digitalyogi

My Kundalini/Shaktipat Initiation

I didn't mean to take this thread off track. I just wanted to post that video which I saw a few weeks ago.

And I think what's important is to not have an experience and then think you've got it all down and now you can go and do something else. Unless that's what you really want.

I personally am celibate too. So I won't be joining OP with the masturbatory kriyas, unfortunately!

15 hours ago, Aletheia said:

I didn't mean to take this thread off track. I just wanted to post that video which I saw a few weeks ago.

And I think what's important is to not have an experience and then think you've got it all down and now you can go and do something else. Unless that's what you really want.

I personally am celibate too. So I won't be joining OP with the masturbatory kriyas, unfortunately!

Those "sexual" kriyas is how proper sublimation takes place. Forced celibacy isn't going to do anything because the body is not properly quipped to handle the charge. Believe me, I have tried. It's only when prana shakti is awakened by a real Guru that you will begin to develop spiritually. 

• Like 1

Just now, digitalyogi said:

Those "sexual" kriyas is how proper sublimation takes place. Forced celibacy isn't going to do anything because the body is not properly quipped to handle the charge. Believe me, I have tried. It's only when prana shakti is awakened by a real Guru that you will begin to develop spiritually. 

Well one of us must be in the wrong continent, never mind the right mountain range. I'll go and check my compass, stare at the stars and look at my map...

Okay today is an historic day because I literally managed to open a book for once and the page it opened at says this -

Abhinavagupta, the great tenth-century Siddha... says there are three types of saktipat -- tivra-tivra, tivra-madhya and tivra-manda, in that order and only the last need be initiated by a Guru. The other two forms are higher up the scale and are spontaneous awakenings without the need for a Guru.

I just noticed over the page the number actually goes up to 9 but my point stands!

And I'm just stating my opinion here when I say I don't think masturbation puts you on the path to spirituality. If that were the case there'd be an awful lot of enlightened people around and tbh honest with you I'm not really seeing it!

Hopefully that guy isn't charging you for this knowledge?

Masturbate your way to heaven. Let's trash the planet and move to mars!

What could go wrong? No really?

What I actually believe all that moving of the body is about is the unblocking of bad energy. My legs were shaking the other day over the course of 2 or 3 days and then the last time they shook it was for about 7 seconds and then the channel opened up and I could feel a constant flow of energy going up my legs and energy all around my feet too.

Admittedly I wasn't really doing my standing exercises properly before then (i.e. wasn't doing any standing practice) so there you go!

There's another form of shaking too perhaps but I don't know anything about that.

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

Actually on the first page of this book it mentions n/um and the "Kung people."

I've not read the book so I can't recommend it but it's called "The Sacred Power" by Swami Kripananda

• Like 1

"And I'm just stating my opinion here when I say I don't think masturbation puts you on the path to spirituality."

Nobody said it did. The kriays I was talking about happen spontaneously under the intelligent control of the prana shakti!! If you don't understand what I'm talking about, it's ok, maybe someday you'll understand when you get proper initiation. 

• Like 3

On 8/7/2017 at 3:54 PM, digitalyogi said:

Vomit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, digitalyogi said:

Your input is greatly appreciated. :lol:

No problem. As long as that type of nonsense is passed off as some type of fact(needing a "guru" to even begin to develop spiritually) then I will reply in kind. 

6 minutes ago, digitalyogi said:

Well, stretch that face and keep reading. You just might learn something today. :)

eh. If I want to be manipulated I at least prefer  being entertained while it's being done to me, so I'll pass. Thanks though.

Edited by bax44

1 minute ago, digitalyogi said:

The only thing that is manipulating you is your own ego. 

Perhaps. But better my own ego than an overweight Indian guy claiming to be a guru giving me "the tingles" in my solar plexus chakra. I'm sure if I was a real good boy and prayed to him he'd send blissss consciousnezzz feels to my crown.

Just now, bax44 said:

Perhaps. But better my own ego than an overweight Indian guy claiming to be a guru giving me "the tingles" in my solar plexus chakra. I'm sure if I was a real good boy and prayed to him he'd send blissss consciousnezzz feels to my crown.

You would be surprised at what is possible, but I can see that ego has a good grip on you and won't let you experience something new and profound. Best of luck in your spiritual journey.

26 minutes ago, digitalyogi said:

You would be surprised at what is possible, but I can see that ego has a good grip on you and won't let you experience something new and profound. Best of luck in your spiritual journey.

Im sure transmission is possible occasionally. I tried watching the video at the beginning of the thread, and really... I experience more profundity by watching My beagle sleep, so there's that.

But to say that the only way to begin to be spiritual is to be blessed in "shaktipat" by a guru is pure unadulterated horse shit, so I just wanted to chime in and say that I thought so.. no offense to you personally.

best of luck to you too.

Edited by bax44

The mantra that is given in the video has to be chanted continuously until the kriyas begin. Effort is required on the part of initiate.

EDIT: In my case, I had to chant for several hours. I have heard with some people that chanting for several days is necessary. 

EDIT 2: You can read the complete meditation instructions here: http://gurusiyagyoga.com/method-of-meditation/

Edited by digitalyogi
  • Like 1

I watched him repeat that mantra for a minute or two. 

It did seem to be doing something energetically. 

Not really interested in pursuing it any further but figured I'd share my 02 cents. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 10:01 PM, Fa Xin said:

I watched him repeat that mantra for a minute or two. 

It did seem to be doing something energetically. 

Not really interested in pursuing it any further but figured I'd share my 02 cents. 

Thanks for sharing your experience. I've been in this sadhana for 5+ years now, so feel free to ask any questions.

Sure. Thanks for your openness. 

watching him recite the mantra...i did feel it draw me in a bit. I felt like if I let myself get absorbed by it it would start doing things. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 5:56 PM, Fa Xin said:

Sure. Thanks for your openness. 

watching him recite the mantra...i did feel it draw me in a bit. I felt like if I let myself get absorbed by it it would start doing things. 

Thanks for sharing. 

This is very interesting to hear.I have heard other disciples of Guru Siyag say that the chanting has completely cured them of various psychological illnesses, as well as serious physical ailments like hepatitis/cancer, although I have not examined the medical reports to verify those claims. 

But given what I have experienced over the last few years, I wouldn't be surprised if such radical healing is possible.

Edited by digitalyogi
  • Like 1