Sign in to follow this  
hydrogen

Banana maybe bad for you.

Banana used to be my stable diet. Recently I found it didn't agree with my stomach. I didn't know why until I read a Chinese health book last night.

The author asserted that banana was yin food, and should be avoided in cold climate area unless it's used to balance too much yan food on purpose.

I then realized that my old lunch used to be bread,big chuck of meat, cheese and coffee with cream. Banana was a nice complement to these high energy food. Now I switched to rice, vegetables, moderate meat and tea. The yin of banana was too much for me in the cool autumn of Canada.

The book also stated that fruits don't have as much Qi as fresh vegetables in the current market. Because the fruits are usually collected unripe and are consumed in a few months after harvest, while the vegetables are still consumed in terms of weeks.

I used to think that banana was neutral to warm food due to its sweetness and soft texture. You learn something new every day :)

It is certanly best to eat local ,seasonal food. If eating banana ripe bananas are best otherwise many people tend to suffer from some problems.

Most Chinese said, if they eat banana with an empty stomach will have stomach problem such as stomach ache. It was OK to eat with something in the stomach.

FYI Banana has rich in potassium to relax the muscles. Otherwise, one may have cramps due to the lack of potassium.

Who was the book/author? I have been kind of looking into Tao of Balanced Diet: Secrets of a Thin and Healthy Body by Stephen Thomas Chang, but I am definitely interested in people's recommendations on texts like this. :)

It's a book in Chinese that was brought back from China by my brother. Even you read Chinese, I don't think you can buy it in North America.

It has some interesting method, like getting rid of "fake fire" inside your body by eating raw eels.

aha so it's the diet season

or duck season

There's no food that's perfect for you, everything will put some stress on the body. That's why we need to eat a lot of different things. Some things are even painful by themselves, try drinking apple juice and not eating anything, ow.

As the hypocritical animal killing organization PETA said once, "Living things are here to do their own thing"

Why else would a rose have thorns

Even breathing is bad for you, oxidation is the main cause of aging. (the other one is being old)

Try stopping breathing for your own health

Someone was advertising Five foods to Avoid on one site. That had a picture of a banana next to the ad.

I love em but could not eat one on an empty stomach. Sliced in porage though.... YUM

Sign in to follow this