Humble

Well THAT was different.

So, earlier I was doing my ZZ standing and qigong (no particular school, just what feels right) and I had a seat and remembered an exercise I read somewhere about sitting in "holding the ball" style, right hand on top, heels off the floor.

A few minutes in my legs are bouncing up and down like sewing machine needles and my bodies swaying without me making any of it happen. There was a good amount of qi flowing through me, but that's not happened before. Can anyone inform me on this phenomenon or should I suspect seizure activity?

So you just stumbled upon the Kunlun method :suspicious: are you sure you haven't learned it before but forgot about it ?

So you just stumbled upon the Kunlun method :suspicious: are you sure you haven't learned it before but forgot about it ?

No, I didnt stumble upon it. I read it somwhere (likely on here somwhere) and couldnt remember the name of it. So, is that normal?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't the kunlun method sitting down on the edge of the chair, heels raised?

Apparently. But Im not debating on the name of it, Im just wondering if the vibratingly legs thing is the norm.

No, I didnt stumble upon it. I read it somwhere (likely on here somwhere) and couldnt remember the name of it. So, is that normal?

Yeah everything you experienced is normal, those sort of movements are expected, I would be careful with it though as it is powerful . Pity other people have trademarked it or you could copy most of the other qigong teachers in the market and make up some obscure story about it being passed down by Lao Tzu or someone through secret all the way to you and sell it for a lot of money.

• Like 1

Yeah everything you experienced is normal, those sort of movements are expected, I would be careful with it though as it is powerful . Pity other people have trademarked it or you could copy most of the other qigong teachers in the market and make up some obscure story about it being passed down by Lao Tzu or someone through secret all the way to you and sell it for a lot of money.

I was just gonna say Xenu taught me. Where can a broke fella like myself grab some info on this kunlun stuff? My curiosity is piqued.

Edited by Humble

I was just gonna say Xenu taught me. Where can a broke fella like myself grab some info on this kunlun stuff? My curiosity is piqued.

If you have a lot of spare time you can do a search here, but you are probably better off getting Max Christensen aka Lama Thunderbolt's latest book

If you have a lot of spare time you can do a search here, but you are probably better off getting Max Christensen aka Lama Thunderbolt's latest book

I'll do some looking about. Appreciate the info. Thanks.

Funny, because I remember doing that same thing when I was a kid. I would raise my heels while sitting on a chair and soon enough I would get some rapid bouncing going on, which seemed to last as long as I didnt interrupt it. I never thought that it some some form of supposedly " advanced" qigong lol

Funny, because I remember doing that same thing when I was a kid. I would raise my heels while sitting on a chair and soon enough I would get some rapid bouncing going on, which seemed to last as long as I didnt interrupt it. I never thought that it some some form of supposedly " advanced" qigong lol

Yeah. It was interesting, I don't know how "advanced" it is. A quick google search is raising wildly different points of view to say the least. Lol.

Yup.

What comes naturally is often the most powerful. <<yawns stretching arms out>> yoga with excellent breath and extension-natural

I'll do some looking about. Appreciate the info. Thanks.

I've got the new book which isn't my bag unfortunately. I would sell it (it's in mint condition !) because I need to trim down my library.

after you get the sitting down on the edge of a wooden chair with heels raised, down pat.

try standing knees slightly bent heels raised hands stretched upwards and see how that goes

after you get the sitting down on the edge of a wooden chair with heels raised, down pat.

try standing knees slightly bent heels raised hands stretched upwards and see how that goes

I have balance issues at times, even in normal consciosness. Will leaning on something affect this position?

I have balance issues at times, even in normal consciosness. Will leaning on something affect this position?

shouldnt lean on anything in the standing wave or kunlun dragon chi kung posture.

it sounds like you are getting nice results in the sitting spontaneous adjustment qigong.

i would stick with that for now. it is powerful and healing.

tai chi is great for balance issues.

• Like 1

shouldnt lean on anything in the standing wave or kunlun dragon chi kung posture.

it sounds like you are getting nice results in the sitting spontaneous adjustment qigong.

i would stick with that for now. it is powerful and healing.

tai chi is great for balance issues.

*Mr Burns finger steeple*

Ehhhxcellent.

• Like 1

"Pity other people have trademarked it"

i am wondering, they trademarked their system not a specific qigong right?

coz how could someone trademark spontaneous movements?

• Like 1

This thread holds the highest value per words on the entire forum. Now go practice for a year or two. :ninja:

• Like 1

Reptiles?

Do a search on Kunlun on TTB and you'll find some interesting (and somewhat heated) debates about its provenance and its safety.

Do a search on Kunlun on TTB and you'll find some interesting (and somewhat heated) debates about its provenance and its safety.

Blech, all that drama leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'll just go back to doing my own thing. Appreciate the heads up.