DreamBliss

Requesting Music Recommendations

I'm in a lot of pain and it's about to get worse. The proverbial you-know-what is about to hit the fan. Music is my therapy, but because of everything that has happened my tastes have gotten all messed up and I'm not really sure what to listen to anymore. I can not describe to you in words how it feels to go through your music collection, and realize that nothing fits anymore, that much of it does not speak to you anymore when it has spoken to you for years, leaving you unable to find anything to help you work things out. Worse some of the music reminds you of the pain you are suffering and what you are going through, so when it's not a temptation to return to it and hurt yourself it brings back memories that hurt you when you see it or hear a snatch of a song in a TV program Sucks. Big time.

No, I wasn't going to have you try to guess what might fit me. I've been listening to Jes and The Birthday Massacre. Both are working very well for me right now, Jes actually speaking to me a little more. Here is the song I love the most by Jes, from her album, "High Glow":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk0ltsJzh9E

Do you know of any other music similar to that? I think what I am after here is stuff that is emotional, spiritual, melanchony, and electronic/dance. If you have any suggestions for me would you post them?

I really appreciate it -

- DreamBliss

Edited by DreamBliss

RANDOM SONG SELECTION GO!!!!!!!!

Hey thanks for all the suggestions! I'll go through them later tonight. Couldn't have come at a better time either. White Wolf Running On Air - what is the prupose of the picture? It is very interesting, and I will study it, but I don't know what you mean by it.

- DreamBliss

• Like 1

Hey thanks for all the suggestions! I'll go through them later tonight. Couldn't have come at a better time either. White Wolf Running On Air - what is the prupose of the picture? It is very interesting, and I will study it, but I don't know what you mean by it.

- DreamBliss

Purpose was to provide some nice scenery :) the meaning is whatever meaning you apply.

I personally like the range of green shades/trees - I feel are nourishing :)

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Wow, this is incredible...Just my cup of tea at the moment :)

Then I would also recommend:

I went through a phase with this kind of music.

- DreamBliss

Purpose was to provide some nice scenery :) the meaning is whatever meaning you apply.

I personally like the range of green shades/trees - I feel are nourishing :)

I see. Well thank you. I too love the woods, but especially fantasy woods. Weird stuff like houses in trees and fairy villages. Ayhunna loves taking me through the woods playing, "Chase The Fox." So if I were to guess it's a part of my inner landscape.

- DreamBliss