Most people while at fairs, set ups at the mall, or places like that, have encountered people offering things like palm reading, fortune telling, and tarot card readings.

To a lot of people these things may not be interesting, or not worth the money. Most people dont really believe these things are going to help them much or are authentic.

Here is the original Tarot. It is different than the version the public is familiar with, which is probably only a few hundred years old at the most, and was probably systemized in its current form, in Europe. Tarot is not meant exactly for fortune telling, but rather, for understanding ones spiritual path, and spiritual develoment. This is the most authentic version available today, and is the closest to the original version systemized by Thoth that exists.

Free Thoth Tarot Readings-

http://www.atlantis.to/free-tarot.htm

Edited by Immortal4life
  • Like 1

for a great description of ancient tarot i recommend reading The History And Practice of Magic by Paul Christian about the place of tarot in the egyptian mystery schools, and a description of the 21 trumps as described from pictures found in egyptian temples. Different from pamela smiths art, and waite's concepts, and definitely different from crowleys reenvisioning of the tarot

Welp, even the cards say the same thing

Conqueror it is

Told me the same thing. Now I'm curious, is it the same card the site offers everybody or is it just you and me whose oyster the world is?.. C'mon folks, 'fess up, what did you get?

Told me the same thing. Now I'm curious, is it the same card the site offers everybody or is it just you and me whose oyster the world is?.. C'mon folks, 'fess up, what did you get?

I asked How should I frame my investing in the coming month? The answer:

"Sarcophagus — Arcanum XX (20)

Expresses in the spiritual world, the immortality of the soul.

In the intellectual world, the judgment of conscience.

In the physical world, unexpected elevation.

Remember, then, son of earth, that all fortune is changeable, even that which

appears most stable. The ascension of the soul is the fruit that it should draw from

its successive trials. Hope in suffering, but mistrust thyself in prosperity. If

Arcanum XX should appear in the prophetic signs of thy horoscope, fall not

asleep, either in idleness or forgetfulness; for thou hast a mission to accomplish

which providence will reveal when thou art prepared to receive it.

In Divination, Arcanum XX may be read as an Awakening or Resurrection.

Arcanum XX is figured by a sarcophagus on whose side is pictured a scarab. Above

this tomb a genie sounds a trumpet, whereupon it opens and aman, woman and child

rise from it, still dressed in their winding sheets.

The sarcophagus is the tomb through which man ascents to a higher life. The scarab is

symbol of the immortality of the soul. The genie blowing the trumpet is the call to

ascend to higher spheres. A man, woman and child arise together to indicate that

immortality depends upon the trinity of positive and negative soul-monads united

about their Deific ego. The innocence of the ego is represented by the child.

The real tomb is the physical body which confines and envelops the soul while it

develops its powers through the functions of social life; its relations to other

life-forms. After one life in human form it has acquired self-consciousness and has

no need to return to earth. As indicated by the trinity rising from the grave, there are

opportunities for family life and other experiences on the next plane, the total

ensemble symbolizing this entering into a new and active life in a realm above

matter."

There's some 'meat' to answer for me to digest.

The Adept — Arcanum XXI (21)

Expresses in the spiritual world, angelhood.

In the intellectual world, the triumph of adeptship.

In the physical world, the highest possible attainment.

Remember, then, son of earth, that the empire of the world belongs to the empire of

light and that the empire of light is the throne which God reserves for the sanctified

will. If Arcanum XXI should appear in the prophetic signs of thy horoscope, thou

wilt gather the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, and drink of the eternal

fountain, if thou art sufficiently master of thyself to approach it without coveting;

obstacles will disappear from thy path, and thy destiny will have no limit save those

of thy will.

In Divination, Arcanum XXI may be read as Success or Attainment.

Arcanum XXI is figured by a kneeling young girl playing on a harp of three strings.

Above is a wreath of twelve flowers, each flower having three blossoms. At each of

the four angles of the wreath is a head; the two below being the head of an eagle and

the head of a bull, the two above being the head of a lion and the head of a man. The

man’s head has the sacred serpent at its brow to indicate mental fertility. In the center

of the wreath is a phallus and a yoni conjoined. This sacred lingha is soaring upward

through the wreath, sustained by two wings.

The young girl symbolizes purity of life. She is modestly clothed to indicate

simplicity of living and moderation in desires. She kneels as she plays the harp to

indicate absolute devotion to the higher laws, and prayerful aspirations to live a

spiritual life.

The harp has three strings, signifying harmony of body, intellect and emotions.

The twelve flowers of the wreath above are the twelve zodiacal signs in which all

experience is gained. The three blossoms of each flower indicate that both souls, as

represented joined in the winged linga, have garnered the flowers of zodiacal

experience on all planes, physical, astral and spiritual.

The head of the Lion signifies the creative forces of the solar sign, Leo, and the

courage which is necessary to all real attainment. The head of the Bull represents the

fructifying agent of nature and points out the necessity of labor in all progress. The

Eagle signifies that sex, as signified by the sign Scorpio, has been turned into

channels which lead to spirituality. And the head of the Man indicates that both

intuition and intelligence are necessary guides in unfolding the highest spiritual

possibilities.

These four emblems ranged around the zodiac typify the processes of evolution.

They are the four forms of the Egyptian sphinx, and also symbolize the passage of the

Sun through the four zodiacal quadrants. As applied to adeptship they point out that

the neophyte must have energy and courage to sustain his efforts, must have

knowledge to direct his energies properly, must labor ceaselessly for the realization

of his aspirations, and must gradually tune his emotions to a higher, more spiritual

vibratory level. Those four attributes, Wisdom, Perseverance, Courage, and Love are

usually rendered in occult circles as: “To Know, To Do, To Dare, To be Silent.”

The winged linga in the center of the wreath of zodiacal flowers symbolizes the

permanent union of soul-mates and their ascension into angelic worlds by virtue of

the properties of the soul-mates system so formed. The girl kneeling by the harp

denotes that this union was brought about by living the life of the spirit while on

earth. Spiritual aspirations and devotion to furthering God’s Great Plan, loving and

unselfish endeavor to contribute the utmost to cosmic welfare, together with a clear

conception of the laws of harmony, in time bring about the recognition across the

spaces and the development of exchanging lines of force, which lead to this ineffable

union. This harmonious reverberation of soul to soul is symbolized by the harp of

three strings, for the union embraces all three planes.

Strength depends upon harmony, and the music of their souls sounding across the

spaces endows both with a hitherto unknown power to overcome obstacles, to gain

the blossoms of experience on all three planes, as signified by the three flowers

related to each of the 12 zodiacal signs. As a whole the ensemble signifies the

attainment of adeptship while on earth, and the crown of angelhood that awaits such

perfect human beings when they have passed from the physical and function in the

sublime vistas of the future.

From the Sacred Tarot by C.C. Zain, published by The Church of Light, www.light.org

Illustrations from IBIS TAROT CARDS reproduced by permission of AGM AGMuller,

CH-8212 Neuhausen, Switzerland. © 1991 AGM AGMuller.

Further reproduction prohibited.

i got this

The Martyr — Arcanum XII (12)

Expresses in the spiritual world, the revealed law.

In the intellectual world, the precept of duty.

In the physical world, sacrifice.

Remember, then, son of earth, that sacrifice is a divine law from which none is

exempt; but expect any ingratitude from men. Always hold thy soul in readiness to

render its account to the eternal. If Arcanum XII should appear in the prophetic signs

of thy horoscope, a violent death will spread its snares upon the way. But if the world

attempts thy earthly life do not die without accepting with resignation this decree of

God, and pardon thy cruelest enemies; for whosoever does not forgive here below

will be condemned in the next life to eternal solitude.

In Divination, Arcanum XII may be read as Sacrifice or Expiation.

Arcanum XII is figured by a man suspended by one foot from a gallows which is

supported by two trees, each having six cut branches. His hands are tied together,

forming a down-pointing triangle, above which one leg crosses the other in the form

of a cross. From the hands gold pieces drop to the earth.

It is the sign of a violent death, coming unexpectedly by accident, or in the expiation

of a crime, or accepted voluntarily through heroic devotion to truth and justice.

The twelve cut branches indicate the destruction of the twelve houses of the

horoscope, signifying the extinction of life.

The cross above the triangle, a symbol the reverse of that on Arcanum IV, indicates

that material forces have gained the ascendency and subdued the mind.

The coins dropping upon the earth signify wasted effort and the ebbing of the life

forces. They also indicate that the efforts of the martyr who loses his life in

furthering truth and justice are never lost, but remain on earth after he has passed.

Ideals as yet unrealized persist in the astral about the earth until they contact some

other person through whom they find suitable and more complete expression.

so what does it mean........? death....?

I got the sovereign, Arckanum IV

Expresses in the spiritual world, the realization, perpetual and hierarchic, of the virtualities, the efficacies, contained in Absolute Being.

In the intellectual world, the realization of the ideas of contingent being by the four-fold labors of the mind; affirmation, negation, discussion, and solution.

In the physical world, the realization of acts, directed by the knowledge of the truth, the love of justice, the force of the will, and the works of the organs.

Remember, then, son of earth, that nothing can resist a firm will which has for a lever

the knowledge of the true and just. To combat in order to secure its realization is more

than right; it is a duty. The man who triumphs in that struggle only accomplishes his

earthly mission; he who succumbs in devoting himself to it, gains immortality. If the

Sovereign should appear in the prophetic signs of thy horoscope, it signifies that the

realization of thy hopes depends upon a being more powerful than thyself. Seek to

know him and thou shalt have his support.

In Divination, Arcanum IV may be read as Realization.

Arcanum IV is figured by aman; on his head a sovereign’s helmet. He is seated upon

a cubic stone; his right hand raises a scepter surmounted by a circle, and his right leg

bent, rests upon the other, forming with it a cross.

The cubic stone, image of the perfect solid, signifies labor which has reached

completion. The cat, pictured on the side of the stone, indicates that the vision of the

soul penetrates the illusions of matter.

The sovereign’s helmet is an emblem of force conquered by power. The ruler is in

possession of the scepter of Isis, indicating that he has knowledge of the spiritual use

of the creative energies; and he points downward with his left hand to indicate that he

uses these energies in the subjugation of the physical.

The sacred serpent at his brow indicates enlightenment; and the hawk, sacred to the

sun, indicates his ambition to attain spiritual supremacy.

The cross, formed by his legs, symbolizes the four elemental kingdoms he has

mastered, and the expansion of human power through understanding.

The apron above the legs, together with them, figures a trine above a cross; the

symbol of mind dominating matter, and of the conservation of energy.

The Reaper — Arcanum XIII (13)

Expresses in the spiritual world, the perpetual movement of creation; destruction and renewal.

In the intellectual world, the ascension of the spirit into divine spheres.

In the physical world, natural death; that is to say, the transition through which the soul leaves its physical form henceforth to function in an astral form in the astral world.

Remember, then, son of earth, that terrestrial things are of short duration and that the

highest powers are reaped as the grass of the field. If Arcanum XIII should appear in

the prophetic signs of thy horoscope, the dissolution of thy organs will come sooner

than thou expectest. But do not dread it; for death is but the parturition of another life.

The universe reabsorbs without ceasing all which springs from her bosom that has

not spiritualized itself. But the releasing of ourselves from material instincts by a free

and voluntary adhesion of our souls to the laws of universal movement constitutes in

us the creation of a second man, a celestial man, and begins our immortality.

In Divination, Arcanum XIII may be read as Death or Transformation.

Arcanum XIII is figured by a skeleton reaping human heads, hands and feet. On the

blade of the scythe wielded by Time is a serpent and a scarabeus, and back of all is

seen a rainbow.

The progression of the scythe in its work is the emblem of the perpetual destruction

and rebirth of all forms of being in the domain of time.

The serpent on the scythe represents the virile energy that has carried the soul,

symbolized by the scarab, in its pilgrimage of births and deaths through the mineral

kingdom, the vegetable kingdom and the animal kingdom up to the estate of man.

The skeleton mowing human heads, hands and feet signifies that the thoughts, works

and understanding of man eventually pass from the earth. But the rainbow promises a

new life of thought, effort and knowledge in a superior realm.

From the Sacred Tarot by C.C. Zain, published by The Church of Light, www.light.org

I got Balance.

(makes a change).

I dont think it means you have got it, though.

If it does, mine means I am dead. Which is possible I supose.

I dont think it means you have got it, though.

If it does, mine means I am dead. Which is possible I supose.

If it means I need balance .. then you need to be dead ...

If it means I need balance .. then you need to be dead ...

Maybe we are both working on our respective tasks.

I do need to be dead. Again.

I haz inner zombie?

Maybe we are both working on our respective tasks.

I do need to be dead. Again.

I haz inner zombie?

In the midst of death we are in life etc.

So Cat when you have the Death then you have the power of great change.

Tres important. I hope to not squander nor misuse.

A temporary break of silence to appease curiosity.

The Magus — Arcanum I (1)

Expresses in the spiritual world, absolute Being, which contains, and from which emanates, the infinity of possibilities.

In the intellectual world, unity, principle and synthesis of numbers, and the will principle of acts.

In the physical world, man the highest placed of relative being, who is called upon to raise himself by a perpetual expansion of his faculties in the concentric spheres of the absolute.

Remember, then, son of earth, that man should, like God, act without ceasing. To will
nothing and do nothing is more fatal than to will and do ill. If the Magus should
appear in the prophetic signs of thy horoscope, it announces that a firm will and faith
in yourself, guided by reason and a love of justice will conduct you to the end that you
wish to attain and will preserve you from the perils of the way.
In Divination, Arcanum I may be read briefly as Will or Dexterity.
Arcanum I is pictured by a Magus, type of the perfect man, that is to say, in full
possession of his moral and physical faculties. He is represented standing; it is the
attitude of will which precedes action. His robe is white, image of purity, original or
regained. A serpent biting its own tail serves him for a girdle; it is the symbol of
eternity which alone circumscribes his endeavors. His forehead is girt with a circle of
gold. Gold signifies light, and the circle expresses the universal circumference in
which gravitate all created things.
The right hand of the Magus holds a scepter of gold, surmounted by a circle
representing spirit; symbol of the authority conferred by spiritual attainment. He
raises it toward heaven in the sign of aspiration to science, wisdom and force.
Above is a four-pointed star, its rays extending heavenward; it is the over-shadowing
genius of his spiritual master directing his efforts and counseling him in his upward
struggles. The left hand extends the index finger to the earth to show that the mission
of the perfect man is to reign over the material world. This double gesture also
expresses that the human will should reflect the Divine Will in order to procure good
and prevent evil.
Before the Magus, upon a cubic stone, are placed a cup, a sword, and a piece of gold
money in the center of which is engraved a cross. The cup signifies the mixture of the
passions which contribute to happiness and unhappiness according as we are their
masters or their slaves. The sword signifies the work, the struggle which traverses
obstacles, and the trials which sorrow submits us to. The coin, sign of determined
value, is the symbol of realized aspirations, of work accomplished; and shows the
sun of power conquered by the perseverance and efficacy of the will. The cross, seal
of the infinite, by which the coin is marked, announces the ascension of that power in
the spheres of the future. The cube upon which these symbols rest typifies the
physical world; and has graven on its side an ibis, to indicate that eternal vigilance is a
necessity if physical limitations are to be surmounted.

Illustrations from IBIS TAROT CARDS reproduced by permission of AGM AGMuller,
CH-8212 Neuhausen, Switzerland. © 1991 AGM AGMuller.
Further reproduction prohibited.

The answer spoke on many levels directly to the question asked (which I will not share.) Fascinating!

I asked "What am I ?" and also got

13-Major-Death1.jpg

(looks a bit like a single whip B) )