Lucky7Strikes

My Experiences with Sadhguru, Isha, Inner Engineering, and BSP

Hi Lucky7 :)

You know, I am not attacking you personally, and I see no reason to assess the messenger. Please do not turn this into some kind of personal attack. I'm evaluating this guru based on my experience and knowledge, and psychic impressions of my current research. And you know, one has to overcome the attachment to bliss to go further. It is hard, I know, but I'm trying.

Logic is often contradictory. For example, from Sadhguru's message about healing and from what you have said in this next quote, I hope you can see that it is inconsistent.

In this form of twisted logic, Is not the volunteer work that Isha is doing robbing people of the gift of suffering? Huh?

Do I really have to explain all this to you? Ok. But it's funny that this very small contradiction is all you could do as a reply to what I wrote. I'm guessing because most of what I wrote to your original criticism seem sound to you. Doesn't it? Lol.

Suffering the human form comes in many forms. The type of suffering from ignorance I was talking about was mainly self inflicted suffering from mental confusion (although physical suffering, very deep down is also self created due to the karmas of being born as a human and being subject to earthly laws). Sadhguru's work is to uplift India's poverty, medical needs, living conditions so that people can at least have their survival needs taken care of in order to delve into something beyond that. If you are bound to survival all the time, its very difficult to venture into or even think of something beyond that. You gotta eat first. Or in the case of education, from what I hear Sadhguru say, they don't teach intense yoga or anything to children. Just breathing techniques so they can have minor tools to improve concentration and what not. When Sadhguru says don't meddle with life, he's basically saying leave people to make their own choices and learn from it. Not feed them bliss pills so they lose their way completely.

But I like that you admit you chase bliss, not necessarily insight. Yes, it is difficult, but you will definitely suffer eventually. And as I said, it will be a great gift, like a whack on the head from a Zen master.

Now as for all these stupid accusations, let's go over them one by one. You are really wasting time with these examples because they are not any official investigation but opinions from forum members...on the internet. Are you familiar with how internet forum writers? Do you believe everything some guy on a couch and a computer decides to say about a subject? Come on man, you're better than this. Just because you selected what looks like a lot of examples doesn't mean much. But Since you are bringing up this colossal waste of time, I'll parry with you.

1) So as a source of criticism you select this guy called gurulover. Let's look back on his posts to see what documentation or proof he has on his claims that Sadhguru is a fraud. Oh wait, there isn't any.

Take a look at this beautiful paragraph:

"The bottom line on Isha is that it is a well-oiled money making machine. Artfully, Mr. Vasudev has arranged for a 501 © 3 charitable status for his U.S. entity, the Tennessee based Isha Foundation, Inc. I fail to see how running for-profit yoga courses is a charity. Oh, I forgot, Isha claims that it supports various charitable activities in India. If so, where are the public records or reports of the dollar amounts related to or given to these "charities?" I believe that very few, if any, monies from Isha actually find their way to these activities. I suspect that any charitable activities sponsored by Isha's Indian operation are principally supported by donors outside the Isha corporate structure."

So Sadhguru has applied for charitable status for his U.S. programs. This makes sense because he wants Isha to expand in the U.S. So you think he's trying to bypass the American government on this? Is that a sensible thing to do in the U.S.? You clearly haven't had to deal with the IRS. Isha is a officially non-profit organization, and why would you assume that the Indian government is fooled to thinking these are charities? Lol, this guy doesn't even believe these charities exist! Go on their site, see all the videos of the work their doing. And look at the language he uses! "I believe" "I suspect" he knows nothing but is making claims he only suspects of. BUT the most alarming thing you should've picked up on this guy is how much cruelly criticism he chooses to draw out of these baseless claims. He goes on and on! That says more about him than anything.

One more thing about this guy, he complains about how his methods don't work....lol, I assure you they do. Very very much so.

If you think Sadhguru makes millions to enjoy his fortune, I suggest you go check his schedule. Not just his program/teaching schedule, but see how much he spends time working and working to bring his vision of an enlightened world come true. He loves old school motorbikes and driving on rough terrain on cars other people borrow him. in 40 years of his activity there no evidence of any excessive use of wealth, if there was it would've exploded all over India where he is so popular. He loves hiking, playing frisbee, golf just like any one.

2) LOL. You are funny. Haven't you practiced Kunlun? Same shit. Why's he scared to dance to drum musics? lol. NLP? This guy has clearly never studied NLP but just know its a type of thing people do that hypnotizes other people. NLP is done by developing a mirror relationship between the speaker and listener. They mimic each other movements for a time and then verbal cuees. I assure you there was no mimicing Sadhguru's movements! Ha, although that would've been fun. This person clearly got scared of fully transcending the little personality he believes himself to be. Just scared shitless! There's a reason why you let go of your phones, and it's an easy one: so that you can put your whole efforts into the retreat and not think about outside worries that distract you. Don't you turn your phone off when you meditate?

Whoa, this is getting long. But you started it. Let's go to page 2!

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

3) His wife's death. Ok, so the controversy here is 1, that he didn't call her father-in-law! lol, ridiculous. A spiritual seeker, the higher he attains, achieve equanimity regarding all life. Family is just a physical relationship and it no longer remains the center piece of one's identity...(and not even father, father-in-law...). And it's not as this says. His wife decided to leave bodily existence and dissolve all karmas a year ago and devoted all her practice to it. It was expected to happen. So when this being, who has transcended even the physical realm, leaves...the concern for Sadhguru, who like her has seen beyond, is to contact the father-in-law! lol. Come on, this is a perspective from ordinary people. You, as a practitioner, should see otherwise. As for burning the body, there's probably a reason for it, as I know most spiritual traditions do so. The second controversy is that he might have killed her. Ahem, that was what the father in law accused him of. And...what happened with the investigation? He got acquitted because there were many people there to see her death. This was a pretty easy answer.

4) Ok, the second paragraph by this guy...did you really read all these? Transimission and initiation into practices is important in allllll spiritual teachings. Don't you know Max doesn't teach RP unless it's transmitted too via himself or approved teachers (I keep bringing up Max because you love him)? And another complain is he...uh...questioned the knowledge of the questioner...and that somehow is ridiculing them? Lol. So he should bullshit and baby their nonsense filling up in their head? Come on! ...holy crap..look a this criticism: "He used to look at the soles of his feet & say, that to talk about things, which was not in one's experience was simply lying to oneself !"

Of course you are lying to yourself when you are babbling about shit you never experienced pretending to know them. Why's this guy so surprised about this obvious thing...??

5) Sigh...ok, let's see this next complaint: oh now he is complaining because sadhguru chose to find a way in which he could teach wider audiences out side of Coimbatore. He was originally going to stop teaching after the consecration of the Dhanyalinga, but due to such wide demand he changed his aim to a much more ambitious aim to spread the possibility of enlightenment all over the world. Transmission, I believe, can be done long distance and doesn't need to be limited to physical or mental binding when you go beyond those, and there's a full initiate teacher there too. But I doubt you, me nor this guy knows fully how initiation and transmission work beyond the body and energies...so this isn't even an issue.

So he thinks it's controversial that he writes lots of books and give lots of talks but says: "All this when he poeted once; "The gloriousness of the written word is but the excreta of the deluded mind" & "Silence is the only way".

This dude clearly isn't a serious practitioner if he doesn't understand that the words are there to guide the seeker into opening up beyond the mumble jumble of the mind. All this is so stupid, I can't believe I'm answering each one. But I will! In case some other idiot looks over your post and thinks they are anywhere close to being valid.

Next!!

6) Ok, first of all, that link he put there has nothing about all those accusations he put out. But what if he did drink coffee? Once you master your own energies you can turn any food into pure energy. Isha practitioners are told not to drink coffee, and you realize why if you have done some energy work. No brainer. He likes flying helicopters and driving cars. So what? From what I know he usually stays at houses that are offered for him. What's wrong with taking business class when he flies the world every other day? Have you travelled repeatedly on a plane for months on economy classes these days? Why feel the need to show the world oh how goody goody he is when faced with a much more practical option for his aging body? But take a look at all these activities! They're all outdoor, fun, engaging, healthy activities everyone does! I want to live like THAT, be free and also be able to enjoy what the world offers, not pretend like i'm some nobleman who has to show his virtue by being poor.

His criticism here is basically that he didn't do exactly as the buddha did. wow. Should Max be out there begging for alms too? All individuals are unique, hence enlightened masters also display unique tendencies. There's nothing harmful about any of these activities he does and even if they are harmful, if your judgment of teachers is based on morals, you complete miss the point of spirituality. Don't you know Krishna told Arjuna to go kill all of his family members when Arjuna wanted to be the good guy and go home? This guy should write a book on how evil Krishna is if he thinks drinking coffee is evil!

Being morally good, in the view of social norms, is not spirituality. It is the opposite actually to conform to virtues.

7) I don't get why this is even a criticism. That his practices are too intense? Well, they are...I mean you are trying to completely break your boundaries.

As for his comment on the Buddha, if he ever said that, it is very true. It's a mistake to think the Buddha attained because he sat for long time in meditation. Enlightenment came at the instant when he had declared that he'd rather die than leave the bodhi tree for enlightenment. When such burning intensity was there, it was instantaneous insight. Sadhguru wants that intensity out of everyone! And yes it will have negative consequences if you cherish your illusions, because they will be broken down!

And this is actually an awesome quote if it is true: "Sign up for the Inner Engineering, Doesn't work go do BSP, BSP lands one in hospital for 15 days, Do Hata Yoga; Hata yoga creates intense fever for 7 days, Doesn't work try shoonya, shoonya reduces one's mental alertness and reduces intelligence"

You better be ready to give up your life if you want the highest that a human can attain. Lol I love when Sadhguru says shit like this.

8)...ok...this is getting really silly. So you think he is a psychopath because he is attractive, charming, has the ability to change people, and active...give me a break. So what should he be like, dull, ineffective, repulsive...ah only then he is a true guru!

9) "These asses, swami's/maa’s have no brains to realize, that once they go past their youth and become useless to SJV and Isha they would simply be kicked out and left in the wilderness with no old age security and new asses would simply replace them."

What? One of the purposes of these ashrams is to do the exact opposite. To provide elderly people the opportunity to devote their lives to meditation and practice once they retire from old age. And every single volunteer I've met does their work with incredible joy! And I would too! Working hard? Why's that a problem. Should they work lazily? No one is forced to be there. Two meals is more than enough when you do the practices...Again...more nonsense...

10) There's nothing wrong with suicide. Death is the risk you take on this path. And it's only the death of the body anyway. If you want to criticize me for this view, we can talk about it in another thread specifically about suicide, ok? but if you don't have anything to say about it...Next!

11) Ok...the key word this guy is misunderstanding is: volunteers. People volunteer...no one tells the they have to stay. He doesn't give instances where people have been kicked off. Ok so some old lady over did her kiryas and injured herself and went to a hospital...that just shows you exactly that and nothing more. There are hundreds of thousands of people visiting the center. How is Sadhguru supposed to meet with each one one by one? But moreover, he doesn't need to. It's absolutely unnecessary for you to benefit from him.

He meets with media to spread Isha, politicians to open doors, businessmen for donations....it's all put together so that the center can thrive even when he is gone, especially the dhnyalinga. As for the unlimited responsibility teaching...this dud clearly just saw some catchphrase video. Unlimited responsibility doesn't mean you slave for 20 hours. It's to expand your awareness beyond the mere physical body. No one is paid, and it has been this way for 40 some years because Sadhguru wants everything in Isha to be done out of love. It's such a beautiful community, but this guy probably hasn't even been there.

Lol...volunteers have nothing to show for in the end! Should they get medals? Such superficial criticism. They do it out of tremendous love and yearning to share what they have with new participants. I was there. This guy is half blind. So trust me, ok?

LAST ONEEEE!!! YEAAAA!! You see this incredible ability I have to write pages and pages of awesome answers without break when you just copy paste? Yup, result of isha practices that improve mental capacity!

12) As for solidified mercury, there's an amazing video where he, I think, liquidifies it for the hmm, forgot the name of it, but the pool where you can go in and purify your energies they have there. it's all online, they tape everything.

wait, this is a strange paragraph:

"In the past he said emphatically that yoga can only be transmitted personally, in the physical presence of the guru and can not be taught by t.v., mail, online or in any other way. He said yoga is an energy transmission from the guru to the disciple and required that the guru and disciple be physically present with each other. Yet, the isha yoga classes were then taught by teachers, without sjv's presence, and, now they are taught by sjv's design. Quite a change from his previous admonishments."

First...um...he has teachers well advanced themselves to initiate new participants. So what's his complaint? there's a physical teacher there. Why does it have to be sadhguru for there to be a teacher? There are videos of simple meditation exercises out there, but the main ones are not taught to the public via video. A teacher should be there. But when we speak of true Yoga, we all know the importance of the guru who can take you beyond.

Alright let's do a little more now!

The dhanyalinga's conception was all designed by Sadhguru. Auroville Earth helped with the technicals, physics and that sorts. They trained the volunteers how to work. There's no controversy in this, this guys' just making it look like one.

LOL..Rishi Prabhakar...this dude is younger than Sadhguru. And Sadhguru began teaching in mid, late twenties. So this guy must've been teaching when he was like 17 or 18...come on now, he even admits this is some shit from "internet people" who see similarities in teachings. And on this....

And this next complaint: oh the techniques are similar! yes, of course they are similar. They are all based on practices thousands of years. Of course the language is similar...they all use same symbology of shiva, krishna, brahma, etc. If you want to learn about Sadhguru's life, let's get some statements from witnesses of his life and not some conjecture here. There are videos of his old devotees on how he began teaching. Go watch those. In fact go watch a lot of Isha videos before criticizing. You probably haven't watched a single one, and "watch" as in, actually viewed them with an open and a well reasoned mind, not one shrouded in fear. Which you are. You fear this man and what he says.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Ok so now I went through all this nonsense. Lol filth, inhumanity! You clearly just skimmed all those criticisms and picked them together to give the illusion that they were worthwhile documentations. They're all just personal opinions. No official nothing offered. Just "internet people," as that last guy said, babbling. Just like people here babbled on and on about Max, don't you remember that?

Now I'm gonna get to the point of what I think of you. If you ever read any of what I wrote, which I doubt you will, please just read this. I've been writing 2 hours non stop to assuage your nonsense, just to say this. I am attacking you personally because your delusions about Sadhguru has actually nothing to do with Sadhguru. Anyone with a sensible mind can see from his videos that what he says is very grounded and reasoned.

You are a bliss chaser. You chase sensation rather than insight. It's your primary focus. It is my view that people like you usually have a very repressed and fragile ego you overcompensate by getting drunk on ecstasy. It is absolutely no different than being addicted to drugs because you are afraid to face your own true demons. Behind that smily face is a shivering intruder you are refusing to face. This is exactly what Max warned everyone when teaching Kunlun. Inevitably I've heard people have abused it.

"And you know, one has to overcome the attachment to bliss to go further. It is hard, I know, but I'm trying."

Well try harder! You see the whole thing about Sadhguru is he doesn't tolerate bullshit. He isn't like your Dhyan yogi, humble, nice, cuddly who babies you. He looks gentle but is ferocious! He will shake you and bake you over and over until you see your own nonsense, even if you die from it. That's the intensity he asks of you. And you will thank the hell out of him for saving you time.

And of course Sadhguru will have ex-disciples! His organizations been there 40 years and has hundreds of thousands of people! Hmm..what are the odds someone gets scared of pushing further, runs away, blames the guru! (Oh hey, you know Max says that too on his blog. You see they teach similar things, but you just don't like Sadhguru because he is about to pierce you right through!) And don't you think it's very weird that even though he says he studied under Sadhguru for year, none of his criticisms are personal anecdotes or observations but generic bullshit you can pick up from one of the guru gossip forums?

Look within yourself and see that something is vehemently rejecting Sadhguru because it's own validity is at stake. It's you own little personality, ego, and a whole crap load of delusion.

Report back the results? haha! see it as it is, this phenomenal achievement I just accomplished. Do I sound like someone hypnotized lost in bliss states and in denial

or awake?

Hoo RAY! I'm done!

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Don't continue with this bullshit. it just makes bunch of confusion out of half witted people who won't try an isha event when they sort of wanted to because of shit like this. It's a lot like Kunlun. All that babble on thetaobums, all conjecture and stupidity, really robbed people of the opportunity to go check it out for themselves and make their own conclusions. People have weak minds that easily sway minute to minute. The more babble like this is not conducive at all.

So when you write, Tibetan Ice, you better check your sources, at least read them or who they are by. You take responsibility for the causes it can have in the decisions of other people. It affects people, it's not just stating your own opinion when we are evaluating teachers on public forum. You or many of those critics have no experience with Sadhguru or what he teaches. If those criticisms had any firm backing at all, or if we were both students of Sadhguru (or ANY teacher under discussion on this forum) this would be a different discussion altogether. But what you picked out are just the opinions of half scared idiots. And something tells me you know all this, how weak your own arguments are.

Anyway, that's why I answered all those stupid criticisms. Have a good night!

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 1

Interesting experiences thanks for telling us, im wondering does Sadhguru present himself as more than human? ie someone above the same human struggles we all go through, does he present himself as a master ahead of being a human?

There's always at least two sides to every story. Sadhguru was broken up when his wife passed and he idolises his daughter. His father in law and the wife's side of the family never got on with home because he refused to keep them in the manner in which they expected to be kept. The guy gives most of his money away and they wanted a cut. When they didn't get that they demonised Sadhguru. Suicides in Ashrams and communes run at something like fifty times above the rate for society because unhappy people join Ashrams and when they stay unhappy some of them top themselves. Happens in monasteries and convents too but we tend not to get to hear of it. Ashrams though, suicide central compared to outside society.

Guy like Sadhguru becomes big then rats come out of the woodwork trying to smear. That happens to all celebrities because some people are bitter and twisted and only seem to be happy in their dad way if they are having a go at somebody.

Nobody working for Sadghuru is in chains, the door is open they can leave whenever hey want to. The fact hat he's had a lot with him from he start says a lot about the guy.

Now I am NOT banging the drum for him or any guru (well OK maybe Tony Parsons but he's an anti-guru.. Type guru) but I so think it a bit silly for someone who is obviously enamoured of one spiritual path seemingly honking it necessary to have a go at someone on another spiritual path.

They are ALL spiritual paths, neither better nor worse than any other when taken with the requisite pinch of salt. Even the cultic New Kadampas run nice caves and some contented people (for now) work in those.

Knocking someone else's chosen pathway or guru does not make one's own look any better it just makes you,, the complainer ; look like a bit of a prat.

Sadhguru is a hard working pro-guru, that's a rough job and there's lots of competition. He's done we'll to get to where he is in the league tables and must be doing something right otherwise he'd not be as popular as he obviously is.

• Like 4

Interesting experiences thanks for telling us, im wondering does Sadhguru present himself as more than human? ie someone above the same human struggles we all go through, does he present himself as a master ahead of being a human?

He makes cheesy jokes and puns all day. Hence Grandmaster's complaint about his unoriginality in jokes department! He laughs, eats, cries, and sings with you. But then shifts when he is transmitting energy or teaching something important. There's Jaggi the man, and the Guru. Jaggi isn't important, he says that so himself. You have to be with the Guru.

What do you mean? He doesn't go through the same nonsense people go through. The whole point of this is to go ahead of being a mediocre human and become the divine.

There's always at least two sides to every story. Sadhguru was broken up when his wife passed and he idolises his daughter. His father in law and the wife's side of the family never got on with home because he refused to keep them in the manner in which they expected to be kept. The guy gives most of his money away and they wanted a cut. When they didn't get that they demonised Sadhguru. Suicides in Ashrams and communes run at something like fifty times above the rate for society because unhappy people join Ashrams and when they stay unhappy some of them top themselves. Happens in monasteries and convents too but we tend not to get to hear of it. Ashrams though, suicide central compared to outside society.

Guy like Sadhguru becomes big then rats come out of the woodwork trying to smear. That happens to all celebrities because some people are bitter and twisted and only seem to be happy in their dad way if they are having a go at somebody.

Nobody working for Sadghuru is in chains, the door is open they can leave whenever hey want to. The fact hat he's had a lot with him from he start says a lot about the guy.

Now I am NOT banging the drum for him or any guru (well OK maybe Tony Parsons but he's an anti-guru.. Type guru) but I so think it a bit silly for someone who is obviously enamoured of one spiritual path seemingly honking it necessary to have a go at someone on another spiritual path.

They are ALL spiritual paths, neither better nor worse than any other when taken with the requisite pinch of salt. Even the cultic New Kadampas run nice caves and some contented people (for now) work in those.

Knocking someone else's chosen pathway or guru does not make one's own look any better it just makes you,, the complainer ; look like a bit of a prat.

Sadhguru is a hard working pro-guru, that's a rough job and there's lots of competition. He's done we'll to get to where he is in the league tables and must be doing something right otherwise he'd not be as popular as he obviously is.

I doubt Sadhguru was emotionally broken down by the death of his wife. He was the one who taught his wife to go beyond and she did. I guess if normal people witness these situations they would think Sadhguru is breaking down, but they are probably tears of joy and celebration of a being's liberation. I saw his consecration of Devi at Isha (to clarify, I wasn't there, I saw a longer video of it) and that too, if normal people saw what was going on they would think Sadhguru has completely lost it! Crying, sobbing, worshipping! He isn't some peace happy guru that sits on a throne. That image is so ingrained in the Western mind, the passive meeeeehhh guru. Divine madness within impenetrable stillness is where the ecstasy is.

To me this whole thing about the father in law is not a deal at all. He wouldn't have understood anything if he wasnt an adept. It wouldn't make any sense to him that his daughter could choose to die and this be a good thing.

I like that you like Tony Parsons! He is another no bullshit guy who just goes at you full steam. But he only takes it so far at the level of the mind. There are other dimension to the human body that can be released. Unfortunately he doesn't teach that, but only jnana style yoga of freeing the mind.

Thank you for trying to at least take an objective look at Sadhguru. He is doing something right.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Errrrrrrr

I'm not quite sure that's what he's getting at buddy.

Who is it becoming 'divine'?

Technically no one, because only divinity, which is none other than reality, remains when you see the illusion of the ego entity. Then there is just the universe.

But because the whole story of this is that your existence is for this blissful reality to experience itself, one consciously dreams of falsities, also known as maintaining karma. That's why life is so often called a play, an act. If you truly know it to be one, it's a great comedy. If you don't it's a tragedy.

Ah another thing is he has gathered many gurus in India in order to create communication among them. It's a little strange, guru conference! But he showed much admiration for them and his own amazement over their abilities. So it's not like this guy goes around saying he is the only enlightened one or what not.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 1

I doubt Sadhguru was emotionally broken down by the death of his wife.

I would personally hold him in a much higher regard as a guru if he was

This is a video of Linga Bhairavi Consecrationm, where at one part he becomes a devotee to Bairavi himself. It doesn't show it but he begins to sob on the ground on all fours at one point.

http://www.mefeedia.com/watch/47634530

Stuff like this scares the ego mind, the western mind. Because such devotion requires to you to put yourself away and give totally. But do you see all those enslaved workers and abused old people in the audience!! lol! look how much they're suffering!

I would personally hold him in a much higher regard as a guru if he was

Personal relationships of bodies don't hold much importance at a point. This is just romanticism fed down our throats by western media. All life becomes a part of who you are. All energies are your movements.

It will always be your choice however, to love a certain human. But all the while being firmly established in the divine, even sadness is just another blissful expression of being alive. Ramana loved arunachala and was a complete devotee to it. I have no doubt Sadhguru loved his wife, but when you say broken down, you are speaking of the dimension of him as a body. When I say guru, that's not what i'm talking about.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

You don't need a guru buddy.

:-)

The guru isn't the body or mind. The true guru is the ultimate, the reality. The guru within you is the guru within Sadhguru, the buddha, jesus, or whoever we believe was enlightened. They embody it more purely so its easier to see.

At a point you let Jaggi Vasudev go, and be with the true Guru.

It's not the need of a guru. That path is the path of bhakti. It's true if you are talking about a human form to teach you, you don't need it. I can see how one can take a meditation technique and go there. But upon reaching towards the highest, the true guru, all pervading and the source of creation will be revealed within you. And all your mind, body, emotions can do is worship it.

(uh oh! taobum buddhist now commence to tell me no source! no creator!)

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 1

I reckon they believe that If they stop writing or talking or thinking* about Buddhism endlessly, then the demons might get em.

*thinking about Buddhism is called 'meditation' in Buddhist circles.

• Like 2

• Like 1

The guru isn't the body or mind. The true guru is the ultimate, the reality. The guru within you is the guru within Sadhguru, the buddha, jesus, or whoever we believe was enlightened. They embody it more purely so its easier to see.

At a point you let Jaggi Vasudev go, and be with the true Guru.

It's not the need of a guru. That path is the path of bhakti. It's true if you are talking about a human form to teach you, you don't need it. I can see how one can take a meditation technique and go there. But upon reaching towards the highest, the true guru, all pervading and the source of creation will be revealed within you. And all your mind, body, emotions can do is worship it.

(uh oh! taobum buddhist now commence to tell me no source! no creator!)

No source, no creator. LOL

I reckon they believe that If they stop writing or talking or thinking* about Buddhism endlessly, then the demons might get em.

*thinking about Buddhism is called 'meditation' in Buddhist circles.

Yes, yes...I concur. Otherwise, the power of christ will compel me and the demons of eternalism will overpower me, exposing the fallacy of such an ideology and putting cracks into this support of my mistaken reality; thereby swaying me to accepting a higher power. I then start to break out in a cold sweat as my heart starts to beat at a tremendously high rate, as I scream: Ahh.. AHHH! AHHHHHH!

I have to keep this delusional facade of "Buddhist truth," intact long enough so that I can take my SOMA (i.e. fluoridated water, mixed with a brand of protein powder that contains mercury and carcinogens,) which causes me to fall in an apathetic stupor,

dulling my senses, as I'm comforted by a voice in the back of my head that drones: "It's alright, it's all empty, dependently originated; anatta, anatta, anatta, anatta, anatta....Ahh...ahhhhh..ahhmmmmmmmm..."

:lol:

Hey, are you by any chance "osho" on Dharmawheel? Wondering, cause both of you have the same avatar. Just curious, is all.

P.S. I have nothing personal against Christianity. Jesus is my homeboy :)

Edited by Simple_Jack

No source, no creator. LOL

Yes, yes...I concur. Otherwise, the power of christ will compel me and the demons of eternalism will overpower me, exposing the fallacy of such an ideology and putting cracks into this support of my mistaken reality; thereby swaying me to accepting a higher power. I then start to break out in a cold sweat as my heart starts to beat at a tremendously high rate, as I scream: Ahh.. AHHH! AHHHHHH!

I have to keep this delusional facade of "Buddhist truth," intact long enough so that I can take my SOMA (i.e. fluoridated water, mixed with a brand of protein powder that contains mercury and carcinogens,) which causes me to fall in an apathetic stupor,

dulling my senses, as I'm comforted by a voice in the back of my head that drones: "It's alright, it's all empty, dependently originated; anatta, anatta, anatta, anatta, anatta....Ahh...ahhhhh..ahhmmmmmmmm..."

:lol:

Hey, are you by any chance "osho" on Dharmawheel? Wondering, cause both of you have the same avatar. Just curious, is all.

P.S. I have nothing personal against Christianity. Jesus is my homeboy :)

LOL!! You are like Beetlejuice or something? A little mention of creator and source, and BOOM!!

It's just language..I can say what I wrote above all in Buddhist terms. Buddhism just takes the personhood out of it, while Hindus put personhood to everything. Although in Dzogchen, the guru IS everything as embodiment of the natural state. And figures like Samnatabhadra or Vajrattva probably confuse the hell out of those who rely on the pali canon. It's probably impossible for westerners to really study Dzogchen the traditional way since not many are receptive to the transmission.

Oh wait, I really shouldn't say these things, this will turn into a full blown religious war!

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

LOL, I just happened to be on TTB's killing some time when I saw this thread.

Hmmm, the transmission....I"ve attended ChNN WWT's and I received a direct introduction [to the nature of mind] by a Nyingma lama (it was more a "shaktipat" style of transmission) and to be honest: It;s nothing special. If you already have the stabilized presence of the experience of Atman /Brahman: Then, it's not going to do anything more for you. Unless you contemplate the selflessness of experience.....IME, that is.

HA! I went to see ChNN live and it was pretty powerful but I didn't appreciate it as much. So you probably had a better experience. But your right it's not gonna just uplift your life. But Dzogchen depends very much on teacher student relationship.