raimonio

the Early Heaven and the Ancient Egyptians

I just watched the second episode of "the Magical Egypt" where it is argumented that the egyptian culture and artifacts are infact atleast ten thousand years old. So they were these great magicians and spiritual masters who knew about the mysteries of our existence. I've also given thought to the concept of early heaven and the idea that we are moving torward the later heaven. That is what I picked up somewhere, it is the view in Taoism right? So from that perspective the major sociological change becomes understandable, even a natural occurance.

Its like during the last few hundred years or more man kind has been awaken to a whole new kind of existence within the mind. We have taken a direction torward rationalism, when before that must've been nearly impossible, it was all about the spiritual aspects and direct connection with the otherwordly. Because of this the academics regard our previous existence as primitive and retarded, when infact they we might've been wiser and more advanced the truth to be told. We did not need machinery etc. because we were in contact with the truth naturally. All of these scientific "breaktroughs" would propably look retarded and unneeded by someone who is in contact with something greater. Why would someone waste his time thinking rationally and creating machines if the material world is only a fraction of the whole existence?

This is all just speculation. I dont know if I have a particular question in mind but I would like to hear what other people make of the situation. Where are we headed? Is it harder to walk the path today? I mean theres more information and the teachings are more attainable by the common folk, but does that make up for the change in conciousness? Is there any good in the way we percieve reality today in terms of spiritual practice?

Is there any literature written about the subject? My rational mind has found a new obsession :P

im so glad i can post! check out "spirit science" on youtube. its animated but tells the story of what happened and is going on in the world. and the story is verry deep. it not only tells the story but gives loads of info on where to get more info. legit sorces.

im so glad i can post! check out "spirit science" on youtube. its animated but tells the story of what happened and is going on in the world. and the story is verry deep. it not only tells the story but gives loads of info on where to get more info. legit sorces.

Hi there, welcome to the forum. :)

(Did you mean to have the username you have, or did you mean MERCILESS? If not, what does MERCELESS mean?)

Magical Egypt is a wonderful series, and I do love the emphasis on spiritual immortality, being myself someone quite interested in such arcane concepts.

However my peeve with most hermeticism (the stream of esoteric knowledge which is supposedly based off of ancient Egyptan knowledge), is that most it is watered down, overly intellectual and rational, and usually nonpractical. other than hermeticism, one can only really guess at to what kind of spiritual path the ancient Egyptian intiates really entered themselves into. My guess is that they have hidden their methodology in their hieroglyphics and architecture, but I think that it is safe to say, that no one in the entire world is so erudite as to decipher their complete system of spiritual practice into something that we could apply practically.

I mean, you hear of hermetist sects left and right (if you are immersed into western forms of esotericism and alchemy).. but most of these turn out to be cults, money making shams, and if they even are true to their intention, even the supposed adepts of their sects are not very impressive. Their members are always doing rituals such as the LBRP and imagining of light enveloping the body etc, but most of the ones that I have seen do not have impressive auras and cannot even do simple practices like energy projection. They seem to drown and dwindle in their lore, and do not achieve anything impressive. and the ones that do always seem to be following systems which borrow very heavily from eastern forms of alchemy.

I suppose that even the highest regarded series of book on practical hermeticism, Franz Bardon's series of books, always seem to dwell on working with elements or spirits, but do not transcend or have an end goal to the practice in mind.

If a practice is supposed to lead you to enlightenment, or immortality (take your pick), generally, (with the exception of Zen), it will have a pathway for one to follow, a sort of road map where if one follows it, one will achieve a certain degree of attainment and realization. like Daoist alchemy, for example, there is always a foundation on which everything else is built upon. there are always preliminary steps and a foundation to be built, but there is always something being refined, created and harnessed towards a certain goal.. there is a general "path" that you take... which one can refer to determine one's attainment, and what is next to practice.

The hermetic alchemists do have descriptions about it, but I have never seen anything on an ultimately practical level on par with the Daoist alchemists. The hermeticists and their sects always stop at theory, or have to steal yogic practices from the Indians in order to find some kind of progression. Daoist lineages have no qualms about these things, the theories and the practice go hand-in-hand. Like for example, filling the dan, strengthening the dan, opening the water-wheel.. these are fairly straightforward practices which are practiced by numerous lineages.

The ancient Egyptians, much like the Daoist alchemists, also are immersed in a framework in which the ultimate end is "spiritual immortality". To paraphrase from the series (I cannot remember the exact words), the goal is to train one's self for the final tests in the afterlife, for if one succeeds in passing these, one's soul is granted immortality and "to ride in the chariot of the Gods". What I also find interesting are their concepts of the soul, that in particular, one's soul can be destroyed.. which reminds me of the Daoist dispersion of the hun and po souls after the death of the body. However, how these things are achieved, remain a total mystery, and I suppose always will.

I apologize for rambling, but I guess my main point here is that it seems to me, that lineage of alchemists of old Egypt are all dead, and the only living lineages in which one seems to have any path of great energetic progress in current times are usually of far Eastern origin.

Information on spiritual practices are scattered throughout the internet. Just experiment.

I've had similar thoughts. I feel the idea of trying to go the esoteric way properly as very unpractical because of the lack of genuine lineages and masters. Its a shame really, that the information is so scattered. Although there must be some guys who have got to the higher levels with these practices. If something works for some then hey, they should do it :P

Welcome to Tao bums on my part aswell MERCELESS ONE, I watched a few episodes of the spirit science, although it had alot of information I felt like I already knew it. Also it seemed a bit too new-agy for my taste. A good source of information about the spiritual stuff nonetheless.

Edited by raimonio

Magical Egypt is a wonderful series, and I do love the emphasis on spiritual immortality, being myself someone quite interested in such arcane concepts.

However my peeve with most hermeticism (the stream of esoteric knowledge which is supposedly based off of ancient Egyptan knowledge), is that most it is watered down, overly intellectual and rational, and usually nonpractical. other than hermeticism, one can only really guess at to what kind of spiritual path the ancient Egyptian intiates really entered themselves into. My guess is that they have hidden their methodology in their hieroglyphics and architecture, but I think that it is safe to say, that no one in the entire world is so erudite as to decipher their complete system of spiritual practice into something that we could apply practically.

I mean, you hear of hermetist sects left and right (if you are immersed into western forms of esotericism and alchemy).. but most of these turn out to be cults, money making shams, and if they even are true to their intention, even the supposed adepts of their sects are not very impressive. Their members are always doing rituals such as the LBRP and imagining of light enveloping the body etc, but most of the ones that I have seen do not have impressive auras and cannot even do simple practices like energy projection. They seem to drown and dwindle in their lore, and do not achieve anything impressive. and the ones that do always seem to be following systems which borrow very heavily from eastern forms of alchemy.

I suppose that even the highest regarded series of book on practical hermeticism, Franz Bardon's series of books, always seem to dwell on working with elements or spirits, but do not transcend or have an end goal to the practice in mind.

If a practice is supposed to lead you to enlightenment, or immortality (take your pick), generally, (with the exception of Zen), it will have a pathway for one to follow, a sort of road map where if one follows it, one will achieve a certain degree of attainment and realization. like Daoist alchemy, for example, there is always a foundation on which everything else is built upon. there are always preliminary steps and a foundation to be built, but there is always something being refined, created and harnessed towards a certain goal.. there is a general "path" that you take... which one can refer to determine one's attainment, and what is next to practice.

The hermetic alchemists do have descriptions about it, but I have never seen anything on an ultimately practical level on par with the Daoist alchemists. The hermeticists and their sects always stop at theory, or have to steal yogic practices from the Indians in order to find some kind of progression. Daoist lineages have no qualms about these things, the theories and the practice go hand-in-hand. Like for example, filling the dan, strengthening the dan, opening the water-wheel.. these are fairly straightforward practices which are practiced by numerous lineages.

The ancient Egyptians, much like the Daoist alchemists, also are immersed in a framework in which the ultimate end is "spiritual immortality". To paraphrase from the series (I cannot remember the exact words), the goal is to train one's self for the final tests in the afterlife, for if one succeeds in passing these, one's soul is granted immortality and "to ride in the chariot of the Gods". What I also find interesting are their concepts of the soul, that in particular, one's soul can be destroyed.. which reminds me of the Daoist dispersion of the hun and po souls after the death of the body. However, how these things are achieved, remain a total mystery, and I suppose always will.

I apologize for rambling, but I guess my main point here is that it seems to me, that lineage of alchemists of old Egypt are all dead, and the only living lineages in which one seems to have any path of great energetic progress in current times are usually of far Eastern origin.

I couldn't agree with this more.

I feel the same about most paganism too.

I imagine the big book burnings that have taken place over the years have really helped hammer the nail into the coffin of these ancient arts.

In fact most of the Western systems - such as Kabbalah, Alchemy or Freemasonry - just confuse me.

I think it's partly been due to the need to suppress beliefs from the reach of the church over the years.

In the West we also like to intellectualise everything. Obviously that's the path for some people, I'm just not smart or patient enough.

Mind you, I'd love to see what the Vatican have in their archives.

Thing is with Ancient Egypt same as with the Celtic fancy, nobody knows for sure so anyone can pretty much package up their own ideas in Ancient Egyptian or Celtic wrapping paper and put them on sale in their shop windows.

Templars is another topic. Keeps the publishers and programme makers in business.

Some people like the mysterious and mystical, you only have to look on the internet,mag racks or Amazon to be able to find something that suits your current interests.

For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing that they like.

The produers make lots more money than the consumers of these products so why not write your own mythos?

Given the right packaging and advertising then somebody is sure to buy it.