Sign in to follow this  
Treena

Sacred Geometry, Pinchbeck, Crop Circles?

I'm in the midst of reading Daniel Pinchbeck's 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl. I find it a fascinating read and, funny, it coincides with my recent introduction to Sacred Geometry. I also lucked into a great discount book called Crop Circles by the Alexanders, which has great visual images to go with the chapter Pinchbeck writes on the topic. Mindblowing images: sacred geometry, fractuals, spirals, religious symbols, forms of life.

My mind is in one of those chaotic states of What the--? What does it all mean? Does it have to mean anything? Math as gorgeous images, too cool. Where was that when I was in high school? Who's doing the Crop Circles? Aliens? Ley lines and...? Or, other dimensional beings? Enlightened beings? Stephen Hawking?

Only thing I can come up with is I don't know. But it sure is cool anyway. And the images are amazing. Mandalas to meditate on.

Anyone have any great theories, comments, insights, references, info sources?

Yeah, I love a good mystery too. Don't know who's behind the crop circles either... - bored housewives maybe.

12/21/12 sure has been thrown around a lot lately though. Wouldn't it be funny if it just turns out to be another day like all the rest. I dont know - the Mayans seem like pretty serious people so I'll guess we'll have to wait and see.

BTW there is a Daniel Pinchbeck podcast that you can link to via amazon.com

Edited by snowmon

LOL, Snowmom, bored housewives indeed! I can believe they'd get the job done quickly and efficiently. Thanks for the heads-up on the podcast.

Wayfarer, thanks for the great links. I see I have some exploring to do. And yahoo, Chaos Theory. Love it. From what I've kept in my memory (I have a very small memory bank) reading about it years ago is that in the midst of chaos you either adapt or die. Those who adapt, ride the wave and continue on for more chaos. Those who don't, dissolve into the chaos and... Likely not accurate as to the whole theory. But I'll head back in and check it out.

Anyone gung it up in a crop circle after formation? I've read in Silvas book "Mysteries in the Fields" that some formations produce ecstatic feelings when you travel in one direction around, and produce nausa etc when you travel the other direction!

The language of mandalas seems a reasonably logical basis for investigation and practical experimentation into such matters. This is a very very very old form of "thinking" in my opinion. Symbolic representations most definately have a navigational effect and offer many insights into the nature being.

Spectrum

I rented a documentary dvd on crop circles from my local Videoteque; it was fabulous! I don't know how they're done, but they are beautiful, beautiful! The documentary is worth watching for the art. For me, the mystery of how it's done is clearly so far out of my reach that I don't have any energy deployed in trying to figure, but the beauty and art of it is magnificent.. and some of the close-ups, how cleanly it's done, makes it even more so.

crop_circle.jpg

I think they're great and show what a man with a spike, roap, and small board can do; along with a friend and a lot of time. There are videos that show men who have been making these things for years, even before they were 'big time'. Put a spike in the ground, use rope, walk around it with a board, stomping on crops.

Use a compass, let out rope, make another circle. Spirals and mandalas are natural outcomes of various spinnings around different points. A little inspiration and the wallah.

I forget the name, but as kids, didn't we all play the drawing game where you put a colored pencil in a plastic round circle, then spin it in a round enclosure. Depending on which hole you put it in you would make amazing designs. Using different holes on the wheel and smaller wheels and you could create amazing mandalas, in seconds.

Thus I think most of them are terrestrial artists, maybe some are graphitti artists from space. While its slightly more constructive then cow mutilation, I wish they'd get a life.

Looking at those designs you can easily imagine where the spike was put in, where they completed and filled in the circles, where they left swirled outlines.

Michael

I like the secret code of the ages explaination more... I got my ring in the mail finally geez! ;o)

Edited by Spectrum

Hi again,

I've been wanting to contact James Glick. We went to the same high-school and were in the same grade, but didn't socialize much. He was one of the "brightest" guys in the class and we all figured he'd make his mark. I'd want to have a little more info at hand before asking a lot of fool questions of him, but I hope to make the effort one day, if nothing else, just to see what he says about the quantum/Taoism linkages we have discussed here at some length...

Namaste-Pat

Dustwalker and Lerner,

Both the Pinchbeck and Alexander books say there are the hoaxer circles and then there are the unexplainable circles. Apparently there is quite a difference between the methods of the two.

The hoaxers flatten the grain (wheat or barley usually) and the unexplainable and often "unclaimed" circles have crops that have "specific changes to the nodal points of wheat and barley stems, which are seen to bend or rupture from the inside outwards."

And while, "Levengood [biophysicist] does not go so far as to speculate on the ultimate origin of such changes, he does believe that microwave energy may be involved, which superheats the crops for a fraction of a second, affecting the moisture content and causing the plants to soften and fall over, cooling in a horizontal position" (Alexander).

And, well, if all it is is some hoaxers who want to create beautiful art in fields, good for them. Interesting thing, Pinchbeck notes they have managed to put some mathematical crop circles out there that are so far advanced they haven't or almost haven't been figured out yet! Math geeks unite and do crop circles! The odds, what are the odds?

:lol:

• Like 1

Use a compass, let out rope, make another circle. Spirals and mandalas are natural outcomes of various spinnings around different points. A little inspiration and the wallah.

Michael

This is exactly why they are in the form of Sacred Geometric patterns. Buy a book on Sacred Geometry and you will learn how to draw the patterns with string, a tack and a pencil. Its not so much a question of how they draw the sacred geometric shapes but that they cant draw anything else with the tools they are using.

Yeah, I am not big on the extraterrestrial origin theory of crop circles. For a time I wondered about it being caused by piezoelectric explosions caused by earth tremors or something like that.

I think they're great and show what a man with a spike, roap, and small board can do; along with a friend and a lot of time. There are videos that show men who have been making these things for years, even before they were 'big time'. Put a spike in the ground, use rope, walk around it with a board, stomping on crops.
From the dvd documentary (I think this is the one) that I saw, it looked unlikely that all of them are produced by guys with sticks and ropes. The documentary was fairly neutral and very non-conclusional about how they're made (which I appreciated), but provided lots of interesting footage on them. Like I said before, the video is way worth watching just for the beauty of these things, however they're made (common or misc. uncommon means). Whether it's a gang of mathemeticians with ropes, or adolescents from Degoba with nothing to do on Saturday nights, they're definately inspirational art. DVD recommended. :)

A few years ago, when I saw the beautifully complex "crop circles" that were out there, I thought there was no way they could be made by people. The authorites noted hallmarks of "real" circles (ie. not man-made) such as the ben stems and the special swirls. Then, last year when I was looking through one web-site, they pointed out those hallmarks in fake circles.

Clearly anthropogenic circles are discussed by their makers on this website:

http://www.circlemakers.org/exhibit_a.html

The known fake circles are not as complex as the most intricate "real" circles, but the two classes of circles are so little-different, that I believe that humans are the creators of all of the circles.

The known fake circles are not as complex as the most intricate "real" circles, but the two classes of circles are so little-different, that I believe that humans are the creators of all of the circles.

Yeah, very well could be. How bout this wild speculation, check out the image of the meditator in the merkaba (image tag says: This looks like a UFO) at http://www.crystalinks.com/merkaba.html and then consider, maybe humans are doing just that. Would also explain the UFO and light-type sightings. B)

... so... has anyone gone out and practiced in one yet? Geometry is movement language. I'm planning on going next season.

Spectrum

... so... has anyone gone out and practiced in one yet? Geometry is movement language. I'm planning on going next season.

That would be very cool. When you do, please let us know what it was like.

Can you imagine standing right in the middle while doing universal post for an hour? Oh my!

Aldbourneb.jpg

just reading 2012 right now... half done... so i guess the aliens came down to the maya and gave them many numbers that made sense and the maya depicted future space travel on the top of one of their kings sarcophagus'... seems the crop circles are really info aimed at a more advanced society... even euclid and his minions didnt discover those other geometric theorems... gotta go to england

Sign in to follow this