Sign in to follow this  
Gongbaoshaun

This is my obligatory post

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and practice Yin Fu Bagua. Been training for about six years, not counting my past

training in Kempo and TKD. Bagua saved my life because my body was all messed up from years of abuse....now I am transformed and I have way more of a "Bagua Body".

I would really like to add to some of the bagua posts here

Hope you all have a great day!

Edited by Gongbaoshaun

Hey there!

Just curious.....did you even read what I posted or did you just react to the topic thread? So far you are the only one to post and you seemed a little rude dispite your Namaste at the end, but I am socially awkward so maybe you were attempting to be humorous and I just didn't understand.

The interesting thing is that I used that title as a social experiment to see how welcoming you people are in situations where understanding others intentions is concerned.

Thank you all for your help!

Since no one else responded to your introductory post I thought I would do you the respect of a response rather than have you hanging out there on a limb . From time to time I go through and post quick responses to the intro posts which have been looked at and ignored for some reason or other.

I was joking with you , and yes it could be taken as rude if thats your propensity , you could have also chosen to not take it so.

I figure the experiment was a success , you found out that people respond to the vibes you put out, and same for me.

Theres an additional few tidbits to glean though...You weighted the response negatively although you KNEW it could be taken as a joke,

AND I put a smiley face

AND I put a Namaste

AND I responded to you although everyone else ignored you.

AND you started out with a TEST for us-me

no I dont always be sweet , thats true , but then being sweet is a treacherous thing

it leaves one wondering whether its sincere or not

and some may not care whether its sincere , they solace themselves

with the appearance of being earnest rather than try to find out if it is earnest

You wanted to know. What do you think now?

Is my sincerity refreshing , or is not what you wanted ?

And there you have many lessons already to pass-on or consider.

Have a nice weekend either way

Stosh

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

Dont read so much into Lobby posts, they are literally obligatory posts signifying nothing, people respond generally out of having a bit of time on their hands. I've read about Yinfu bagua, looks cool.

• Like 1

What do I think now?

I think you should have thicker skin and learn to forgive those who don't seem sincere enough for you. It amazes me that this bothered you so much...I just wanted to get my "hi how you doing" post out of the way to get on to something meaningful. Now I have reservations about that.

To be honest it didn't become an experiment until I was left to flap in the wind. It didn't really bother me much at all and I decided that I wouldn't share anything with a group of people who can't even say hello or welcome me to the site. Which leads me to your post...why did you put obligated in quotes? That is what made me question weather you were joking or not. I want you to know I appriciate you posting but like I said before I'm a bit awkward sometimes. I hope you never have to deal with that because it can really suck sometimes.

Also, If you are saying that I'm not ernest then you are making one hell of a snap decision based on one post that I made. You have to try being my friend before you can say anything like that. I am not some noob taoist for you to look down upon. I just want the respect anyone should deserve, instead of instant chastisement.

I would rather be friends than rivals so the ball is in your court.

Hope you have a great weekend too!

I only tend to glance at posts / topics that are of personal interest to me. But it's usually interesting to read a Newcomers introduction to the rest of us Bums, via their first post in the Lobby. As you have written, just because you're a newcomer to this particular website, doesn't make you a beginner in anything else. Lots of variety in both age and experience here. Surely that's a good thing.

The title of your first post probably gave the impression that you were only doing it so that you could post something else, in another part of the website. But it's sometimes difficult to understand another persons true "intent", however I totally believe Stosh was trying to be funny / welcoming.

Back on topic, I've no actual "experience" of Ba Gua (Pa Kua) apart from watching the usual videos of people walking the circle (was it Hung I Hsiang ?). Believe it was an old BBC show called "The Way of the Warrior". But I did find Robert W. Smith's books very interesting.

Basher

• Like 1

What do I think now?

I think you should have thicker skin and learn to forgive those who don't seem sincere enough for you. It amazes me that this bothered you so much...I just wanted to get my "hi how you doing" post out of the way to get on to something meaningful. Now I have reservations about that.

To be honest it didn't become an experiment until I was left to flap in the wind. It didn't really bother me much at all and I decided that I wouldn't share anything with a group of people who can't even say hello or welcome me to the site. Which leads me to your post...why did you put obligated in quotes? That is what made me question weather you were joking or not. I want you to know I appriciate you posting but like I said before I'm a bit awkward sometimes. I hope you never have to deal with that because it can really suck sometimes.

Also, If you are saying that I'm not ernest then you are making one hell of a snap decision based on one post that I made. You have to try being my friend before you can say anything like that. I am not some noob taoist for you to look down upon. I just want the respect anyone should deserve, instead of instant chastisement.

I would rather be friends than rivals so the ball is in your court.

Hope you have a great weekend too!

Sir ,I said you WERE earnest in trying to find out what was sincere

that others dont always care if its sincere , they just want the stroke.

I do think you are intentionally taking things backward to display assertiveness

because you are uncomfortable in the new situation presented.

Clearly you chose not to accept my considerations in the other post

Thats your right , but if you consider your behavior ordinarily

a point of difficulty for you , (you called it awkwardness -and felt that way

before you posted here so it has nothing to do with any invention of mine)

Ive offered you a gift regarding that too.

You dont want them

so we just move on

If you change your mind about that you can post me , but Ill tell

you,,, Im just not playing that ball game ,

If you want to play sincere instead and want sincerity back thats cool ,

If you want me to stroke your ego

to get you to take the chip off your shoulder , Im not in the mood.

Im not representative of many of the folks here, judge them for themselves.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

Thank you Basher!

Yeah, you're right about that post title, I wanted to post on the bagua thread but had to post in the lobby first. Titles are not my forte so I posted the first thing that came to mind....

I'm not familiar with Robert Smith(unless you are talking about the cure) but I have read bruce francis and a few others. The thing about bagua is that even the best written book is no substitute for a good teacher, one who can not only teach but use the bagua like second nature. It is extemely rare to find and individual like this, I just got lucky. Right time and place....

Anyway if you want to see some quality practicioners, look at these gentlemen:

He Jing Han

He Jin Bao

Micheal Guen

They each have a youtube channel and you can see the difference in practice as well; The Gong Bao Tien line features an "open body" approach that involves getting you shoulders back and down, among other points, while the Men Bao Zhen has a closed approach. The other main difference between the two is that the palm are named differently one based on our body organs and one based on animals, respectively.

He Jing Han was taught by Gong Bao Zhi and is the banner carrier for the Yin Fu/ Gong Bao Tien line.

He Jin Bao was taught by Xie Peiqi and is the banner carrier for the Yin Fu/Men Bao Zhen line

Micheal guen is the banner carrier for the Yin Fu/Gong Bao Tien line in North America.

Hope this helps you!

Also, I found a guy in England that is pretty good and has a channel called internalartstv. Not sure where but you may be close to him....

• Like 1

Training tonight, but I'll try and look at a few of these soon

(if I can prise my Fiancee off the ****** Computer, as she's hooked on Facebook !!!)

Cheers for the info.

Basher

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this