digitalyogi

My Kundalini/Shaktipat Initiation

A few months back, I watched a video on youtube of this master/guru giving a skaktipat initiation with a mantra phrase that was to be repeated after the initiation. I did not think much of it, and thought it was not going to do anything. After watching the video and receiving the mantra, to my utter amazement, I felt like some kind of energy was coursing through my spine. It completely took me by surprise.

On the website of this guru it was stated that after the initiation, the initiate should visualize the guru's picture and chant the mantra silently. On the website it also stated that after you receive initiation, when the kundalini starts to get activated, the body of the initiate may start performing all kinds of yogic postures and breathing exercises in an involuntary fashion. So after I received the initiation, I sat down to meditate and started repeating the mantra, and immediately I felt like my body wanted to move on its own. To my utter amazement and disbelief, my body started to move and perform yogic postures one after the other.

The postures my body was performing were very unique and "clever," - I had never seen them in any book on yoga, and I have read a few. This lasted for about 1 hour straight without stopping. It felt like I was in a meditative state and my body was like a doll being moved into different postures with incredible precision. After this phenomena subsided, I felt very peaceful and centered. It was like a natural high, it was one of the most incredible and amazing things that has happened in my entire life.

It seems that the kundalini/prana shakti knows each person's body and what needs to be done to achieve optimal results.

I have been doing this form of yoga for the past several months now, and over time the exercises have shifted from physical postures, to very heavy breathing exercises. Other movements/routines involve breath retention (pranayama as far as I can tell) with all kinds of abdominal and chin locks, in addition to many mudras (hand gestures) that I have seen in various yogic texts/books. The sheer variety and combinations of these involuntary yogic movements has left me absolutely speechless and in absolute awe. I was a big skeptic of these spiritual masters/gurus, thinking that most of them were despicable charlatans who were mostly exploiting gullible spiritual seekers, but this Guru's initiation has forced me to reconsider my stance.

The guru's name is Guru Siyag. I have pasted the facebook and mantra videos bellow if anyone is interested.

Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/GuruSiyagsYoga

After watching the video, please read the meditation instructions here: http://www.the-comforter.org/How_to_Meditate.html

Mantra Video 1:

Mantra Video 2:

Edited by digitalyogi
dead links
  • Like 3

Interesting post!

I watched the 1st video twice. First time I couldn't get over the obvious teleprompter reading and very thick glasses and the (obviously) lightbulb in back of his head and the excruciating editing. Also I did feel a little heat at tailbone so I found that silly. And when I watched it a second time, nothing much. The mantra was hilarious.

• Like 1

He's not very high in the pro-guru league tables over at Sarlos Guru rating service but if it works for you, go with it.

As may be my cynical Brit Taoist Grandmaster:-)

However, just occurred to me that the OP was posting about THEIR experience and so I'm kind of feeling bad about dissing the video IF the OP feels that's where the experience came from. JB made a very nice post up in the other section of the website which was about consciousness ---and here we have a living JB to say what he actually said.

Edit: 'bout halfway down http://thetaobums.com/topic/25126-direct-transmission-thru-a-bookwebcast/page__st__16

Edited by -K-

Fair dos. Whatever floats anyone's boat floats the boat.

Anyone getting a living from guru-ing in these straitened times deserves our respect if not, necessarily ;our individual devotion.

Sarlos is a kind of 'Which guru' consumer guide. Bit like trip advisor is for hotels.

Did u try the meditation? Try it see what happens.

Interesting post!

I watched the 1st video twice. First time I couldn't get over the obvious teleprompter reading and very thick glasses and the (obviously) lightbulb in back of his head and the excruciating editing. Also I did feel a little heat at tailbone so I found that silly. And when I watched it a second time, nothing much. The mantra was hilarious.

I ought to.

Except I dunno if I want all those spontaneous yoga postures.

Ok, I don't want them.

Maybe I could sneak around myself and do it. If/when I do I will report back:-)

• Like 2

Fair dos. Whatever floats anyone's boat floats the boat.

Anyone getting a living from guru-ing in these straitened times deserves our respect if not, necessarily ;our individual devotion.

Sarlos is a kind of 'Which guru' consumer guide. Bit like trip advisor is for hotels.

Link please?

It is not like you are locked into some kind of routine. You can always stop whenever you wish. LOL

I ought to.

Ok, I don't want them.

It is not like you are locked into some kind of routine. You can always stop whenever you wish. LOL

Yeah. Sort of. This 'Kundalini' business is quite a. I'm figuring I'm alright fer now now without a bunch of 'spontaneous' happenings.

So you would have seen me dancing around my living room for hours on end, filled with joy of the realization that there is no God out there.

I ought to.

Ok, I don't want them.

So I should follow up on this 'spontaneous' stuff. Day before yesterday, full undulating (3 bend) spine cracking wave. Not painful, not blissful. Was followed later by softer warm golden waves (no outward movement) and then decreased to a warm golden light.

Can u elaborate? What kind of spiritual practice are you following?

So I should follow up on this 'spontaneous' stuff. Day before yesterday, full undulating (3 bend) spine cracking wave. Not painful, not blissful. Was followed later by softer warm golden waves (no outward movement) and then decreased to a warm golden light.

Can u elaborate? What kind of spiritual practice are you following?

Well, that was it really. I'm doing relatively persistent mindfulness (all day) and emptiness meditation before I fall asleep but I figure this particular stuff was brought on by MCO following a fun time (if you 'get' what I mean without me having to be explicit).

I'm not a huge fan of kundalini stuff but hey.

Been going for 6 months now with this and my body looks completely different from when i started. Due to all the bhandas my abdominal region and entire body has been strengthened tremendously and I have had some amazing meditative blisses and experiences. So many spontaneous mudras and kriyas(including masturbatory ones) that I have completely lost count LOL.For anyone looking for initiation I highly recommend this.

• Like 1

The girl "buddha boy" chained up then broke her wrists has a video on kundalini awakening -

Some of the things she says ring true, about the experience itself that is, for me. There's a lot of other things she says I don't agree with. EDIT: I just re-watched it and mainly what I disagree with, just going by my own personal experience, is just some of the the things at the start.

For me I had a lot of energy in the pelvic region mostly at the front and I thought I'd try the MCO for really the first time so I put some energy at the bottom of the spine and from there it shot up to my head and the second that happened I was in a different world. I opened my eyes and it was like a waking dream with vivid colours in the room and I was filled with warm love energy.

I thought I had achieved half the MCO at that point and I still had loads of energy in my pelvic region so I had to concentrate on keeping my consciousness in my head. Every time I forgot about doing that it fell down into the fire again.

So I ended having to join this forum to ask where I was supposed to store all that energy LOL

Then what happened is my Internet blew out so I couldn't read any of the replies.

When you join the forum it says you only have so many posts and I was worried about that so I just put everything in my first post -

That was after being celibate for 5 days and reading some of drew's posts. One or two months later and I was in another panic after I realized I could project qi and heal my friend's leg! One or two months after that I was having my face chewed off with huge magnetic forces when my 3rd eye opened plus almost going into levitation when I felt myself going light during the process!

Right so you can see in that thread after only two days the only chakra points I couldn't feel were the very top of the head and the 3rd eye. All the rest went warm or hot when I put qi there for the first time. I remember that. Then I posted back here another time and said I felt heat at the 3rd eye when that opened up for the first time. That was after the heart and LDT seemed to have joined and was the only time I felt heat in my head!

So I recommend drew's FREE PDF everyone on this forum is trying to censor.

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 2

Regarding the video I was still and lying on my back when Kundalini occurred. That's just my experience though so I can't comment on whether that's the only authentic way like she says in the video i.e. being still.

The only shaking I've experienced has been very recent with wide horse stance moving yin/yang where my legs will shake for 30 to 90 seconds or so and then I go into a state of stillness and I notice everything almost comes to a stop -- mind and hands. I think that's my legs opening up properly because I hadn't been doing my standing exercises like I should have been doing.

I'm going to go and meditate now because today I've not done much, only 25 mins of moving yin/yang followed by chi balls. That's my worst day since I started taking this more seriously!

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

Anyway I'll edit this post and add the following instead.

I do think it's funny I was talking about the media going through a kundalini wakening in my first thread at this forum and by the looks of things not much has changed concerning what I think since then!

I'll try and come up with some new ideas!

Edited by Aletheia