Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

Favorite comedians?

So, I'm having comedy fun with my new ipod. Awake last night in the wee hours, and so loaded it up with

- laughing quietly in the middle of the night. Thought I might buy some
cd's & load 'em up also. Fun to play in the car, along with fav music..

Who are your favorite comedians?

Martin and the Python crew, Robin Williams, Jennifer Saunders (who wrote Absolutely Fabulous a British television comedy series)...various comics I can't remember the names of, only that they made me forcefully eject liquid from my mouth and/or nose as I was caught off guard by sudden fits of laughter.

George Carlin, Robin Williams (on stage). My all time favorite is Rodney Dangerfield's stage/lounge act. Never did like his movies though.

So, I'm having comedy fun with my new ipod. Awake last night in the wee hours, and so loaded it up with

- laughing quietly in the middle of the night. Thought I might buy some
cd's & load 'em up also. Fun to play in the car, along with fav music..

Who are your favorite comedians?

I just downloaded some Steve Martin. I forgot how funny he was. Not sure you want a bunch of teary eyed belly laughs while driving though.

George Carlin is a comic genius. He's been rockin' the comic stage since the late 70's.

It's amazing how his looks haven't changed much, but at least he's not wearing bell bottoms anymore.

Robin Williams, Steve Martin, and the Pythonites are very good indeedy.

I'm a big fan of Luis Black, Dave Chappelle, and Artie Lange.

Though I'm thinking you may not like the last two as much. :P

Zach Galifianakis

Patton Oswalt

Dave Attell

Mitch Hedberg (R.I.P.)

Louis C.K.

Doug Stanhope

Bob Saget (yes, from Full House, he is the dirtiest comic I've ever heard)

Bill Hicks

Spike Milligan, Bill Hicks, Graham Chapman, Sam Kinison, Bill Bailey, Paul Merton, The Goodies, Chris Morris (does he count?)

And some I forget. Will nip back for an edit later.

And just in case I'm off line for a bit, Happy Xmas to one and all.

I

That was removed!

!!!

This one is still there (at least as I'm posting this).

I've got a Rudy Ray Moore cd that's pretty hilarious; the youtube vids don't do him justice. Chaplin was beautiful to watch; the physical genius of Buster Keaton & Ch. Chaplin..

-- later edit --

Simon V. from HT mentioned Peter Sellers. I listened to the clips of his records, and he was out there. I heard a radio interview with Tommy Chong, and he said that he & Peter used to hang out sometimes when Peter was in town. Tommy said that Peter was a very unusual guy, and they had some crazy all nighters. :lol:

JORDAN - Bob Saget (yes, from Full House, he is the dirtiest comic I've ever heard)

hahahah, I still remember that crazy bit he did on "Half Baked"

BOB SAGET - Marajuana is not a drug! I once sucked some dick for coke, man.

You ever sucked some dick for some coke??

- *ducks immediately*

!! :o !!

Edited by TwoTrees

Laughter is the best medicine! So in an attempt at a rememberance of laughs past...

Lenny Bruce,- who got very unfunny but more important to hear...The Marx Brothers, Abbot & Costello, Buddy Hackett, Johnathan Winters, George Carlin, Flip Wilson, John Balushi (doing Joe Cocker-while right next to him on stage!- Robin Williams, Lewis Black, and recently G.W. Bush has said so many stupid things he now qualifies as a walking joke, (tho a pretty bad one)...

Also I recently heard Little Richard sing "I Feel Pretty" and it had me rolling on the floor...

Just about every comic has had a bit or two that got me goin' so god bless them one and all!!!

Bill Hicks, Mitch Hedberg, Larry David, Chris Rock, and Robert Schimmel are among my favorites, though lately I've been cracking up at the exploits of the Urban Ninja:

Not much dialogue, but the basic premise of most ninja-related humor fills me with juvenile glee!

Some slightly more old school choices:

The Marx Brothers

Abbott and Costello

Laurel and Hardy

Burns and Allen

W. C. Fields

Bill Cosby

Richard Pryor

Mel Brooks (Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, etc.)

Steve Martin

And for going to a whole 'nother place -

The Firesign Theater

Laugh long and prosper in the New Year,

Charlie

1) Early Bill Cosby stuff (ie the Noah skit)

2) The late Sam Kinison (standup only).

3) Rodney Dangerfield

4) Richard Pryor

5) Ron 'You Can't Fix Stupid' White

I read a funny book which had me ROLLING. It is HILARIOUS. A lot of the jokes would be funnier for people who've spent some time doing a bit of activism. But it's funny all around. It's called Fixed and confused: social work in animal shelters or: dairy farming in a lactose intolerant world: A comic play.

Sign in to follow this