chakras on the path too. I think the taoists refer to the eighth chakra achievement as simply becoming one with tao. Or having fully opened third eye, but im all little hazy on when the third eye is fully open my experiences are not the same as others because of injuries.