Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Whats the state of Psychic research?

There are some unsolved anomalies in the crop circle phenomena. What has been debunked in our age? Loch Ness monster, not there now. Thorough sonar readings done patiently and scientifically have knocked out the possiblity. Also most famous photo debunked.

Big Foot, pretty much debunked. Massive population explosion in California and the west have left this giant hairy critter no place to rest his feet.

UFO's certainly not debunked, but far fewer sightings then in there 70's heyday. The 90's phenomena of abductions seem to be so yesterday.

Giant red headed wood pecker. Still up in the air.?

Psychic powers? We don't see anyone other then magicians levitating around. The Great Randi still has his $$.

The internet has brought together more people involved in psychic phenomena, but I don't know if its brought the absolute proof and shift that has been hoped for.

What out there? What is hoped? What is proved? What is teachable?

The last is particularly important to me. Can it be taught? Has it been. I don't want a master who produces cheese out of his butt if he can't teach his disciples and students to do the same.

Michael

Hello TheLearner,

I couldn't help but put my two cents worth in :)

My opinion on crop circles are that they are done by creative artists. I live in England and they are quite common here. I saw one this year on the east coast near Great Yarmouth. It was quite a simple design but still nice to see it. It was set in a field that was slanted towards a main road making it a perfect canvas.

I have also seen fields where the crop is almost flattened with twists and swurls. I think maybe the wind or soil type causes the strange growth. They are never as intricate as crop circles though.

I don't know if the lock ness monster has been totally debunked. Its a massive place and I think its about 22 miles long and about a mile wide. Its also very deep in places and the water is cloudy making visibility near impossible. There might be a few odd creatures in there but I don't know. I think they are probably better kept secret anyway.

Big foot isn't just native to America or the west. Sightings of giant mammalian animals are reported all over the world. They are seen in places such as Brazil, China and Russia.

UFO's are so last year. I think most of the sightings are actually of top secret research. The best reported case in the U.K is Rendlesham Forest. The incident was reported by the military. I am convinced there is life on other planets because the universe is so large it would be stupid to think there is only life here. As to the level of development I don't know. The 90's phenomena of abductions was largely in America I think?

Psychic powers? There is documented proof that the Americans and Russians used remote viewers during the cold war. I think it is possible to gain a certain amount of intuitive sense by becoming more receptive to people. Kind of like a womans intuition.

If there were people out there with astounding gifts I think they would 'disappear' fairly quickly. I wouldn't be too keen on advertising special powers, i've seen too many x-files for that! Beware the probe!

If there were people out there with astounding gifts I think they would 'disappear' fairly quickly. I wouldn't be too keen on advertising special powers, i've seen too many x-files for that! Beware the probe!

I second that! :)

I think psychic sensitivity is more the rule than the exception... and my Mom swears she has seen the woodpecker. And her description seems plausable and unique, although she wasn't in a swampy area so the researcher she reported it to wasn't convinced.

The only thing I have experienced first hand is psychic telepathy and synchronicity,intuition.

Never have seen a ghost or UFO but I am open to that possibilty.

Sign in to follow this