Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

This is really interesting: Eyewitness to the Paranormal: The Experimental Psychology!

You don't run into people all the time that have ghost stories, or stories about unexplained phenomina that they couldn't explain? Most people just don't talk about it.

I even have two uncles that were out fishing and saw a travelling light at different places in the ocean that stopped all electrical equipment as it passed by, I just heard that one by accident. Otherwise these guys have no interest in that sort of thing. It's just so much more common than people realize. Ghost stories too, I ran into an athiest that had a ghost experience he won't ever forget, but he is still athiest, or so he says.

I don't tend to take CSICOP too seriously. They seem to most often just be a front for hardline materialism.

As soon as I saw who some of their founding members were on their 'about me' page I thought the same thing. I would have fit right in 10 or 15 years ago but that whole kind of attitude is not something I take seriously now.

This is a reasonably objective take on them as an organization:

http://geoffolson.co...00/page100.html

For a possibly less objective, but funnier bit of coverage on the organization, check out the writings or audio interviews by Robert Anton Wilson on the subject.

Interesting article and doesn't surprise me in the least. RAW's comments made me laugh as well:

Writer Robert Anton Wilson, who penned a blistering attack on the organization called The New Inquisition, jokes that CSICOP stands for the Committee for Slander, Invective and Calumny against Open-minded People.

:D

Sign in to follow this