Hi

I am interested in any information regarding who are the premiere Taoist masters in or around the LA area. I am curious as to who is revered, considered the best, and who is real, no fakers. I am looking for a potential teacher, I appreciate any information provided.

Thank You.

Hmnn, like a spelling bee, you may be disqualified from any learning because you immediately spell pneumonia with an 'n'. In Taoism the best, may well be the lowest. 'The real' may look very ordinary. You're not looking for a Taoist master in LA, but a 'premiere' one. Are you looking for robes and magical abilities..perhaps an immortal?

Good luck, but it seems to me that your quest might be in vain until you reframe your mind set.

• Like 2

Perhaps he was hoping to catch someone respected, or maybe he's looking to be the next jesukrishbuddha. Either way, I second his request for thoughts and input on teachers anyone happens to know of in the Los Angeles area. Thank youniverse.

hello!

while i am not from the la area, there is the i-kuan tao temple near la, and there are many folks there who may be qualified. i have only personally met master william quo, who is just a super great, kind person. also, derek lin hosts a meeting at the temple each sunday which is free to the public, i believe (or you can just tune in online!). good luck, and i hope you find a great teacher!

later...

edited to include that the actual temple is in el monte, and not being from the area i have no idea where that is other than it is near la...i guess i should look that up!

Edited by Mr. T

I am new to Taoism so it is hard to know exactly what I want to study. I do know I am mainly interested in the esoteric traditions, inner martial arts, Taoist meditation, and inner alchemy. Thanks for you info.

Integral Way

These guys (Hua Ching Ni and his two sons) are in Santa Monica and have been around for a long time. They have a well regarded acupuncture school. I've never studied with any of them personally, so can't comment on their teachings. They have a lot of books and DVDs that you could check out and see if they resonate with you. Good luck.

I am new to Taoism so it is hard to know exactly what I want to study. I do know I am mainly interested in the esoteric traditions, inner martial arts, Taoist meditation, and inner alchemy. Thanks for you info.

You'll go further with a live teacher. You may want to start your search in San Francisco. There is a huge China town, at least one Taoist temple there. Spend a day or two there, walk around, ask questions, you may get a lead on something thats closer to you.

You may want to look into the KAP program taught by Santiago who's a member here. Its a skyped program so you get some teacher feedback. Its based on Glenn Morris's esoteric teachings, his attempt it distill the best of several esoteric energy systems with a strong dose of Taoist techniques.

Hi

I am interested in any information regarding who are the premiere Taoist masters in or around the LA area. I am curious as to who is revered, considered the best, and who is real, no fakers. I am looking for a potential teacher, I appreciate any information provided.

Thank You.

You'll go further with a live teacher. You may want to start your search in San Francisco. There is a huge China town, at least one Taoist temple there. Spend a day or two there, walk around, ask questions, you may get a lead on something thats closer to you.

You may want to look into the KAP program taught by Santiago who's a member here. Its a skyped program so you get some teacher feedback. Its based on Glenn Morris's esoteric teachings, his attempt it distill the best of several esoteric energy systems with a strong dose of Taoist techniques.

I'd like to chime in and say that Santiago is a real deal. I cant speak about it due to the fact that he asked me to keep the details between us but distance is of no issue. That I can say.

• Like 1