Lucky7Strikes

My Experiences with Sadhguru, Isha, Inner Engineering, and BSP

No source, no creator. LOL

Yes, yes...I concur. Otherwise, the power of christ will compel me and the demons of eternalism will overpower me, exposing the fallacy of such an ideology and putting cracks into this support of my mistaken reality; thereby swaying me to accepting a higher power. I then start to break out in a cold sweat as my heart starts to beat at a tremendously high rate, as I scream: Ahh.. AHHH! AHHHHHH!

I have to keep this delusional facade of "Buddhist truth," intact long enough so that I can take my SOMA (i.e. fluoridated water, mixed with a brand of protein powder that contains mercury and carcinogens,) which causes me to fall in an apathetic stupor,

dulling my senses, as I'm comforted by a voice in the back of my head that drones: "It's alright, it's all empty, dependently originated; anatta, anatta, anatta, anatta, anatta....Ahh...ahhhhh..ahhmmmmmmmm..."

:lol:

Hey, are you by any chance "osho" on Dharmawheel? Wondering, cause both of you have the same avatar. Just curious, is all.

P.S. I have nothing personal against Christianity. Jesus is my homeboy :)

Yep you got me

:-)

Osho, better than no show!

In tonight's show, you don't even need an ID!

Mrs. Grandmaster P!

She's got the panacea for your needs;

no need for dirty deeds!

I wonder about you sometimes, SJ... :D

You give new meaning to the term, 'poetic justice'.

Tibetan Ice at one point in this thread asked to come back after sometime with Isha and re assess my experiences...

So it's been about 2 years with Isha, and a year and a half after coming back from BSP when I began this topic. I was in absolutely delirious ecstasy during these weeks. During the whole month my veins were just pumping blissful awareness. I would throw all my clothes off and dance for an hour, lol. I dropped everything in my life: school, job, internship...and went and lived at the ashram for three months. It was challenging there because hidden blocks and emotions emerged all the time and with unrelenting force. The energy of the temple penetrates you. I would often get into quarrels with the monks there over small things, but then go into uncharted states of meditation effortlessly. I would be just sitting behind the temple and enter absorptive states of great energy and awareness.

Then I attended a 8 day silence program with Sadhguru...and coming out of that program...I came out a different person. Something within me shifted, became totally silent. A lot of identification I carried melted away at levels I wasn't even aware of. It was at first hard to recognize what exactly had happened, because I would find myself thinking and moving differently than I had before. Meditation became such an easy practice for me. Just sitting, intensely alive and aware.

I returned this year again for a month. And this time each day at the ashram was such a blessing. The community, the people, and the temple...it wasn't even really about Sadhguru anymore. If one is open to it..the place is total magic. I remember walking out of morning meditation with tears of gratitude..just love flowing through everything...

During my time with Isha there has never ever been a hint or story of exploitation. I met many people there...people there who work ten hours a days but with much joy, willingness and energy. Everyone who has been with Isha is so alive and intense. Its great to see.

There has been so much love. freedom, and ease blossoming within me since my time with Isha..I look back even two three years now and I can hardly recognize myself. Well...so here is my report back after sometime..hehe.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 11

Here is Sadhguru's clip called "Why do you tell people not to do Healing?"

1) In this video, he claims that healing someone doesn't really heal them, that the deeper problem is not eradicated and that it will resurface at a later time.

2) He claims that Jesus always said that "it is not me, it is you" after healing someone.

3) He claims that Jesus taught kriya yoga in the Gospel of Peace.

4) He says that healing is medling with life.

Sadhguru must not be familiar with high-level Qigong healing, where the goal is not to cure, but to help a person reach their destiny.

That is not meddling in life, but giving the greatest assistance possible whilst respecting free will at the highest level.

And the funny thing is, almost always their afflictions disappear with high-level Qigong treatment, which suggests that it is every person's destiny to live and play on this planet as incarnations of divine beings. Being perfect and manifesting their destiny.

The karmic debts of a person touched by high-level energies may be spontaneously settled, which may remove the need for further suffering.

I will never accept that a person must make peace with a diseased state, as if it is unalterable, as Sadhguru suggests. Through the practice of correct methods every capable, if diseased, human may realize his own divinity.

Tibetan Ice at one point in this thread asked to come back after sometime with Isha and re assess my experiences...

So it's been about 2 years with Isha, and a year and a half after coming back from BSP when I began this topic. I was in absolutely delirious ecstasy during these weeks. During the whole month my veins were just pumping blissful awareness. I would throw all my clothes off and dance for an hour, lol. I dropped everything in my life: school, job, internship...and went and lived at the ashram for three months. It was challenging there because hidden blocks and emotions emerged all the time and with unrelenting force. The energy of the temple penetrates you. I would often get into quarrels with the monks there over small things, but then go into uncharted states of meditation effortlessly. I would be just sitting behind the temple and enter absorptive states of great energy and awareness.

Then I attended a 8 day silence program with Sadhguru...and coming out of that program...I came out a different person. Something within me shifted, became totally silent. A lot of identification I carried melted away at levels I wasn't even aware of. It was at first hard to recognize what exactly had happened, because I would find myself thinking and moving differently than I had before. Meditation became such an easy practice for me. Just sitting, intensely alive and aware.

I returned this year again for a month. And this time each day at the ashram was such a blessing. The community, the people, and the temple...it wasn't even really about Sadhguru anymore. If one is open to it..the place is total magic. I remember walking out of morning meditation with tears of gratitude..just love flowing through everything...

During my time with Isha there has never ever been a hint or story of exploitation. I met many people there...people there who work ten hours a days but with much joy, willingness and energy. Everyone who has been with Isha is so alive and intense. Its great to see.

There has been so much love. freedom, and ease blossoming within me since my time with Isha..I look back even two three years now and I can hardly recognize myself. Well...so here is my report back after sometime..hehe.

Lucky !

Long time no see!

Thank you for writing about your experience.

Actually I was thinking about you about two days ago.

Sounds like you have had some profound changes and to be honest, you sound like a different person to me now.

I'm glad it all worked out for you. You just can't argue with love.

:)

TI

• Like 4

All the stuff that goes on in meditation, at the ashram, and so forth is all well and good but what really is important is this -

Very nice to hear that you are feeling ease and comfort - may it continue to grow and stabilize in you.

_/\_

• Like 1

This was actually the thread that made me come here.

This is all I have to say:

Sadhguru says his own enlightenment is impossible?

Sadhguru (Jaggi Vasudev) is an indian mystic who claims he has reached enlightenment, leading to him becoming a spiritual leader.

He said that he achieved enlightenment by sitting in meditation on a small hill, and suddenly feeling at one with everything. He explains the realization like this:

"'til that moment I always thought 'This is me, and that's somebody else.' I had no issue with that somebody else, but that is somebody, this is me. For the first time I did not know which is me and which is not me. What was me was just spread all over the place."

He described this as becoming enlightened.

(Source:
)

However, in a speech about how business people should deal with stress, he says that the entire world exists only as sensory perceptions in ones own mind, and that feeling anothers sensations is *impossible*:

"You have never experienced anything outside of yourself. [if] the person next to you right now touches you, you think you're experiencing *his* hand. No, you are only experiencing the sensations in *your* hand - you are *incapable* of experiencing the other hand."

(Source:
)

So what Sadhguru experienced in his enlightenment (if he's even telling the truth) must have been that everything only existed as sensory perceptions part of him, and not that he was part of everything else. First of all, that's not an uncommon realization - narcissists have that mindset all the time - and second of all, that's the very *opposite* of enlightenment.

Edited by Icedude
  • Like 2

I've searched for info about Isha's sadhana for a while now and watched a lot of sadhuguru's videos on it... Why is there so little information about how to do this stuff? Instead of expressing why I think this is an oversight, I should just ask: how exactly does one practice sadhana?

• Like 1

Sadhanas are basically a set or sets of practices based on a series or, more accurately, a progressive body of esoteric texts, and the sequence usually involves contemplation of texts, ritual observation, visualization, assimilation or integration, reworking subtle channels, evolvement, and result. 

They tend to follow completion of preliminary stages of training, whereupon one's guide would then assign specific 'higher' practices found to be suited to the individual make-up of the initiate. 

As far as esoteric Buddhist sadhanas are concerned, without the blessing of a teacher or teachers, the resultant aspect of practicing the various sadhanas will not materialise. 

• Like 1

Adi Da was also controversial teacher. You can find plenty of scum on-line. Yet he was a very powerfull guru.

Ramana Maharishi was also an owner of his own ashram. People were working for Muktananda and Krishnamurri as well as for Maherishi Maheshi Yogi. For free...

When people see that a teacher earns money or leads organisation there would be always controversions and scum.

There is a simple human impression that if someone has money then he is sureley something wrong about him/her.

Spiritual teachers should live in poverty....

The proof is only in the eating. Opinions are useless. You never understand what seva is unless you participate.

For sceptics, followers of a guru will alway appear crazy or brainwashed.

Edited by Kubba
  • Like 1

I have the strong impression that this fascinating teacher makes You feel better in An abstract realm of your mind, without affecting The quality of your life And your Health.

• Like 1

I have the strong impression that this fascinating teacher makes You feel better in An abstract realm of your mind, without affecting The quality of your life And your Health.

So deep

I revive this topic to ask some updated impressions about the practices taught by Isha foundation. I wonder how Lucky7Strikes is doing :lol:

Anyway, I have the opportunity to learn the Surya Kriya, but I am a bit put off by all the secrecy and vagueness surrounding the Isha workshops. When I ask for more information I get copy-pasted materials from their website or the suggestion to closely follow the instructions and see for myself.  Could anybody share their experience or help me understand what this practice is about? This is the description from their website: https://isha.sadhguru.org/yoga/yoga-programs/surya-kriya/

7 hours ago, human.temp said:

I revive this topic to ask some updated impressions about the practices taught by Isha foundation. I wonder how Lucky7Strikes is doing :lol:

Anyway, I have the opportunity to learn the Surya Kriya, but I am a bit put off by all the secrecy and vagueness surrounding the Isha workshops. When I ask for more information I get copy-pasted materials from their website or the suggestion to closely follow the instructions and see for myself.  Could anybody share their experience or help me understand what this practice is about? This is the description from their website: https://isha.sadhguru.org/yoga/yoga-programs/surya-kriya/

Why don't you try it out and share your experiences with us? :) 

14 hours ago, dwai said:

Why don't you try it out and share your experiences with us? :) 

I don't have any proper answer to this question other than trust issues:D   Mostly because I feel like I am dealing with an organisational machine rather than a specific teacher or guru. But yes, I will share my experience if I decide to try it. I have learned their Isha Kriya meditation and find myself practicing it more or less regularly without too much effort (even looking forward to it), which I am very happy about. 

• Like 1