Sign in to follow this  
ronko

stillness movement - self healing

im just wondering , i have saw alot of amazing testimonies of healing other people

with the s-m system but i dont think i have saw any one mention the self healing aspect of s-m.

Would anyone care to add what they have felt self healing wise to this ?

I would love to hear any ones experience .

Edited by sinansencer

Well I'm a major beginner in the system but I have already witnessed a great deal of the self-healing aspect of S-M. First of all, I was not able to do sitting meditation before the workshop because of my cronic fatique syndrome. I've now done around 1-2h's of S-M every day for a month and it has really had an effect on everything in my life. My emotions have stabilized, I have a general feeling of wellbeing in my body, I've come more relaxed and aware in my body and mind. I have more energy to do things and many of my social paranoias and other psychological symptoms have basicly gone away. I am by no means fully healed but there has been a clear change within the month of practice.

At first the movements were crazy for me. The energies were bouncing wildly all over the place. Now the nature of them has changed and the movements are more coherent. Its like my energy channels have opened so much that now my whole body moves as a whole, instead of random spasms here and there. Also I've started to feel the chi, simply because there seems to be so much of it in the dan tien area.

It feels so good to just observe while your body and mind regenerates itself. Every session you feel better and better while at the same time you know that it will get only better. It is pure awesomeness :P

I'm eager to hear from the more experienced practitioners :P

• Like 3

Well I got a cold (rare) mixture of doing barefoot stillness movement in forest but anyways I digress, have been doing stillness movement during revision/study for the last hour and just yawning/shaking out sickness seem to be healing...

I don't want to hijack the thread. But I have a simple question regarding SM.

Can I learn SM from the book A Light Warrior's Guide? Or Do I have to attend the workshop to receive the initial "vibration"?

Thanks.

I don't want to hijack the thread. But I have a simple question regarding SM.

Can I learn SM from the book A Light Warrior's Guide? Or Do I have to attend the workshop to receive the initial "vibration"?

Thanks.

Well, you can learn the practice from the book (I did), and you can see some benefits from it's practice...but all reports indicate that to really get the most out of it you need to attend a workshop and receive the transmission.

It's like jump-starting the engine...then you just gotta keep practicing afterwards to make sure the battery doesn't go dead again.

I'm going this November, really looking forward to it. :D

Well I was basically doing it from the book/a similar practice before but the transmissions seem to have skyrocketed progress, not something that I can explain linearly/logically but thats life.

• Like 1

I went to an osteopath the other day for a posture check and he was marveling at the great mobility of my spine and joints. I showd him some of the movements from Gift of the Tao and he was convinced they were helping me. I think the purely physical aspect of these movements alone -wide, circling, sweeping- makes them good for you. Then of course there's the spiralling whirling mystery involved.

• Like 1

You can buy it on kindle for cheap, if you don't have one I think there are free reader apps you can download for your laptop or phone.

I've been practicing for a month over a year now, and it has definitely contributed to healing in me.

Psychologically it's been very calming and emotionally releasing, and physically it's been very healing and reducing/removing pain in general.

And I've heard from a number of qigong systems 'you'll need less sleep' and the like, and this is the first system that I've experienced that in a very noticeable way. It very seriously seems to charge me up, both in body and mind.

Chronic pain in my shoulder is gone, long term tightness in my lower right psoas is gone, corresponding right knee pain healing.

And it has taken some time, but now when I focus on my lower dantien I can feel the energy kick up. Like I had to develop the dantien before focusing on it would create any kind of energy movement. Now though, I can feel the energy start doing things when I focus on it.... like a subtle bliss or feeling headiness.

One of the biggest things I attribute to it, is my life is on fire lately. Work life is going awesome, relational life is awesome, and everything seems to be coming together really well. It's like the more I practice the more I feel supported in my life and what to do/where to go/how to do it comes really easy and effortlessly.

So... there you go.

John

• Like 2

I saw the Kindle version, and the price is great for that, but I don't own a Kindle yet. The new paperwhite one have me really tempted, but I want to hear some reviews first. I can't do a lot of reading with non eink displays without getting a headache, so I was hoping to snag a paper copy at a reasonable price. If I don't manage to find a copy then the Kindle is the most likely direction I would go since the cost of the device and book together would not be a lot more than the cost of just a paper copy right now. Thanks. :)

You can buy the kindle version and read it online at read.amazon.com, in your browser.

John

Edited by JohnC

Ya Mu has been appalled at the prices some are trying to sell his book. The kindle option was to allow people access without being ripped off.

I have the kindle book on my pc and my android phone. You don't need an actual 'kindle' device.

Best,

Many members here seem to be familiar with the book A Light Warrior's Guide. The website mentions a coming second printing of the book, but not any indication of when that may take place. Does anyone here have inside information on if/when that might be happening? Current copies of the book used are running around $100 or more due to its out of print status. :unsure:

If you ever get that inside info let me know as I would be interested in knowing that answer as well.:)

I saw the Kindle version, and the price is great for that, but I don't own a Kindle yet. The new paperwhite one have me really tempted, but I want to hear some reviews first. I can't do a lot of reading with non eink displays without getting a headache, so I was hoping to snag a paper copy at a reasonable price. If I don't manage to find a copy then the Kindle is the most likely direction I would go since the cost of the device and book together would not be a lot more than the cost of just a paper copy right now. Thanks. :)

There may be someone who has a copy who would sell it at cost.

Or just read a few pages at a time on computer. I have the same problem as you about reading on LCD's and use my kindle a lot as it does not cause the same problems.

The new paper-white kindle with internal light looks like a great solution to reading.

edit

About self-healing:

I do not think I would be walking without the practice of Stillness-Movement. I do think I would be fully handicapped, in deep pain, and non productive without the practice.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 2

I figured it never hurts to ask. I did not realize that you were the author at that point. :D

Sorry to hear you have the same trouble, but it is nice to know I am not the only one. If I end up picking up the paperwhite I'll let you know how it is. I appreciate your reply. :)

One thing I found is that I am able to read on the high-resolution android devices for longer than on a desktop computer (max resolution). Still LCD (or variation) and I can't read as long as on a regular kindle. Difference is smaller size and less radiation due to the size.

Sign in to follow this