Lucky7Strikes

My Experiences with Sadhguru, Isha, Inner Engineering, and BSP

My god.

What can I say. This man is not a man, but a presence. How incredible it was to just be in his presence! I see now why they say the Guru is everything. Who imagined, in an age like this, someone as ambitious and genuine could be alive? It is astounding. I felt truly blessed to have had the opportunity to be with him.

I am the last person on earth who I thought could become a devotee. Anyone who has seen my posts on this forum in the past years will know that. But I cried with such gratitude, that I could be in such a presence!

Isha as an organization is nothing like anything I have ever heard of. Everything made by volunteers, in an event at a scale of hundred, thousands, and in India, hundreds of thousands of people! But when you become part of it, you know why. You can't help but feel that this blessing needs to be shared. The possibility of the world being such a way brings me to tears.

Everyone on this forum, please, if you have the chance do not miss this opportunity to be with him or experience what he is creating on this planet. It's not often we are able to be in such a presence in perhaps lifetimes. If someone tomorrow gave me a billion dollars, I would not trade a single of my experiences for it. Isha and true spiritual awakening of other teachings will light the world on fire. I am certain of it, all the ignorance in the world won't stand for a single instant when seen in Truth.

How silly it was for us to argue about the differences of buddism and hinduism and taoism or whatever! All truth is one. I am beginning to see now. My life has been turned completely inside out. Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone on this forum, Max, Thay, Thusness and Xabir, and Sadhguru! And whoever I have learned and struggled with.

Blessings to all of you!

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear you had a good experience with him, he is a teacher i have always had a great deal of admiration for. May you continue to blossom on your path.

-My 2 cents, Peace

He has a booming spiritual marketplace complete with photos of himself that one can purchase for 50.00. Also soap and herbal products. Expensive online classes for 300.00 etc. Looks like another money pit!

• Like 8

He has a booming spiritual marketplace complete with photos of himself that one can purchase for 50.00. Also soap and herbal products. Expensive online classes for 300.00 etc. Looks like another money pit!

Do you know what he does with the money? His efforts in India are tremendous! I have no problem giving money to Isha. No person reaps that money, it all goes for health clinics, schools, social initiatives...you can just get a glimpse of the stuff they are doing here http://www.ishafound...t-approach.isa.

Did you know that the entire center at Coimbatore was built by volunteers? No hired hand, except of course professional construction work, but brick by brick put down by volunteers. To the usual western mind, it almost makes no sense that such an effort can come from sheer selfless will alone. The videos of consecration of temples is beautiful. The whole retreat was organized and conducted with no hired hand at all, from kitchen staff to office work. The energy of the place (I went to the isha inner sciences in Tennessee) is off the charts.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Yes, I practice Shambhavi. But that is only a gateway. What Sadhguru offers is beyond just technique alone. You must be there with him! He'll blow you away!

Did you learn his sambahvi mahamudra technique, or whatever "inner engineering" stuff there is?

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Glad to hear you had a good experience with him, he is a teacher i have always had a great deal of admiration for. May you continue to blossom on your path.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Thank you, Old Green.

Sadhguru is a righteous dude, one of the good guys currently working the pro-guru circuit. He talks a lot of sense, charges what people can afford and does a lot of good work charity wise in his home state. He's ripped off most of his act from Osho but that's not to detract from any of it, the jokes are just as good now as back in the day and he's ditched the more offensive material.

Anyone in the market for a guru (and many seem to be) could do a lot worse than Sadhguru. Anyone UK based or Hindu-trappings-averse might try Tony Parsons another one of the good guys. Tony can be found is Google, don't buy any of his slender books though it's all free online if you look carefully.

Sadhguru is a righteous dude, one of the good guys currently working the pro-guru circuit. He talks a lot of sense, charges what people can afford and does a lot of good work charity wise in his home state. He's ripped off most of his act from Osho but that's not to detract from any of it, the jokes are just as good now as back in the day and he's ditched the more offensive material.

Anyone in the market for a guru (and many seem to be) could do a lot worse than Sadhguru. Anyone UK based or Hindu-trappings-averse might try Tony Parsons another one of the good guys. Tony can be found is Google, don't buy any of his slender books though it's all free online if you look carefully.

Sadhguru is completely different than osho. I've read tons of osho books and the two don't compare besides that they both like to make jokes. Sadhguru is conducting things on a completely different dimension. Theres no communes, no rolls royces, no "guru of the rich" bullshit. He's been teaching 40 years and there's been absolutely no corruption and his family includes 100,000's of people. Don't sell yourself short by saying "he is a rip off of osho." This man is unique onto himself. The consecrations he is doing all over the world and the creation of living temples is something very few people could witness in the past. Now it's available online for unlimited number of people to see.

His life story is one of the most fascinating stories of todays teachers.

Tony Parsons only teaches a strong version of anatta, that there is no you. There's truth to that, but there much more beyond that. His teachings kind of stop short from taking the next leap of going beyond the physical dimension, it only opens up the possibility by seeing the unreality of the ego. But that's just the beginning, there are layers of beliefs underneath that too.

Just go see Sadhguru and attend one of his events with an open mind. If you are receptive enough it'll just blow you out of everything you think you know.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Trust someone who has met them both buddy Sadhguru and Osho are two chips off the same block.

Osho was an old scallywag, Sadhguru less so.

Sadhguru's gags are word for word Osho jokes as are many of his anecdotes. Nothing wrong in that at all. Osho lifted most of his stuff from Chuang t'zu. Sadhguru is the better motor cycle mechanic too, Osho preferred being chauffeured. Mate of mine who lives in California was his driver in the Rajneeshpuram days.

There is no new thing under the sun.

• Like 1

Trust someone who has met them both buddy Sadhguru and Osho are two chips off the same block.

Osho was an old scallywag, Sadhguru less so.

Sadhguru's gags are word for word Osho jokes as are many of his anecdotes. Nothing wrong in that at all. Osho lifted most of his stuff from Chuang t'zu. Sadhguru is the better motor cycle mechanic too, Osho preferred being chauffeured. Mate of mine who lives in California was his driver in the Rajneeshpuram days.

There is no new thing under the sun.

Wait a second....your judge of teachers is their selection of jokes? Similar jokes mean they're off the same block, different jokes mean their different? HAHA, that's a funny one in itself!

Ah, but Sadhguru is better at fixing bikes! Lol, so his mechanical scales give him an edge on guru points. Interesting.

There is no new thing under the sun? Hahahah, I guess jokes do have their limitations when it comes to variety. It's hard to find a really new joke when you've heard many variations being a fanboy.

Hi Lucky7Strikes :)

You know the danger of posting your precious experiences on a forum is that someone will come along and take the wind out of your sails. If that happens, then it shows that it was not permanent, and that is a good thing.

I found your post interesting but there is just too much bliss in it to calm this restless mind that craves equanimity. Some Buddhists say that the highs are really a form of suffering.. I concur.

I checked out about 20 of Sadhguru's youtube videos last night. He certainly does have a presence and is skilled at talking like he knows something that you don't, but won't tell you what it is.

Although I did not find much substance in any of his talks, I found this one the most disturbing (apart from the fact that he charges lots of money to view his private podcasts, if he doesn't believe in healing other people, how can he believe in charity? ).

Here is Sadhguru's clip called "Why do you tell people not to do Healing?"

1) In this video, he claims that healing someone doesn't really heal them, that the deeper problem is not eradicated and that it will resurface at a later time.

2) He claims that Jesus always said that "it is not me, it is you" after healing someone.

3) He claims that Jesus taught kriya yoga in the Gospel of Peace.

4) He says that healing is medling with life.

My comments:

1) In my interpretation of healing, healing is the eradication of the causes of the sickness, whether it be disease, karma or evil spirits. To be healed is to be rid of the cause of the sickness. To be rid of the cause is to not have it reappear later in a different form.

2) According to what I have read, what Jesus told people after healing them was not to mention it to anyone. The only 'you' part was that the sick person had faith in God.

3) Really? Have you ever read a kriya manual that taught you how to get rid of evil spirits? Or the intracacies of pranayama or raising the kundalini?

4) How could any being with compassion think that healing someone of a sickness is medling with life? It's like telling someone that you are meant to suffer because that is life's plan for you, the lesson you must learn. If Buddha believed that we wouldn't have Buddhism as we know it today. Granted, one could argue that suffering caused Buddha's efforts to escape it resulting in his enlightenment, but then again, we all know that Buddha abandoned his ascetic practices in favor of the middle way.

I find the Sadhguru's precepts disturbing, and misplaced. He seems to be a good actor and have a handle on how to entertain and influence people. But he lacks the sincerity and respect for other traditions that I would expect from someone in his position. And he definately has minsinterpreted Jesus' healings..

http://healingscripture.com/HealingRecord.shtml

PETER'S MOTHER-IN-LAW'S FEVER: JESUS ALSO HEALS MANY OTHERS THAT EVENING

(Matthew 8:14-17; Mark 1:29-34; Luke 4:38-41)

Matthew 8:14-17 - Then on coming into Peter's house (in Capernaum, after healing the leper and the centurion's servant in Matthew's Gospel) Jesus saw that Peter's mother-in-law had been put to bed with a high fever. He touched her hand and the fever left her. And then she got up and began to see to their needs.

When evening came they brought to him many who were possessed by evil spirits, which he expelled with a word. Indeed he healed all who were ill. Thus was fulfilled Isaiah's prophecy - 'He himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses'.

Mark 1:29-34 - Then (after healing the madman according to Mark's Gospel) he got up and went straight from the synagogue to the house of Simon and Andrew, accompanied by James and John. Simon's mother-in-law was in bed with a high fever, and they lost no time in telling Jesus about her. He went up to her, took her hand and helped her to her feet. The fever left her, and she began to see to their needs.

Late that evening, after sunset, they kept bringing to him all who were sick or troubled by evil spirits. The whole population of the town (of Capernaum) gathered round the doorway. And he healed great numbers of people who were suffering from various forms of disease. In many cases he expelled evil spirits; but he would not allow them to say a word, for they knew perfectly well who he was.

Luke 4:38-41 - When Jesus got up and left the synagogue (after healing the madman) he went into Simon (Peter)'s house. Simon's mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever, and they asked Jesus about her. He stood over her as she lay in bed, brought the fever under control and it left her. At once she got up and began to see to their needs.

Then, as the sun was setting, all those who had friends suffering from every kind of disease brought them to Jesus and he laid his hands on each one of them separately and healed them. Evil spirits came out of many of these people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!"

But he spoke sharply to them and would not allow them to say any more, for they knew perfectly well that he was Christ.

THE LEPER

(Matthew 8:1-4; Mark 1:40-45; Luke 5:12-16)

Matthew 8:1-4 - Large crowds followed him when he came down from the hillside (after the Sermon on the Mount). There was a leper who came and knelt in front of him. "Sir," he said, "if you want to, you can make me clean." Jesus stretched out his hand and placed it on the leper saying, "Of course I want to. Be clean!" And at once he was clear of the leprosy.

"Mind you say nothing to anybody," Jesus told him. "Go straight off and show yourself to the priest and make the offering for your recovery that Moses prescribed, as evidence to the authorities."

Mark 1:40-45 - Then a leper came to Jesus (as he continued preaching and healing throughout Galilee), knelt in front of him and appealed to him, "If you want to, you can make me clean."

Jesus was filled with pity for him, and stretched out his hand and placed it on the leper, saying, "Of course I want to - be clean!"

At once the leprosy left him and he was quite clean. Jesus sent him away there and then with the strict injunction, "Mind you say nothing at all to anybody. Go straight off and show yourself to the priest, and make the offerings for your cleansing which Moses prescribed, as public proof of your recovery."

But he went off and began to talk a great deal about it in public, spreading his story far and wide. Consequently, it became impossible for Jesus to show his face in the towns and he had to stay outside in lonely places. Yet the people still came to him from all quarters.

Luke 5:12-16 - While he was in one of the towns (of Galilee after the calling of Simon Peter, Andrew, John and James), Jesus came upon a man who was a mass of leprosy. When he saw Jesus, he prostrated himself before him and begged, "If you want to, Lord, you can make me clean."

Jesus stretched out his hand, placed it on the leper, saying, "Certainly I want to. Be clean!"

Immediately the leprosy left him and Jesus warned him not to tell anybody, but to go and show himself to the priest and to make the offerings for his recovery that Moses prescribed, as evidence to the authorities.

Yet the news about him spread all the more, and enormous crowds collected to hear Jesus and to be healed of their diseases. But he slipped quietly away to deserted places for prayer.

JESUS CONTINUES HEALING MANY

(Matthew 12:15-21; Mark 3:7-12; Luke 6:17-19)

Matthew 12:15-21 - But Jesus knew of this (the Pharisees desire to get rid of him, especially after healing the man with the shrivelled hand) and he left the place (possibly Capernaum).

Large crowds followed him and he healed them all, with the strict injunction that they should not make him conspicuous by their talk, thus fulfilling Isaiah's prophecy: 'Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved in whom my soul is well pleased; I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will declare justice to the Gentiles. He will not quarrel nor cry out, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed he will not break, and smoking flax he will not quench, till he sends forth justice to victory. And in his name Gentiles will trust' .

Mark 3:7-12 - Jesus now retired to the lake-side (of the Sea of Galilee) with his disciples (again after healing the man with the shrivelled hand). A huge crowd of people followed him, not only from Galilee, but from Judea, Jerusalem and Idumea, some from the district beyond the Jordan and from the neighbourhood of Tyre and Sidon. This vast crowd came to him because they had heard about the sort of things he was doing. So Jesus told his disciples to have a small boat kept in readiness for him, in case the people should crowd him too closely. For he healed so many people that all those who were in pain kept pressing forward to touch him with their hands. Evil spirits, as soon as they saw him, acknowledged his authority and screamed, "You are the Son of God!"

But he warned them repeatedly that they must not make him known.

Luke 6:17-19 - Then (again after healing the man with the shrivelled hand, but here, in Luke's account, also after Jesus has chosen the twelve apostles ...) he came down with them and stood on a level piece of ground, surrounded by a large crowd of his disciples and a great number of people from all parts of Judea and Jerusalem and the coastal district of Tyre and Sidon, who had come to hear him and to be healed of their diseases. (And even those who were troubled with evil spirits were cured.) The whole crowd were trying to touch him with their hands, for power was going out from him and he was healing them all.

My advice is to run away as fast as you can. Don't get caught up in his guru groupie-ism or the thought-form-bliss from a hypnotized crowd.

:)

TI

• Like 6

Hi Lucky7Strikes :)

You know the danger of posting your precious experiences on a forum is that someone will come along and take the wind out of your sails. If that happens, then it shows that it was not permanent, and that is a good thing.

I found your post interesting but there is just too much bliss in it to calm this restless mind that craves equanimity. Some Buddhists say that the highs are really a form of suffering.. I concur.

I checked out about 20 of Sadhguru's youtube videos last night. He certainly does have a presence and is skilled at talking like he knows something that you don't, but won't tell you what it is...

Hello Tibetan Ice. Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed in your insights. You practice a lot of energy work, but...but but...I think you're a bit jealous as a bit of a bliss chaser yourself. Mhmm? lol, jk jk.

The facts of whatever jesus taught isn't important. Sadhguru often uses stories taken from varying traditions and cultures so the audience who were brought up from certain backgrounds can have a road and familiarity to approach what he is teaching. He uses all religious figures and stories to communicate a deeper truth. Facts are not important in these situations.

Second, as for your quote

In my interpretation of healing, healing is the eradication of the causes of the sickness, whether it be disease, karma or evil spirits. To be healed is to be rid of the cause of the sickness. To be rid of the cause is to not have it reappear later in a different form.

You miss the point of what Sadhguru is saying. All those reliefs are temporary. The reason why entities attach to them, or they are suffering in one way or another is because the deeper root of their suffering is not eradicated. The suffering is the ignorance that makes the man weak when facing the world, whether it be entities, bodily suffering or mental suffering. Ignorance of true nature of life makes each individual victims to their own prisons. So all the healing work or removing the effects of this deepest disease of ignorance is only a temporary relief. All the demons will begin to return if this root is not uprooted entirely. To guide a person into that endeavor is true healing.

Raising pranayma, kundalini, or dealing with entities are mere tools for you to reach into this source. If you dabble in these powerful practices for any other reason, you are merely abusing it for sensational pleasures. And since these pleasures are far greater than bodily pleasures, seekers can become seriously addicted, or become meglomaniacs (is that a word?), and make the path an even longer and arduous one than a regular man asking himself "who am I?" to the deepest of his core.

That's why energetic healing done without insight into the actual purpose of true "healing" (hint: awakening) as I said above is unfruitful. Sickness and suffering for an individual, when guided in the right way, is the greatest gift life can give him! All the bliss and kundalini will become serious distractions and he will waste away his entire life just enjoy meager energetic pleasures and never delving into the source of ignorance. Didn't you read Max's blog on his friend who was paralyzed who had attained the Golden Dragon body? Unlike any number of kunlun practitioner just enjoying bliss sensations, his friend was able to reach there through a deep contemplation of his limitations. That doesn't come without tremendous suffering fueling the fire. To heal someone's energies so that they can continue living their mediocre lives is to rob them of a great gift of suffering, that has the potential to quickly explode them into another dimension. You have to guide that into the deeper root.

Have you looked into Sadhguru's foundation? Isha is doing tremendous work in India, all with volunteers.

Guruism as you call it can be unfruitful if you become attached to the guru's body or mind. Don't you know the power of bhakti yoga? Haven't you read all the praises of Milarepa to Marpa? Or how about Ramakrishna towards his Devi? Do these stories have to be thousands of years old for you to believe in them? It has been marred by con artists in the modern age, but true devotion to the true Guru, who is both within you and within Sadhguru and me, is a beautiful thing. But it's just exploding out of Sadhguru. Tears of ecstasy and gratitude will consume you.

Sadhguru is intimidating. He will break you so that you will stop meddling with all the silliness and go straight to the source.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 3

Thanks Lucky for your posts, I was quite unsure about Sadhguru, of course a lot of what he says makes sense but these days there are so many false gurus especially in India that I wouldnt have visited him even if I had the chance.

But since your recommendation I for one will take the opportunity should it arise.

Facts are not important in these situations.

I tend to have a lot of respect for your judgment, Lucky...but maybe you've been a bit blinded-by-the-light here.

• Like 2

I tend to have a lot of respect for your judgment, Lucky...but maybe you've been a bit blinded-by-the-light here.

This whole effort everyone is putting together here is to go beyond mere facts/numbers/assessments that are dependent on physical conditions and experience the truth of ones nature directly that isn't material. So sometimes facts don't matter as much when you are trying to get people to open up to something much greater. Of course this approach wouldn't work for people who obsess about factuality (is that a word? I'm inventing a lot of words today) since they need concrete structure to...eventually break down that very structure. If you are like that, best to go with Buddhism. But a lot of them turn into armchair Buddhists who can explain everything but know nothing (hint hint..me..lol)

Still not everyone's like that. People who understand what it takes on the path don't seek facts. They seek inherent truths and realizations right here and right now. Otherwise you are better off studying natural science.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 1

Thanks Lucky for your posts, I was quite unsure about Sadhguru, of course a lot of what he says makes sense but these days there are so many false gurus especially in India that I wouldnt have visited him even if I had the chance.

But since your recommendation I for one will take the opportunity should it arise.

Thank you! Thank you so much. I wasn't sure about him either. If people have seen my posts, I have been the most independent, judgmental prick regarding stuff like following teachers and being devotee. But upon given a true opening, I can't turn back. I want everyone on this forum to at least give it a shot.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

I'd certainly recommend Sadhguru to anyone in the market for a Hindu-trappings chap. He's a Shiva-ite - lite sorta guy. Might be a bot Yang-ey for some, very llingyam oriented but talks a lot of sense . He was in the market quite a while before he started giving sanyas.

I'd certainly recommend Sadhguru to anyone in the market for a Hindu-trappings chap. He's a Shiva-ite - lite sorta guy. Might be a bot Yang-ey for some, very llingyam oriented but talks a lot of sense . He was in the market quite a while before he started giving sanyas.

I like your way of seeing gurus and spirituality. Jokes, markets, yang-ey, chaps....lol.

Sadhguru has no religious affiliation because he never studied under anyone in this lifetime. He was enlightened in the last lifetime but returned only so that he could complete his guru's request of building the dhnyalinga. If you see the process on video, it's amazing how everything happened. He nearly died creating that temple.

You have all this calibrations you carry around. "Yangey, linam oriented, shiva-ite. You went to see Sadhguru but only saw his body, just piece of flesh and words coming out of his brain. You never let these judgmental thoughts down and simply sat in his presence. You never gave his teachings a chance because the whole time you were integrating whatever he was to whatever knowledge you think you have of teachers. Because you are very very afraid of something new, a chance to drop your nonsense you've accumulated from dead books and experience that which is real.

How can a cup already filled to the brim see anything clearly without judgment?

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Nope, we only talked about motorbikes but I have seen him work, most impressive.

You from the same state and caste as him Lucky?

LOL.

HAHAHAH

I'm an asian -american who lives in Easter U.s....

that was a really funny question!

That's great that he just talked about motorbikes. Would've love to been there when he was teaching through just any topic. He said he used to just talk about motorbikes through a seven day retreat. Or butterflies.

Now it's a little more organized because there are so many people. But during short breaks, you see him play around.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Hello Tibetan Ice. Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed in your insights. You practice a lot of energy work, but...but but...I think you're a bit jealous as a bit of a bliss chaser yourself. Mhmm? lol, jk jk.

The facts of whatever jesus taught isn't important. Sadhguru often uses stories taken from varying traditions and cultures so the audience who were brought up from certain backgrounds can have a road and familiarity to approach what he is teaching. He uses all religious figures and stories to communicate a deeper truth. Facts are not important in these situations.

Second, as for your quote

You miss the point of what Sadhguru is saying. All those reliefs are temporary. The reason why entities attach to them, or they are suffering in one way or another is because the deeper root of their suffering is not eradicated. The suffering is the ignorance that makes the man weak when facing the world, whether it be entities, bodily suffering or mental suffering. Ignorance of true nature of life makes each individual victims to their own prisons. So all the healing work or removing the effects of this deepest disease of ignorance is only a temporary relief. All the demons will begin to return if this root is not uprooted entirely. To guide a person into that endeavor is true healing.

Raising pranayma, kundalini, or dealing with entities are mere tools for you to reach into this source. If you dabble in these powerful practices for any other reason, you are merely abusing it for sensational pleasures. And since these pleasures are far greater than bodily pleasures, seekers can become seriously addicted, or become meglomaniacs (is that a word?), and make the path an even longer and arduous one than a regular man asking himself "who am I?" to the deepest of his core.

That's why energetic healing done without insight into the actual purpose of true "healing" (hint: awakening) as I said above is unfruitful. Sickness and suffering for an individual, when guided in the right way, is the greatest gift life can give him! All the bliss and kundalini will become serious distractions and he will waste away his entire life just enjoy meager energetic pleasures and never delving into the source of ignorance. Didn't you read Max's blog on his friend who was paralyzed who had attained the Golden Dragon body? Unlike any number of kunlun practitioner just enjoying bliss sensations, his friend was able to reach there through a deep contemplation of his limitations. That doesn't come without tremendous suffering fueling the fire. To heal someone's energies so that they can continue living their mediocre lives is to rob them of a great gift of suffering, that has the potential to quickly explode them into another dimension. You have to guide that into the deeper root.

Have you looked into Sadhguru's foundation? Isha is doing tremendous work in India, all with volunteers.

Guruism as you call it can be unfruitful if you become attached to the guru's body or mind. Don't you know the power of bhakti yoga? Haven't you read all the praises of Milarepa to Marpa? Or how about Ramakrishna towards his Devi? Do these stories have to be thousands of years old for you to believe in them? It has been marred by con artists in the modern age, but true devotion to the true Guru, who is both within you and within Sadhguru and me, is a beautiful thing. But it's just exploding out of Sadhguru. Tears of ecstasy and gratitude will consume you.

Sadhguru is intimidating. He will break you so that you will stop meddling with all the silliness and go straight to the source.

Hi Lucky7 :)

You know, I am not attacking you personally, and I see no reason to assess the messenger. Please do not turn this into some kind of personal attack. I'm evaluating this guru based on my experience and knowledge, and psychic impressions of my current research. And you know, one has to overcome the attachment to bliss to go further. It is hard, I know, but I'm trying.

Logic is often contradictory. For example, from Sadhguru's message about healing and from what you have said in this next quote, I hope you can see that it is inconsistent.

To heal someone's energies so that they can continue living their mediocre lives is to rob them of a great gift of suffering, that has the potential to quickly explode them into another dimension. You have to guide that into the deeper root.

In this form of twisted logic, Is not the volunteer work that Isha is doing robbing people of the gift of suffering? Huh?

Anyway, step 2. Next, let's do a search on google for "Sadhguru scam" and see what comes up.

Gee, there seems to be quite a bit of controversy..

http://guruphiliac.l...ndation/page13/

You wrote in an earlier post, ""Sadhguru's business model works so well..."

Exactly, Isha is a business and it works...for him. He's now a millionaire. And desperate people will keep feeding the money monster, fooling themselves that they are better off because of it.

So when you're in the presence of Jaggi, you're in the presence of a shrewd businessman who is out to increase his kingdom. He cares not for your salvation, enlightenment or spiritual growth. He uses words, pre-packaged techniques and frivolous promises. Just like the other groups, cults and religions."

http://www.wyssyr.co...a-fraud-part-7/

What Isha does in the Advanced class? What he does though is some combination of hypnotism and NLP and has his followers shriek and go into spasms and some kind of witchcraft or so it seems. People sometimes are drawn to “boohoo” mystical stuff and great but this can be scary voodoo stuff, no matter how “accepting” and “open-minded” one can be! If you go to his advanced class in remote Tennessee place in a huge Dome like dwelling, the echos, the chants and the drumming and the wild dancing and tantra are all part of sound and sights. You are not allowed to take pictures. You are asked to release all phones and money and wallets in at the registration counter. I can see why? They do not want you to talk to outside world about events as they happen. When they brain wash you, they do not want interruptions until they “equip” you to walk away with a ”flame” that others do not and should not put out by their inputs…. This is puzzling to me and makes it a cult because they do not allow for free thinking until they have engrained their mark on you…

Lucky some guys including myself walked away or not participated in their rituals to follow their instructions…its too weird and spooky to roll eyes and hiss and have spasms and then hug the person that way too… All this possibly make him an expert at brain washing people and making them believe that a “peanut” is God and a tree is God and neighbour is god and you are God.

http://zaysen.blogsp...asudev-his.html

Suddenly, when nearly 95% of the consecration was done, and in a week’s time, the whole process would have finished, by the end of Jan 1997, his young wife Vijji of 31 years of age, while meditating, felt the urge to dissolve herself and so, she came out of her meditation, went and removed her jewellery and left her body on 23rd Jan 1997. Sadhguru says that, it was Mahasamadhi, where one leaves his/her body by sweet will, with prior planning. However, as he burnt her body the next day, itself even without informing his Father-in-Law, who was about 380 kms away or without doing an autopsy, suspicions remain whether the death was natural or a murder by SJV.

The following is the Indian Express Newspaper report as appearing on October 12, 1997 about police registering a case of murder by Jaggi Vasudev:

Coimbatore, Oct, 11: Close on the heels of scandals relating to fake godmen getting exposed, yet another ashram from Coimbatore is in the limelight with Jaggi Vasudev aliash Jagadeesh of Isha Yoga ashram at Poondi near Coimbatore, being charged with the murder of his wife Viji alias Vijayakumari.

A team of police personnel recently visited the premises of Isha Ashram at poondi and interrogated the inmates of the ashram. Godman Jaggi is away in the US.

According to police, T. S. Ganganna of Bangalore (father of Viji) had preferred a complaint with the Bangalore Police suspecting foul play in the death of his daughter Viji. The complainant had stated that his daughter left him last on June 15, 1996. He reportedly received a message on January 23, 1997, from Jaggi Vasudev, stating that Viji was no more.

When, SJV, had started teaching inner-engineering programs, himself, when Isha Foundation was very new i.e. 1994-1997, he personally condemned, all forms of cd/dvd, television yoga, book yoga, stating; reading any "teachings" or "philosophies" or "scriptures" or gathering the guru's words & chalking out, one's own path from different books, will lead to no transformation and take one no-where. SJV, used to take great pride in publicly ridiculing, people, when questions like Brahman, past life, mind, karma, atma, soul was raised, and snubbed the questioner as to from where these ideas had come and what "atma" was the questioner talking about? He used to look at the soles of his feet & say, that to talk about things, which was not in one's experience was simply lying to oneself !

Only experience, in the form of Live transmission of Life Transforming Kriyas like Shambhavi Mahamudra, Bhava Spandana, & Samyama programs were the real lasting thing and for these Kriyas to work, personal initiation, by a physically present live Guru, in front of the participants, was of utmost essence 100%. Then after some time, he contradicted himself; thinking, I suppose, that if I teach like this, I can never reach many people and make a lot of money so some dilution is required. So others can teach & I can initiate people into the kriya, by a video disc, without myself being present physically. And the shambhavi mahamudra kriya, will work and be equally effective, if not better as before. Isha, was a silent revolution, for self-realization, spread by, just word of mouth.

Now, 19 years down the line, everything has changed. All his talks, discourses have been printed/made in the form of books and dvd's, huge billboards advertisements/posters on vehicles have come up, competitors in the same business, who were condemned earlier, for teaching yoga on television, being bad for one’s health, on special invitation, have endorsed SJV & credited him with the title of 21st century Lord Shiva, tv-programs/interviews are being broadcasted and even an introductory inner engineering cd/online program has been made, a self-publicity False Biography has also been published and every three months a new book is being released. All this when he poeted once; "The gloriousness of the written word is but the excreta of the deluded mind" & "Silence is the only way". See, the unfolding of the False Guru Hoax!

The genuine Gautama Buddha, was in poverty by choice but I [sJV] being a False Buddha, can pursue the rich and their deep pockets and offer them mass enlightenment.

Other than his family members, an assumption was made, in comparison to the Buddha, that Buddha took to the path of begging and asceticism, with very deep intelligence and that the majority of people, have no need of Job, marriage, own houses, wealth creation, children. So in order to attain Buddha Hood, simplicity, renunciation and monk-Hood[intense hard work of 20 hrs a day for just 2 meals] was preached for others, yet the False Guru himself had/has an opulent life style. Business class air travel, 2 annual trips to USA when it is too hot in India, golf playing, Land Rover travel, 5 star hotel stay, hand-gliding, helicopter-flying, BMW motorcycle rides, horse riding, scuba diving, bungee jumping, and even drinks potfuls of Folgers coffee, stops frequently at "STAR BUCKS" for his regular coffee fixes, like an addict and in the past ate Chicken.

When asked about this; He pointed to his stomach, laughing and said that since he was enlightened he could decaffeinate, anything. I was stunned, when in a himalayan trip, SJV, ordered fried egg-plant [brinjal] dish for his volunteers. All these three items, are condemned as negative pranic substances in his Inner Engineering programs, stating that coffee intake can make, one's old age miserable! At present he himself consumes Sea-Food while at the same time is a “Champion for the cause of pure vegetarianism in the world!” He has even bought a Hummer[A sports Utility vehicle] for $ 80,000/- and a Beta R22 Helicopter costing $ 266,000/- for his personal use in India. Which previous Enlightened Master did all these things in the past?

His Inner Engineering for 7 days, which has been taught, for the last so many years, might have made people more productive, less angry and irritable and more energetic, but as a way for Enlightenment it is too much far off. For some people his "Kriyas" have back-fired seriously. Enlightenment can happen, for only those, who take their longing and pitch, to such a level, where due to some life situation, they get so intense to know the truth, that either they know it, or they will kill themselves. SJV himself says, that, Buddha never sat or did long hour meditations. He sat under the Bodhi tree, and in an instant, he was enlightened. So SJV, going to offer, everyone, chamundi hills experience of blissfulness and oneness by shambhavi mahamudra is simply too much of a claim being made in order to get participants.

In Isha, the bliss effects of joining the program are too well crafted, at the same time, warnings that the program[bSP] may have negative effects on certain people is always hidden. The regular quote by SJV's volunteers is; Sign up for the Inner Engineering, Doesn't work go do BSP, BSP lands one in hospital for 15 days, Do Hata Yoga; Hata yoga creates intense fever for 7 days, Doesn't work try shoonya, shoonya reduces one's mental alertness and reduces intelligence,

CHARISMATIC PSYCHOPATHS are devilishly charming, attractive, and liars. They are, usually gifted, of some talent or another, and they use it to their advantage in manipulating others. They possess, an almost demoniac ability, to persuade others, out of everything, they own, even their lives. Leaders, of religious sects or cults, for example, might be psychopaths, if they lead their followers, to their deaths. This sub-type, often, comes to believe in their own fictions. They are irresistible.

“Psychopaths have an on-going and excessive need for excitement & they long to live in the fast lane or ‘on the edge," where the action is. In many cases, the action, involves breaking the rules.”

I came across an article on the Internet that his 11 group companies under Isha Business have a turnover of Rs 1 Billion.

And his dud-followers in the form of swami's/maa are working in his ashram like mules for over 20 hours a day for just getting two meals. The mules have even forgotten that if they run away from their master they can get green grass and 2 meals anywhere.

These asses, swami's/maa’s have no brains to realize, that once they go past their youth and become useless to SJV and Isha they would simply be kicked out and left in the wilderness with no old age security and new asses would simply replace them.

There were 2 girls who committed suicide in 2002 at the india ashram who were doing his Isha Yoga, surrounded by the Divine. What could be the reason for yoga practitioners to commit suicide since Isha yoga claims to make one blissful all day long, life long? Blissful people committing suicide seems odd to me!

SJV acknowledged these deaths, coldly, stating; "If we have done, whatever we wanted to do, for them, then we continue to live joyously, right? We don’t have to let sadness affect us because they have passed away. We can be joyful and happy when our conscience is clear”.

and this..

http://zaysen.blogsp...on-as-cult.html

Volunteer (Slave) labor - young girls are being exploited, in the name of volunteering and Brahmacharya, they are just slaves. They are very vulnerable, emotionally very fragile, physically weak and exhausted. The seniors are extracting work from them in the name of spirituality/karma etc. These poor (subtly arrogant) souls walk into the trap thinking they could do intense spiritual practice but they would never get a chance. Their yoga practices are to designed to keep them fit to do the assigned work. The Full Time Slaves/Volunteers have no annual preventive dental or optical check-ups or any Medical Insurance. A recent example at the Ashram was that a middle aged women after practicing the "Kriyas" had some serious health problems and at middle of night hired a cab and had to go about 7 kms in search of a Good-Hospital at her own cost.

The use of followers, on fundraising, or mission activities, for little, or no pay, to line the leader's pockets. Psychological manipulation/coercion of program participants, especially young men/women, by drilling into their head, the unlimited responsibility talk of the cult leader, in deep voice, in order for them to keep working as slaves and paying money for the cult as if they themselves are guilty/responsible for the world's mess.

Despite slaving so much, volunteers/monks cannot meet their cult leader for years or have face to face conversation for 10mts, even though their cult leader has ample time for top people like celebrities, corrupt-politicians, greedy wealthy-industrialists at very short notice.

Volunteers have nothing to show for in the end - it all belongs to Isha and you will be Kicked out once you are unable to work and become a liability.

http://www.sciforums...ga-t-16760.html

There are deceptions and contradictions within and about isha.

1. There are many unresolved questions about Vij's death and the documented charges against sjv for murdering her. sjv never responded to the charges and they remain outstanding.

2. The is no proof of sjv's claim that there is solidified mercury inside the dhyanalingham.

3. sjv claims that he can simultaneously, of his own superhuman abilities, heal his broken bones and cure his asthma, both simultaneously in just over an hour's time.

4. In the past he said emphatically that yoga can only be transmitted personally, in the physical presence of the guru and can not be taught by t.v., mail, online or in any other way. He said yoga is an energy transmission from the guru to the disciple and required that the guru and disciple be physically present with each other. Yet, the isha yoga classes were then taught by teachers, without sjv's presence, and, now they are taught by sjv's design. Quite a change from his previous admonishments.

5. sjv claims that he designed the dhyanalingam and that his volunteers built it. However, there is documentation that the temple was designed and built by people from Auroville.

6. sjv claims that he was enlightened 3 lifetimes ago and that the only yoga training he had in this lifetime was hatha yoga learned from muladahali (sp?) swami when he was approximately age 12. He claims that other than that he has had no yoga training in this lifetime and has not read any of the scriptures. He claims that the yoga he teaches comes from within him and from his inate knowledge of life / creation. However, there are many accounts on the internet of people who state definitively that he was trained by Rishi Prabhakar and used to assist with teaching Rishi Prabhakar's classes of SSY. Which makes sense because when I researched SSY I find that it is almost exactly the same as isha yoga. And in the beginning, isha yoga was called sahaj sthithi yoga. And, curiously enough, there is another guru in South India, Guru Data something, that teaches his yoga called sahaj sthithi yoga, and, it is exactly the same as isha yoga. And, curiously, SSY, isha yoga and the other sahaj sthithi yoga taught by Guru Data all use the exact same language to describe the techniques of kriya and meditation. The exact same words in almst the exact same sentence order. So, it seems that sjv's claim to being a sadhguru (which according to him means he is an uneducated guru, not formally educated in the spiritual sciences) is not true at all.

I was involved in isha for many years and finally awoke to the fact that sjv is a liar at best and probably a criminal or a murderer at worst. He is no guru and he can't transmit yoga as he says. Certainly, he's a charlatan and a fraud.

People are averse to being deceived. That's not a flaw or imperfection that needs to be eliminated or purified. It's healthy. Don't get caught up in this mess.

Well, I've about had enough of that. I feel like I am being dragged down into a morass of filth, deception and inhumanity.

I really don't care one way or the other. Do what you want.

But do us a favour. In a few years, or however long it takes, do report back to us with your outcome.

I much prefer yogis like Dhyan Yogi, saints who are humble, consistent and don't have a mass of ex-disciples trying to publish warnings about what they've experienced.

:)

TI

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 1

True healing is not limited to you, him or her for it Spirit unto Spirit, or Love unto Love.

Unconditional Love knows no bounds yet it works with the vast matrix of time, space and forms,

Thus a hand reaches out in trust and another hand takes it in compassion and both must be open for such to work.

• Like 1