SunLover

Why are there fewer women than men in search of Enlightenment and Freedom from Samsara?

I think celibacy and dedication to a solitary spiritual pursuit is a valid perhaps even admirable path. Much nobler than desperately seeking relationships with unrealistic expectation of the other person and relationship then continually bashing the partner over the head with blame guilt and only partially conscious agendas.

• Like 1

I hear you. How much compatibility are you seeking? 100%? 90%? 75%?

I do understand your ultimate goal and that you want that to correspond. But what if some of the smaller "goals and dreams" were a bit different? :huh:

I don't know really. I've never even met someone that was 1% compatible with me.

• Like 1

stosh, about the person shouting into a tin can to someone sitting behind him an inch away. many projections are possible onto this image, of course. how about considering that is a depiction of a) our culture and a) the insides of our heads.

True , but in the context it was in I didnt see it that way

and still dont , but

there is no cosmic requirement that folks see eye to eye on everything

Its not even probable.

Oh bother :)

movin on

Stosh

And when we no longer find the need to judge anything as beautiful or ugly we will have either escaped dualisic thinking or have lost our mind.

Funny that. C.T., I think we should look at it the way you presented above. And even then, both beauty and ugly are subjective so they aren't even "truths".

Hi Marbles!

Havent had the pleasure to chat with you in a while...

As a beginner like myself, i dont even think of escaping dualistic thinking -- i'd be so happy just to be aware when it happens, so i know that its happening, and not get lost or carried away. Sometimes it helps to remain in the middle, sometimes i get swayed for a while, but often, i find that when my awareness is present, i dont get swayed that much anymore. Im starting a bit late in life, but what the heck, its a start. hehe...

Long skirts leave nothing to the imagination… who doesn't know what's under there, hmmmm? It's the walkin' talkin'…haha!

Women are naturally sybaritic, as are men… but only women are allowed to indulge this (outside of fundamentalist moralities). Or, put another way, the culturally limited feminine expression is only acceptable to the masculine as this… it is not that so few women compared to men seek enlightenment.

After all… since there are no words, who but the male would insist on using them— heehee!!

But I'm not complaining…❤

I think celibacy and dedication to a solitary spiritual pursuit is a valid perhaps even admirable path. Much nobler than desperately seeking relationships with unrealistic expectation of the other person and relationship then continually bashing the partner over the head with blame guilt and only partially conscious agendas.

There is much higher pressure from society, media, government, parents, siblings, family, relatives, friends, neighbors, colleagues being placed on women to get hitched and be nothing more than baby factory machines. It is as if there is this subconscious/unconscious group-think in society that if a woman is still unattached and unmarried by her 30s or 40s or if a woman has never given birth to a baby by her 30s and 40s, that means that this woman is "undesirable" and a failure as a woman because she has failed to become a mother.

This train of un-evolved thought is extremely dangerous to the average female spiritual aspirant. Women and men for that matter have a much higher destiny than being just slave workers, farm animals and baby-making factory machines.

You look deeper than their personality?

Rubbish! How do you look deeper than a person's personality when the person's personality is the core of she/he is?

You look at what about it repulses you, which tends to be something about yourself that you don't accept that you see in her.

And if you follow the rabbit hole down, you'll find that as you love yourself more, you'll love everyone in turn.

Yes, actually that is what I've seen.

That the woman who is emotionally abused by her father, is looking for a man to emotionally abuse her. And she emotionally abuses him in kind. And that for the cycle to break someone has to grow.

John

What is wrong with repulsion? Repulsion is the very thing that sets apart the good from the bad. If you are not repulsed by anything at all in life, you might as well eat feces from a toilet bowl and call it the best meal you have ever eaten.

There is a limit to love for love can only be governed by and used with wisdom. Would you love a slut who sleeps around? I personally find sluts who sleep around to be nothing more than disgusting public urinals.

The whole point of being in a relationship is that you are happier with someone, than you were living alone.

I've been miserable trying to date normal women, I'd rather live alone than to date a fake plastic doll of a person.

That's just how I feel.

But relationships are supposed to bring you pain, not happiness. If you do not experience pain, then how is your soul gonna get the motivation to want to evolve out of a material existence?

If everybody is living the life of paradise on planet earth, who would want to leave planet earth for higher dimensions?

Hi sun lover

I've got a feeling that you've taken some of the mythology about the spiritual life in a one-sided way.

I'm not denying the Gods and deities, its just that you don't have to meditate to see them. Perhaps it makes it clearer if i say that most people see a small number of Gods in their lives. They are the ones we fall in love with. For some reason we can meet a person and we see them with clear spiritual vision, just to look at them is a beautiful and meaningful experience. We might marry them and in time the 'scales might fall from our eyes' but when that happens it is our spiritual vision that fails us, nothing else.

People who cultivate their spiritual vision find that they are able to love and see transcendent beauty in more and more people. This is because their spiritual vision is developing in magnitude beyond the normal person. With time you start to understand the true meaning of the word 'angel'. On the one hand we know that they are just regular people but we see so much beauty and meaning in them, even with strangers sometimes, that they appear as something divine.

All this happens while still going about our daily life. Going to work, going shopping the formerly miserable world of samsara is being transformed day by day by day.

At some point it will occur to you that each person is a potential deity. You realise that it is your own lack of faith, lack of vision that stops them from being so - it is not something defective in them.

You talk so much about the miserable state of your fellow bipeds. You seem to want to escape them through meditation. Maybe escape works for you - the way of the arhat - where the whole universe is realised within you.

All this is fine, but there is another way, and that is to stay exactly where you are and accept and work with whatever life brings you. Rather then modify your experience by running off alone to some mountain you can modify your interpretation of your experience and stay exactly here.

Both ways work. But if you could understand that whether you stay or go, sincere practice will yield exactly the same results and exactly the results that you want - then it would help you with the frantic attitude that comes across in your posts.

If you say you don't want a companion and mean it then it is your choice. But if you think you do, it is perfectly possible to meet a true angel right on your doorstep - you just have to understand how.

You know seriously I studied the Shurangama Sutra and it says that in the dharma ending age, demons and devils of all sorts would come out of the woodwork and profess that the way of enlightenment is love, love, love. Let me ask you then, would you love a mass-murderer who rapes little children and kill people for drug money? I wouldn't.

The way of staying in seclusion in the mountains away from humanity is not "escape". It is called "evolution". It is understanding that the whole of humanity in all countries everywhere is totally corrupt and you want nothing more than to evolve yourself to get away from all the corruption that humanity is made of.

Every human in this world is corrupt to some degree or another simply because we live in a animalistic society. And if you dare to compare filthy corrupt humans to Multi-Dimensional Gods then I say you better watch your step in rainy weather cos you have just made a very sacrilegious statement.

rainbowvein,

Sure tons, that's not what I am looking for though. I am looking for somewho who shares my goals and dreams, so that we can combine our efforts to work towards them.

If I can't find someone like that I'd rather live alone.

The only person whom I can accept is a 5th and higher dimensional female who knows how to turn her body into a rainbow body of light in an instant and who knows how to break samsara and cycle of rebirth and death immediately and such a enlightened female must be willing to teach me all she know without any conditions whatsoever.

Courage? Nobility? ... by what standard? by what definition? by yours?

Your "truth" is borrowed nonsense that has your mind, body and spirit in a bind.

... why not water fast for a week?

purify your body, sit in nature, bask in the sun...breathe the perfume of flowers... watch the stars...

There is no courage in running away from the world and finding the easiest quickest manner possible to escape...

The world is actually what you are looking for... if you can't see divinity in the world... in a flower... in grass...birds... the sky... mountains and rivers... in simple acts of love and compassion... tenderness, creativity, you will never find it.

It is impossible to know your situation... you may be living in hell for all we know?

Humanity is in the grip of darkness... but there is beauty here still.

There is still something worth fighting for.

The most courageous thing which man can accomplish is to ..

1) understand that there is no hope left for this world and humanity.

2) understand that this world and humanity is completely corrupt.

3) take any and all possible means to evolve yourself to such a stage that you will be able to cut off all your karmic connections with humanity forever and especially to cut off all your karmic connections with your loved ones.

If you are able to cut off all your karmic connections with your loved ones and family because you want to evolve and transform yourself into a God and leave humanity and this world immediately, this is the bravest, coolest thing which any man can accomplish.

stock-photo-alien-planet-aries-part-volcanic-fantasy-landscape-with-mountains-and-lakes-moon-and-mystic-sky-88465786.jpg

Let me ask you then, would you love a mass-murderer who rapes little children and kill people for drug money? I wouldn't.

Then you're just like 99.999999999999999999% of the world.

• Like 1

Rubbish! How do you look deeper than a person's personality when the person's personality is the core of she/he is?

Look below their personality desires and what do you find ? a sensitive person who wants to be happy and not suffer just like you, it is possible to relate to people and love them on this basic human level. Why do you think so many people have been kind to you on this board during your various incarnations ? I'll give you a hint by telling you its not because of the way you have been manifesting your personality, they see below all the crap which you come out with.

• Like 3

The most cowardly, and selfish giving up a man can accomplish is to ..

3) take any and all possible means to evolve yourself to such a stage that you will be able to cut off all your karmic connections with humanity forever and especially to cut off all your karmic connections with your loved ones.

If you are able to cut off all your karmic connections with your loved ones and family because you want to evolve and transform yourself into a God and leave humanity and this world immediately, this is the most cowardly and selfish thing which any man can accomplish.

stock-photo-alien-planet-aries-part-volcanic-fantasy-landscape-with-mountains-and-lakes-moon-and-mystic-sky-88465786.jpg

• Like 2

The only person whom I can accept is a 5th and higher dimensional female who knows how to turn her body into a rainbow body of light in an instant and who knows how to break samsara and cycle of rebirth and death immediately and such a enlightened female must be willing to teach me all she know without any conditions whatsoever.

lol, why would she want to be with you?

What do you have to offer her other than bitterness, judgment, and pronounced self loathing?

Nothing.

How come you dont have compassion for others or yourself, who are not at this place yet? Surely you can accept that she was once where you and we are now?

A being like that has amazing compassion.

• Like 3

Wow, you are probably the least insightful person I have ever heard talk. You are so devoid of Insight, that it is amazing you think yourself 'Spiritual'

Not to mention the great teachers of the world have said Buddha nature is within everyone.

How do you blindly ignore such teachings, and continue to pour out your hate and bile on all the poor suffering humans out there.

As a Counsellor i can tell you that there is no such thing as a person who is only their personality. Even murderers and rapists have Hearts hidden under layers of pain and contraction.

• Like 5

The most cowardly, and selfish giving up a man can accomplish is to ..

If you are able to cut off all your karmic connections with your loved ones and family because you want to evolve and transform yourself into a God and leave humanity and this world immediately, this is the most cowardly and selfish thing which any man can accomplish.

I see.. so are you saying all Buddhas who want to leave Samsara and break the cycle of rebirth and death are selfish cowards?

Are you calling The Buddha a selfish coward for leaving his wife and kids?

This is the most demonic statement I have ever come across in my life. I suggest you say that to any monk and see him shake his head in bitter disappointment.at how far humanity has devolved.

Edited by SunLover

lol, why would she want to be with you?

What do you have to offer her other than bitterness, judgment, and pronounced self loathing?

Nothing.

How come you dont have compassion for others or yourself, who are not at this place yet? Surely you can accept that she was once where you and we are now?

A being like that has amazing compassion.

A being like that has amazing compassion and even greater wisdom. Why would such a woman want to be with me? Because I am far more evolved than 99.9999999% of the humans out there in the world.

Wow, you are probably the least insightful person I have ever heard talk. You are so devoid of Insight, that it is amazing you think yourself 'Spiritual'

Not to mention the great teachers of the world have said Buddha nature is within everyone.

How do you blindly ignore such teachings, and continue to pour out your hate and bile on all the poor suffering humans out there.

As a Counsellor i can tell you that there is no such thing as a person who is only their personality. Even murderers and rapists have Hearts hidden under layers of pain and contraction.

There is a difference between murderers/rapists who kill and rape because they want to fulfill their greedy selfish desires and holy angels who kill such demonic murderers/rapists to prevent the further corruption of sin.

You are not worthy of being a true Counsellor.

Why would such a woman want to be with me? Because I am far more evolved than 99.9999999% of the humans out there in the world.

You will probably be telling us that you are humble and compassionate next

Hi Marbles!

Havent had the pleasure to chat with you in a while...

As a beginner like myself, i dont even think of escaping dualistic thinking -- i'd be so happy just to be aware when it happens, so i know that its happening, and not get lost or carried away. Sometimes it helps to remain in the middle, sometimes i get swayed for a while, but often, i find that when my awareness is present, i dont get swayed that much anymore. Im starting a bit late in life, but what the heck, its a start. hehe...

Hi C.T.,

Yes, it has been a while. Different interests during different times during our life.

I think you are touching a key concept here and that is "awareness". In most cases, I think, if we are aware of our inner and external conditions there is no reason to pass judgements on them as being good/bad or any of the other dualistic separators. Yes, that thought just came to my mind - dualistic judgements are separators - we exclude much of life from our experiences based solely on subjective judgements.

Even my "useful/useless" concept can exclude things and ideas prematurely.