Any acupuncturists out there, feel free to weigh in...

Since kidneys are important to spiritual practitioners...since this point benefits both kidney yin (which is rare) and yang...since it's the shu stream and yuan source point for the kidney...

Why don't we talk about massaging it daily?

I've only seen this method mentioned once anywhere.

You can access it in the spot between your medial malleolus and Achilles tendon at the ankle.

kid2-6.jpg

• Like 1

With their relationship to the primordial Qi, the Yuan Source points indicate the nature of Yin in the body and the Yin Yuan Points can be used to tonify the 5 Yin Organs (HT, LU, SP, KD, LV) a/or as diagnostic tools for the 5 Yin Organs.

Taken from: http://www.yinyanghouse.com/acupuncturepoints/theory_yuanluo

If you notice something weird going on in the area of one of the yin organ yuan-source points, you can simply stimulate that point to benefit the organ.

Edited by turtle shell

Is this a point of confluence of kidney, liver, spleen energies? I had understood it was.

I do this one every day with acupressure (as well as some other points).

Nope, KID6 is the confluent point. Although I don't really understand TCM stuff personally, so maybe I'm wrong...

I have asked my self the same question, and ever since I started massaging my mamrma points according to ayurvedic literature daily, I have noticed an increase of energy. Incidentally, the point on the feet have been the most beneficial. One of them is called Gulpha, corresponding roughly to KD6, although in a massage it looks really easy to include 3-6 if massaging circularly. Another cxouple of points i have found useful is Talahidraya (KD1 or 48 on mine), Kurcha (47 on my image) and Kurchashira on the foot (46 on mine)

http://www.massagean...arma Points.jpg

Marma%20Points.jpg

Edited by healingtouch

You do every time you walk, run, ride a bike or squat

Agree to an extent...although massaging directly for a while seems to give me a good noticeable effect, whereas something like walking doesn't.

KD3 is in the area of the toe flexors, so flexing and stretching all of the toes might be useful. Unfortunately not many physical exercises deal with that too much.

In JSJ, if there are issues at this point, you simply hold energy lock 15 (put your hands on the place where the legs meet the hips in the front, or over the hip flexors). Holding that area opens the energy flow and clears blockages at the inner ankle.